Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mizuno mp55 vs mp66

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MizunoMade

MizunoMade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205797
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

Hi guys,

I had a set of mp18 mbís modus 120x but had to sell them due to my wrist acting up on misshits. I bought a used set of mp55 with modus 125s and they feel great, I owned a set prior to the mp5ís but with modus 120x.

They are great clubs and helps my wrist when I strike it bad, but the mp66 have me intrigued and I am thinking of buying a set with modus 125s. How are the mp66 on bad strikes compared to the mp55? I am mostly interested in the feeling on misshits. I never have problems with distance on misshits because when I misshit it is more in the shank department.

I loved the mp18 mb with 120x but my wrist canít take the pain due to a prior injury.

Any ideas?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 MBBG

MBBG

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 281663
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:19 PM

One of the best and cheapest things you can do to lessen pain is buy soft midsize grips. I currently am in love with the GP CP2 wraps in midsize.  If you just want to buy new clubs, do that too!!!
2016 TM TI M2 with Rogue 125 60 TS
Ping G400 3W with stock Alta S
RomaRo Type R 18* with Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 23* with Aerotech i95 S
2013 ONOFF Forged with Modus 125 S
Vokey Cold Forged 51/56*, PM Grind 60* Modus 125 Wedge
Odyssey Works SaberTooth
Tartan Ogio Recoil stand bag

#3 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 703

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

View PostMBBG, on 01 August 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

One of the best and cheapest things you can do to lessen pain is buy soft midsize grips. I currently am in love with the GP CP2 wraps in midsize.  If you just want to buy new clubs, do that too!!!

+1. The blue CP2 is my favorite grip on all clubs but putter. I go with the standard size with two extra wraps. Firms them up a touch but they still feel good. If I wanted softer would do what you did and get midsize with no wraps.

I find standard grips with no wraps feel too skinny and that also is uncomfortable to me. Grips make a huge difference.

To the OP, Mizunos are great either way. I would not look to the differences in those the 55 vs 66 clubheads regarding any wrist or vibration issues. I am also a fan of the Nippon 125 over the 120. I think the stiff in 125 softstepped ó I play that setup in my Miura CB57ís and it offers awesome feel ó would be more up my alley than the 120x. I tried a modus 105 in X and even though it was lighter, I thought it felt too stout. Sold them. Remember, research shows most golfers play shafts that are too stiff, not the other way around.

One more tip for wrist pain: Donít hit off mats. That bothers my wrists more than anything I would play on the course. Mats sitting on cement pads will make you sore if you pound a lot of range balls.
[size=3]Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches

#4 puresurfr

puresurfr

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14116
GolfWRX Likes : 277

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:05 AM

I have both sets in my regular rotation and the MP55s are more forgiving and the MP66s are a bit more precise, both sets I have however are not stock and im not sure if that affects their forgiveness, my MP55s are reduced offset with square toes and my MP66s are reduced offset with a bunch of other Yoro options....I do have a stock MP55 4 iron and that feels great.....If I was to get a set with max feel and max forgiveness and easy on the joints, I would go with the MP55s with Recoil 110s or Modus 120s, and yes stay off the mats for a long time and do some rehab work with the "flex bar". its a PT exercise tool for golfers elbow and tennis elbow. The exercises also strengthen your wrist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors