Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

NFL 2018-19 season discussion...


262 replies to this topic

#241 bubbagump

bubbagump

    SLDR $5000 Challenge

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 1289

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 25 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

Added to that, the Denzel Ward pick received flak too.  Dudes been good as well.  Cleveland has been assembling very good talent for a few seasons.

Edited by bubbagump, 25 November 2018 - 03:29 PM.

9.5* '17 Taylormade M1 with TS Speeder 7.2
12* SLDR Mini Driver  with TS Speeder 7.2
18* Callaway Epic  with ADDI 95
19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
5-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
50*/58* Titleist SM6 Tour Chrome  with KBS C-taper

Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

WITB Link


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#242 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1759

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

I did tell folks to pick up baker mayfield as a good bye week option moving forward.  soft schedule down the stretch.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT newport

2

#243 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1759

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

stupid winston ruining my team's chance to draft bosa. bucs need defense so badly.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT newport

3

#244 lawsonman

lawsonman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Joined: 03/29/2012
  • Location:Freeport, Illinois
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3880

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 25 November 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 25 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

Added to that, the Denzel Ward pick received flak too.  Dudes been good as well.  Cleveland has been assembling very good talent for a few seasons.

Everybody said the Bears gave too much for Kahlil Mack too. :)
Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 16.5
Ping Anser 20,23 Hybrid
Ping G30 5 & 6 Hybrid
Ping  S56, 7- GW
KZG Forged 60*
Ping Piper S Redwood
Ping DLX Bag

4

#245 bubbagump

bubbagump

    SLDR $5000 Challenge

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 1289

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

View Postlawsonman, on 26 November 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

View Postbubbagump, on 25 November 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 25 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

Added to that, the Denzel Ward pick received flak too.  Dudes been good as well.  Cleveland has been assembling very good talent for a few seasons.

Everybody said the Bears gave too much for Kahlil Mack too. :)

I dont know, if Im a GM there are 2 guys Im fine tossing what the bears did to Oakland for, Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald.

9.5* '17 Taylormade M1 with TS Speeder 7.2
12* SLDR Mini Driver  with TS Speeder 7.2
18* Callaway Epic  with ADDI 95
19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
5-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
50*/58* Titleist SM6 Tour Chrome  with KBS C-taper

Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

WITB Link


5

#246 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6240

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 26 November 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

View Postlawsonman, on 26 November 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

View Postbubbagump, on 25 November 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 25 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

Added to that, the Denzel Ward pick received flak too.  Dudes been good as well.  Cleveland has been assembling very good talent for a few seasons.

Everybody said the Bears gave too much for Kahlil Mack too. :)

I dont know, if Im a GM there are 2 guys Im fine tossing what the bears did to Oakland for, Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald.

Raiders obviously never expected for the Bears to be picking at the bottom of the rounds.

6

#247 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
GolfWRX Likes : 4272

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

So glad the 49ers got through the easy part of their schedule with a stellar record 1-4 vs AZ OAK TB AND NYG :black eye:
@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

7

#248 highergr0und

highergr0und

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Joined: 03/27/2008
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1863

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:51 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 26 November 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:


Raiders obviously never expected for the Bears to be picking at the bottom of the rounds.

This is funny.....  I'm sure they thought some top 10 picks would be headed their way!!!

8

#249 bubbagump

bubbagump

    SLDR $5000 Challenge

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 1289

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 26 November 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:


Raiders obviously never expected for the Bears to be picking at the bottom of the rounds.

Right, and the Dallas pick is likely going to be a midround 1 by the end of the season.  Still 3 firsts, but not quite the haul that it initially was looking like.

9.5* '17 Taylormade M1 with TS Speeder 7.2
12* SLDR Mini Driver  with TS Speeder 7.2
18* Callaway Epic  with ADDI 95
19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
5-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
50*/58* Titleist SM6 Tour Chrome  with KBS C-taper

Bettinardi Queen Bee #7

WITB Link


9

#250 lawsonman

lawsonman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Joined: 03/29/2012
  • Location:Freeport, Illinois
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3880

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 26 November 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 26 November 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Raiders obviously never expected for the Bears to be picking at the bottom of the rounds.

Right, and the Dallas pick is likely going to be a midround 1 by the end of the season.  Still 3 firsts, but not quite the haul that it initially was looking like.

I expected my Bears to go about 8-8 this year. With a top 10 defense last year Mack really put them over the hill.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 16.5
Ping Anser 20,23 Hybrid
Ping G30 5 & 6 Hybrid
Ping  S56, 7- GW
KZG Forged 60*
Ping Piper S Redwood
Ping DLX Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#251 Yanki01

Yanki01

    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Joined: 06/17/2008
  • Location:Corpus Christi, TX
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 2591

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S Nippon WV115
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G


WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

11

#252 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 19648

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:45 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 25 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

He a short Andrew Luck ; )

12

#253 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1759

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:19 AM

Dude has a soft schedule and just tossed the worst game of his short live career. Jury is still out. Calling his old coach fake and not expanding. Typical obnoxious brat.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT newport

13

#254 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1759

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:21 AM

Aaron Rodgers doing McCarty dirty as well. Heís been a horrible qb this year.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT newport

14

#255 cdnglf

cdnglf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139540
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1993

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:01 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 25 November 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

Are we judging him in the "Quarterbacks - Cleveland" or "Quarterbacks - Open" category?
If the former, I think he's already in the Hall of Fame.


15

#256 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 19648

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

View Postjerebear21, on 04 December 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Dude has a soft schedule and just tossed the worst game of his short live career. Jury is still out. Calling his old coach fake and not expanding. Typical obnoxious brat.

Yup, no class.

Zero. And I am not surprised.




Meantime, INT cause he too low to see?



Edited by bscinstnct, 04 December 2018 - 09:47 PM.


16

#257 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6240

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:54 AM

Browns nailed it with the Mayfield pick. Went against the grain and did something that takes stones. Props to the Browns, Mayfield is far and away the #1 pick. Sorry if you guys canít see what he is bringing to that organization, I hope you guys donít continue to hate too long and miss out on enjoying potential greatness.

17

#258 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 19648

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

 scratchswinger, on 16 December 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Browns nailed it with the Mayfield pick. Went against the grain and did something that takes stones. Props to the Browns, Mayfield is far and away the #1 pick. Sorry if you guys canít see what he is bringing to that organization, I hope you guys donít continue to hate too long and miss out on enjoying potential greatness.

SS, would like nothing better for him to do great. Im not a fan but love great sports performance. Im not the type to hope someone does poory (unless they are playing one of my teams)

Just like Tom Brady. Cant stand him but always give him props he deserves.

Mayfield has surprised me, got a Fahrve like quality.

Edited by bscinstnct, 16 December 2018 - 02:14 PM.


18

#259 touch

touch

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25409
  • Joined: 02/12/2007
  • Location:Asheville, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 1211

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

Posted Image
Callaway BB Fusion 9* Diamana
Callaway XR 15* project X
Ping i20 fw 19* project X
TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
Titleist 718 AP3 SteelFiber
Ping Glide 2.0 50*,56*, and 60* all SS grind
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C or PING IN series 1/2 Wack-e center shaft

19

#260 highergr0und

highergr0und

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Joined: 03/27/2008
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1863

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:37 AM

Anyone else think the pro game is becoming borderline unwatchable?  Actual called penalties aside, it's the players begging and pleading for calls on every play without one along with the announcers that never stop talking about it.  Then you've got slow motion replays of every borderline call and more talking about it, and waiting for New York to chime in....  I mean I get that there are a few calls a game (at least) that are bad, but when people whine after every play it just becomes annoying to watch.  Kind of like playing with the guy that complains about every single shot he takes on the course, even when they're good.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#261 adam667220

adam667220

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 373857
  • Joined: 04/29/2015
  • Location:Kansas City
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:48 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 16 December 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Browns nailed it with the Mayfield pick. Went against the grain and did something that takes stones. Props to the Browns, Mayfield is far and away the #1 pick. Sorry if you guys can't see what he is bringing to that organization, I hope you guys don't continue to hate too long and miss out on enjoying potential greatness.

The Mayfield pick was obviously the highlight of their draft, but Ward is the high ranked rookie CB. Chubb has proven to be a great RB for them when everyone thought they should have taken Barkley. Plus they've got Callaway filling a need. Etc. They had a pretty good overall draft despite what critics may have thought.
BC+ Driver 10.5°
BC+ 5 wood 16°
Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
52°,56°, 60° wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs

21

#262 adam667220

adam667220

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 373857
  • Joined: 04/29/2015
  • Location:Kansas City
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:54 AM

View Posthighergr0und, on 17 December 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Anyone else think the pro game is becoming borderline unwatchable?  Actual called penalties aside, it's the players begging and pleading for calls on every play without one along with the announcers that never stop talking about it.  Then you've got slow motion replays of every borderline call and more talking about it, and waiting for New York to chime in....  I mean I get that there are a few calls a game (at least) that are bad, but when people whine after every play it just becomes annoying to watch.  Kind of like playing with the guy that complains about every single shot he takes on the course, even when they're good.

Yes, I completely agree. BUT, in their defense, the fact that touching any player at any given time is now a penalty, I don't necessarily fault the players for asking for them. I don't enjoy that part of it, but if that's what it takes to win a game these days, then by all means, break out your acting skills.

Alternatively, I just wish they hadn't ruined the game with all the ridiculous, uninterpretable rules. I'll be one of the first people to complain about the overall officiating nightmare that has been the 2018 season, but the league caused it by introducing too many rules that are are also very subjective and nearly impossible to call in real time. They're missing some of the most blantant false start or holding penalties because they also have to watch to see if anyones fingertip grazed the QB or whether the head was lowered 2 or 5 degrees to constitute a personal foul. And make sure you don't look at the receiver in a threatening way, because that's DPI all day long.

Sorry. Rant over.
BC+ Driver 10.5°
BC+ 5 wood 16°
Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
52°,56°, 60° wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs

22

#263 highergr0und

highergr0und

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Joined: 03/27/2008
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 1863

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:48 AM

View Postadam667220, on 17 December 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

View Posthighergr0und, on 17 December 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Anyone else think the pro game is becoming borderline unwatchable?  Actual called penalties aside, it's the players begging and pleading for calls on every play without one along with the announcers that never stop talking about it.  Then you've got slow motion replays of every borderline call and more talking about it, and waiting for New York to chime in....  I mean I get that there are a few calls a game (at least) that are bad, but when people whine after every play it just becomes annoying to watch.  Kind of like playing with the guy that complains about every single shot he takes on the course, even when they're good.

Yes, I completely agree. BUT, in their defense, the fact that touching any player at any given time is now a penalty, I don't necessarily fault the players for asking for them. I don't enjoy that part of it, but if that's what it takes to win a game these days, then by all means, break out your acting skills.

Alternatively, I just wish they hadn't ruined the game with all the ridiculous, uninterpretable rules. I'll be one of the first people to complain about the overall officiating nightmare that has been the 2018 season, but the league caused it by introducing too many rules that are are also very subjective and nearly impossible to call in real time. They're missing some of the most blantant false start or holding penalties because they also have to watch to see if anyones fingertip grazed the QB or whether the head was lowered 2 or 5 degrees to constitute a personal foul. And make sure you don't look at the receiver in a threatening way, because that's DPI all day long.

Sorry. Rant over.

Lol.  It has been rough.  I miss the days when a bad call was just a bad call and didn't need to be dissected by 30 different cameras utilizing super slo mo then dwelled upon by a 24 hour sports news cycle with nothing better to do.  In those days there wasn't much question about a catch because it was simply one guy making a call in real time.

23



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors