Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Lets talk trajectory

35 replies to this topic

#31 Shane Connolly

Shane Connolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30428
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

I hit a high draw naturally, but at the moment i'm hitting my irons incredibly high because the lofts on my Nike blades are very weak, so i am going to get them delofted by a few degrees. Personally i think it's better to hit the ball high, if you look at the pros the vast majority of them hit the ball very high and unless you play on a links a higher ballflight is easier to control.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 scottycam234

scottycam234

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40551

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

I like to play the ball low.  I try to really get my hands forward at contract so I can "compress" the ball.

#33 littleprov1x

littleprov1x

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1105
  • Ebay ID:kc28565
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:14 AM

Damn this thread is old. I remember it the first time! I hit a medium trajectory shot with a flat ball flight. Little cut or draw depending on what the shot calls for. Naturally draw the short irons and fade the long irons. I'm a big fan of the small cut.

#34 GOLF FTW

GOLF FTW

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33492
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

Well...

I had a high fade going, but now that i have switched the shafts in my irons from R300 (dynalite.. misfit), to a S400 (dynamite gold)..

swingspeed 107, dont ask my why i had dynalite

#35 cpyne

cpyne

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51684
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hit the ball way too high with the wedges, a full low wedge feels like its gonna take off my left ear...the rest of the clubs are good though, im able to hit the long irons high which is always nice

I used to have trouble hitting the driver because it was so high but I got one of the r7 quads and have been able to keep it nice and lower.

#36 elmaestro

elmaestro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51076

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

I have an extremely high penetrating ball flight with my irons, which personally i think looks nice. I've never seen anyone hit the ball as high as I do. I've learnt to be able to shape the ball quite well so i don't really have issues in wind either. There is one thing though, I hit my driver really low and have a really boring ball flight but don't lose any carry distance. Any explanation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors