Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

A high handicap, slow swing speed golfers observations on golf balls.

30 replies to this topic

#31 Dueller

Dueller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456898
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:47 PM

View PostJersey golfer, on 25 September 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostDueller, on 17 September 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

I got caught up in buying the premium balls for years until I went and got a full bag fitting after solid hours spent with my fitter on the sim. I'm a 13 cap and found I am a naturally high spin player.

I've played all the big name tour level offerings and couldn't really settle on anything I was happy to keep spending the money on. I picked up a dozen stock as a rock Q Star's on special one day after spinning my last handful of Pro V's off the planet and my game has improved as well as my bank account.

The Q stars feel great off the putter, give predictable release off the wedge on pitch shots and can hop and stop on the best full wedge & iron shots a recreational player like me can muster. There is no remarkable distance off the driver but I'm more often in play on a bad swipe and if they do go astray it's a cheap lesson. My distances off all clubs are also more consistent and dare I say it reliable.

For someone like me I don't need the extra rpm or the ability to zip the ball back onto a pin because my ability and game style don't need it.

People go to the effort to get fit for clubs but I'm also an advocate for getting a ball fitting done as well as it would have saved me a heap of cash. Something extra to talk about with the fitter when we are all whacking away at the screen with the shop supply of brand balls maybe not the same as in your bag. Better yet bring your ball to the fitting and get two fittings for the price of one. Long live the Q Star.

Which Q Star did you go with?

I went with the standard Q star 2 piece. I tried the AD333 Tour and it performed pretty much the same maybe slightly better check on pitch shots. I'm chipping a lot with my 9 iron now so I'm use too the q star roll out.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 8.4*, VTS silver S
Fairway 5: Ping G400 17*, VTS silver S
Hybrid 4: Ping G400 22*, VTS silver S
Irons 5-PW: Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 50, 54, 58 V-MG TT DG s200, Callaway MD PM Grind 60* KBS Tour V
Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Fetch
Bag/ Buggy: Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold
Ball: Q Star Tour

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors