Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Skycaddie GPS watch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Viktoryred3

Viktoryred3

Consistently Inconsistent

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492022
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:Viktoryred3
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:40 AM

Hey, maybe one of you can help me with this. I purchased a skycaddie gps watch in the spring and I loved the simplicity of it. I was able to create an account on skycaddies website and register the watch to my account. There are a few subscriptions you can choose when signing up such a free (uses gps with preloaded courses), or a 20$ annual option that throws in other perks( didn’t appeal to me). I chose the free option and had no problem with using the gps on course until after 30 days, it told me to re-register my watch. Upon trying to do so, I seen that my account and watch were registered until 2021, but it required me to install caddiesync application on my computer (which is some way to sync your watch to computer?) only to find out that the application only runs off Mac OS. I on the other hand own a chromebook and downloading this caddiesync app simply does not work, making the gps option unusable. Has anyone else ran into this before, or was I simply too naive when purchasing the watch and should’ve seen if they listed compatibility issues? The customer service from skycaddie was pretty bad at providing me assistance, so that’s why I posted here....I guess if there is no quick solution, there will be a skycaddie gps watch hitting the BST forum lol.

Also, could you guys give me some suggestions on a simple front middle back reading gps watch? Versions from a few years ago will suffice, as I don’t use many of the extra amenities some of these newer watches provide.

Thanks for any insight

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Beewhen

Beewhen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416512
  • Ebay ID:Soonerwooter
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

I sold my sky caddie watch - battery life was horrible.  I have a Mac so never had an issue.

#3 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:46 AM

Longtime sky caddie user.  Currently using linx gt watch.  There is a windows option for the caddiesync app on the sky golf website (I use a mac).  I did not see anything for Chromebook.  I really like the watch and use it every round.  On a full charge I can get 36 holes.  Just using as a watch I get 7-10 days on a charge.  I have actually always gotten very good service when I call support.  Text chats typically have gotten referred to a higher level so now I just call unless its something simple like I need to replace a GPS tag.

#4 ddm1106

ddm1106

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57356
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:02 PM

Most of the SkyCaddie watches have Bluetooth and can sync with the SkyGolf 360 app if you have a android or iPhone.  If you bought the model without Bluetooth, you could see about using a friends computer.

#5 stras2000

stras2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417864

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

After a few months, good luck getting18 holes before it shuts off. I have the tour edition and I canít use the smart tag/shot tracking because of the battery life. I have to shut off the Bluetooth to save the battery. DONT BUY THIS WATCH

#6 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:52 AM

View Poststras2000, on 06 October 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

After a few months, good luck getting18 holes before it shuts off. I have the tour edition and I can't use the smart tag/shot tracking because of the battery life. I have to shut off the Bluetooth to save the battery. DONT BUY THIS WATCH
Have you called Skycaddie.  Their service has been great and I have had several of their products all the way back to the SG3.  My watch is over a year old and a full 18 with tagging uses 40% of the battery.  Give them a call that will take care of you.  I always find courtesy and patience when talking with CSR's gets me better service.  Good Luck.

#7 stras2000

stras2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417864

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:22 AM

View Postsirparalot, on 10 October 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

View Poststras2000, on 06 October 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

After a few months, good luck getting18 holes before it shuts off. I have the tour edition and I can't use the smart tag/shot tracking because of the battery life. I have to shut off the Bluetooth to save the battery. DONT BUY THIS WATCH
Have you called Skycaddie.  Their service has been great and I have had several of their products all the way back to the SG3.  My watch is over a year old and a full 18 with tagging uses 40% of the battery.  Give them a call that will take care of you.  I always find courtesy and patience when talking with CSR's gets me better service.  Good Luck.

Thanks for the response. I tried to get in touch with them. The watch has a battery that cant be replaced. I'll try again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors