Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Make switch to PXG?

140 replies to this topic

#61 djfalcone

djfalcone

Exceptionally Average

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136969
  • Ebay ID:falconeusmc
GolfWRX Likes : 576

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:57 PM

View PostGSDriver, on 06 August 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

I just couldn't justify spending $3K on a set of irons, even half that, unless custom fitted seems ridiculous, but if can afford it, go for it.....then again, there's always Epon and Miura

I've played Miura's and while yes they feel great and look amazing - the PXG's destroyed these in almost every category for me in the sense of performance. Since I'm not Tiger or Rory I needed a bit of help. I personally got fit for the JPX 900 Tour and the PXG's - Club champion wanted $2300 for the irons (didn't do that of course) so instead I took the same specs from my fitting went to PXG for the Hero program and paid less than $900. Way cheaper than even a brand new set of AP2's. I did an entire bag for about $1300 less than the 3K you mentioned. Not arguing or anything, just wanted to share my experience.

PXG 0811X
PXG 0341
PXG 0317
PXG 0311T 4-PW
PXG 0311 50/54/60
EXO7s
ProV1X

Instagram : danieljfalcone

http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1262

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:01 PM

View Postdjfalcone, on 06 August 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

View PostGSDriver, on 06 August 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

I just couldn't justify spending $3K on a set of irons, even half that, unless custom fitted seems ridiculous, but if can afford it, go for it.....then again, there's always Epon and Miura

I've played Miura's and while yes they feel great and look amazing - the PXG's destroyed these in almost every category for me in the sense of performance. Since I'm not Tiger or Rory I needed a bit of help. I personally got fit for the JPX 900 Tour and the PXG's - Club champion wanted $2300 for the irons (didn't do that of course) so instead I took the same specs from my fitting went to PXG for the Hero program and paid less than $900. Way cheaper than even a brand new set of AP2's. I did an entire bag for about $1300 less than the 3K you mentioned. Not arguing or anything, just wanted to share my experience.

THIS! I was fitted Ping and took same specs also...just irons

#63 USGA22

USGA22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135509
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:12 PM

I recently purchased a set GEN 1 PXG 0311 irons ( 5-GW and 0311 54 and 58 wedges) the irons are standard all the way around  with C-Taper Lite stiff shafts and the wedges have KBS Hi-Rev 2.0.

I have 36 holes in with the PXG irons and wedges (HERO Program) and I will express my feelings about the irons as they compare to my TM P-770's with the same exact shaft and a 54 MG wedge with a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 and a 58 Hi-toe with a KBS HI-Rev 2.0. The P-770's are 1 degree strong set by TM.

The PXG irons feel great on center strikes, but feel pretty bad (dull) on off center strikes. The ball flight with the PXG is really flat. They spin well and all the irons I hit into the green seem to hold fine, I use the AVX ball. The wedges are really good, feel, and spin great around the greens, though the profile of the wedge is smaller than the TM MG. Overall great looking clubs that feel ok.

The TM 770's seem more responsive, they spin more, and the overall height of the shots are considerably higher that the PXG's. I personally feel the TM irons feel better, and the misses are more playable for me. Not sure of any loft difference in the clubs.

I really appreciate the HERO program, not sure they stay in the bag.

Edited by USGA22, 06 August 2018 - 11:17 PM.

#64 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:01 AM

View PostUSGA22, on 06 August 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

I recently purchased a set GEN 1 PXG 0311 irons ( 5-GW and 0311 54 and 58 wedges) the irons are standard all the way around  with C-Taper Lite stiff shafts and the wedges have KBS Hi-Rev 2.0.

I have 36 holes in with the PXG irons and wedges (HERO Program) and I will express my feelings about the irons as they compare to my TM P-770's with the same exact shaft and a 54 MG wedge with a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 and a 58 Hi-toe with a KBS HI-Rev 2.0. The P-770's are 1 degree strong set by TM.

The PXG irons feel great on center strikes, but feel pretty bad (dull) on off center strikes. The ball flight with the PXG is really flat. They spin well and all the irons I hit into the green seem to hold fine, I use the AVX ball. The wedges are really good, feel, and spin great around the greens, though the profile of the wedge is smaller than the TM MG. Overall great looking clubs that feel ok.

The TM 770's seem more responsive, they spin more, and the overall height of the shots are considerably higher that the PXG's. I personally feel the TM irons feel better, and the misses are more playable for me. Not sure of any loft difference in the clubs.

Yes lofts are stronger in 0311s....2 degrees in mid and long....1 degree in short...I ordered mine in lofts to fit my game....retro we can call it

#65 JustinM

JustinM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259728
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:Themorg3300
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:28 AM

I would assume your ball flight is flat because you’re using the AVX ball. That’s what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

#66 USGA22

USGA22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135509
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:33 AM

I should have mentioned I did mix in A TP5 for a few holes, pretty much same flight characteristics.

#67 percymon

percymon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29744
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:04 AM

With the prices on the HERO programme its a bit of a no brainer, heck what have you got to lose - PXG obviously dont want people to buy and immediately list on eBay to make a buck or two.

Yes, its older models and no doubt diminishing stock but for TM money you get , lets say to save the age old arguments, similar performance.

I've had my 0311/0311T combo set for over a year and whilst i don't think i got the optimum shaft for me, I'm more than happy with them.  Off centre hits can be a bit dull, but the ball flight and end result are much better than they deserve to be more often than not.  I had a 0811 driver, but it spun too much for me even with a whiteboard  (thats as much my swing as the club itself), but ultimately with little to no run out it wasn't the driver for me.

Hero programme/ close out sale - call it whatever you want - its just a case of do you want them at $125/club, versus other premium irons. It's no longer a price argument.  

Hope y'all happy with your purchases ;)

#68 Swisstrader98

Swisstrader98

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170802
GolfWRX Likes : 904

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:39 AM

At that price, buy them at heros discount and then sell the on eBay for a tidy profit:)

On a more serious note and changing it up a bit, at that price point you should consider a set of Epon irons. I had my mind set on PXGs and they just felt super harsh upon impact. Fitter handed me an Epon iron and it was worlds away soft and tons of feel and crazy tight dispersion. Ive always heard about the allusive marshmallow on a stick soft feeling but never had that feeling until I hit the epons.

#69 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:49 AM

View PostJustinM, on 07 August 2018 - 05:28 AM, said:

I would assume your ball flight is flat because youre using the AVX ball. Thats what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

ANYONE else this flatter flight? I'm starting to get buyer's remorse.....
The i210 guarantees me that window I desire..

Even though I feel comfortable in the research I put into pxg, I never got the opportunity to hit them....ugh

#70 JustinM

JustinM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:06 AM

View PostSwooshLT, on 07 August 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

I would assume your ball flight is flat because youre using the AVX ball. Thats what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

Even though I feel comfortable in the research I put into pxg, I never got the opportunity to hit them....ugh
I’ll let you know when they come in probably 10 days or so :) From my research and YouTube videos I haven’t see anyone saying it’s a flat ball flight. Especially with the 0311. The 0311T variant is supposed to be flatter flight though. At least it states that on PXGs website. I think it really depends on your swing and the ball your using. Recent tests I’ve seen online, the ball is a huge difference maker. This is just from my research as I haven’t hit them yet. I will say that my 0341 3 wood does not disappoint.

I actually wouldn’t mind a flatter flight as I’m a high ball hitter in general.

Edited by JustinM, 07 August 2018 - 07:08 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 Tiptx1122

Tiptx1122

TMPing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35809
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:48 AM

The Hero's program is the way to go as I've said it in other post that the Gen 2's should be offered for the same price or maybe $150 more but not what the asking price is. It ridiculous what Parson's want for a new set of Gen 2's. I appreciate your honesty as not many people are brave enough to admit that they are just another set of nice irons but way overpriced. What the Hero's programs is offering is maybe all they are worth but Wow! Bob sure filled his pockets while everyone paid full price till this program.

Edited by Tiptx1122, 07 August 2018 - 07:52 AM.

#72 Tiptx1122

Tiptx1122

TMPing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:51 AM

View PostSwisstrader98, on 07 August 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

At that price, buy them at hero's discount and then sell the on eBay for a tidy profit:)

On a more serious note and changing it up a bit, at that price point you should consider a set of Epon irons. I had my mind set on PXG's and they just felt super harsh upon impact. Fitter handed me an Epon iron and it was worlds away soft and tons of feel and crazy tight dispersion. I've always heard about the allusive marshmallow on a stick soft feeling but never had that feeling until I hit the epons.
Now your someone who know whats he talking about as Epon irons are some of the best as that is where my money would go

#73 Tiptx1122

Tiptx1122

TMPing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostBiggErn, on 05 August 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

I just now realized that I just paid a little more for a set of P790’s than I would’ve for a set of PXGs.
True but don't forget the Gen 1's are going on 3 years now as I know if you ever wanted to own a set of PXG's the Hero's program is the way to go as they sure were not worth the asking price when they came out.

#74 sdandrea

sdandrea

Steve

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1070

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostSwooshLT, on 05 August 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 05 August 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

View Postmbbrewer, on 05 August 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Saw on my FB you can order the gen one irons online for limited
Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!

Not to nitpick, but did you mean "semantics"?
Taylormade Superfast 2.0 10.5*
Cobra Baffler 4H, 6H
PING G400 7-UW
PING Tour S Rustique 56* SW
Scotty Fastback
"Never buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it"

#75 bogeypro

bogeypro

The Original Bogeypro

• 2,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Handicap:+1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1427

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:26 AM

Has anyone else noticed how reviews on PXG change depending on price paid?  When people are paying full price for the PXG, that they say they are greatest thing since sliced bread.  Compare that to when people get them at a discounted rate that is more in line with other irons.  Then, you begin to hear how they may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread and how they may not be better than other options out there.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5*
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titleist 917 F2 5 wood
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey SM6 52f/58m
putter: who knows... I 3 putt with all of them

#76 JustinM

JustinM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:52 AM

View Postbogeypro, on 07 August 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Has anyone else noticed how reviews on PXG change depending on price paid?  When people are paying full price for the PXG, that they say they are greatest thing since sliced bread.  Compare that to when people get them at a discounted rate that is more in line with other irons.  Then, you begin to hear how they may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread and how they may not be better than other options out there.

Nope not really. It could be that the people that bought full price had a full fitting and got the right shaft and lie. The people (me) are just buying with the specs we think we should have. Sometimes that doesn’t work out.

#77 bogeypro

bogeypro

The Original Bogeypro

• 2,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Handicap:+1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1427

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostJustinM, on 07 August 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

Nope not really. It could be that the people that bought full price had a full fitting and got the right shaft and lie. The people (me) are just buying with the specs we think we should have. Sometimes that doesn’t work out.

that's an interesting perspective.  Honestly, I didn't think about it that way.....   great point!
Titleist 917 D3 9.5*
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titleist 917 F2 5 wood
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey SM6 52f/58m
putter: who knows... I 3 putt with all of them

#78 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

View Postsdandrea, on 07 August 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

View PostSwooshLT, on 05 August 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostBiggErn, on 05 August 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

View Postmbbrewer, on 05 August 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Saw on my FB you can order the gen one irons online for limited
Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!

Not to nitpick, but did you mean "semantics"?

Semantics might be the proper term....but I was truly thinking schematics from a diagram concept.....but again semantics probably is the term

#79 BiggErn

BiggErn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 581

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:53 AM

View PostTiptx1122, on 07 August 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

I just now realized that I just paid a little more for a set of P790’s than I would’ve for a set of PXGs.
True but don't forget the Gen 1's are going on 3 years now as I know if you ever wanted to own a set of PXG's the Hero's program is the way to go as they sure were not worth the asking price when they came out.

I just broke it down.

Hero program PXG with discount
5-GW  $875
Tax  $53
S/H $60
Total $988

TM P790 with discount
5-AW  $967
Tax. $69
S/H Free  (but did 1 day for $20)
Total $1056

Conservatively add $50 to the PXG due to the grips being immediately removed and replaced. If there had been no upcharge for black and quicker turnaround I may have went PXG.

#80 djfalcone

djfalcone

Exceptionally Average

• 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136969
  • Ebay ID:falconeusmc
GolfWRX Likes : 576

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

No issues with me on the flatter flight. Probably because I got fit.

PXG 0811X
PXG 0341
PXG 0317
PXG 0311T 4-PW
PXG 0311 50/54/60
EXO7s
ProV1X

Instagram : danieljfalcone

http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 RN4LGolfer

RN4LGolfer

• 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385142
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Put "PXG" in the title of a thread and guaranteed to get at least one hater on the thread that talks about price when OB says he doesn't care about price, and then claims he's not a hater. SMH
Callaway GBB RED EPIC 10.5*
Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
Callaway Epic Hybrid
Callaway Epic Gold Star 4 iron
PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
Vokey SM6 50*
Vokey SM6 54*
Vokey SM6 58*
Scotty Cameron Tour 009M

#82 RN4LGolfer

RN4LGolfer

• 105 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

I would assume your ball flight is flat because you're using the AVX ball. That's what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

Nope, I got fitted by a mobile PXG truck and I have a nice high ball flight. You shouldn't be worried if you got fitted. Flat ball flight usually not fitted or the way someone strikes the ball.

I have played the AVX and they have a lower and flat ball flight. Played 2 rounds with them and hated them.
Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
Callaway Epic Hybrid
PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
Vokey SM6 50*
Vokey SM6 54*
Vokey SM6 58*
Scotty Cameron Tour 009M

#83 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostRN4LGolfer, on 07 August 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

I would assume your ball flight is flat because you're using the AVX ball. That's what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

Nope, I got fitted by a mobile PXG truck and I have a nice high ball flight. You shouldn't be worried if you got fitted. Flat ball flight usually not fitted or the way someone strikes the ball.

I have played the AVX and they have a lower and flat ball flight. Played 2 rounds with them and hated them.

What shaft did you end up with?

#84 00bolt

00bolt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77153
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the opinions and suggestions. I went ahead and placed my order today. I purchased 5-PW 0311T irons. I had them bent to match my current irons so everything in my bag will continue to flow 4 degrees between each club.  I had them +1/2” (was fitted previously by Edel for wedges) and got the same Modus 120 shaft I was previously fitted for. So although I didn’t do a true PXG fitting. I did get a custom order that should be tailored to me.  Hopefully get everything soon. Can’t wait to hit them.

Plan to keep my TMB 3 and 4 iron and my Miura wedges. So I have quite a mixed bag now.
IG:  golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Adams Tight Lies 2 3 Wood 16°
Titleist 716 TMB 3-4
Titleist 716 CB 5-7
Titleist 716 MB 8-PW
Miura Y Grind 50° K Grind 54°, 58°
Scotty Newport 2.5

#85 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

View Post00bolt, on 07 August 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

Thanks everyone for the opinions and suggestions. I went ahead and placed my order today. I purchased 5-PW 0311T irons. I had them bent to match my current irons so everything in my bag will continue to flow 4 degrees between each club.  I had them +1/2 (was fitted previously by Edel for wedges) and got the same Modus 120 shaft I was previously fitted for. So although I didnt do a true PXG fitting. I did get a custom order that should be tailored to me.  Hopefully get everything soon. Cant wait to hit them.

Plan to keep my TMB 3 and 4 iron and my Miura wedges. So I have quite a mixed bag now.

What lumber you using ?

#86 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1087

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:22 PM

No, not really with the caveat that when something is new, people get excited about them. This is towards the end of my 3rd season with the PXG irons and hybrids. I had a toe-ee issue that has take time to resolve and was surprised by the forgiveness off the toe. I guess for the last 2 seasons I've said they're good irons, very soft feeling, forgiving to an extent, and you get some nice distance. But so does the CF16, which came out in 2016, and other irons. While I like the irons, I even pondered the Ping i500 and i210 - I thought, what the heck, the i500 can be inconsistent, the i210 looks good, but I think PXG gives me just as much. I mean, it's just an iron. The only way for me to justify it a couple of years ago was to keep them 5 seasons or so and then hand them down to my son.

I like their original 0317 hybrid - find the right shaft and it's an excellent club.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● Rogue 4H GD AD HY75, PXG 0317 5H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● PXG 0311 XF 6-PW/Mitsubishi OT 75, Ping Glide 2.0 50, 56ES, 60SS ● Edel E-1/DF Reno

#87 RN4LGolfer

RN4LGolfer

• 105 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

View PostSwooshLT, on 07 August 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

View PostRN4LGolfer, on 07 August 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

What shaft did you end up with?
KBS TGI Tour Graphite shaft. I've had surgery on both shoulders and going to graphite has helped out tremendously
Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
Callaway Epic Hybrid
PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
Vokey SM6 50*
Vokey SM6 54*
Vokey SM6 58*
Scotty Cameron Tour 009M

#88 wchahn

wchahn

Rookie

• 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481496
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:wh08
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:08 PM

I have those shafts in my PXG irons too. Great shafts!

#89 ssfranny

ssfranny

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 415

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:30 AM

View Postcwaf23, on 06 August 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Does anyone know if this hero program is going to be around for ahwhile?  I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on these PXG's since the price is so good but would really like to get fitted first.  Unfortunately a fitting would have to wait until January at this point.

The gen1 inventory should be gone pretty quickly since now anyone can buy online.   I just bought second set haha

#90 ssfranny

ssfranny

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 415

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:33 AM

View PostBiggErn, on 07 August 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostTiptx1122, on 07 August 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

I just now realized that I just paid a little more for a set of P790s than I wouldve for a set of PXGs.

I just broke it down.

Hero program PXG with discount
5-GW  $875
Tax  $53
S/H $60
Total $988

TM P790 with discount
5-AW  $967
Tax. $69
S/H Free  (but did 1 day for $20)
Total $1056

Conservatively add $50 to the PXG due to the grips being immediately removed and replaced. If there had been no upcharge for black and quicker turnaround I may have went PXG.

0311s feel better than 790s no comparison really.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

bluejeeprubi, dhod

GolfWRX Sponsors