Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Taylormade Fitting Experience at The Kingdom ... a little bizzare

80 replies to this topic

#1 Invisible-z

Invisible-z

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488242
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:44 AM

ummary of our $1,300 (2 pax) experience at The Kingdom by Taylormade in Carlsbad

The short version:
- 4 hybrid missing in order
- iron set lie angle adjustment missing
- wedge lie angle adjustment missing
- putter lie angle adjustment missing
- grip size too big
- the grips options incorrect
- 5 emails ignored
- client’s request not followed
- the client has to initiate contact with TaylorMade to move things forward
- delayed order by over 1 week or more
- incorrect order placed and with no confirmation from the client
- client forced to take on the order

Taylormade responded, read below

The long version:
I was very excited about my fitting at the Kingdom. I've had a good fitting experience down at Titleist TPI just next door about 6 years ago. The experience was amazing. I read great things about Taylormade fitting too at the Kingdom and given their recent marketing effort I had high hopes. It
wasawhooping $650 pp but if the fitting is as good as the one I got down at Titleist, I'd say its worth it.

Anyway, so here we go.

I made my booking via our club about 2-3 months in advance. We had sent numerous emails to confirm and reconfirm because my dad and I are flying across the big pond for this fitting and made sure TM knows about it. Don't want to get bumped off last minute, etc.

On the day of the fitting, we got an email from the receptionist asking us to send in our CC for authorization at8AM. I replied promptly and approved the authorization. Small hiccup she probably forgot but its all good!

No one was there to greet us at the HQ (unlike Titleist) so we wandered up to registration and got ourselves registered. The security guy didn't seem to know what was happening. Eventually, he found our booking. While we were being checked in, I got an email from the same receptionist with a single sentence "are you two on your way".

Was that a rhetorical question because I just authorized the payment like an hour ago. A little rude but no biggie I thought. After the check-in, we were told the Kingdom is at a different location so we had to drive across the street to get there. OK, so now we were 25 minutes late when we go to Kingdom's front door.

When we got to the front door of the Kingdom the doors were locked. So... I thought had those guys left because we are late?? Just when we were about to drive back to the HQ, we were greeted by the receptionist with no much of a smile. We walked in through the doors and then was told to go back out to the car to get our own bags. My dad is over 65 so I went and got both our bags while they watched. Certainly not what I read about and not how Titleist treated me back in the days. Whatever, we are on vacation and came here for a good time I thought to myself.

Below
thetimeare fairly accurate because I had time stamps on all my photos

August 1st -
day of fitting
10AM
intro, warm-up, etc.

1015AM
We used Gears (https://www.gearssports.com/) go for a 3D swing motion analysis. I thought that was a complete waste of time from a fitting perspective. We got a USB at the end with our 3D swings recorded so I suppose that's why we did it. The fitter didn't seem overly enthusiastic about it too (honestly, I wouldn't either if I knew this was gonna be pointless).

1045AM
Driver - one shaft and one head
Fairway - two shafts and one head
Iron - one shaft and 3 heads
Wedge - Hi Toe 60 only (no chip shots, bunkers, or rough)

1215PM
The fitter took me in to get my driver put together. That was pretty cool.

1230PM
Fitter wanted to send us out but I reminded him I had a putter fitting too. We went through the putter fitting

1240PM
Got my spec sheets and we were done. I was told to make the order through them because Kingdom orders tend to be faster (I later verified with TM sales that this is not true). The only difference is it comes out of a different account (ie e-commerce vs wholesale) but its essentially the same speed. TM sales told me though I should get a discount of ordering through the Kingdom. Well, we didn't get any.

9PM
I reviewed the spec sheets and researched the metalwood shafts and saw some possible mistakes. I had couple questions for our fitters so I emailed them a thank you note with my questions. This was where the nightmare began.

August 2nd - Thursday
no response after 24 hours. Follow up email sent from me

August 3rd - Friday
Still no response after 24 hours. Another follow up email sent. Finally got a short response that night. The fitter said its the weekend and will reply after the weekend. Umm... ok

August 6th - Monday
When I finally got the actual response (6 days after the fitting), the fitter simply attached the spec sheet which I got on the day of my fitting and asked what I want to be changed. You can imagine I almost jumped out of my skin. Did you read my email?

Repeated my questions in another email. Got a response the same day and he corrected me on what I thought were mistakes. Nice, at least movement here.

August 7th - Tuesday
I decided to call the fitter the following day to
further clarify on the shaft choices and close out on all outstanding questions so we can move the order along.

The response I got about one of his shaft choices was along the lines of "I am not too sure about the shaft profile actually. I didn't read up on them but I know you needed something low spin. I really don't know those shafts too well but you could go with either one. You hit the ball well enough and they would fit you. Pick one of them".

Umm... seriously? Is that why I flew halfway around the world and pay $650 bucks to get this sort of answer. For a moment I wondered if he was just toying with me because I know he had worked there for quite some time. By the way, the shaft I was mentioning is Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series shaft. I wasn't sure if I was getting the pro or normal version. The cost of the shaft upcharge for pro version was $200. After the call, I still wasn't sure which I was specced for because he didn't know which version he fitted me for. WTF.

Well, so after the call I was going to make the purchase anyway (we were both eager to get new clubs). I wrote the fitter a confirmation email and spelt everything out for him to confirm the details of our conversation. I was uncertain whether he would my order right so I asked to get a breakdown on the invoice so I could check all the specs before the order is placed. Oh right... and the guys at the Kingdom never told us how much the cost of the equipment was. I suppose they just expected us to open our wallets and pay up no matter how much it would cost?  

August 8th - Wednesday
My confirmation email was not responded to after 24 hours.

Well, OK I wanted to get this done while I am still on US time, so I called the receptionist to follow up on the issue since its now administrative related work and I am guessing she would put in the order. By that time, I was on literally sitting in a plane that was
about to takeoff back to Asia. She immediately sent me the invoice w/ breakdown (thank god) immediately. I hung up and I looked through it. Guess what? THERE WERE MISTAKES ALL OVER THE ORDER!!! Before the plane took off, I emailed her immediately to amend the order. The email was sent before I shut off my phone.

No surprise my email was not responded to for 24 hours.

August 9th - Friday (Asia time)
I am back in my home country after a long flight and 15 hour time difference. Opened up my email with no reply to my email. I emailed the receptionist and told her to cancel her order while I make the order on my own. She later wrote me a somewhat angry email stating "I’m a little confused at what your expectations are at this point considering I have had no access to email". OK, well she said mentioned TM email has been down on Tuesday but honestly not my problem. Someone on your team made a mistake. Fix it. At least that's how good teams function.

I emailed their director to stop the order before this gets more complicated. Dealing with this aftermath is going to be so fun, especially with a 15 hour time difference.

I hope they will come their senses... I really look forward to what happens next... :telephone:

August 10 - 16th
I spoke with the Director of Taylormade Kingdom. He apologized and want to make this right. Actions are being taken.
We spoke on the phone for about 30 mins. He went on to explain the situation. I can't imagine how anyone can explain this away. It wasn't his fault. He was very sincere. He apologized for his team. My fitter also proceeded to send me an apology email which I am grateful. Offered to make this right. I am down with that.
He confirmed he would refund our experience and give us a second fitting free-of-charge. That doesn't make up for the fact that I flew in from Asia and that I will have to fly back again for another fitting. But a step in the right direction.
He offered to make sure our order gets sorted and give me a bunch of freebies (ie balls) and clubs to test.

Aug 18
Part of our order has arrived. Some clubs are missing. I don't blame the Director as the order was already put in before he had a chance to amend any mistakes. I notified him of the mistakes.

Aug 21
Another part of our order has arrived. The Director gave me a call to follow up the order.
I got some freebies - balls, clubs, extra shafts. Very grateful to get new toys to play with but I don't know how to fit myself despite the extra shafts options. Regardless, a good gesture and an honest attempt to salvage the situation within his power
Director went on the explain the contents of the package in great detail and promised to follow up.

Aug 22
Irrelevant but I went to a shop with a GC quad and paid to smacked balls non-stop for 2 hours. All I can say is unless you know the meaning behind the numbers and know how equipment impacts them... data don't mean much. Still glad to finally able to play with my set.

Aug 23
My dad's wedges are still missing. They are being followed up.
There is a loose particle in the Driver head and needs to be replaced

Sitll working things out. Working with the Director on the follow up has been great so far. He shows sincerity and motivation to want to get this resolved.

Edited by Invisible-z, 23 August 2018 - 05:18 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 RRH

RRH

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136851
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:33 AM

Man, this experience makes my off the rack clubs look great lol. Hopefully they at least discount your fitting fees. Total s***-show.

#3 apj0524

apj0524

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292379
  • Handicap:High
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:44 AM

View PostInvisible-z, on 10 August 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

Summary of our $1,300 (2 pax) experience at The Kingdom by Taylormade in Carlsbad

The short version:
- grip size too big
- 5 emails ignored
- client forced to take on the order Apologies in advance for the long email but please bear with me.

The long version:
I was very excited about my fitting at the Kingdom. I've had a good fitting experience down at Titleist TPI just next door about 6 years ago. The experience was amazing. I read great things about Taylormade fitting too at the Kingdom and given their recent marketing effort I had high hopes. It was a whooping $650 pp but if the fitting is as good as the one I got down at Titleist, I'd say its worth it.

Anyway, so here we go.

I made my booking via our club about 2-3 months in advance. We had sent numerous emails to confirm and reconfirm because my dad and I are flying across the big pond for this fitting and made sure TM knows about it. Don't want to get bumped off last minute, etc.

On the day of the fitting, we got an email from the receptionist asking us to send in our CC for authorization at 8AM. I replied promptly and approved the authorization. Small hiccup she probably forgot but its all good!

No one was there to greet us at the HQ (unlike Titleist) so we wandered up to registration and got ourselves registered. The security guy didn't seem to know what was happening. Eventually, he found our booking. While we were being checked in, I got an email from the same receptionist with a single sentence "are you two on your way".

Was it a rhetorical question because I just authorized the payment like an hour ago. A little rude but no biggie I thought. After the check-in, we were told the Kingdom is at a different location so we had to drive across the street to get there. OK, so now we were 25 minutes late when we go to Kingdom's front door.

When we got to the front door of the Kingdom the doors were locked. So... I thought had those guys left because we are late?? Just when we were about to drive back to the HQ, we were greeted by the receptionist with no much of a smile. We walked in through the doors and then was told to go back out to the car to get our own bags. My dad is over 65 so I went and got both our bags while they watched. Certainly not what I read about and not how Titleist treated me back in the days. Whatever, we are on vacation and came here for a good time I thought to myself.

Below the time are fairly accurate because I had time stamps on all my photos

August 1st - day of fitting
10AM
intro, warm-up, etc.

1015AM
We used Gears (https://www.gearssports.com/) go for a 3D swing motion analysis. I thought that was a complete waste of time from a fitting perspective. We got a USB at the end with our 3D swings recorded so I suppose that's why we did it. The fitter didn't seem overly enthusiastic about it too (honestly, I wouldn't either if I knew this was gonna be pointless).

1045AM

1215PM

1230PM
Fitter wanted to send us out but I reminded him I had a putter fitting too. We went through the putter fitting

1240PM
Got my spec sheets and we were done. I was told to make the order through them because Kingdom orders tend to be faster (I later verified with TM sales that this is not true). The only difference is it comes out of a different account (ie e-commerce vs wholesale) but its essentially the same speed. TIM sales told me though I should get a discount of ordering through the Kingdom. Well, we didn't get any.

9PM
I reviewed the spec sheets and researched the metalwood shafts and saw some possible mistakes. I had couple questions for our fitters so I emailed them a thank you note with my questions. This was where the nightmare began.

August 2nd - Thursday

August 3rd - Friday
Still no response after 24 hours. Another follow up email sent. Finally got a short response that night. The fitter said its the weekend and will reply after the weekend. Umm... ok

August 6th - Monday
When I finally got the actual response (6 days after the fitting), the fitter simply attached the spec sheet which I got on the day of my fitting and asked what I want to be changed. You can imagine I almost jumped out of my skin. Did you read my email?

Repeated my questions in another email. Got a response the same day and he corrected me on what I thought were mistakes. Nice, at least movement here.

August 7th - Tuesday
I decided to call the fitter the following day to further clarify on the shaft choices and close out on all outstanding questions so we can move the order along.

The response I got about one of his shaft choice was along the lines of "I am not too sure about the shaft profile actually. I didn't read up on them but I know you needed something low spin. I really don't know those shafts too well but you could go with either one. You hit the ball well enough and they would fit you. Pick one of them".

Umm... seriously? Is that why I flew halfway around the world and pay $650 bucks to get this sort of answer. For a moment I wondered if he was just toying with me because I know he had worked there for quite some time. By the way, the shaft I was mentioning is Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series shaft. I wasn't sure if I was getting the pro or normal version. The cost of the shaft upcharge for pro version was $200. After the call, I still wasn't sure which I was specced for because he didn't know which version it was he fitted me for.

Well, so after the call I was going to make the purchase anyway (we were both eager to get new clubs). I wrote the fitter a confirmation email and spelt everything out for him to confirm the details of our conversation. I was uncertain whether he would my order right so I asked to get a breakdown on the invoice so I could check all the specs before the order is placed. Oh right... and the guys at the Kingdom never told us how much the cost of the equipment was. I suppose they just expected us to open our wallets and pay up no matter how much it would cost?  

August 8th

Well, OK I wanted to get this done while I am still on US time, so I called the receptionist to follow up on the issue since its now administrative related work and I am guessing she would put in the order. By that time, I was on literally sitting in a plane that was about to takeoff back to Asia. She immediately sent me the invoice w/ breakdown (thank God finally someone with some sense) immediately. I hung up and I looked through it. Guess what? THERE WERE MISTAKES ALL OVER THE ORDER!!! Before the plane took up, I emailed her immediately (I was on the plane back to my country of origin) to amend the order.

August 9th (Asia time)
I am back in my home country after a long flight and 15 hour time difference. Opened up my email with no reply to my email.
I think as a customer that had just paid 1,300USD for a fitting for 2 people and to have gotten myself so worked up over a simple job ...I deserve to get a full refund on the fitting and a discount on our orders... or am I crazy to feel this way?

I emailed their director to stop the order before this gets more complicated. Dealing with this aftermath is going to be fun.

A list of things that went belly up:
- grip size too big
- 5 emails ignored

At the price you paid and trouble and distance travelled you took to have the TM experience, shame on them, not wonder the golf industry struggles they just don't seem to understand the customer service element

#4 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 6213

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:47 AM

Long story short - Play Titleist.

#5 GolfTurkey

GolfTurkey

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448908
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:48 AM

Sounds awful, also sounds like way too little time was taken to do a proper driver, iron, wedge and fairway fitting.

I had the whole bag fitted at one of the independent companies and it was expensive but the attention to detail was excellent (no mistakes or follow up required).

#6 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3007

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:02 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 10 August 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

Long story short - Play Titleist.

Amen to that scratch!
Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

#7 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7139
GolfWRX Likes : 1765

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:32 AM

Sad to read this.........I hope someone from Taylormade reads this and takes appropriate action to make this right.

#8 Bodles

Bodles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446674
  • Handicap:8.2
  • Ebay ID:NX963
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:57 AM

That sounds totally unprofessional IMHO, personally I'm not a huge TM fan, but from what you've said they didn't and don't care much about you.
A friend of mine had a TM fitting a few years ago here in Australia, it was at a high end golf club with track man and lots of shafts etc, his shafts were I think tipped (?) or something, I don't really know that much about the tech side like that, but over the course of 2 years all those iron shafts broke, they were replaced free of charge, and those ones broke too, then the set was replaced, and yep half of them ended up snapping off near the hosel as well.

Finally he emailed the head TM guy here in Australia telling him the story and complaining and asking what he was going to do about it and why would he ever consider purchasing any TM equipment in the future. Well to his credit the head honcho got int touch with my friend very quickly and after speaking to him, getting details etc arranged a complete tour style fitting at their center in Melbourne (state capital) with a free replacement set of irons and wedges, all the latest product and delivered within 10 days, he came through and ever since my friend has been very happy with no problems.

I myself had a Mizuno fitting for irons (our pro has the Mizuno fitting training with DNA and also Trackman certified) this fitting went over an hour with MANY different shafts and all the heads and he gave me the 6 iron he made up from the cart to my specs to take away for a week to use before I made my decision, it was a great experience and I don't regret the purchase.

I hope you get satisfaction with this poor and unfortunate issue, will be interested to hear how it works out.
Ping G400 LST - Project X Black 6.5 75gram
Mizuno CLK #2 Hybrid at 14 degrees - Speeder Evolution 75 stiff
Callaway Big Bertha 18 degree hybrid at 17 degrees - Recoil F4 Shaft
Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal Irons 4-PW - Project X LZ 5.5 115 gram
Mizuno MP-T5 50, 54, 60 degree Wedges
Rife IBF Aussie Tour Edition putter

#9 MarkAJones

MarkAJones

Jonesy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393504
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

You'd think that anyone they greet at what is effectively their "flagship store" would get proper treatment. I guess to them they don't care whether you've flown 5000 miles or come from around the corner but for me I'd have maybe laid on a few extras - certainly I'd have made sure you got treated better than that
Hart Common Golf Club, Westhoughton, United Kingdom

WITB:

Driver:
TaylorMade 2017 M1 HZRDUS Stiff
TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #2 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 16
TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #3 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 19
TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #4 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 22
Ping i200 Irons 5 - PW AWT 2.0 Stiff Green dot +1inch
Wedge 1:
Ping Glide 50 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1inch
Wedge 2:
Ping Glide 54 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.25inch
Wedge 3:
Ping Glide 58 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.50inch
Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence 375g

Gamer Ball: Bridgestone B330RXS

#10 lenman73

lenman73

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83832
GolfWRX Likes : 480

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

I am literally speechless that anyone would give such poor service at that price range.  I am sorry for your experience and hope they come to their senses and make it right for you without too much more agrevation.

Edited by lenman73, 10 August 2018 - 08:29 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 03trdblack

03trdblack

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3549
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 792

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

That is crazy! I got a fitting there back in 2013 and my experience was completely different from what you described. I had an amazing day and felt like I was a member of their tour staff.

I have heard rumors that TM has gone way downhill since being purchased. People are saying that they are a nightmare to work with and back orders and mistakes are the norm now. Really sad it's gone downhill this way and unfortunate you had a sup par experience.

Edited by 03trdblack, 10 August 2018 - 08:35 AM.

#12 pinestreetgolf

pinestreetgolf

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,064 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435010
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:butlerj_dickinson
GolfWRX Likes : 1874

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

View Post03trdblack, on 10 August 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

back orders and mistakes are the norm now. Really sad it's gone downhill this way and unfortunate you had a sup par experience.

A few months ago I met a really nice guy who was a TM rep.  Got me a discount on a new driver.  He told me to just pick out my options and text him a screenshot of the cart.  I did so, and got 25% off.  All good.

The head was one degree off (too low).  The adapter was red (I looked it up, apparently its flatter than a normal adapter.  I didn't choose this option.).  I had picked a Z-Grip, my favorite grip and one i use on 13 clubs, and it somehow came with a midsize (!) Winn Dry Tac grip.  The driver was right (M4) and the shaft was right (Atmos Red X) but they didn't cut it down (I ordered 44.5" it came stock).

Went right to the BST.  No time for that nonsense when the 910D2 is already bombing it.

I love their old rescues but once those come out it'll be a while before taylormade gets in the bag again.  Such a let down after being excited for a true custom driver.
ping G10 ust V2 classic
(currently auditioning candidates)
burner tour launch 3 (20*) & 4 (23*) hybrids s300
j40 dpc 5-pw s300
vokey 50 54 58 s300
ping pal2

#13 lenman73

lenman73

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83832
GolfWRX Likes : 480

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:02 AM

With the tour players they have in their stable, you would think they would try a little harder to show the consuming public why the pros play their gear. But it seems as though they are doing a half assed job of that.  I am a fan of the tm products I have had this far but may reconsider any future purchases.

#14 pierso2

pierso2

Shooters Shoot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222023
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1006

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:09 AM

Wow what a terrible fitting! I worked as a club fitter at PGA superstore for a bit and I'd think even our worst fitter would still have given you a better setup and at least you wouldn't have been out the money for the fitting itself!

I did a custom order M4 earlier this year and they messed it up royally too. Sad to see TM go downhill so quickly with their custom order process. That'll lose a ton of customers for them! Just goes to show buying off the rack and then picking up shafts and tweaking on your own is actually better.

Hope you enjoyed your time here in the states aside from the fitting!
Option 1
Taylormade M4 9.5 Tensei CK Blue 70x
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2

#15 jonn443

jonn443

Jonnystx

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
GolfWRX Likes : 988

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostInvisible-z, on 10 August 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

Summary of our $1,300 (2 pax) experience at The Kingdom by Taylormade in Carlsbad

The short version:
- grip size too big
- 5 emails ignored

The long version:
I was very excited about my fitting at the Kingdom. I've had a good fitting experience down at Titleist TPI just next door about 6 years ago. The experience was amazing. I read great things about Taylormade fitting too at the Kingdom and given their recent marketing effort I had high hopes. It
wasawhooping $650 pp but if the fitting is as good as the one I got down at Titleist, I'd say its worth it.

Anyway, so here we go.

On the day of the fitting, we got an email from the receptionist asking us to send in our CC for authorization at8AM. I replied promptly and approved the authorization. Small hiccup she probably forgot but its all good!

Was that a rhetorical question because I just authorized the payment like an hour ago. A little rude but no biggie I thought. After the check-in, we were told the Kingdom is at a different location so we had to drive across the street to get there. OK, so now we were 25 minutes late when we go to Kingdom's front door.

Below
thetimeare fairly accurate because I had time stamps on all my photos

August 1st -
day of fitting
10AM
intro, warm-up, etc.

1015AM

1045AM

1215PM

1230PM

1240PM
Got my spec sheets and we were done. I was told to make the order through them because Kingdom orders tend to be faster (I later verified with TM sales that this is not true). The only difference is it comes out of a different account (ie e-commerce vs wholesale) but its essentially the same speed. TIM sales told me though I should get a discount of ordering through the Kingdom. Well, we didn't get any.

9PM

August 2nd - Thursday

August 3rd - Friday

August 6th - Monday

August 7th - Tuesday
I decided to call the fitter the following day to
further clarify on the shaft choices and close out on all outstanding questions so we can move the order along.

The response I got about one of his shaft choices was along the lines of "I am not too sure about the shaft profile actually. I didn't read up on them but I know you needed something low spin. I really don't know those shafts too well but you could go with either one. You hit the ball well enough and they would fit you. Pick one of them".

Umm... seriously? Is that why I flew halfway around the world and pay $650 bucks to get this sort of answer. For a moment I wondered if he was just toying with me because I know he had worked there for quite some time. By the way, the shaft I was mentioning is Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series shaft. I wasn't sure if I was getting the pro or normal version. The cost of the shaft upcharge for pro version was $200. After the call, I still wasn't sure which I was specced for because he didn't know which version he fitted me for. WTF.

August 8th - Wednesday

Well, OK I wanted to get this done while I am still on US time, so I called the receptionist to follow up on the issue since its now administrative related work and I am guessing she would put in the order. By that time, I was on literally sitting in a plane that was
about to takeoff back to Asia. She immediately sent me the invoice w/ breakdown (thank god) immediately. I hung up and I looked through it. Guess what? THERE WERE MISTAKES ALL OVER THE ORDER!!! Before the plane took off, I emailed her immediately to amend the order. The email was sent before I shut off my phone.

August 9th - Friday (Asia time)
I am back in my home country after a long flight and 15 hour time difference. Opened up my email with no reply to my email. I emailed the receptionist and told her to cancel her order while I make the order on my own. She later wrote me a somewhat angry email stating "I’m a little confused at what your expectations are at this point considering I have had no access to email". OK, well she said mentioned TM email has been down on Tuesday but honestly not my problem. Someone on your team made a mistake. Fix it. At least that's how good teams function.

I emailed their director to stop the order before this gets more complicated. Dealing with this aftermath is going to be so fun, especially with a 15 hour time difference.

I hope they will
come their senses... I really look forward to what happens next... :telephone:

First off, holy monologue.

Secondly, you deserve $$$$ back... At LEAST 25% for that miscarriage of professionalism.

Shocking.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

#16 Chip_Unsure

Chip_Unsure

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22044
  • Ebay ID:robbarrons
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:32 AM

That service is terrible, however this is the part that is almost the most concerning

1045AM

That is NOT a FITTING, that is a demo!  You could walk into any half decent golf store, anywhere in the world and get close to that level of “fitting”.  Either they fit you perfectly first go, or they didn’t give a sh!t…. I’ve been to a fitting where we hit a good result on irons almost immediately, then spent the next hour on various other head/ shaft combo’s to prove the initial result was spot on.

I’d be demanding the fitting feel back and I would not have even considered placing an order off of that experience.

I truly feel for you given the travel commitment of time and money.

Of course I’d give TM the chance to somehow make right the situation, but just refunding the fitting fees does not even come close.
TM M1 2017 9.5° w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0
Titleist 917f2 or TM M1 2017 both 15° w/ Fujikura Pro84 stiff
Titleist 816H1 18 w/ speeder 9.8 tour spec stiff.
Bridgestone j15 w/ KBS Tour V X soft-stepped
Vokey SM6 50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
Bridgestone Mini Staff bag

#17 Corifto

Corifto

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 508516
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

OP that is horrible. I also hope to see some resolution for this.

View Postpierso2, on 10 August 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Wow what a terrible fitting! I worked as a club fitter at PGA superstore for a bit and I'd think even our worst fitter would still have given you a better setup and at least you wouldn't have been out the money for the fitting itself!

I did a custom order M4 earlier this year and they messed it up royally too. Sad to see TM go downhill so quickly with their custom order process. That'll lose a ton of customers for them! Just goes to show buying off the rack and then picking up shafts and tweaking on your own is actually better.

Hope you enjoyed your time here in the states aside from the fitting!
As a new player and someone getting a PGA Superstore soon, would you mind if I PM you a few questions?

#18 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6957

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:17 AM

Sounds a lot bizarre to me.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#19 DRRicks

DRRicks

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1015

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:41 AM

TaylorMade’s CS is abysmal since they broke away from Adidas. I tried to contact them multiple times over a few week period and received no response. I finally gave up and ordered a bunch of equipment from another OEM. What else can you do?
Driver: Titleist TS2, Hzrdus Smoke 60
3 Wood: Titleist TS2, Rogue Black 70
5 Wood: Titleist TS3, EvenFlow Blue 75
3 Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 21* loft. Atmos TS8
4-9: Titleist 718 AP2, Dynamic Gold 105
PW: Vokey SM7 Raw 46.10, Dynamic Gold 115
GW: Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08, Dynamic Gold 115
LW: Vokey SM7 Raw 58.04, Dynamic Gold 115
Putter: Odyssey O-Works Black #7
Ball: Titleist ProV1

#20 NoTalentLefty

NoTalentLefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204451
GolfWRX Likes : 1477

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

As they say: Nuts and Bolts, Nuts and Bolts, you got screwed.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
6-GW Titleist AP1s
53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
58 degree SW Vokey SM6
Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 magnus7319

magnus7319

A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65254
  • Handicap:+2.2
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

Ask for a refund. That’s bush league. Put them on blast. Put this out on FB and IG etc. Their customer service might suck these days but no company likes a review this negative out on social media. Squeaky wheel and all that...
M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
Some driving iron for my home Links course
Titleist Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2 or Pings
A Vokey wedge or 2
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

#22 cardia10

cardia10

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11435
GolfWRX Likes : 455

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, social media is a powerful customer service tool. I hate that because I do like their product, but makes me think twice about ordering anything direct. Callaway is hard to beat for customer service.

#23 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:Knee
GolfWRX Likes : 3348

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

Bob Parsons would never allow this to happen.
PXG 0811X Driver - AD-GP 7X
PXG 0341X Fairway - AD-GP 8X
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 120X
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 120X
PXG Brandon H - 33.5”
PXG Bat Attack H - 33.5”
PXG Operator H - 33.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag

KaBoom Baby!

#24 WV-Hick

WV-Hick

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13065
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:22 PM

I'd be filing a complaint with your credit card company. You didn't get what you paid for.

#25 BiggErn

BiggErn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 781

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

View Postmagnus7319, on 10 August 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Ask for a refund. That’s bush league. Put them on blast. Put this out on FB and IG etc. Their customer service might suck these days but no company likes a review this negative out on social media. Squeaky wheel and all that...

Better Business Bureau complaint has always worked for me. I just ordered some clubs from TM and when I called a couple times to ask for the status they seemed more than happy to help. Maybe one of those outlier situations but obviously needs to be corrected.

#26 golfgirlrobin

golfgirlrobin

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 247221
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4541

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:37 PM

View Postcardia10, on 10 August 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

Yeah, social media is a powerful customer service tool. I hate that because I do like their product, but makes me think twice about ordering anything direct. Callaway is hard to beat for customer service.

Callaway’s great in that they don’t mind fixing their mistakes.  Bought a 7-iron set of XR’s from them that showed up with three different shafts, incorrect grips and missing an iron.  They happily fixed it but you wonder how it happened to begin with.

If I’d flown halfway around the world for service like the OP got, I’d cancel everything, dispute the credit card charge and play a different brand.
Driver:     Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Fairway:  Callaway Rogue 15*, 20* & 24*
Irons:       TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
Wedges:  Callaway PM Grind 59* & 64*
Putter:      Ping Sigma G Ketsch B

#27 bkirkley09

bkirkley09

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475662
  • Handicap:20+
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

I would blast them on social media and send other companies the link with an opportunity to remedy TMs mistakes and show you how a company can get it right! Could have been an awesome experience which makes it that much worse. If you walk into big box you don’t expect the world but it doesn’t cost the world either.

#28 C-rad

C-rad

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292245
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:18 PM

It bugs me that we always hear " get fit ". I did it and paid for it twice. It was a horrible experience each time.
Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 915 f 16.5*
Titleist 915 h 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Titleist sm6 52.12f 58.10s

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

#29 SlamminSamuel

SlamminSamuel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375230
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

View PostC-rad, on 10 August 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

It bugs me that we always hear " get fit ". I did it and paid for it twice. It was a horrible experience each time.
This kinda stuff is the reason I'll probably always play off the rack.
TM Aeroburner Driver - 10.5
TM Rocketballz 3W - 15
TM SLDR 4H - 21
TM 2011 Rescue - 23.5
Ping S55 Orange Dot
Mizuno Bettinardi C-02 33.5"

#30 craz-e

craz-e

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39596
GolfWRX Likes : 725

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

What should have a been a trip and experience of a lifetime turned into a bit of a nightmare, so sorry to read your post. I have often thought about making a lengthy trip similar to yours but your experience certainly makes me question that.
I know reading peoples experiences on here there have been some truly memorable (for the right reasons) fitting sessions, and the odd bad experience mixed in.

Hope it all gets worked out for you.

Driver = Titleist TS3, Even Flow White 6.0 (44.5")
5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
Ball = Titleist AVX

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors