Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Critique my Swing (please!)

35 replies to this topic

#31 mikpga

mikpga

www.mikedeitersgolf.com

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20303
GolfWRX Likes : 657

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

View Postmacedan, on 06 August 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

Hey all, recently my swing has fallen completely off the map. I attributed it mostly to a very very large lateral slide. Since trying to incorporate a more rotational Swing I have been climbing back closer to where I was but am not quite there yet.

My usual miss is fat and/or right. I never hook but may occasionally pull one very low. I feel like my backswing may be too steep, but I am not the best at critiquing myself. Just looking for another set of eyes on my swing and some ideas about what to work on. Thanks!

Both videos are of the same shot with an 8 iron.

https://youtu.be/PxxvcDqgS_0
https://youtu.be/YqhrXd4xaTE

Both videos are DTL.  Would like to see FO.

From my experience most golfers have plenty of rotation, and you're stating you're attempting to eliminate lateral sliding.  Is your lateral sliding in the back swing or forward swing?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 macedan

macedan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 503368
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:07 AM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 10 October 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Still needs a lot more right wrist bend.

This aspect still has me slightly confused, I apologize. Dorsiflexion, like more bend towards the top side of my right forearm?
Nike VRS-Covert 11.5*
Taylormade R7 Steel 15*
Taylormade Aeroburner 18*
Taylormade Rescue 11 21*
Taylormade Rocketbladez (5-PW)
Cleveland CBX 50/11
Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10
Cleveland RTX-3 58/9
Taylormade Spider Tour Black
Taylormade RBZ Urethane | Project A
Bag: Taylormade Flextech Lite Black/Green

#33 jut111

jut111

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205837
GolfWRX Likes : 1019

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

View Postmacedan, on 11 October 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 10 October 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Still needs a lot more right wrist bend.

This aspect still has me slightly confused, I apologize. Dorsiflexion, like more bend towards the top side of my right forearm?

Yes exactly

#34 chigolfer1

chigolfer1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167725
GolfWRX Likes : 238

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

View Postmikpga, on 10 October 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

View Postmacedan, on 06 August 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

Hey all, recently my swing has fallen completely off the map. I attributed it mostly to a very very large lateral slide. Since trying to incorporate a more rotational Swing I have been climbing back closer to where I was but am not quite there yet.

My usual miss is fat and/or right. I never hook but may occasionally pull one very low. I feel like my backswing may be too steep, but I am not the best at critiquing myself. Just looking for another set of eyes on my swing and some ideas about what to work on. Thanks!

Both videos are of the same shot with an 8 iron.

https://youtu.be/PxxvcDqgS_0
https://youtu.be/YqhrXd4xaTE

Both videos are DTL.  Would like to see FO.

From my experience most golfers have plenty of rotation, and you're stating you're attempting to eliminate lateral sliding.  Is your lateral sliding in the back swing or forward swing?

Most golfers have plenty of rotation?   That's very surprising to me.  Are you coaching higher caliber players for the most part?

#35 Mosh96

Mosh96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 420052
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:20 AM

Hi Macedan,
Congrats on playing better. I was just reading through this thread and it seems like you’ve made some good changes. As Monte said work on getting more bend in that right wrist which will help flatten your left wrist. Also you get a little across the line at the top but it has improved, the wrists will help with this some as well but feel as if the toe at the top is pointing a little more left towards the target. If you work on these things it should also help you to get less flippy at impact and get more compression on the ball. It looks like you kinda scoop the ball still and I doubt you normally take much of a divot.  Good job and best of luck to you.

#36 mstram

mstram

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186462
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:56 AM

View Postmacedan, on 05 September 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have finally been able to upload a video from a face on angle.

I find most of my misses are fat and largely blocks/push fades. I find I am flipping at the ball and cannot keep my head steady in my backswing. I’m trying to work on an earlier wrist set but can’t seem to get a feel for it.

https://youtu.be/QSHlM1GVP24

http://www.golfwrx.c...est-drill-ever/

You don't need to actually let go (really throw) the club (in the "best drill ever").

Simply making a "natural"  underhand / sidearm "throwing motion" should give you the idea.

Making waist height "baseball swings" with "spaghetti arms"  (pivot driven) also gives a similar feeling.

Edited by mstram, 13 October 2018 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors