Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

BST for junior equipment

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99079
GolfWRX Likes : 2388

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:07 AM

I don't want my post in the TS3 thread to get lost in the shuffle, so I thought a dedicated thread would help.

I'm surprised there's no BST (Buy/Sell/Trade) sub-forum on this site for the folks that want to Buy/Sell/Trade junior clubs.

If you're on a desktop, you'll see that I have WAY too many BST Transactions in my Feedback (for my own clubs).  But, only (1) BST Transaction for junior items

You just don't see a bunch of Junior club posts on the regular BST forum.  Seems like each parent would be looking for a place to offload the clubs their kid(s) grow out of, and immediately get into a new set of junior clubs.

Rinse and repeat several times as they grow.

Just brainstorming here in an effort to make this a better site and/or forum.

Edit...I only mention clubs above, but the intent would be to create a spot for all junior equipment (clubs, bags, clothes, shoes, etc.).  Really, anything you can think of that's golf related that your kid(s) will grow out of (usually in a month or two).

Edited by jj9000, 31 August 2018 - 06:18 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 371

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:39 AM

Most junior clubs are in bad shape if the kids use them a lot. This is especially true if there are the lower end kids clubs. For around $200 you can buy most younger kids a set which is more then enough to start them off. I understand that can be a lot of money to a lot people but in the grand scheme of things it really isn’t that much if they are into playing golf or taking lessons.

It is not just kids clubs that get wear either I am surprised how much wear adult clubs get to with my kid.  When your hitting probaly a thousand balls a week they tend to look like it after not too long.

Also most people buying in trading posts want equipment that looks like new. I wouldn’t want to sell well worn golf gear on a forum and should be sold elsewhere. Instead I just trade them and take what they give me online or in a store.

Edited by tiger1873, 31 August 2018 - 07:13 AM.

#3 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• 2,230 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:24 AM

I understand your point, and I agree to some extent.

However, so long as you adequately describe the clubs for sale, as well as post pictures of the actual clubs, the market will decide if the price is worth the value, based on individual needs.

It's really the same logic used in the adult BST forum. Clubs that are well-worn are sold day-in day-out over there, as well as clubs that are like-new.

Price and value will dictate whether the junior clubs sell, or if they just sit there unsold.

#4 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2309

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:26 AM

This has been hashed out here before.  Personally, I see zero resale value un kids clubs.  Pass it forward and hand them down to a local organization or a kid that wants to try golf out.

#5 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:19 AM

As much as we go through clubs for our kids, I could see the need for having a junior golf board to by and sell stuff. I've got a couple of things that I would like to sell myself right now to help cover the cost of new stuff that I want to get. I agree with heavy that some of the stuff you can just pass it on to another junior but the nice stuff you could still sell.

#6 cubuffs

cubuffs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2942
  • Ebay ID:phillbre
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 31 August 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

This has been hashed out here before.  Personally, I see zero resale value un kids clubs.  Pass it forward and hand them down to a local organization or a kid that wants to try golf out.

We have passed all of our used sets onto kids in our neighborhood or kids at our club.  As kids get bigger and move into adult clubs (when the expense really starts to make sense) then a BST approach applies.

#7 SheriffBooth

SheriffBooth

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17355
  • Handicap:2.6
  • Ebay ID:yakima2k

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

I suppose we could maybe add a filter option for "Junior" items - I'll ask the powers that be - but there's certainly not enough demand to warrant an entire forum.  There's really only 2 or 3 listings a year in the BST involving kids equipment.
Taylormade M3, 9.5*, Rogue Silver 60 S
Callaway 816 16*, Rogue Silver I/O 70 S
Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage 80-hyb S
Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
Taylormade TP Collection Balboa

#8 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• 2,230 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostSheriffBooth, on 31 August 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

I suppose we could maybe add a filter option for "Junior" items - I'll ask the powers that be - but there's certainly not enough demand to warrant an entire forum.  There's really only 2 or 3 listings a year in the BST involving kids equipment.

Yeah...I agree with you regarding the Demand not warranting an entire forum...especially in comparison with the adult BST.

But, I suspect there are folks on here that either stash their kids clubs away, or, trade them in for pennies on the dollar.  I know I have US Kids Yard clubs, US Kids 48" set, US Kids 51" set, and countless putters just sitting in my garage unused b/c they were outgrown.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but, I'd much rather buy and sell from folks on this site than deal with eBay, or pay full price by buying brand-new gear (whether that be clubs/shafts/accessories/shoes/etc).

Just thinking out loud here.

#9 propredicr

propredicr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15190
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

View Postjj9000, on 31 August 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Yeah...I agree with you regarding the Demand not warranting an entire forum...especially in comparison with the adult BST.

But, I suspect there are folks on here that either stash their kids clubs away, or, trade them in for pennies on the dollar.  I know I have US Kids Yard clubs, US Kids 48" set, US Kids 51" set, and countless putters just sitting in my garage unused b/c they were outgrown.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but, I'd much rather buy and sell from folks on this site than deal with eBay, or pay full price by buying brand-new gear (whether that be clubs/shafts/accessories/shoes/etc).

I think for starter clubs (ages 4-11), there may be.  One kids hit 11, it seems most (at least in the arena we’re in) go to adult clubs.

All depends on the condition of the clubs and how much use.  I’ve been able to sell some and others, with more use, I just pay forward.

I’ve got a transitional set of US Kids TS3 60’s (9 irons/steel shafts) that my kid used all of 3 months, 90% on our finely manicured, private course.  Hell, even the shaft bands still look new.   I am going to sell those😝

#10 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• 2,230 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

View Postpropredicr, on 31 August 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

I've got a transitional set of US Kids TS3 60's (9 irons/steel shafts) that my kid used all of 3 months, 90% on our finely manicured, private course.  Hell, even the shaft bands still look new.   I am going to sell those��

This is a really good example of what I'm talking about.

(3) months of use...almost new gear...and looking to sell.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 371

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

View Postjj9000, on 31 August 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

When my kids first started I looked for used clubs and the problem is I couldn't find a good set that actually fit for sale when I needed them.  Usually doing a search on eBay would yield one or two sets that had sold in last few months but I never seen them there at the right time. The times I did see some the price was not worth it to me since for less then $50 difference I could buy a new set. I suppose  If I planned ahead I supposed I could find the next size up as they grew.  

The problem with golf is for kids the correct clubs are all over the map and the numbers are not really there other sports have less sizes and less equipment to buy.  As the kids get older I moved to buying adult clubs used because there were easier to source. Not that I am  looking at regular size adult clubs I can get a discount and just buy new ones and they last a while. Not only that the added trade in value of newer sets is about the same as buying used once you sell them club refurbishers who will buy your old clubs. The used clubs are what I buy now for myself instead.

Edited by tiger1873, 31 August 2018 - 01:42 PM.

#12 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• 2,230 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

View Posttiger1873, on 31 August 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

When my kids first started I looked for used clubs and the problem is I couldn't find a good set that actually fit for sale when I needed them.  Usually doing a search on eBay would yield one or two sets that had sold in last few months but I never seen them there at the right time. The times I did see some the price was not worth it to me since for less then $50 difference I could buy a new set. I suppose  If I planned ahead I supposed I could find the next size up as they grew.  

The problem with golf is for kids the correct clubs are all over the map and the numbers are not really there other sports have less sizes and less equipment to buy.  As the kids get older I moved to buying adult clubs used because there were easier to source. Not that I am  looking at regular size adult clubs I can get a discount and just buy new ones and they last a while. Not only that the added trade in value of newer sets is about the same as buying used once you sell them club refurbishers who will buy your old clubs. The used clubs are what I buy now for myself instead.

To put things into perspective, it's taken me since the time I posted this thread this morning, to right around noon to find and buy exactly what I was looking for my junior golfer.

I did this all via PM on WRX.

The Seller got rid of a set that was just sitting around, and I got what I needed at a fraction of what it would cost if I bought new.

The reason I bring this up is b/c if there was a centralized place to buy/sell junior gear, more Transactions like I cut this morning would happen.

Edited by jj9000, 31 August 2018 - 02:04 PM.

#13 propredicr

propredicr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

Decisions for junior golfers before they get to professionally fitted, adult clubs.  Buy brand new and use only 2-6 months (at most)  Or, find used at an appropriate price?

This has been my experience, multiple times.  My kid has been playing 6 years.  Never got more than 6 months out of a set.   One year, he grew through 3 sets and it wasn’t only due to height;  he got stronger and graphite was way to whippy.   I hope these new, Mizuno forged, get at least a couple years LOL

NEW-US Kids TS3 60” (9 irons)= $410 + shipping

USED- US Kids TS3 60” (9 irons)=$150 + shipping

$260 in difference can buy you 5 dozen tour balls OR,   A nice, used adult driver,  OR, a couple pair of nice BOA shoes, OR, a nice dinner out with the family.

See what I did there? 😝

Edited by propredicr, 31 August 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#14 propredicr

propredicr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

View Postjj9000, on 31 August 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

View Posttiger1873, on 31 August 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

To put things into perspective, it's taken me since the time I posted this thread this morning, to right around noon to find and buy exactly what I was looking for my junior golfer.

I did this all via PM on WRX.

The Seller got rid of a set that was just sitting around, and I got what I needed at a fraction of what it would cost if I bought new.

The reason I bring this up is b/c if there was a centralized place to buy/sell junior gear, more Transactions like I cut this morning would happen.

Exactly!  I had posted awhile back (last year) about a shaft my kid had just started using.  One of the members, reached out and asked a question of me.  I answered and he asked if I still had the shaft and wanted to sell.  

Boom, not only did we make transaction, but, I threw in a second shaft in next highest flex with adapter, because what the heck am I going to do with all my kids used gear???

#15 darter79

darter79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
GolfWRX Likes : 375

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:25 PM

I think it depends how you care for them. I’ve always been one to wash and clean clubs after every practice every round etc. recently sold two different sets of one clubs for about $150 each which is t a ton but it does offset buying new clubs a little bit.

#16 kekoa

kekoa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1919

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

How about those that play good stuff and take care of it?  Oh i need to sell about 20 nice golf shirts in sz. Small.  Would love to see a subforum to sell some stuff?

#17 Tannerbug33

Tannerbug33

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464346
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:37 PM

Me as well. Sometimes I would like to just try something and not have to buy new

#18 SheriffBooth

SheriffBooth

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,937 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

I've spoken with Management and we have added a filter for "Junior" items in the BST.  So now, if you post equipment for kids in the BST and flag it as "Junior" people should be able to search for your listing on that basis.  Hope this helps!

#19 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• 2,230 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Awesome!!

Thanks for following through.

I appreciate it!!

#20 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 1100

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Sheriff

Turn over damnit!
Krank 9*  Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 hangontight

hangontight

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
GolfWRX Likes : 294

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

So are there any rules that prohibit a member from posting in the junior equipment forum if they have something to sell ?

#22 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

Hang on. The way i read the sheriff is that a filter has been applied to recognize the word junior in a search. There is no new forum.
Turn over damnit!
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Betti-1
K-sig

#23 hangontight

hangontight

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
GolfWRX Likes : 294

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostBaitkiller, on 11 September 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Hang on. The way i read the sheriff is that a filter has been applied to recognize the word junior in a search. There is no new forum.

Right, but what I am asking is can we just post on this forum. For example - post a new thread "XYZ Junior Driver for sale - $1,000,000"?

#24 kekoa

kekoa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1919

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

If junior ads need to be posted in the main BST, it will just get lost in the shuffle.  It should really be a sub-forum.  Just my $.02

#25 SheriffBooth

SheriffBooth

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,937 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:47 PM

You post your junior equipment in the regular BST like normal, but when you are selecting the categories you can tag it as "Junior Equipment".  Then, other members can filter the BST results by listings that are tagged as "Junior Equipment" so that your listing should not get lost in the shuffle.

#26 leezer99

leezer99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 1026

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

Just a thought but maybe if you add something to BST for juniors add a new comment to this thread so it pops to the top.  At least that way you'll get a few parents that might go and check it out.

#27 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,888 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 532

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:39 AM

That would not be allowed as that would be promoting a bst Ad in non bst forums.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/If you have a general help question, post here:GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Share your referral code: http://ts.la/ryan7644
Tesla unlimited supercharging till Sept. 16, 2018 on new orders.

#28 leezer99

leezer99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 1026

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostGxgolfer, on 28 September 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

That would not be allowed as that would be promoting a bst Ad in non bst forums.

Doesn't even have to be a comment though... a simple * would at least trigger it.

#29 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:15 AM

There is some action there already and will soon be more when I can get time to take some pictures.
Turn over damnit!
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Betti-1
K-sig

#30 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:33 AM

The filter works very well. It was easy to place an add once I figured out how to shrink the photos. Just click on the Junior filter, click apply and you will only see related listings.

Turn over damnit!
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Betti-1
K-sig

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors