Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Matrix Ozik Code 6


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BigMike300c

BigMike300c

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18779
  • Joined: 09/02/2006
  • Location:brick, nj
  • Ebay ID:Bigmike300c
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:46 AM

can i get some reviews on the Code 6 saft? i am giving my cousin my diamana BB and i'm going to try out the matrix ozik code 6, i'll be putting it in a superquad 9.5 head, anyone play that combo? if so how do u like it? can anyone compare it to a Diamana blue board? also whats the best head for this shaft?

any info on the shaft would be great

thanks/ mike


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 poloshankey

poloshankey

    Denard Robinson for the Heisman! GO BLUE!!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22703
  • Joined: 12/12/2006
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:52 AM

I have a Code 6 in one of the Superquad's I had "in the rotation".  Very smooth feel and point/shoot accuracy.  Flight was slightly high but not too high.  Very solid combo.  It would still be "in the rotation" if it wasn't for the Tour Burner TP.

The Blueboard is a completely different "animal".  Much tighter and lacks the Ozik "smooth" feel, which is good or bad depending on whether you like Ozik shafts or not.  Spin was similar in both in the same head, 8.5 Superquad TP.

#3 Grum

Grum

    ★ Driven to Perfection ★

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17890
  • Joined: 08/13/2006
  • Location:Gleneagles, Scotland.
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:55 AM

Had it in a tour issue 425TP. Felt quite 'loose' to me. By all means it went as far as anything else out there, but the dispersion was not there, aswell as the insanely high ball flight. Tipped a bit and in an 8.5 905T it makes for quite a long driver. I would say its one for the smoother swinger. I now have a Blueboard 73S tipped half an inch in my 425TP and its a totally different monster.

#4 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
  • Joined: 05/19/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:28 AM

View PostGrum, on May 25 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

Had it in a tour issue 425TP. Felt quite 'loose' to me. By all means it went as far as anything else out there, but the dispersion was not there, aswell as the insanely high ball flight. Tipped a bit and in an 8.5 905T it makes for quite a long driver. I would say its one for the smoother swinger. I now have a Blueboard 73S tipped half an inch in my 425TP and its a totally different monster.


I can agree with all this, including the BB73 being a different animal. The Code 6 just wasn't quite there for me.

#5 sckat

sckat

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15244
  • Joined: 06/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

guess i'm on the other side of the fence, i thought the code 6 was hands down better than the blue board, so much so i bought a code 8 for my fairway as well.  i love the dispersion, flight is mid-high (same as bb 63, higher than bb 73) and feel is 10x better than the bb.  i think it is an awesome shaft if it fits you


#6 BigMike300c

BigMike300c

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18779
  • Joined: 09/02/2006
  • Location:brick, nj
  • Ebay ID:Bigmike300c
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

well i'v never tried the code-6 or any ozik before, but now i can't wait to see/feel the difference

please keep the reviews coming

#7 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1282
  • Joined: 06/01/2005
  • Location:Reading, MA
  • Handicap:16.1
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

I've owned a driver with the BB 83X and now I have the Code 6 in my 907D2.  

FEEL:  There is nothing smoother then an Ozik Code series shaft which someone else said is NOT for everyone.  Prior to demo'ing this shaft I was one of those "the stiffer feeling the better" and man I have changed my tune!

FLIGHT:  The Code 6 is one of the highest ball flight shaft in the Ozik line up but you will get VERY close L/A #'s to the Diamana 63 BB series.  I got on the L/M with this shaft in a 9.5* 425TP and I was getting 18.9* launch!!

SPIN:  Even though this is listed as a mid-spin shaft,  their MID is everyone else's LOW.  Like I said about the high launch above,  I was getting 2150-2250rpm spin at 18.9* launch !!!!  I am getting the best combo of launch and spin I have owned to date.

CONSISTANCY:  This IMHO is where Ozik is a man playing with boys.  I best describe it was the tee shot being on a shoe string.  I have demo'd numerous high end brands and to ME,  the Ozik is the most consistant.  They shine at side spin reduction.

I just got back from the range and I wanted to spend some time with the FT5 Tour/Hyper X Tour with the XCon 6.  While a touch firmer feeling,  VERY nice shaft !
Callaway RFE 9.5* Fubuki Alpha 70X
Callaway RFE 16.5* 4 wood UST Tour 86gr
Callaway X2Hot 19* * & Hogan CFT 21*
Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW KBS Tour
YES! Tracy
Vokey 52.08 & 58.08

#8 dannykos

dannykos

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17306
  • Joined: 08/01/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

I have a Code-6 in my BurnerTP 3 wood - and it is just smoooooooth.  It does launch on the high side in my 3 wood, but not sure how it was trimmed, and have no way to measure the CPM.

I've never really had much of a chance to hit lots of aftermarket shafts - so wasn't really expecting to tell the difference, but, the first time I made solid centre-faced contact with the Code-6, I was smitten :)

Seriously thinking of getting one for my FT-i

#9 AltusBeliever

AltusBeliever

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22962
  • Joined: 12/20/2006
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

I am currently hitting the Code 6 in a DCT 12 deg head. It replaced a 10.5 deg Superquad with a Xcon 5. Both are reg flex tipped three quarters at 46 inches. The SQ goes much higher than the DCT even though less loft. The DCT stays in the air longer (just a few yards) at a flatter trajectory and rolls like crazy. I love both clubs and both shafts. I have owned TP 7, TP 7X, and Altus. I like these two much better and can't say which of the two I like better. Perhaps would be better to judge if in same head. Great shafts - I am an unabashed Matrix fan.

#10 sckat

sckat

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15244
  • Joined: 06/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

like the above poster said, the code series has a feel that is unmatched.  everyone that hits my burner tp/code combo falls in love.  now granted, they are not nearly into equip like 95% on this board, but it is a great shaft and pretty sure you'll be happy


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 sma1001

sma1001

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56374
  • Joined: 05/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:04 AM

Has anyone used this with the new callaway ft-i LCG? I'm thinking about this drive and wondered if anyone has used it yet.

My swing speed is 95-100.

#12 playmuch

playmuch

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43638
  • Joined: 12/10/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:02 AM

i played the strong flex. feel wise, it was awesome.direction was a little loose and ball flight was high.

#13 liveagua

liveagua

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20340
  • Joined: 10/07/2006
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Ebay ID:GradisharFan1
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

I have a FM62 in my SQ Max head and I hit the ball 20 yards further off the tee than my Diamana Blueboard.

I have a Code 8 in my Tour Edge Exotics XCG 4-wood and i can hit is precise to a number or I can bomb it off the tee. The Code 8 is the best fairway shaft I have ever used.

These are the smoothest shafts I have ever used. I didn't have to pay for mine, but I felt like that was the best way for me to test them because I didn't feel like I was out anything.

I played with my father in law 2 days ago and when we were warming up on the range I got to my driver about halfway through and after my first hit (about 265 carry) he looked at me and asked if I was hitting a new driver. He said the sound was just different and obviously it seemed like they were never going to land.

#14 Lngnokr71

Lngnokr71

    Hmmm what to get next?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43057
  • Joined: 12/01/2007
  • Location:Michael Vick's new hometown
  • Ebay ID:lngnokr71
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

View PostQegurezi, on May 25 2008, 06:28 AM, said:

View PostGrum, on May 25 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

Had it in a tour issue 425TP. Felt quite 'loose' to me. By all means it went as far as anything else out there, but the dispersion was not there, aswell as the insanely high ball flight. Tipped a bit and in an 8.5 905T it makes for quite a long driver. I would say its one for the smoother swinger. I now have a Blueboard 73S tipped half an inch in my 425TP and its a totally different monster.


I can agree with all this, including the BB73 being a different animal. The Code 6 just wasn't quite there for me.
I totally disagree with both these reviews...but no two swings are exactly a like and one combo might be good for one and not the next.......
I have a 425TP with a code 6 firm flex and my ball flight has been lowered and it's just as long as any driver I've ever hit....the disbursment is much tighter than my back up....Superquad Tp with an Aldila vs proto.....The tip however feels soft so if you like a firmer tip then you might want to to tip it or go with the code 7 which is 3 grams heavier and has a firmer tip.....

Edited by Lngnokr71, 27 May 2008 - 08:56 AM.


#15 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
  • Joined: 05/19/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

View PostLngnokr71, on May 27 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

View PostQegurezi, on May 25 2008, 06:28 AM, said:

View PostGrum, on May 25 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

Had it in a tour issue 425TP. Felt quite 'loose' to me. By all means it went as far as anything else out there, but the dispersion was not there, aswell as the insanely high ball flight. Tipped a bit and in an 8.5 905T it makes for quite a long driver. I would say its one for the smoother swinger. I now have a Blueboard 73S tipped half an inch in my 425TP and its a totally different monster.


I can agree with all this, including the BB73 being a different animal. The Code 6 just wasn't quite there for me.
I totally disagree with both these reviews...but no two swings are exactly a like and one combo might be good for one and not the next.......
I have a 425TP with a code 6 firm flex and my ball flight has been lowered and it's just as long as any driver I've ever hit....the disbursment is much tighter than my back up....Superquad Tp with an Aldila vs proto.....The tip however feels soft so if you like a firmer tip then you might want to to tip it or go with the code 7 which is 3 grams heavier and has a firmer tip.....


How much difference do you think i'd see with the Code-7?


#16 Dyno

Dyno

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1459
  • Joined: 06/08/2005
  • Location:the grave
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

View PostOrangeCrush, on May 25 2008, 11:38 AM, said:

I've owned a driver with the BB 83X and now I have the Code 6 in my 907D2.  

FEEL:  There is nothing smoother then an Ozik Code series shaft which someone else said is NOT for everyone.  Prior to demo'ing this shaft I was one of those "the stiffer feeling the better" and man I have changed my tune!

FLIGHT:  The Code 6 is one of the highest ball flight shaft in the Ozik line up but you will get VERY close L/A #'s to the Diamana 63 BB series.  I got on the L/M with this shaft in a 9.5* 425TP and I was getting 18.9* launch!!

SPIN:  Even though this is listed as a mid-spin shaft,  their MID is everyone else's LOW.  Like I said about the high launch above,  I was getting 2150-2250rpm spin at 18.9* launch !!!!  I am getting the best combo of launch and spin I have owned to date.

CONSISTANCY:  This IMHO is where Ozik is a man playing with boys.  I best describe it was the tee shot being on a shoe string.  I have demo'd numerous high end brands and to ME,  the Ozik is the most consistant.  They shine at side spin reduction.

I just got back from the range and I wanted to spend some time with the FT5 Tour/Hyper X Tour with the XCon 6.  While a touch firmer feeling,  VERY nice shaft !

OC. I've known you for a long time. That's an impressive testimony.  I will have to try one someday ;)

Do you have comparative numbers to the BB?

#17 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
  • Joined: 05/19/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:17 AM

View PostDyno, on Jun 6 2008, 01:02 AM, said:

View PostOrangeCrush, on May 25 2008, 11:38 AM, said:

I've owned a driver with the BB 83X and now I have the Code 6 in my 907D2.  

FEEL:  There is nothing smoother then an Ozik Code series shaft which someone else said is NOT for everyone.  Prior to demo'ing this shaft I was one of those "the stiffer feeling the better" and man I have changed my tune!

FLIGHT:  The Code 6 is one of the highest ball flight shaft in the Ozik line up but you will get VERY close L/A #'s to the Diamana 63 BB series.  I got on the L/M with this shaft in a 9.5* 425TP and I was getting 18.9* launch!!

SPIN:  Even though this is listed as a mid-spin shaft,  their MID is everyone else's LOW.  Like I said about the high launch above,  I was getting 2150-2250rpm spin at 18.9* launch !!!!  I am getting the best combo of launch and spin I have owned to date.

CONSISTANCY:  This IMHO is where Ozik is a man playing with boys.  I best describe it was the tee shot being on a shoe string.  I have demo'd numerous high end brands and to ME,  the Ozik is the most consistant.  They shine at side spin reduction.

I just got back from the range and I wanted to spend some time with the FT5 Tour/Hyper X Tour with the XCon 6.  While a touch firmer feeling,  VERY nice shaft !

OC. I've known you for a long time. That's an impressive testimony.  I will have to try one someday ;)

Do you have comparative numbers to the BB?


If you want to match the BB63 apparently get the Code-6, the BB73 the Code-7. On my minor experience Dyno be sure to go up half a flex IMO.

#18 BigMike300c

BigMike300c

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18779
  • Joined: 09/02/2006
  • Location:brick, nj
  • Ebay ID:Bigmike300c
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

well i'v had 2 rounds with it and so far so good, gotta get used to a stiffer n lighter shaft (i had a Stiff 73, now i got a strong 63)but i think i made the right choice

#19 sma1001

sma1001

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56374
  • Joined: 05/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

Gents - on the ozik shaft - where does it say what the shaft flex is? I have an X-Con 7 in a driver and i can't see a reference to shaft flex on it.

#20 Awalkspoiled

Awalkspoiled

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3924
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

View Postsma1001, on Jun 10 2008, 11:25 AM, said:

Gents - on the ozik shaft - where does it say what the shaft flex is? I have an X-Con 7 in a driver and i can't see a reference to shaft flex on it.


It'll give specific raw frequency and nominal flex on a label on  the butt. you'll have to remove the grip to see it. if the label's been removed you'll need to measure frequency and figure out how much it's been tipped to be sure. if push comes to shove you can send  it to an authorized dealer who will check it out for you.

Taylormade 300 Tour Holy Grail/6Q3
Cally XHP 15/Altus
Cally XHP 18/23/ Saga/Altus hb
5-GW RBT/Program 95/130
Scratch D/D 54/Program 130
Bettinardi QB3

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 schlebrock

schlebrock

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11688
  • Joined: 02/10/2006
  • Location:San Antonio, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

Hey Big Mike,

I'm glad the Code-6 you purchased from me is working out for you.

Keep hitting it long and straight!
Ping G25 9.5 | Fujikura Speeder 757
Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5 | UST Attas T2
Titleist 913H 21 | Aldila Tour Green
Ping G25's 4-UW | KBS Tour-V
Vokey TVD SM4 54S, 58K | KBS Tour
Ping Craz-E Scottsdale TR

#22 BigMike300c

BigMike300c

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18779
  • Joined: 09/02/2006
  • Location:brick, nj
  • Ebay ID:Bigmike300c
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:20 AM

View Postschlebrock, on Jun 10 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

Hey Big Mike,

I'm glad the Code-6 you purchased from me is working out for you.

Keep hitting it long and straight!

thanks a lot, i am enjoying it alot so far

let me know if you got anymore for sale, i'd like 2 put an ozik in my 3 wood

#23 drscott266

drscott266

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19420
  • Joined: 09/14/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

I have an XCON-6, which is the highest launch of the Ozik Line, with the Code being next lowest.  These shafts are going to have a disturbingly high flight if you arent used to them, but with their super low spin they just keep going.  Thats the whole idea behind the Ozik line, high launch with very low spin... a great combo for me, and many others.  The feel on Oziks is pretty damn smooth, and dispersion is tight if you get the right flex... there is like 8 of them, so it shouldnt be hard to find one that fits you.  Its a different profile than a BB, so just be ready to see the ball go higher overall, but not ballooning by any sense.

#24 ccgolfer37

ccgolfer37

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22012
  • Joined: 11/20/2006
  • Location:San Diego, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

View Postdrscott266, on Jun 11 2008, 06:13 AM, said:

I have an XCON-6, which is the highest launch of the Ozik Line, with the Code being next lowest.  These shafts are going to have a disturbingly high flight if you arent used to them, but with their super low spin they just keep going.  Thats the whole idea behind the Ozik line, high launch with very low spin... a great combo for me, and many others.  The feel on Oziks is pretty damn smooth, and dispersion is tight if you get the right flex... there is like 8 of them, so it shouldnt be hard to find one that fits you.  Its a different profile than a BB, so just be ready to see the ball go higher overall, but not ballooning by any sense.


VERY WELL SAID!  I am a HUGE fan of the OZIK line, which is funny, because 2 years ago, before I got fit for one, I was on the over rated bandwagon.  Matrix lists launch angles on their website for each shaft, but what they don't say is that these launches are just when compared to each other.  The F7M2 LTD is listed as one of their lowest launchers, but compared to another shaft say the Diamana's its more like a Mid-Low  I would put the F7M2 in the Blueboard category in terms of launch angle, but with much better feel, consistency, dispersion, and lower spin.  And when Matrix talks about spin, what they rate as a high spin shaft is more like a mid for most other companies because their shafts tend to be such low spinners, and when they say LOW spin, they mean VERY LOW SPIN!
Titleist 913D3 10.5 Diamana PROTO MX307
Titleist 913F.d 15* w/ Diamana blue 70X
Titleist 913H.d 18* w/ Aldila Tour Blue
Titliest AP2 714 w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2 NB
Titleist vokey SM4 52/56/60 w/ DGS400

#25 siagolf

siagolf

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16073
  • Joined: 07/12/2006
  • Location:Vancouver, BC, Canada
  • Ebay ID:shamu838
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

thanks for all this great info guys! :)

i currently have a fubuki in a 9.5 speedline head and find my launch a touch too high for my liking...this is probably due to a combo of a slightly steep swing and the soft/active-tip of the fubuki.

can anyone comment on whether or not the code-6 is as active as the fubuki's and whether it'll launch higher/lower than the fubuki?


#26 SJHSCCC

SJHSCCC

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81628
  • Joined: 04/30/2009
  • Location:Jonesboro, AR
  • Ebay ID:SCOTTY.HESTER
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

I had the Ft-i tour lcg with the matrix shaft and wasn't very impressed with it.  The spin was low but I launched it way high, and it didn't seem to play to flex.  I had X flex and it felt a little whippy to me.   But im not a big Callaway fan so it may be in my head.

#27 bjp1

bjp1

    Silky

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 631
  • Joined: 05/10/2005
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Ebay ID:brian1j
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

View Postsiagolf, on Jul 2 2009, 07:12 PM, said:

thanks for all this great info guys! :)

i currently have a fubuki in a 9.5 speedline head and find my launch a touch too high for my liking...this is probably due to a combo of a slightly steep swing and the soft/active-tip of the fubuki.

can anyone comment on whether or not the code-6 is as active as the fubuki's and whether it'll launch higher/lower than the fubuki?


I played the Code-6 off/on for 2 seasons.  In comparison to the Fubuki, which I've only demoed, the launch is lower with the Code-6.  The tip on the Code-6 is not as active, but you do feel the "hinge" in the lower half of the shaft.  If I recall correctly, the lower portion of the Code-6 is "heavy," which provides the hinge-type feel.  As my swing has changed, I've moved away from the Code-6.

Brian
Mizuno MP650 10.5* w/Orochi Red 65 S
Adams TL Tour 14.5* & 18* w/ATX Blue
Adams Pro Mini 23* w/ATX Tour Green S
Titleist 712MB 4-PW w/DGS300
TM Ghost Spider 33"
Fourteen RM-12 54* & 60* w/TI WV125




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors