Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TW after PGA


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Naptime

Naptime

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504866
  • Joined: 06/16/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:57 PM

Nice to see TW back in the mix. Just needs more work on the driver. Probably the best score recorded versus fewest fairways hit. Looking forward to the playoff season.  Congrats to BK.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 11765

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

Really?  I guess you win first post-PGA unnecessary Tiger thread. LOL.

2

#3 chippa13

chippa13

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394742
  • Joined: 09/04/2015
  • Location:NH
GolfWRX Likes : 1615

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:02 PM

View PostNaptime, on 12 August 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

Nice to see TW back in the mix. Just needs more work on the driver. Probably the best score recorded versus fewest fairways hit. Looking forward to the playoff season.  Congrats to BK.

Driver? He couldn't put a 5 iron in the fairway.

3

#4 vbb

vbb

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 265210
  • Joined: 07/20/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 932

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

I think he'll be a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup 😂

4

#5 Naptime

Naptime

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504866
  • Joined: 06/16/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 12 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Really?  I guess you win first post-PGA unnecessary Tiger thread. LOL.

Otherwise the PGA thread will be too long to load... :taunt:
Nice he stayed to congratulate BK and his family.


5

#6 Duffner's Waggle

Duffner's Waggle

    2 off the 1st if ya need it...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118661
  • Joined: 12/09/2010
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 2596

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

Anybody else hear that was his lowest final round in a major ever? Wow.

// Ping Rapture 12.5* | Aldila Tour Green 70TX //


// Ping G20 4W 16.5* | Diamana OG WB 82X //

// Mizuno MP-H5 2i | Project X 7.0 Rifle //

// Taylormade 2016 M1 21* | NVentix Nunchuk 370 //

// Mizuno MP-H4 5-PW | Project X Rifle 6.5 //

// Mizuno MP T4 50*/54*/58* //

// Odyssey Works V-Line //


6

#7 jli2636

jli2636

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129436
  • Joined: 05/24/2011
  • Location:Columbia, MO
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

View PostDuffner, on 12 August 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Anybody else hear that was his lowest final round in a major ever? Wow.

Also just saw on Twitter it was his lowest 54 hole aggregate from Friday-Sunday of his career by 4 shots. Not relative to par, but total strokes.

7

#8 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 11765

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

View PostNaptime, on 12 August 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 12 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Really?  I guess you win first post-PGA unnecessary Tiger thread. LOL.

Otherwise the PGA thread will be too long to load... :taunt:
Nice he stayed to congratulate BK and his family.

Yet you are still posting in it!

8

#9 Naptime

Naptime

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504866
  • Joined: 06/16/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:22 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 12 August 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

View PostNaptime, on 12 August 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 12 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Really?  I guess you win first post-PGA unnecessary Tiger thread. LOL.

Otherwise the PGA thread will be too long to load... :taunt:
Nice he stayed to congratulate BK and his family.

Yet you are still posting in it!

I used to live in Iowa back in the day.  Enjoyed the golf there.

9

#10 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 11765

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

View PostNaptime, on 12 August 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 12 August 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

View PostNaptime, on 12 August 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 12 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Really?  I guess you win first post-PGA unnecessary Tiger thread. LOL.

Otherwise the PGA thread will be too long to load... :taunt:
Nice he stayed to congratulate BK and his family.

Yet you are still posting in it!

I used to live in Iowa back in the day.  Enjoyed the golf there.

That would be an original thread. ;-)

It's still here and would enjoy anyone coming back.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 starsail85

starsail85

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2663
  • Joined: 07/14/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 997

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

Still not putting like he used to , too many short putts missed that he wouldn’t have missed in the past


Titleist 915 D4 9.25 / axivcore green 69x
Titleist 915 Fd 15/ Ei70 x
Mizuno MP18 2FH Project x 6.0
Mizuno MP4 yoro 3-Pw/project x 6.0
Vokey V 54 60 OC
Scotty Cameron JAT

Ball - Tour B XS
Grips - Tv cord

Lofts 17.5 21 25 29 33 37 41 45 49 54 60

11

#12 TreyWingbat

TreyWingbat

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392278
  • Joined: 08/20/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

Tom Watson is 68 years old now.  Won't be able to shoot his age.
The average WRX'er drives it 342, and hits a 7-iron 220.*
*Distances measured in feet, not yards.

12

#13 Night train

Night train

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7139
  • Joined: 10/26/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1765

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:58 PM

View Poststarsail85, on 12 August 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Still not putting like he used to , too many short putts missed that he wouldn’t have missed in the past

He made virtually everything today........he had ten putts on the front nine. It was a VERY good day on the greens.

13

#14 Naptime

Naptime

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504866
  • Joined: 06/16/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

$1.188 million for second place. Now he can finally afford to gas up the dinghy.

14

#15 A.Princey

A.Princey

    Major Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396630
  • Joined: 09/20/2015
  • Location:Twilight Zone
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 791

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:25 PM

My question, what kind of score would TW have been able to achieve with BK's driver on every par 4/5????  Hypothetical and not realistic, but seriously, this week could have been 2000-like with his irons/wedges spot on, and putter coming around.

Ping G 10.5*, Fuji Pro 63-R 42.75"
'16 M1 3w HL 17*, Xcon 7-S(untipped) 41"
Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
Byron Morgan 615SS 32.5"(or any of 10 other putters...)

15

#16 RickyA12

RickyA12

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 226521
  • Joined: 02/03/2013
  • Location:Alexandria, LA
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:45 PM

View PostA.Princey, on 12 August 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

My question, what kind of score would TW have been able to achieve with BK's driver on every par 4/5????  Hypothetical and not realistic, but seriously, this week could have been 2000-like with his irons/wedges spot on, and putter coming around.

20 under par at least

16

#17 Brianm423

Brianm423

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181290
  • Joined: 05/16/2012
  • Location:C'ville, VA
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

What if....

What if he birdied #1?  Shortest birdie putt he missed all day.  7 ft.

What if the birdie putt on 11 that literally stopped on the edge of the cup went down?

What if he puts the ball ANYWHERE near the fairway to give he a good layup and wedge into 17 for birdie opportunity?

I think we all can agree he was money with approach shots and around the greens yesterday. His putter was hot too.  He couldn't buy a fairway with driver/3w/iron if his life depended on it.

He even said it in post round interview he was struggling with his warm up sesh...couldn't figure it out.  

Helluva round though...hats off to him

17



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors