Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cobra '19 News?


324 replies to this topic

#61 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
  • Joined: 05/06/2015
  • Location:Brisbane
GolfWRX Likes : 617

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:08 AM

 EHolm, on 07 September 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

F-max Super Light coming, not that anyone on WRX is gonna want them but anyways

Posted Image

Blades, Blades, Blades and more Blades!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 3876

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:15 PM

 p3ga, on 06 September 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

 Holy Moses, on 23 July 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

 Tava woods, on 23 July 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

just releases something HOT clean and low spinning King Ltd pro 2 with an abundance of no charge shaft options and 199.00 price point and they could change the game and win for a season .

And make no money at the same time. Super idea.

Yes, but they'll make up for it in volume.......

At $200, there is essentially no profit for the manufacturer or the distributor on a typical $400-500 driver
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

2

#63 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:38 PM

Well they sure wont be 200
Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

3

#64 cliche

cliche

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138469
  • Joined: 09/05/2011
  • Location:Planet Earth
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

hmmmm...
not quiet worth a post maybe, but today was the cobra meeting. wasn't able to get some infos. just saw (blink of an eye) some stand up posters from a OL follow up, a new forged iron and the blured photo from a driver bottom, couldn't tell if the driver still has a milled face or adjustable weight. just a yellow "stripe" that might help recognising it on TV

4

#65 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

 cliche, on 13 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

hmmmm...
not quiet worth a post maybe, but today was the cobra meeting. wasn't able to get some infos. just saw (blink of an eye) some stand up posters from a OL follow up, a new forged iron and the blured photo from a driver bottom, couldn't tell if the driver still has a milled face or adjustable weight. just a yellow "stripe" that might help recognising it on TV

Yellow paint on sole. Milled face

Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

5

#66 cliche

cliche

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138469
  • Joined: 09/05/2011
  • Location:Planet Earth
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

there is a pic on another golf site of the new f-max.
must have been taken at the after the sales meeting from germany

6

#67 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

if you are into offset drivers then fmax sl is for you
Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

7

#68 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 218

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:06 PM

Cobra, if I buy this driver, I want you to send the new MB line with it. I'll keep it quiet.
Ping LST 400 10* / Ping Tour 80G X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 / C-Taper Lite S
Callaway MD3 46*
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 55*
Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
Golf Pride Z-Cord Grips + 1 Wrap all around
2012 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (PutterSpa by J-Rich Finish)

8

#69 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:30 AM

New MB look very clean.
Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

9

#70 p3ga

p3ga

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209795
  • Joined: 11/03/2012
  • Location:The Home for the Terminally Bored
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 405

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:28 AM

 Holy Moses, on 08 September 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

 p3ga, on 06 September 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

 Holy Moses, on 23 July 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

 Tava woods, on 23 July 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

just releases something HOT clean and low spinning King Ltd pro 2 with an abundance of no charge shaft options and 199.00 price point and they could change the game and win for a season .

And make no money at the same time. Super idea.

Yes, but they'll make up for it in volume.......

At $200, there is essentially no profit for the manufacturer or the distributor on a typical $400-500 driver

I was trying to be a bit sarcastic there... [fail]

Coming back to Atlanta anytime soon? Let me know, still up at the Falls, we'll have you out.

Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London



All the clubs I've ever owned.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 StiffShaft

StiffShaft

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11589
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:07 AM

 Charles.eichman, on 15 September 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

New MB look very clean.

are they different from the old mb?  i thought they were just gonna change the stripe from orange to white and call that the new mb

11

#72 hm59

hm59

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13069
  • Joined: 03/06/2006
  • Location:MD
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:15 AM

 StiffShaft, on 15 September 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

 Charles.eichman, on 15 September 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

New MB look very clean.

are they different from the old mb?  i thought they were just gonna change the stripe from orange to white and call that the new mb

According to the UK site that has them listed, the new ones have tungsten weights in the heel, sole and toe. Current ones have them in just the toe. Also, new ones have $-Taper listed as the stock shaft.
Cobra King LTD Pro
Cobra King F7 3-4W
Cobra King F6 Baffler
Cobra King Pro CB/MB
SM6 52.12 • SM5 58.08
Scotty Cameron IBDD

12

#73 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3795

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

 hm59, on 15 September 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

 StiffShaft, on 15 September 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

 Charles.eichman, on 15 September 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

New MB look very clean.

are they different from the old mb?  i thought they were just gonna change the stripe from orange to white and call that the new mb

According to the UK site that has them listed, the new ones have tungsten weights in the heel, sole and toe. Current ones have them in just the toe. Also, new ones have $-Taper listed as the stock shaft.

Link to the UK site?

13

#74 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 218

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

https://www.clickgol...cbmb-irons-2018

Funny thing is, They don't say "out of stock" or anything.
Ping LST 400 10* / Ping Tour 80G X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 / C-Taper Lite S
Callaway MD3 46*
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 55*
Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
Golf Pride Z-Cord Grips + 1 Wrap all around
2012 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (PutterSpa by J-Rich Finish)

14

#75 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:17 AM

 Stanks, on 15 September 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

https://www.clickgol...cbmb-irons-2018

Funny thing is, They don't say "out of stock" or anything.

They have a release date this fall in US. I forget the exact date.

Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

15

#76 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 218

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

Yaaaa Iíll believe it when I see it
Ping LST 400 10* / Ping Tour 80G X
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 / C-Taper Lite S
Callaway MD3 46*
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 55*
Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
Golf Pride Z-Cord Grips + 1 Wrap all around
2012 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (PutterSpa by J-Rich Finish)

16

#77 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1694

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:21 PM

Great looking irons. Compact and low offset as they should be! The tungsten is the icing. Iíd probably still go with chrome though.
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Titleist 915 FD 5W  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Bridgestone J15DF (3i)  Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X

Nike VR Forged (56) --  Nippon SPB X  || GW/LW: TBD
TM Spider Black

17

#78 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:49 PM

I like how when you actually look at the iron head you can see exactly where the tungsten plugs are. Just gives a cool visual.
Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

18

#79 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1856

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

Only in RH :(
WITB
DR - Z785 Tensei Pro Blue 60
3W - F8 HZRDUS Black 75
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - MD4 54/12W Modus Wedge 115
LW - MD4 58/12X Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

19

#80 StiffShaft

StiffShaft

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11589
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:02 AM

i really hope they didnt increase the offset in the mb's


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1694

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

 StiffShaft, on 18 September 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

i really hope they didnt increase the offset in the mb's

Specs are there on uk site link. Exactly the same as last model

Edited by BearQ, 18 September 2018 - 03:29 PM.

Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Titleist 915 FD 5W  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Bridgestone J15DF (3i)  Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X

Nike VR Forged (56) --  Nippon SPB X  || GW/LW: TBD
TM Spider Black

21

#82 The General

The General

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
  • Joined: 02/21/2006
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 547

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

 Charles.eichman, on 16 September 2018 - 02:17 AM, said:

 Stanks, on 15 September 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

https://www.clickgol...cbmb-irons-2018

Funny thing is, They don't say "out of stock" or anything.

They have a release date this fall in US. I forget the exact date.

this link has been around for a while

22

#83 StiffShaft

StiffShaft

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11589
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

 BearQ, on 18 September 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 StiffShaft, on 18 September 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

i really hope they didnt increase the offset in the mb's

Specs are there on uk site link. Exactly the same as last model

No.  The offset specs on the UK website for the new mbís are increased compared to the current model.

Edited by StiffShaft, 18 September 2018 - 05:50 PM.


23

#84 Rpete33

Rpete33

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476032
  • Joined: 07/22/2017
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

I feel like the need to update the forged one length and forged tour....of course a black version would be sweet

24

#85 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

 Rpete33, on 19 September 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

I feel like the need to update the forged one length and forged tour....of course a black version would be sweet

From the 19 catalog there is no mention of that

Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

25

#86 Rpete33

Rpete33

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476032
  • Joined: 07/22/2017
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

 Charles.eichman, on 19 September 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

 Rpete33, on 19 September 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

I feel like the need to update the forged one length and forged tour....of course a black version would be sweet

From the 19 catalog there is no mention of that
Damn

26

#87 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

All i see is new MB/CB
Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

27

#88 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1694

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

 StiffShaft, on 18 September 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

 BearQ, on 18 September 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 StiffShaft, on 18 September 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

i really hope they didnt increase the offset in the mb's

Specs are there on uk site link. Exactly the same as last model

No.  The offset specs on the UK website for the new mbís are increased compared to the current model.

Lol...ok chief!
Exact same 8-gw. 0.2mm diff 2-7. Oh no so much offset increase. You wonít even notice.
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Titleist 915 FD 5W  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Bridgestone J15DF (3i)  Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X

Nike VR Forged (56) --  Nippon SPB X  || GW/LW: TBD
TM Spider Black

28

#89 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 2040

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

 Stanks, on 15 September 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

https://www.clickgol...cbmb-irons-2018

Funny thing is, They don't say "out of stock" or anything.
Hell of an upcharge for the KBS C Taper Lite Black shafts. Goes from £849 to £6,792 pounds.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Capture.JPG


29

#90 mrmikeac

mrmikeac

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481854
  • Joined: 09/14/2017
  • Location:Waterford
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:20 PM

 BearQ, on 19 September 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

 StiffShaft, on 18 September 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

 BearQ, on 18 September 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 StiffShaft, on 18 September 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

i really hope they didnt increase the offset in the mb's

Specs are there on uk site link. Exactly the same as last model

No.  The offset specs on the UK website for the new mbís are increased compared to the current model.

Lol...ok chief!
Exact same 8-gw. 0.2mm diff 2-7. Oh no so much offset increase. You wonít even notice.

This is GolfWRX.....of course they will notice.

"I ordered d2 swingweight, itís clearly set at d2.1 to the tenth power c squared, thanks a lot MizPingTaylorWayBra now my 7 irons spins 16.5 rpms less with a slight draw"


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



13 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Kato, Maverick22, Patrickt11, kain23

GolfWRX Sponsors