Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Coming from X-22 Tour

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frohboy33

frohboy33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29626
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

Hi guys, looking for a little direction.  I currently have some X-22 Tour irons with the PX 5.5 shafts in them.  While I like the club, I feel like I need a bit more forgiveness as I get a bit older.  I'm 35 years old and I'm about a 13 handicap.   On a whim last week, I bought some used Titleist 714 AP2 with the C Taper Lite stiff shafts.  I can't him them consistently, which kind of cemented in my head that I need some more forgiveness.  I'm going to sell those 714's and get something else.

I really can't stand the look at address of a major game improvement iron, so was looking at something like the Steelhead XR pro Irons which I can pickup used for around $450.   That's kind of the top of my budget.   Do you think this would offer an advantage over my current X-22 Tours?  Anything else you would suggest that's maybe around that price?  I don't mind buying used or technology that is a few years old.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 danattherock

danattherock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98548
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:20 PM

Bogey golfer here, just picked up set of Callaway Apex, 2014/2015 as I recall, from Callaway preowned. Around $400. Absolutely love them, easy to hit, forgiving enough, but has incredible feel with solid shots. I was on fence regarding forgiveness, but so far so good.

#3 Socrates

Socrates

How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
  • Handicap:4ish
GolfWRX Likes : 3569

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:23 PM

AP2's with S-Taper Lite Stiffs aren't going to be easier to hit than the X-22's.  The X-22's were a really good head.  I'd recommend keeping those and maybe reshafting them with new shafts that are a little easier than the Project X.   Maybe some NS Pro shafts.
Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"
MCC Align Midsize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors