Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2018 WGC Bridgestone Invitational - Tuesday #3


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team GolfWRX

  • Marshals
  • 7,929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14
  • Joined: 04/01/2005

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 336

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:34 AM

Is Kisner the only one still playing the Apex Pro on Cally staff? Wonder why he didn't go with newer ones like the rest of them....
Callaway XR 16 (10)
Titleist 915 Fd 3W (15)
Callaway XR 5W (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
Ping i200 (5-W)

Callaway MD2 (52/56/60)
Evnroll ER3

2

#3 TheInfidel

TheInfidel

    Gotta let the Big Dog eat....

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264528
  • Joined: 07/17/2013
  • Location:Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 953

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:44 AM

View Postandrieddle, on 01 August 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

Is Kisner the only one still playing the Apex Pro on Cally staff? Wonder why he didn't go with newer ones like the rest of them....

Noren is too, couple of pics up in this thread.  I think Willet has just changed recently though Pieters is still on them too.
  • Titleist 915D2 10.5* Diamana Blue Board 72 X Flex
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X
  • Adams Idea A7 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, Project X LZ 6.5 +0.5' 4-PW
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 58* S400 +0.5'
  • Odyssey Dual Force 990

3

#4 Lefty28

Lefty28

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168985
  • Joined: 03/12/2012
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:43 AM

Xander's bag is crazy confused. TM, Cally, Vokey,

4

#5 awtryau89

awtryau89

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23272
  • Joined: 12/29/2006
  • Location:Hoschton, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostLefty28, on 01 August 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Xander's bag is crazy confused. TM, Cally, Vokey,

I just wonder how Callaway is going to promote him if he wins a big event. Something like "Using all Callaway headcovers and bag, with our logo on his hat, Xander dominates to win The Open". I'm thinking Taylormade would be the big winner there and get a bigger boost in sales by touting a major competitors staffer has to use our clubs to win. That's got to be a conundrum.

Edited by awtryau89, 01 August 2018 - 07:40 AM.


5

#6 RonSwanson

RonSwanson

    Honor: if you need it defined, you donít have it.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122232
  • Joined: 02/14/2011
  • Location:Alexandria, VA
  • Handicap:Kids
GolfWRX Likes : 672

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

View Postawtryau89, on 01 August 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

View PostLefty28, on 01 August 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Xander's bag is crazy confused. TM, Cally, Vokey,

I just wonder how Callaway is going to promote him if he wins a big event. Something like "Using all Callaway headcovers and bag, with our logo on his hat, Xander dominates to win The Open". I'm thinking Taylormade would be the big winner there and get a bigger boost in sales by touting a major competitors staffer has to use our clubs to win. That's got to be a conundrum.

I believe his woods, 3 iron, 52*, putter and ball are all under the Callaway umbrella. It's not ideal for Callaway that he is still playing the p750s and a couple vokeys, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Ping G400 Max 9* - Rogue 130 70 TX
Titleist TS2 18* - Diamana D+ Limited 90 TX
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-9 - Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 47, 51, 56, 61
Carbon Project Roulette Custom

6

#7 TLUBulldogGolf

TLUBulldogGolf

    Sasquatch

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32821
  • Joined: 06/25/2007
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Handicap:+2.8
  • Ebay ID:ajvesey08
GolfWRX Likes : 360

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

That 009 is beautiful.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
Titleist 917 F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White 100-TX
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 54* S Grind PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 60* M Grind X100
Odyssey Works #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT

7

#8 awtryau89

awtryau89

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23272
  • Joined: 12/29/2006
  • Location:Hoschton, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostRonSwanson, on 01 August 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

View Postawtryau89, on 01 August 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

View PostLefty28, on 01 August 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Xander's bag is crazy confused. TM, Cally, Vokey,

I just wonder how Callaway is going to promote him if he wins a big event. Something like "Using all Callaway headcovers and bag, with our logo on his hat, Xander dominates to win The Open". I'm thinking Taylormade would be the big winner there and get a bigger boost in sales by touting a major competitors staffer has to use our clubs to win. That's got to be a conundrum.

I believe his woods, 3 iron, 52*, putter and ball are all under the Callaway umbrella. It's not ideal for Callaway that he is still playing the p750s and a couple vokeys, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Not sure about his fairways and driving iron but I know he is playing a TM driver. I saw it in the pics from The Open.

8

#9 drvrwdge

drvrwdge

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,816 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130591
  • Joined: 06/12/2011
  • Location:757
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

The only people that know Xander isnt playing all Callaway are people on this site. Perception is reality and the hat and bag give your average fan/consumer the perception that he is playing Callaway. From what I've heard he's testing Cally stuff but not to keen on making the switch in the thick of the season.
Ping G400 8.5 LST Kuro Kage XT 60TX
Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
Ping G 17.5 Blueboard 83x
Free Agent
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES
Ping Anser Redwood/Sigma Craz-E
ProV1x

9

#10 RonSwanson

RonSwanson

    Honor: if you need it defined, you donít have it.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122232
  • Joined: 02/14/2011
  • Location:Alexandria, VA
  • Handicap:Kids
GolfWRX Likes : 672

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:46 PM

View Postawtryau89, on 01 August 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostRonSwanson, on 01 August 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

View Postawtryau89, on 01 August 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

View PostLefty28, on 01 August 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Xander's bag is crazy confused. TM, Cally, Vokey,

I just wonder how Callaway is going to promote him if he wins a big event. Something like "Using all Callaway headcovers and bag, with our logo on his hat, Xander dominates to win The Open". I'm thinking Taylormade would be the big winner there and get a bigger boost in sales by touting a major competitors staffer has to use our clubs to win. That's got to be a conundrum.

I believe his woods, 3 iron, 52*, putter and ball are all under the Callaway umbrella. It's not ideal for Callaway that he is still playing the p750s and a couple vokeys, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Not sure about his fairways and driving iron but I know he is playing a TM driver. I saw it in the pics from The Open.

Just noticed it's an M3 in the Wednesday  Bridgestone photos too. I stand corrected.

Ping G400 Max 9* - Rogue 130 70 TX
Titleist TS2 18* - Diamana D+ Limited 90 TX
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-9 - Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 47, 51, 56, 61
Carbon Project Roulette Custom

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Ronnieo

Ronnieo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79123
  • Joined: 04/04/2009
  • Location:Dallas
  • Handicap:+3
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:40 PM

I think itís safe to say every pro on tour these days has a Trackman.

11

#12 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 336

Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostTheInfidel, on 01 August 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

View Postandrieddle, on 01 August 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

Is Kisner the only one still playing the Apex Pro on Cally staff? Wonder why he didn't go with newer ones like the rest of them....

Noren is too, couple of pics up in this thread.  I think Willet has just changed recently though Pieters is still on them too.

I was referring to the original Apex Pro, I believe Kisner is the only one playing those. The rest are on the Apex Pro 16.
Callaway XR 16 (10)
Titleist 915 Fd 3W (15)
Callaway XR 5W (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
Ping i200 (5-W)

Callaway MD2 (52/56/60)
Evnroll ER3

12



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors