Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Info on 2019 TaylorMade drivers?

108 replies to this topic

#31 bladehunter

bladehunter

I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 19046

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

View Postmrmikeac, on 31 August 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 31 August 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

View PostKaexo, on 30 August 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 30 August 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

View Postlordemsworth, on 29 August 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

Isn't the hammerhead technology their response to jailbreak?

if so they need to rethink it ... Rogue blows it away on off center ball speed..  i mean not even close

The only thing Rogue blows is Logan.

As far as the Rogue being head above heels better than the M3 or M4 on off center ball speeds unvaldiated. I've seen just as good of ball speed from the M3 and M4 on off center hits as I do with the Rogue Subzero, Epic, G400. All are the same.

Only validation I need for me was the 4 hours over two days of trackman data I produced testing the m3 m4 vs my m1.  Then m4 vs rogue and rogue sub zero.  Rogue whipped them all.  Especially m3 and subzero.

Just remember, just because you experienced better ball speeds with Rogue on off center hits does not mean that its the case for everyone.

The Rogue SZ is back in my bag, I love it, but I had an M3 440 prior to that and it blew my Rogue out of the water on off center hits and distance. Only reason I went back to the Rogue is because I hit more fairways with it.
So in my experience, the M3 440 is much faster off the face but just not as straight.

I’m talking rogue . Regular old rogue.  Subzero is right there with m3-m4 on off center hits.  

I get what you’re saying. But I don’t think it’s true this time. Rogue and G400 max are head and shoulders above TM this time in forgiveness .   You should give the rogue a try vs subzero.  Unless you just can’t get spin down any other way , you’re giving up some with subzero.  I’m a high speed high spin player who hits down on it.  And we found a combo of loft and shaft that took me to 2200 rpm average coming from 2800 average with a tour 17 m1 Head.  

Not dissing Tm.   I’m playing their putter and the 17 m1 is the best 3 wood I’ve ever owned.  But they have some ground to make up in my opinion on rogue in the Driver dept.

Edited by bladehunter, 01 September 2018 - 04:30 PM.

Nike TW Oven Vapor Speed Aldila Synergy 70TX
TM 17 M1 Tour 14.5*  Graphite Design ADDI 8X
TM M3 Tour  19* Fuji Pro white 95X
Titliest 681 proto 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Tour raw 54 60 M Modus 130S
GSS 009 1.5  Beached Tungsten weights
Bidgestone RXS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 d1bound

d1bound

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483272
  • Handicap:0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostStanks, on 01 September 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostRippin6Gears, on 31 August 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 31 August 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

Tiger hit a draw today... The club promotes both ball flights!!!

But seriously, what the hell else can they fix or change and put into the driver?

Platinum or 24k gold

Typical Seattle citizen answer haha. That's pretty funny. All I can imagine is Taylormade really working on aerodynamics the same as Ping and Callaway.

You have twist face, adjustable weights, adjustable lofts / lie angles, and some what of an answer to "Jail Break" tech with their "hammerhead" slot. I'm really at a loss for what can be worked on.
That's why they're the engineers 😉
G400 LST 8.5*/Accra Tour Z RPG 472 M5+
Callaway X2Hot 4(17*) Wood
MP-18 Fli-Hi 3/KBS 120 S
Srixon Z765 4-P/C-Taper 120 S
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52,56,60
Rife Antigua/Flat Cat

"When I die I'm going out as an underdog who never lost hope" - Joyner Lucas

#33 lordemsworth

lordemsworth

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208167
GolfWRX Likes : 237

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

It does lead to a good question.  TM ruled the metal woods roost for at least the last 10-12 years.  Checking with my local stores (big box chains), the big winners the last two years were Callaway and Ping.  

Do you guys think this is a temporary blip, or is TM in a bit of trouble - they definitely have to find some way to recapture mind-share.

#34 Always_rough

Always_rough

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 462022
GolfWRX Likes : 265

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:03 AM

View Postlordemsworth, on 01 September 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

It does lead to a good question.  TM ruled the metal woods roost for at least the last 10-12 years.  Checking with my local stores (big box chains), the big winners the last two years were Callaway and Ping.  

Do you guys think this is a temporary blip, or is TM in a bit of trouble - they definitely have to find some way to recapture mind-share.

The 2016 M1/M2 line was amazing. 2017 M1/M2 was also amazing, but the color scheme was funky, and no-one really had a need to switch. I personally feel like the M3/M4 hasn't done as well, but I think it's a temporary blip.

Personal anecdote, my 2018 M3 440 head has more spin on it than any titleist driver on the market. If next years driver still has the twist face tech, I'll probably go back to my Nike Vapor Fly Pro. Shouldn't have upgraded from the '17 M1 440, it was a monster.
Got 14 daggum golf clubs, but none of 'em hit the ball straight.

(1W) M3 440
(3W) 917 F3
(3i)    MP-18 fli hi
(4i-PW)    JPX 900 Tour
(52, 56, 60) SM6
Oven B1-01

#35 Lancj1

Lancj1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378618
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:Lancj1
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:06 AM

View Postjaffabell, on 31 August 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

View PostHappyGilmore22, on 30 August 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

Hopefully they get rid of the twist face. Tiger basically proved that to be total crap.
Tiger doesn't miss the centre of the face, his face to path is just off now and again. Twist face is meant to help on off centre hits (rubbish).

To be honest despite all the noise it seemed legit to me. Gear effect is acknowledged as being necessary, so a bit more gear effect cant be a bad thing. Trouble is people expected yards rather than inches in correction. It might be those odd occasions you find yourself in the semi rough, rather than long grass, when TF has done its thing ?

Disclaimer*

I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.

#36 JonnyKrasnodar

JonnyKrasnodar

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440224
GolfWRX Likes : 960

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostLancj1, on 02 September 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

Hopefully they get rid of the twist face. Tiger basically proved that to be total crap.
Tiger doesn't miss the centre of the face, his face to path is just off now and again. Twist face is meant to help on off centre hits (rubbish).

To be honest despite all the noise it seemed legit to me. Gear effect is acknowledged as being necessary, so a bit more gear effect cant be a bad thing. Trouble is people expected yards rather than inches in correction. It might be those odd occasions you find yourself in the semi rough, rather than long grass, when TF has done its thing ?

I posted similar observations in the other TM thread. For whatever reason, the M3/4 range has been a massive flop for TM.

I believe there IS something to Twistface though. I hate the looks of the M4 but I game it because the dispersion is so tight it's untrue. Fractionally shorter on course than my old 17 M2 however but it's hard not to hit it straight.

I've noticed on the odd mishit the ball is still in play when I'm expecting it to be death. Trouble is it's hard to trust for lots of players, especially those with much higher SS. If a club does something you're not expecting it puts you off. The vast majority of players I know didn't test it on course so they couldn't quantify the results or visualise what this bizarre ball flight would actually mean.

I tested it over three rounds and the first mishit I'd thrown the club thinking that's three off the tee but the flight changed and it held on. Playing partners were puzzled, I couldn't explain it. So there is "something" to it but because it's not really measurable and involves taking a risk nobody is interested.

If it was dead straight everytime in dry ball testing or the vaunted "20 yards further" people would be all over it. The fact that the average Joe has to admit they don't hit it as well as they believe to accept it works isn't good marketing. It's not a positive that sells.

It'll get dropped this year I'd imagine same way Cobra did because it's not sexy, it's hard to measure and staying in play vs outdriving your mate is not something folk will ever pay for.

After that ramble point is I think it "works" but not in a way that sells units.

#37 ShortGameJunkie

ShortGameJunkie

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496816
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostJonnyKrasnodar, on 03 September 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I posted similar observations in the other TM thread. For whatever reason, the M3/4 range has been a massive flop for TM.

I believe there IS something to Twistface though. I hate the looks of the M4 but I game it because the dispersion is so tight it's untrue. Fractionally shorter on course than my old 17 M2 however but it's hard not to hit it straight.

I've noticed on the odd mishit the ball is still in play when I'm expecting it to be death. Trouble is it's hard to trust for lots of players, especially those with much higher SS. If a club does something you're not expecting it puts you off. The vast majority of players I know didn't test it on course so they couldn't quantify the results or visualise what this bizarre ball flight would actually mean.

I tested it over three rounds and the first mishit I'd thrown the club thinking that's three off the tee but the flight changed and it held on. Playing partners were puzzled, I couldn't explain it. So there is "something" to it but because it's not really measurable and involves taking a risk nobody is interested.

If it was dead straight everytime in dry ball testing or the vaunted "20 yards further" people would be all over it. The fact that the average Joe has to admit they don't hit it as well as they believe to accept it works isn't good marketing. It's not a positive that sells.

It'll get dropped this year I'd imagine same way Cobra did because it's not sexy, it's hard to measure and staying in play vs outdriving your mate is not something folk will ever pay for.

After that ramble point is I think it "works" but not in a way that sells units.

Almost positive cobra still has the “twistface” tech on the drivers, they just don’t market it
Driver: 2016 M2 10.5* Fukijura pro 60 S

3wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 15* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S

3 hybrid: Ping G 19* Alta 70 S

4i: Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal C-Taper Lite S

5-GW: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged C-Taper Lite S

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54* & 60*

Putter: 2018 Newport 34”

#38 eebomb

eebomb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89107
GolfWRX Likes : 215

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:04 PM

View PostNew Edge, on 29 August 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

More traditional pear shape, black crown, minimal alignment aids, feel of a r5/r7 tp. Please
No thanks

#39 cardoustie

cardoustie

haha, we don't play for 5's

• Advanced Members
  • 10,276 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65255
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 7421

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:36 PM

I find the m4 stupid straight as well
Ping G400 LST 10.6* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 55x
Ping G400 3w 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65s
Callaway GBB 5w 18* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
Callaway Apex 3h 20* Matrix MFS 85x
Callaway Apex 4h 25* Matrix Altus Red 92x
Ping Rapture J Spec 5i Altus
Ping s55 6 - PW Nippon 1150x
Callaway Forged Copper 50*
Vokey SM6 Brushed Cu 54*M & 58*M  
Piretti Matera Elite

#40 pmang

pmang

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13466
  • Ebay ID:pmangd
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

I tested the M4 today against the new Titleist TS series drivers. I was blown away by the straight flight and distance. My carry was easily 15 yards farther with the M4. I used the Tensei white in stiff flex. I know my Ping G400 Max might get the boot!!

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60 S
Ping G400 3 & 5 Fairway Alta CB65 S
Ping G400 4 Hybrid 22* Alta CB70 S
Ping i210 5-PW AWT 2.0 S
Ping Glide 2.0 50* SS Grind
Ping Glide 2.0 54* SS Grind
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 58* SS Grind
Odyssey Works Versa #7H 34"

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 Stanks

Stanks

Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 266

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:05 PM

View Postpmang, on 03 September 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

I tested the M4 today against the new Titleist TS series drivers. I was blown away by the straight flight and distance. My carry was easily 15 yards farther with the M4. I used the Tensei white in stiff flex. I know my Ping G400 Max might get the boot!!

I'm gonna go ahead and say it was your swing / strike and not the driver. But, whatever floats ya boat!
Ping LST 400 10* / Ping Tour 80G X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 / C-Taper Lite S
Callaway MD3 46*
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 55*
Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
Golf Pride Z-Cord Grips + 1 Wrap all around
2012 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (PutterSpa by J-Rich Finish)

#42 pmang

pmang

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13466
  • Ebay ID:pmangd
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:11 PM

It was completely the driver. The M4 clearly was a better fit for me out of the two. Like all equipment nowadays, if it's a better fit, it performs better. It's all great equipment if it fits YOUR swing. No matter what brand it is it can be fit optimally for your swing and everybody here knows that.
Ping G400 Max 10.5* Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60 S
Ping G400 3 & 5 Fairway Alta CB65 S
Ping G400 4 Hybrid 22* Alta CB70 S
Ping i210 5-PW AWT 2.0 S
Ping Glide 2.0 50* SS Grind
Ping Glide 2.0 54* SS Grind
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 58* SS Grind
Odyssey Works Versa #7H 34"

#43 JonnyKrasnodar

JonnyKrasnodar

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440224
GolfWRX Likes : 960

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:04 AM

View PostShortGameJunkie, on 03 September 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostJonnyKrasnodar, on 03 September 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Almost positive cobra still has the “twistface” tech on the drivers, they just don’t market it

Possibly, which is my point. It didn't sell five years ago and it won't sell now. Tell people what they want to hear. That's the road to massive sales.

#44 MG 1977

MG 1977

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42445
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:07 AM

I had similar results to Bladehunter. I went to my local AG store on saturday morning. I had a g400 max but hated the sound so it had to go. Having had an M4 earlier this season and liking the looks and sound I decided I was going back to get another. The only reason I sold my M4 was that low strikes on the face felt horrendous and didn't perform at all for me. I asked to try the M4, M3, Cobra F8 and the Rogue. I dont hit demo drivers as i want to buy the one i hit so i asked him to grab each off the rack 10.5° with the stock stiff shaft and tape the faces up on them. I hit the M4, M3 and Cobra all very similar. Good strikes getting out to around 255 yards carry. I'd decided on the M4 due to price and performance was as good as the others... I then remembered id not hit the Rogue. First swing with it carry was 272 yards which was the best of the session. I'd had a 267 with the M4. The next couple of swings were high 260s and low 270s again. Then i hit one right out of the bottom, it felt like a total miss hit really low on the face. Carry was mid 250s which was up with the good strikes of the cobra and M drivers. At this point I tried the M4 again and was getting high 250s to mid 260s with it. I'd decided I preferred the looks of the M4 over the Rogue and it was £100 cheaper so i was willing to sacrifice a few yards... but then I picked the Rogue up again, First one went 279 carry, next 276, next 277... low mishit 256... I had to bite the bullet and buy the Rogue. It's the best performing driver I've ever hit. I've struggled with Callaway drivers for a while as i found them to be hook machines. I played in the comp an hour after buying the Rogue and shot -1. I hit 9 out of 13 fairways with it. The few misses were first cut with only one finding the long stuff.

#45 tcutshaw1723

tcutshaw1723

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 390922
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:tj_cutshaw
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

sorry for being off topic from the OP but what shaft did you put in your Rogue. I am a high speed high spin player as well and I have the rogue sz with a gd tour ad tp. I'd like to get the spin to around 2200 if possible

LH Callaway Rogue SZ Graphite Design t-ad tp 6x
LH Ping G stretch Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
LH Srixon U65 18 def DG x100
LH Mizuno MP 25 4-pw DG x100
LH 50, 54,  vokey sm5 black
LH Callaway MD3 58 black
LH Scotty GoLo5 putter, waiting on my Cushman Custom to arrive
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf

Cru desinged custom headcovers

#46 FmaxTurboSi

FmaxTurboSi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479416
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

I wonder if TM will come out with crazy yellow/green colors like Cobra and Callaway are doing.
Ping G400 LST 10* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 Testing:Srixon z785 9* Tensei PO 70tx and Ping G400max 9* Tensei PO 70tx
TM M3HL Tensei PO 80tx
X-forged 4-P   C-taper 125 S+
MD4 raw 50*s-grind, 56*c-grind   KBS 610 wedge 125g
TM Hi-toe 60* $-taper black 120
Evnroll ER2
Bennington QO9 Lite
Bridgestone Tour BRX, Srixon Z star XV

Backup:  Srixon z565 4-aw   Modus Tour 105, Callaway Rogue 4w Hzrdus Yellow 6.5

#47 moorebaseball

moorebaseball

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 515356
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostFmaxTurboSi, on 12 November 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

I wonder if TM will come out with crazy yellow/green colors like Cobra and Callaway are doing.

I sure hope not. That color scheme is a deal breaker for me no matter if I carry the ball 5-10 yards further. Terrible color scheme in my mind by Callaway. At least Cobra is offering the Avalanche White which looks sexy. Maybe Callaway will offer another color scheme as well. One can dream!

#48 youngwaldo

youngwaldo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8465
GolfWRX Likes : 379

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

I would like to the same driver with an all black crown and the TP LOGO out on the crown toe.   Yeah baby.

Wk

Edited by youngwaldo, 13 November 2018 - 12:42 PM.

WOODS  TBD
IRONS   TBD
VOKEY SM6 Black 4608M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
VOKEY SM6 Black 5208M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
VOKEY SM6 Black 5608M  TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
VOKEY SM6 Black 6008M TTDG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx
Cameron & Crown Newport
ProV1x

#49 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • 28,546 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 3970

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

View Postyoungwaldo, on 13 November 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

I would like to the same driver with an all black crown and the TP LOGO out on the crown toe.   Yeah baby.

Wk

I miss the old TP logo...

#50 Farrow

Farrow

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153549
GolfWRX Likes : 260

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:12 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 13 November 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

Wk

You would think they’d bring it back sooner or later. Here’s to hoping it’s this year!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • 28,546 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 3970

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:23 AM

View PostFarrow, on 13 November 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 13 November 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

Wk

You would think they’d bring it back sooner or later. Here’s to hoping it’s this year!

I heard rumors that the TP logo is dead.  Evidently, the new brass at TM do not like it...

#52 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1735

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostGolf64, on 30 August 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostRippin6Gears, on 29 August 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Pretty sure it will have a twistier face
Twistier face that goes 17 yards longer?!

rocket twist.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

#53 Hookasaurus Rex

Hookasaurus Rex

Purveyor of fine turf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214763
  • Ebay ID:hokiegrass
GolfWRX Likes : 218

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

I'm looking forward to see what the TM driver line up looks like this season.  I seem to get along with their drivers.  However, they haven't improved on the m2 yet, imo.  Both the 2016 m2 and 2017 m2 still rule the roost for me, with the 2016 being slightly better.  I have 2016 and 2017 tour issue heads that I rotate in the bag.  Honestly not sure I'll make a change this season either, unless they are big time.  I did own a g400 max and g400 LST this season, but they couldn't unseat the m2s.  I really like the g400 lst- it's right in there with the m2s-  so I still have it.  The max didn't impress me as much.  For me, maybe it was a touch more forgiving, but was shorter than the others, due to higher spin....

Edited by Hookasaurus Rex, 14 November 2018 - 01:03 PM.

Tour Issue 2017 M2 9.5 Fujikura 661 Evolution ii
TEE Exotics E8 beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
Titleist 913h 19*  Aldila Tour Green 85hs
Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-GW Nippon Modus 3 105x
Cobra King Black 54*, 58* Modus Wedge 115
Taylormade Spider Limited Red

#54 bbchunk

bbchunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510632
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 14 November 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

View PostGolf64, on 30 August 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostRippin6Gears, on 29 August 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Pretty sure it will have a twistier face
Twistier face that goes 17 yards longer?!

rocket twist.

Well that’s a lot better than twist ballz

#55 SirHoselRocket

SirHoselRocket

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59870
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

2016 M2 driver and fairway were the best clubs they have made. Low spin. Set up perfect. Wish I still had mine.

#56 TaylorMadeLuv

TaylorMadeLuv

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175538
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:50 AM

View Postlordemsworth, on 01 September 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Big box stores all removing Callaway #1 driver signage...
New Bag in the making...

#57 BiggErn

BiggErn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:33 AM

View PostSirHoselRocket, on 14 November 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

2016 M2 driver and fairway were the best clubs they have made. Low spin. Set up perfect. Wish I still had mine.

I’m still playing my 2016 M2 driver. I’ve debated on giving the G400 max a whirl but haven’t yet. I have a buddy that is a touch longer than me and he hit some pretty drives with his 2016 M1. He has a Rogue now and I’m right there with him or past him a fair amount of the time. I told him he needs to go back to the old M1.

#58 EHolm

EHolm

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446786
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:12 PM

No info on name yet. But on our preorder form for TM there is Family 1 460, Family 1 440 and Family 2 drivers. Both with woods, hybrids and irons. Also new spiders coming.

TM playing it real close to the vest this year, last year they at least put up the names M3/M4 in the forms
PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
Odyssey Lucky 777 SB

#59 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:19 PM

Whatever TM does do, they need to do something big because I just could not get M4 woods or driver to be as fast as Rogue. I'll admit, I liked the sound/feel better... but a few hits that I pumped with M4, just did not have the speeds that Rogue was getting me.

Now that they are owned by a different company, I really wonder the direction they'll be taking over the next 2-5 years. With companies like Cobra, Srixon and even Mizuno releasing really good offerings, they have their work cut out. It may not be enough to just toss millions of dollars at PR and marketing and hope people buy in.
WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - TBD
SW - MD4 54/12W S200
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10 AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Chrome Soft X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

#60 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 16 November 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

View PostSirHoselRocket, on 14 November 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

I’m still playing my 2016 M2 driver. I’ve debated on giving the G400 max a whirl but haven’t yet. I have a buddy that is a touch longer than me and he hit some pretty drives with his 2016 M1. He has a Rogue now and I’m right there with him or past him a fair amount of the time. I told him he needs to go back to the old M1.
M2 may go down as one of the best of its era but as a prior M2 owner I can tell you 100% that newer offerings are better on miss hits. If you hit center or at least high toe all the time, don't bother switching. But if you have any low hits or anything even >2mm heel of center... look into new stuff. The Srixon 785 blows the M2 away on ball speeds below the center line, so did G400.

WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - TBD
SW - MD4 54/12W S200
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10 AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Chrome Soft X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors