Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

iBlade update/refresh?

71 replies to this topic

#31 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141617
GolfWRX Likes : 4123

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:32 AM

iteachgolf, on 08 September 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

Fairwindsgolfer, on 07 September 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

iteachgolf, on 07 September 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Fairwindsgolfer, on 07 September 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

QuigleyDU, on 07 September 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

i would suggest to ping to make an I500 tour irons. Slightly smaller head, regular lofts, and maybe decrease the springiness of the face so that it was less of a "distance iron". they look great just tweak it for a tour model.
I have not hit the I500's, but nonetheless was disappointed when I learned they are more of a distance iron than tour iron.
The thought of a true ping forged iron sounded awesome

WTH is a tour iron and a distance iron?  The i500 can be ordered in retro lofts and get plenty of play on tours worldwide.
I decided to follow up on your claim that the ping i500's are played on plenty of tours worldwide.
It turns out that you couldn't be any more wrong. One out of the 19 professional golfers listed on pings website has them playing the i500 and that is Tony Finau.  And it just so happens that he's playing with just the I500 3 iron.
I put the link here just in case you want to refute..
http://ping.com/pros/pga-tour

I am sure the i500 are awesome clubs, and this whole thing started out by me simply saying that I was hoping they would be more of a traditional forged model.

They are in play on tour. And will be in play a lot more next year. Guys donít switch mid season.  I have severa players testing them.  And the website isnít always accurate.  There were a lot in play at the PGA.

The Titleist 718cb is the same construction. So are the PXG and Taylormade 790s.  It was known from day one it was a hollow forged iron.  

And I didnít say anything volatile.  I asked a simple question.
Lol your first word was ďWTHĒ. It was a strong start iTeach.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 7448

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:00 AM

PowderedToastMan, on 08 September 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

I have not hit the I500's, but nonetheless was disappointed when I learned they are more of a distance iron than tour iron.

WTH is a tour iron and a distance iron?  The i500 can be ordered in retro lofts and get plenty of play on tours worldwide.
I decided to follow up on your claim that the ping i500's are played on plenty of tours worldwide.
It turns out that you couldn't be any more wrong. One out of the 19 professional golfers listed on pings website has them playing the i500 and that is Tony Finau.  And it just so happens that he's playing with just the I500 3 iron.

I am sure the i500 are awesome clubs, and this whole thing started out by me simply saying that I was hoping they would be more of a traditional forged model.

They are in play on tour. And will be in play a lot more next year. Guys donít switch mid season.  I have severa players testing them.  And the website isnít always accurate.  There were a lot in play at the PGA.

The Titleist 718cb is the same construction. So are the PXG and Taylormade 790s.  It was known from day one it was a hollow forged iron.  

Lol your first word was ďWTHĒ. It was a strong start iTeach.

It autocorrected to all caps.  I literally donít know what a ďtourĒ iron or a distance iron is if they have the same traditional lofts.  Itís not like they are super max GI with a 43* pw

#33 ATXHorn

ATXHorn

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79395
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

Fairwindsgolfer, on 07 September 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

i would suggest to ping to make an I500 tour irons. Slightly smaller head, regular lofts, and maybe decrease the springiness of the face so that it was less of a "distance iron". they look great just tweak it for a tour model.

I didn't realize my comment would engender such a volatile response.  This is golf, not politics, why do you care so much?
I guess I'll reiterate my point..
I originally thought the I500's would be based off a more traditional forging model.
As for it being more of a distance iron, perhaps this excerpt from golf digest will explain it better..

"Epitomizing that search for precision boosted with power, or more correctly, power accented with precision, is the Ping i500, a more compact version of the flexible face-insert, hollow-body technology first seen in Ping's Crossover hybrid irons."
Regarding your claim that it gets plenty of play on tours..when did I say it didn't?

If you thought that was a "volatile response" you have lived a pretty coddled life. I also did not see any political stance in his comments.
Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
Titleist AVX or Chromesoft

#34 Kale_m

Kale_m

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257042
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 403

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

718cb is a hollow body iron? Whhhaattttttttt??
Ping G400lst 8.5* handcrafted PX EvenFlow Black 6.5 63g
G400 3w Aldila green mamba 70tx
790 UDI hzdus black 6.5 85g
716 tmb 4/5 x100 amt
716 cb 6-P x100 Amt
Sm6 52f/56m/60k
Tm spider black 35Ē

#35 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 16,272 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

Kale_m, on 08 September 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

718cb is a hollow body iron? Whhhaattttttttt??

In all but the short irons, yes. The 2-7 irons have a hollow cavity in lower portion of the club.  The hollow part is partially filled with tungsten at each end in order increase perimeter weighting and MOI.  Thin steel face insert welded to a forged body with a hollow cavity in lower portion.  So instead of a screw it has tungsten caps hidden inside the hollow cavity.  Different take on a very similar design to the i500

Edited by iteachgolf, 08 September 2018 - 11:52 AM.

#36 Fairwindsgolfer

Fairwindsgolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459000
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

ATXHorn, on 08 September 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Fairwindsgolfer, on 07 September 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

I didn't realize my comment would engender such a volatile response.  This is golf, not politics, why do you care so much?
I guess I'll reiterate my point..
I originally thought the I500's would be based off a more traditional forging model.
As for it being more of a distance iron, perhaps this excerpt from golf digest will explain it better..

"Epitomizing that search for precision boosted with power, or more correctly, power accented with precision, is the Ping i500, a more compact version of the flexible face-insert, hollow-body technology first seen in Ping's Crossover hybrid irons."
Regarding your claim that it gets plenty of play on tours..when did I say it didn't?

If you thought that was a "volatile response" you have lived a pretty coddled life. I also did not see any political stance in his comments.
oh yeah that's me. I lived a real coddled life. 9 years active duty in the US Armed Forces.
do me a favor and don't get personal with such a trivial topic, referencing what kind of life you think I lived

Edited by Fairwindsgolfer, 08 September 2018 - 02:30 PM.

#37 Ivyguy

Ivyguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200623
GolfWRX Likes : 608

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:11 PM

The 718cb is not hollow, it would be the AP3 that is more similar to the player distance thing.

#38 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 16,272 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Ivyguy, on 08 September 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

The 718cb is not hollow, it would be the AP3 that is more similar to the player distance thing.

There absolutely is a hollow cavity in the 7-2 iron behind the face.  Itís 2 piece construction with a thinner welded face exactly for this reason.   Itís not a one piece forging. The cavity is filled with Tungsten.  He AP3 is nothing like the I500, the ap3 is much closer to the g700

#39 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

This is just babytown frolics...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
GolfWRX Likes : 844

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

iteachgolf, on 08 September 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

There absolutely is a hollow cavity in the 7-2 iron behind the face.  Itís 2 piece construction with a thinner welded face exactly for this reason.   Itís not a one piece forging. The cavity is filled with Tungsten.  He AP3 is nothing like the I500, the ap3 is much closer to the g700
Curious to hear your thoughts from your players testing of these LCG hollow construction irons, particularly in the short irons.
Ping G400 LST 10* w/ Tour 65 (X)
Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
Ping i210 5-PW w/ KBS TGI 95
Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ KBS TGI 100
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

#40 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 16,272 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

PreppySlapCut, on 08 September 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Curious to hear your thoughts from your players testing of these LCG hollow construction irons, particularly in the short irons.

The guys using i500s like them.  Havenít heard anything negative about the short irons.  But they are all playing retro specs.   I tested them and loved them.  Not enough to switch but if I wasnít already settled on my set theyíd likely be in my bag.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

This is just babytown frolics...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
GolfWRX Likes : 844

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:49 PM

iteachgolf, on 08 September 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

The guys using i500s like them.  Havenít heard anything negative about the short irons.  But they are all playing retro specs.   I tested them and loved them.  Not enough to switch but if I wasnít already settled on my set theyíd likely be in my bag.
Interesting.  The only reason I went away from my PXGs was my distance control w/ my shorter irons, which I felt was more a function of my getting steep and hitting it higher on the face.  The launch and forgiveness in the long irons is impossible to ignore.
Ping G400 LST 10* w/ Tour 65 (X)
Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
Ping i210 5-PW w/ KBS TGI 95
Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ KBS TGI 100
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

#42 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 16,272 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

PreppySlapCut, on 08 September 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

Interesting.  The only reason I went away from my PXGs was my distance control w/ my shorter irons, which I felt was more a function of my getting steep and hitting it higher on the face.  The launch and forgiveness in the long irons is impossible to ignore.

I think the correct shaft and ball is imperative for short irons to be good.  Donít want flyers from the fairway

#43 Ivyguy

Ivyguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200623
GolfWRX Likes : 608

Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:32 AM

I have to apologize to everyone, mods please remove me if needed, I thought 718cbs from titleis were solid, not hollow.  

I feel like a dumbass.  I apologize.  

The i500 i hit and quite liked. If not looking at the club from the bottom, only at address, they looked blade like.  

I grew up playing mp14 and ta3 ( if u dont know those clubs, this thread is over your head)  

The i500 felt dense in the right places.  

I want a more solid state veruon of this for the iBlade replacement.

Knowing Ping, right now, they cant make it. That's why its not going to run.

#44 nic19

nic19

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 380934
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:12 AM

There is a very good TXG video about how retrospec lofts may or may not work for people. Not sure high speed tour pros would get what they re after with these

#45 rkristopheranderson

rkristopheranderson

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131947
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

There absolutely is a hollow cavity in the 7-2 iron behind the face.  It's 2 piece construction with a thinner welded face exactly for this reason.   It's not a one piece forging. The cavity is filled with Tungsten.  He AP3 is nothing like the I500, the ap3 is much closer to the g700

The guys using i500s like them.  Haven't heard anything negative about the short irons.  But they are all playing retro specs.   I tested them and loved them.  Not enough to switch but if I wasn't already settled on my set they'd likely be in my bag.

The Ping rep who was in our CC shop mentioned that--better players buying these went retrospecs.

Ping G25 @ 9degrees/TFC 189D stiff
Callaway XHot2 pro/13.5 degrees/Aldila TG stiff
Titleist 913H/19 degrees/Aldila TG stiff
Ping s55/4-W/KBS Tour R+ [ .5 long]
Glide 50 w. Wrx grind
Vokey SM5 54-10/S grind
Vokey SM4 60-04
Scotty Cameron California Monterrey

#46 YoureStillAway1

YoureStillAway1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510648
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

I can't see it happening. Took Ping a while for them to come up with a replacement for S55. When it comes to player irons, they take their time. Doubt they have anything coming soon. Certain they're working on something, though.

#47 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1735

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

There absolutely is a hollow cavity in the 7-2 iron behind the face.  It's 2 piece construction with a thinner welded face exactly for this reason.   It's not a one piece forging. The cavity is filled with Tungsten.  He AP3 is nothing like the I500, the ap3 is much closer to the g700

The guys using i500s like them.  Haven't heard anything negative about the short irons.  But they are all playing retro specs.   I tested them and loved them.  Not enough to switch but if I wasn't already settled on my set they'd likely be in my bag.

thanks Teach, i am surprised people still get in arguing matches with you. the must not know the sphere of influence that you have.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

#48 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

HOOK 'EM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
GolfWRX Likes : 4608

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:01 AM

Looks like Louis Oosthuizen is testing a set of Ping blades - supposedly a true MB

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cvhookem63, 02 October 2018 - 09:02 AM.

WITB Link
TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
NIKE OVEN Engage 46* | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback or Pro Platinum Mid Sur 35"/375g

#49 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • 28,546 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 3970

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

Is this slated for a spring 19 release?

#50 Circaflex

Circaflex

Well, I gotta go now. Iíve got a lotta bounciní to do!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360919
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

cvhookem63, on 02 October 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Looks like Louis Oosthuizen is testing a set of Ping blades - supposedly a true MB

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW. I am so glade I didn't purchase anything recently, these are going in the bag for sure.

I play a mish-mash of brands and am an avid Arccos user.
GHIN: 2719293

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 uglande

uglande

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43849
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:52 AM

They are in play on tour. And will be in play a lot more next year. Guys don't switch mid season.  I have severa players testing them.  And the website isn't always accurate.  There were a lot in play at the PGA.

And I didn't say anything volatile.  I asked a simple question.

Have to disagree about i500. I don't think you'll see anyone on tour playing a set of these -- just long-iron replacement. Remember that the tour players have had access to these for a year now. The i500s go too high and are too inconsistent at the bottom end of the bag for tour players. Same with TaylorMade P790. Very popular as driving irons/long-irons, but not precise enough in the scoring irons.
8.5 - Driver - Titleist - TS3 - Diamana White 70
13.5 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80

16.5 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80
21.0 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80
27.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
30.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
34.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
38.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
42.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
46.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
50.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-F - Dynamic Gold
54.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-S - Dynamic Gold
58.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-D - Dynamic Gold

Putter - TaylorMade - Spider Center Shaft
Ball - Titleist - ProV1x - #68

#52 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

Itís your right to disagree with iTeach; just remember that heís actually out at tour events, with the players, some of which he teaches. I believe what he sees more than what you believe.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.

#53 animalgolfs

animalgolfs

FL & OK

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212485
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

The best part of these:

By the time these come out my game should be back....

SHOULD ⛳👀

G400 Max 9* Tour 65
G400 14.5* Attas 4u
G400h 19* Tour 85
G Crossover 21* iRod 95
G400 24.5* Elements Fire 7
G700 6i Recoil 110
i500 7-UW{pwr spec} Recoil 110
Stealth 2.0 54* Steelfiber i110
Eye 2 V-Groove 57.5* Recoil 125 Proto
Vault 2.0 B60 Stealth WRX 390g

#54 uglande

uglande

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43849
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

PowderedToastMan, on 30 October 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

It's your right to disagree with iTeach; just remember that he's actually out at tour events, with the players, some of which he teaches. I believe what he sees more than what you believe.

These came out at the same time as the i210 and there are lots of those irons in play on tour and the website (Ping's WITB page) reflects this. For i500 ... just an occasional long iron replacement. I guess we can wait and see but I'm not seeing any pros playing hollow-headed irons, from any manufacturer, except in the long irons. Ping's Blueprint forged irons might be the one to break through, although it's still hard to tell from the photos and limited info online if these are solid, hollow, progressively hollow, foam-filled, etc. They look great though.

Edited by uglande, 30 October 2018 - 02:49 PM.

8.5 - Driver - Titleist - TS3 - Diamana White 70
13.5 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80

16.5 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80
21.0 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80
27.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
30.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
34.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
38.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
42.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
46.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
50.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-F - Dynamic Gold
54.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-S - Dynamic Gold
58.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-D - Dynamic Gold

Putter - TaylorMade - Spider Center Shaft
Ball - Titleist - ProV1x - #68

#55 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1735

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

uglande, on 30 October 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

It's your right to disagree with iTeach; just remember that he's actually out at tour events, with the players, some of which he teaches. I believe what he sees more than what you believe.

These came out at the same time as the i210 and there are lots of those irons in play on tour and the website (Ping's WITB page) reflects this. For i500 ... just an occasional long iron replacement. I guess we can wait and see but I'm not seeing any pros playing hollow-headed irons, from any manufacturer, except in the long irons. Ping's Blueprint forged irons might be the one to break through, although it's still hard to tell from the photos and limited info online if these are solid, hollow, progressively hollow, foam-filled, etc. They look great though.

PXGs are hollow and there are a number of pros with those in the bag. Ap2s are hollow'ish and those are in play. never say never.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

#56 tbone18

tbone18

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93319
  • Handicap:0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

QuigleyDU, on 30 October 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

PXGs are hollow and there are a number of pros with those in the bag. Ap2s are hollow'ish and those are in play. never say never.
PXG's are hollow filled with a tpu polymer that supports the face and helps with ball speed. Same as P790's and P760's 3-7 iron. The i500 and G700 are completely hollow, nothing inside but air.
PING G400 MAX 9 / ALDILA RIP ALPHA 70 X-FLEX / TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70 TX
PING G400 3W 14.5 / ALDILA RIP BETA 70 X-FLEX
PXG 0317 HYBRID 19,22 / NV2K15 BLUE 90 X-FLEX
PXG GEN 1 0311T 5-PW / STEELFIBER 110CW STIFF
TITLEIST VOKEY SM7 TOUR CHROME 50,54,58
PXG MUSTANG BLACK

#57 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

The guys playing i210 used to play i200. Those are two irons that require almost zero adjustment to. They play very similar and look very similar. Itís an easy switch to make.

i500 plays nothing like any PING iron and frankly looks unique to any PING iron (medium blade length, low offset, medium sole width). Thereís no way a tour player could bag those, mid season, and adjust quickly.

I would agree that more guys are going to bag i210, but itís too early to determine how many will bag full i500 sets.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.

#58 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 11,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
GolfWRX Likes : 3968

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

View Postuglande, on 30 October 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

Have to disagree about i500. I don't think you'll see anyone on tour playing a set of these -- just long-iron replacement. Remember that the tour players have had access to these for a year now. The i500s go too high and are too inconsistent at the bottom end of the bag for tour players. Same with TaylorMade P790. Very popular as driving irons/long-irons, but not precise enough in the scoring irons.

And I don't think the i500's or the 790's spin enough to get play on tour. No hold on the greens.
Twitter @richardaudi
easyyy WITB
richard@golfwrx.com

#59 lawsonman

lawsonman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3865

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

tbone18, on 30 October 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

QuigleyDU, on 30 October 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

PXG's are hollow filled with a tpu polymer that supports the face and helps with ball speed. Same as P790's and P760's 3-7 iron. The i500 and G700 are completely hollow, nothing inside but air.

People that own the I500's say they are not hollow.
Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 16.5
Ping Anser 20,23 Hybrid
Ping G30 5 & 6 Hybrid
Ping  S56, 7- GW
KZG Forged 60*
Ping Piper S Redwood
Ping DLX Bag

#60 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99079
GolfWRX Likes : 2387

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

lawsonman, on 30 October 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

People that own the I500's say they are not hollow.

Well...they're not completely hollow.

They're filled with air.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors