Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Yellow Pro V1's!!!

102 replies to this topic

#31 thejuice

thejuice

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2000
GolfWRX Likes : 620

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:17 AM

View Posttbowles411, on 13 August 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

I guess the money they were losing to Srixon and Callaway finally motivated them to get it right, regardless of the pro play.

^^This^^ plus the growing number of people buying balls like Vice and Snell in different colors.  Y'all thought Titleist wasn't listening, but they were.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Chowdah86

Chowdah86

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499000
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:51 AM

View PostRory4Pres, on 13 August 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

One must ask, WHY NOW?!  For years and years, the market has asked for them in yellow.  Titleist rejected the request.  Now that they've lost a huge market share, they finally cave and offer it.

I can't tell if they are shaking things up or are desperate.

I've noticed that Titleist has released products that are a little less conservative since their IPO in 2016.  DT True Soft.  AVX.  Tour Soft.  TS2 with its attempt at looking sexy.  I think in the next couple of years we are going to see them get a little more flashy.  I predict their 2021 driver has some kind of color or edgy graphic/aesthetic that completely departs from their classic old look.  Ill bet they'll expand on the red accent that they have in their color pallet.  Or maybe they'll go the whole matte murdered out look.  Composite crowns and reinforcement bars are soon to come.  I just think there will be increasing number of gimmicks across the entire offering.

Edited by Chowdah86, 14 August 2018 - 07:55 AM.

#33 thejuice

thejuice

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2000
GolfWRX Likes : 620

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostChowdah86, on 14 August 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

One must ask, WHY NOW?!  For years and years, the market has asked for them in yellow.  Titleist rejected the request.  Now that they've lost a huge market share, they finally cave and offer it.

I've noticed that Titleist has released products that are a little less conservative since their IPO in 2016.  DT True Soft.  AVX.  Tour Soft.  TS2 with its attempt at looking sexy.  I think in the next couple of years we are going to see them get a little more flashy.  I predict their 2021 driver has some kind of color or edgy graphic/aesthetic that completely departs from their classic old look.  Ill bet they'll expand on the red accent that they have in their color pallet.  Or maybe they'll go the whole matte murdered out look.  Composite crowns and reinforcement bars are soon to come.  I just think there will be increasing number of gimmicks across the entire offering.

I totally disagree.  While their club sales aren't great, they aren't at the bottom of the heap of club sales and will do well to remain the club line for the old farts and "traditionalists" that claim everything else is gimmicky and flashy.  There is a market for their plain Jane look, just like there's a market for the flashy style of Cobra.
TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

#34 RRH

RRH

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136851
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:28 AM

View Postthejuice, on 14 August 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

I totally disagree.  While their club sales aren't great, they aren't at the bottom of the heap of club sales and will do well to remain the club line for the old farts and "traditionalists" that claim everything else is gimmicky and flashy.  There is a market for their plain Jane look, just like there's a market for the flashy style of Cobra.

I'm 26 and I love Titleist looks. Vokeys look awesome and you can get multiple finishes. The drivers and woods are just nice and black. They don't age very much and that's nice if you like to keep equipment for long periods. And their irons are always just classy. I don't see their equipment as old farty in the slightest.

#35 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6977

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

From the time I first took up the game I've somehow thought of Titleist equipment and looking and feeling exactly the way golf clubs ought to look and feel. It is a source of eternal frustration that Ping irons and, on occasion, Ping or Taylormade drivers seem to always work so much better for my game. I ignored it for years and years but finally in 2011 I just "sold out" and went with the whatever clubs best suit my weak, hacker's swing.

Still love me some Vokey's and the only ball I've ever found that's better for my game than the redoubtable ProV1x is the new AVX.

P.S. Don't get me started on Cameron putters...the most un-Titleist-like products in Titleist's lineup. They have evolved into the exact OPPOSITE of what I think a putter ought to look and feel like.

Edited by North Butte, 14 August 2018 - 11:36 AM.

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#36 wrmiller

wrmiller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100475
GolfWRX Likes : 657

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:56 PM

View PostRRH, on 14 August 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'm 26 and I love Titleist looks. Vokeys look awesome and you can get multiple finishes. The drivers and woods are just nice and black. They don't age very much and that's nice if you like to keep equipment for long periods. And their irons are always just classy. I don't see their equipment as old farty in the slightest.

Some folks like classic stuff, others like gaudy/flashy stuff. It's been that way for as long as humans have been around. Different people appreciate different things.

And then there are those who try to put people down because they disapprove of what you say or do. Elementary playground mentality, or something. Play what you want, and ignore those who disapprove. I do. :)

That and there are people out there with swings bad enough that they couldn't play a Titleist club very well anyway.

For the record, I own three sets of Titleist irons, and three sets of Pings. And I play them all. :D
Primary bag:
Titleist 913 D3 8.5
Titleist 915Fd 13.5
Titleist 913h 17
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
Ping G400 9
Ping G30 fw 13
Ping G30 hybrid 19
Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

#37 RRH

RRH

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136851
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

View Postwrmiller, on 14 August 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

View PostRRH, on 14 August 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Some folks like classic stuff, others like gaudy/flashy stuff. It's been that way for as long as humans have been around. Different people appreciate different things.

And then there are those who try to put people down because they disapprove of what you say or do. Elementary playground mentality, or something. Play what you want, and ignore those who disapprove. I do. :)

That and there are people out there with swings bad enough that they couldn't play a Titleist club very well anyway.

For the record, I own three sets of Titleist irons, and three sets of Pings. And I play them all. :D

Yeah I have no brand loyalty tbh. I like Titleist wedges and irons, but I feel there are better offerings for drivers. And I use a Taylor made putter with a Mizuno driving iron lol. All over the place.

#38 justasgood

justasgood

Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1846

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

AVX/Bridgestone dimple depth/style

#39 monks66

monks66

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465294
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

will the yellow have the same cast urethane cover?  coloring cast urethane isnt the easiest...per Dean Snell

#40 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

View Postjustasgood, on 14 August 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

You know you are talking about an MGS Photoshop job, not an actual ProV1, right?

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 RSinSG

RSinSG

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,730 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 300931
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2099

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hmmmm. I wonder if the KSigs will offer a yellow ball when they make a comeback? That will cause that thread to double in size.

The ProV in yellow isn't a huge surprise since the AVX came out. I'm for sure going to give them a try.
Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
Ping G30 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
Ping Glide 60* LW
Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or) Scotty Cameron Fastback
Gamegolf

https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

#42 noodle3872

noodle3872

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:Noodle3872
GolfWRX Likes : 907

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:22 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 14 August 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

You know you are talking about an MGS Photoshop job, not an actual ProV1, right?

Why don’t you tell him there is no Santa Claus too while you’re at it! I kid, I kid! Still, I can’t believe how many people were fooled by the photoshop job they did for the article.
Taylormade 2018 M4 9.5° driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 15° fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
Mizuno MP-18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 105 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Futura 5M H17
Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
Titleist Pro V1

#43 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

View Postnoodle3872, on 14 August 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostNorth Butte, on 14 August 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Why don’t you tell him there is no Santa Claus too while you’re at it! I kid, I kid! Still, I can’t believe how many people were fooled by the photoshop job they did for the article.

There’s a reason sites like that exist. Like the National Enquirer (are they even still around?).

Edited by North Butte, 14 August 2018 - 07:46 PM.

#44 Pingfitz

Pingfitz

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104483
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

Desperate is when the price point drops... could it be far off?

#45 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostPingfitz, on 14 August 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Desperate is when the price point drops... could it be far off?

Good grief, man. Just go on eBay and buy you some ProV1’s. My last dozen cost me 30 bucks BNIB.

#46 Lancj1

Lancj1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378618
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:Lancj1
GolfWRX Likes : 479

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:01 AM

View Postcardoustie, on 13 August 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

I'd try it for sure

I played with a yellow and black Callaway Tervis ball ystdy for three holes and liked the visibility

Didn't like it when putting though, seizure inducing when rolling

Absolutely agree with the visibility - airplanes started circling - didn't like the feel off the putter. I found it quite "dead". Loved everything else
Disclaimer*

I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.

#47 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
GolfWRX Likes : 413

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:59 AM

View PostHot Rod 71, on 13 August 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

The Apocalypse is upon us.....

Only when the Gamersoft comes out in yellow.

#48 spartanglfr

spartanglfr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52836
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:04 AM

View Postmonks66, on 14 August 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

will the yellow have the same cast urethane cover?  coloring cast urethane isnt the easiest...per Dean Snell

Snell also said here (in the Snell thread, before he came out with a yellow Snell) that there was insufficient demand for yellow balls and yellow balls weren't on his radar. He has been a valuable asset to our community and has contributed a lot of info for us and is certainly very knowledgeable about golf balls.  But his position on the demand for yellow as an option for tour grade balls was off.  BTW, I like the MTB black.....and wish it was available in yellow ;-)

Edited by spartanglfr, 15 August 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#49 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:16 AM

The AVX has a cast thermoset urethane cover and is available in yellow.

The ProV1 and ProV1x are also cast thermoset urethane and the yellow versions will undoubtedly be, as well.

The difficulty of obtaining an acceptable yellow color for a cast urethane ball is probably more of an impediment to a producer of low-cost direct to consumer balls selling for $2/ball than to a company charging upward of $4/ball at retail. Wouldn't you think?

#50 enickma

enickma

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25555
  • Ebay ID:gotnick
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

The answer to any and all questions is money

Edited by enickma, 15 August 2018 - 12:19 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 BiggErn

BiggErn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 894

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

View Postdan360, on 13 August 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Marketing genius.   Wonder if they'll perform different?

They will be a new game changer.....for the Titleist fans

#52 noodle3872

noodle3872

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:Noodle3872
GolfWRX Likes : 907

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

View PostBiggErn, on 15 August 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

BiggErn, if all you are going to contribute to Titleist ball topics is sarcasm and naysaying, please don’t post.
Taylormade 2018 M4 9.5° driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 15° fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
Taylormade 2017 M2 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
Mizuno MP-18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 105 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Futura 5M H17
Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
Titleist Pro V1

#53 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 817

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

Already have 20 dozen z star yellows 😂🙈

#54 BiggErn

BiggErn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 894

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

View Postnoodle3872, on 15 August 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 15 August 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

BiggErn, if all you are going to contribute to Titleist ball topics is sarcasm and naysaying, please don’t post.

Lol ok. It will be like a white ProV1(x)......only yellow

#55 Pulledabill

Pulledabill

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478786
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

Sad day!!

#56 Pulledabill

Pulledabill

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478786
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

Sad day!!

#57 jameshay

jameshay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468134
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:32 AM

this thread is wild.

Each to their own and all, and i can understand why somebody would use a tru-vis, even the yellow and black/dark green one but i will never get my head around adults using yellow golf balls.

#58 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
GolfWRX Likes : 413

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:21 AM

View Postjameshay, on 16 August 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

this thread is wild.

Each to their own and all, and i can understand why somebody would use a tru-vis, even the yellow and black/dark green one but i will never get my head around adults using yellow golf balls.

Wow, I am almost 60 yo and have always loved yellow balls, especially as I age. They're easier to see. Some have said, red balls stands out well. I still don't get it. So, to each their own.

I will be curious to know what will be the comparison between Snell Yellow Red and Pro V Yellow - should be interesting.

Edited by Tanner25, 16 August 2018 - 06:24 AM.

#59 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:28 AM

this thread is wild.

This will really blow your Glaswegian mind then...

In my usual fourball, two of us use yellow balls while the other two use white. Not only that, one of us play from a longer set of tees than the other three. But we’re all playing in the same game!!!

Oh The Humanity!

Edited by North Butte, 16 August 2018 - 06:31 AM.

#60 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
GolfWRX Likes : 8434

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:29 AM

View PostTanner25, on 16 August 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

this thread is wild.

Wow, I am almost 60 yo and have always loved yellow balls, especially as I age. They're easier to see. Some have said, red balls stands out well. I still don't get it. So, to each their own.

I will be curious to know what will be the comparison between Snell Yellow Red and Pro V Yellow - should be interesting.

I'll be torn on that question. I like the Snell yellow Red just as much as the Pro V. And I like the price a lot better. But I might be willing to pay the extra if they offer the 4 for 3 deal where I can personalize and pick my number. The number deal is a big one for me, and so far, Titleist is the only one I've found with that option.

Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors