Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2019 Rules

38 replies to this topic

#31 darter79

darter79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
GolfWRX Likes : 367

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Talked to my local tour director who also serves as a rule official for worlds. Told me that he thinks us kids will create a local rule for the caddie element for the 9 hole event kids. Nothing official has come out yet but he expects something official pretty soon. For what its worth.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 kekoa

kekoa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1910

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

Looks like the first couple rules revisions were sent out by US Kids.  The whole caddy positioning thing is going to be huge.

#33 BertGA

BertGA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500442
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

View Postkekoa, on 16 November 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Looks like the first couple rules revisions were sent out by US Kids.  The whole caddy positioning thing is going to be huge.

My instincts tell me the inability to line up players in the younger age groups may slow down play. It will certainly shorten the duration between stance and shot, but itís gonna lead to some off-line balls. But hopefully it will accelerate the kidsí abilities to do this without caddie assistance.

#34 leezer99

leezer99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 1008

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image

#35 AUSweeper

AUSweeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492298
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

Anyone else play with dads that actually line the ball up for the kid to putt?  Not aligning the kid over the ball, but actually lined the line on the ball with the target.  Was really surprised to see some pretty elite playerís dads did this for them.

#36 darter79

darter79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

View PostAUSweeper, on 16 November 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

Anyone else play with dads that actually line the ball up for the kid to putt?  Not aligning the kid over the ball, but actually lined the line on the ball with the target.  Was really surprised to see some pretty elite player's dads did this for them.

That part of the rule won't change a caddie can still set up the ball for them.

#37 darter79

darter79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

I think the younger divisions will struggle badly and pace of play will be awful as well. I know a few parents in the younger groups that latterly align the kids drivers to the target. But I'm glad to see it happen.

#38 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:11 AM

View PostAUSweeper, on 14 September 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

View Posttiger1873, on 12 September 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostMikekiM, on 12 September 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Was reading through some of the rules changes for 2019 and this one stood out.  
Rule 10.2b

Restriction on Your Caddie Standing Behind You. When you begin taking your stance for the stroke and until your stroke is made:

• Your caddie must not deliberately stand on or close to an extension of your line of play behind your ball for any reason.

• If you take a stance in breach of this Rule, you cannot avoid penalty by backing away.

If I'm not mistaken this would be a noticeable rule change for next year.  I think the current rule allows the caddie in the line up until the swing begins.  The rule change seems to change that.  Hopefully this should help pace of play.

This rule will really help in junior golf. Last US kids tournament a few weeks ago they were telling everyone after Jan 1st this rule will be in effect.

No more lining up shots or putts!!! I am sure some parents will  be mad since they canít do it and their kids will not win. I expect we will see scores go up in the younger ages a lot.

Iím not so sure this will change much.  They will still line the ball up for the kid every time.  Just wonít do it while they are in their stance about to putt.  To get around this rule, if the player sets up and is misaligned the caddie could just have the kid mark it and adjust accordingly, right?

No they canít be anywhere near them when take stance. In theory you can both stand behind the ball a few feet but you canít be there when they actually start to take the stance. This means a kid need to align themselves before actually hitting the ball.

Would not be surprised if scores go way up after this rule is in effect for younger kids.

#39 I_HATE_SNOW

I_HATE_SNOW

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47459
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostMikekiM, on 12 September 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Was reading through some of the rules changes for 2019 and this one stood out.  
Rule 10.2b

Restriction on Your Caddie Standing Behind You. When you begin taking your stance for the stroke and until your stroke is made:
  • Your caddie must not deliberately stand on or close to an extension of your line of play behind your ball for any reason.
  • If you take a stance in breach of this Rule, you cannot avoid penalty by backing away.

If I'm not mistaken this would be a noticeable rule change for next year.  I think the current rule allows the caddie in the line up until the swing begins.  The rule change seems to change that.  Hopefully this should help pace of play.

The LPGA will have fun with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors