Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cobra '19 News?


533 replies to this topic

#511 moorebaseball

moorebaseball

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 515356
  • Joined: 10/29/2018
  • Location:Utah
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

I am anxious to try the new CBs as well as the new driver/woods! Let's go Cobra!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#512 EHolm

EHolm

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446786
  • Joined: 11/18/2016
  • Location:Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?
PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
Odyssey Lucky 777 SB

2

#513 Rpete33

Rpete33

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476032
  • Joined: 07/22/2017
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:57 AM

 EHolm, on 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?

In for more info! I need some new wedges

3

#514 cliche

cliche

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138469
  • Joined: 09/05/2011
  • Location:Planet Earth
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:47 AM

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

 EHolm, on 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?

In for more info! I need some new wedges
what do you wanna know?

4

#515 nic19

nic19

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 380934
  • Joined: 06/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:29 AM

 cliche, on 19 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

 EHolm, on 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?

In for more info! I need some new wedges
what do you wanna know?
have hit these. They are lovely . great feel!!


5

#516 Rpete33

Rpete33

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476032
  • Joined: 07/22/2017
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:39 AM

 cliche, on 19 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

 EHolm, on 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?

In for more info! I need some new wedges
what do you wanna know?

What makes them different then the current line up? What finish will they come in?

6

#517 Rpete33

Rpete33

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476032
  • Joined: 07/22/2017
  • Location:South Dakota
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:21 AM

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

 cliche, on 19 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

 EHolm, on 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?

In for more info! I need some new wedges
what do you wanna know?

What makes them different then the current line up? What finish will they come in?

And is there any pictures of the product yet

7

#518 DatSliceDoe

DatSliceDoe

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 324051
  • Joined: 06/30/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 669

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:44 AM

Really looking to pick up a new set of wedges next year to replace my King wedges. Hopefully the new stuff keeps the straighter leading edge and has better durability of finish.

8

#519 cliche

cliche

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138469
  • Joined: 09/05/2011
  • Location:Planet Earth
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

 cliche, on 19 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

 EHolm, on 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?

In for more info! I need some new wedges
what do you wanna know?
What makes them different then the current line up? What finish will they come in?
can't tell you too much.
new producing process. touch is very nice. different swing weight. a little lighter, which i prefer. older king wedges where up to D6. only silver finish and only one grind. new metal is so hard, that it's a little more difficult to bend them.

9

#520 nic19

nic19

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 380934
  • Joined: 06/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:42 PM

Like I ve said i ve hit these wedges. They look great and have fantastic feel.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#521 Happyday_J

Happyday_J

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212051
  • Joined: 11/19/2012
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

In indication of grinds available for lefties? kind of annoying limited lofts and one grind to choice from in the past

11

#522 EHolm

EHolm

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446786
  • Joined: 11/18/2016
  • Location:Sweden
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:33 PM

 cliche, on 19 December 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

 cliche, on 19 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

 Rpete33, on 19 December 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

 EHolm, on 19 December 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

New wedge called MiM coming this spring, anyone got more info?

In for more info! I need some new wedges
what do you wanna know?
What makes them different then the current line up? What finish will they come in?
can't tell you too much.
new producing process. touch is very nice. different swing weight. a little lighter, which i prefer. older king wedges where up to D6. only silver finish and only one grind. new metal is so hard, that it's a little more difficult to bend them.
What does MiM stand for?
PXG 0811X 7.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
PXG 0341X 3W 13.5° Veylix Rome 888 X
TaylorMade P790 2i UDI Veylix Rome 988 X
TaylorMade P770 4-7 KBS $-taper black 130 X
TaylorMade P750 8-PW KBS $-taper black 130 X
Titleist SM7 Jet black 50-12F KBS Tour custom white X
Titleist SM7 Jet black 56-10M KBS Tour custom white S
Titleist SM7 Jet black 62-06L KBS Tour custom white S
Odyssey Lucky 777 SB

12

#523 The General

The General

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
  • Joined: 02/21/2006
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 590

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

 Collo_23, on 05 December 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Cobra / Puma going up for sale, what this means for the product moving forward is anyone's guess.

you funny bruh.

13

#524 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1577

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

I can’t wait to get my F9!
Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's  
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

14

#525 wam78

wam78

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 377098
  • Joined: 05/22/2015
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Handicap:NA
  • Ebay ID:wamorton7811
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:34 PM

I too am ready for new wedges.  Almost pulled the trigger on king blacks, but now am "patiently" waiting to learn more about new wedges.  Curious to know if they will be more similar to the pur model?  To wait or not to wait.... :dntknw:


15

#526 cliche

cliche

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138469
  • Joined: 09/05/2011
  • Location:Planet Earth
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:35 PM

 wam78, on 23 December 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

I too am ready for new wedges.  Almost pulled the trigger on king blacks, but now am "patiently" waiting to learn more about new wedges.  Curious to know if they will be more similar to the pur model?  To wait or not to wait.... :dntknw:
it'll be worth to wait for the MiM Wedge

16

#527 DandyDon

DandyDon

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169457
  • Joined: 03/14/2012
  • Location:California
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:59 AM

Went to local golf store on Friday night since my Wifi was out, gf was out, so nothing better to do.  I went to hit the new Mizuno 919 forged, and after hitting it, realized it was not giving me what my Apex cf16s were giving me and I also hit the 900s which seemed pretty similar to the 919s.  I then hit the Rogue since it was already set up, and I was consistently hitting it with about 10 yards more carry.
Staff then showed me the new Cobra CBs with the black finished, look gorgeous, but was hitting it a little bit shorter than the Mizunos.  As I was milling around I pulled out the Cobra speed back (not a good looking club in any sense of the word).  That being said, I hit the hell out of that thing, I was getting on average about 6 more yards of carry over the Rogue, and about 15 or so over the Minzunos, the ball flight was freaking so high and penetrating. I went back and hit the Mizunos and other Cobras again just to verify, and the numbers were the same as before.  A couple of my strikes with the Speedbacks carried a full 12 yards over what I was averaging with the Rogue.
I owned the first set of AMPs that came out, and ditched them for the I25s which was a huge mistake (I couldn't handle the distance loss) and then bought the Apex which have been decent for me.  If those Speedbacks weren't so ugly, or if I didn't know the price drop will be huge a few months from now, I would be really tempted.

17

#528 casey_0507

casey_0507

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121944
  • Joined: 02/08/2011
  • Location:IN
GolfWRX Likes : 493

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:45 AM

 DandyDon, on 31 December 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

Went to local golf store on Friday night since my Wifi was out, gf was out, so nothing better to do.  I went to hit the new Mizuno 919 forged, and after hitting it, realized it was not giving me what my Apex cf16s were giving me and I also hit the 900s which seemed pretty similar to the 919s.  I then hit the Rogue since it was already set up, and I was consistently hitting it with about 10 yards more carry.
Staff then showed me the new Cobra CBs with the black finished, look gorgeous, but was hitting it a little bit shorter than the Mizunos.  As I was milling around I pulled out the Cobra speed back (not a good looking club in any sense of the word).  That being said, I hit the hell out of that thing, I was getting on average about 6 more yards of carry over the Rogue, and about 15 or so over the Minzunos, the ball flight was freaking so high and penetrating. I went back and hit the Mizunos and other Cobras again just to verify, and the numbers were the same as before.  A couple of my strikes with the Speedbacks carried a full 12 yards over what I was averaging with the Rogue.
I owned the first set of AMPs that came out, and ditched them for the I25s which was a huge mistake (I couldn't handle the distance loss) and then bought the Apex which have been decent for me.  If those Speedbacks weren't so ugly, or if I didn't know the price drop will be huge a few months from now, I would be really tempted.

As an FYI, the lofts on the Cobra CB are pretty much a full club less than the Speedbacks, so I’d expect for you to be around a full club longer with the Speedbacks.
Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

18

#529 Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy

    Go CUBS!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140787
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Franklin, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 727

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:18 AM

I currently play the F7 one length and just hit the new F9 SB one length. I would say they have improved the design, and I think I do like the KBS in this head. The new irons do appear to be larger and a bit chunkier, I could see the back of the 7iron at address. Is this it for Cobra and the F9's or will there be other models in VL and OL?

19

#530 wkndhack

wkndhack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425792
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 378

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

 Mr. Grumpy, on 31 December 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

I currently play the F7 one length and just hit the new F9 SB one length. I would say they have improved the design, and I think I do like the KBS in this head. The new irons do appear to be larger and a bit chunkier, I could see the back of the 7iron at address. Is this it for Cobra and the F9's or will there be other models in VL and OL?
Cobra looks to be putting out GI irons every year and cycling players or better irons every other, give or take a few months.

2018 was F8, Forged Tec Black, and CB/MB. With the supposed end of the King Forged Tour/One line, no announcements yet on any other 2019 irons besides the F9.

Bryson plays the Forged One and will need a refresh soon, so maybe a late 2019 announcement for his new model?

Another forum is having a major event with Cobra R&D folks in the spring, may get some rumors out of that.

Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
Bettinardi QB8
Srixon Q-Star Tour

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#531 DandyDon

DandyDon

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169457
  • Joined: 03/14/2012
  • Location:California
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:10 PM

 casey_0507, on 31 December 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

 DandyDon, on 31 December 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

Went to local golf store on Friday night since my Wifi was out, gf was out, so nothing better to do.  I went to hit the new Mizuno 919 forged, and after hitting it, realized it was not giving me what my Apex cf16s were giving me and I also hit the 900s which seemed pretty similar to the 919s.  I then hit the Rogue since it was already set up, and I was consistently hitting it with about 10 yards more carry.
Staff then showed me the new Cobra CBs with the black finished, look gorgeous, but was hitting it a little bit shorter than the Mizunos.  As I was milling around I pulled out the Cobra speed back (not a good looking club in any sense of the word).  That being said, I hit the hell out of that thing, I was getting on average about 6 more yards of carry over the Rogue, and about 15 or so over the Minzunos, the ball flight was freaking so high and penetrating. I went back and hit the Mizunos and other Cobras again just to verify, and the numbers were the same as before.  A couple of my strikes with the Speedbacks carried a full 12 yards over what I was averaging with the Rogue.
I owned the first set of AMPs that came out, and ditched them for the I25s which was a huge mistake (I couldn't handle the distance loss) and then bought the Apex which have been decent for me.  If those Speedbacks weren't so ugly, or if I didn't know the price drop will be huge a few months from now, I would be really tempted.

As an FYI, the lofts on the Cobra CB are pretty much a full club less than the Speedbacks, so I’d expect for you to be around a full club longer with the Speedbacks.

I was wondering about that, but the trajectory was higher with the Speedback so that kind of threw me off.

21

#532 wkndhack

wkndhack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425792
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 378

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

Shiels review is out on the F9. Pretty good numbers, lined up with other reviews of a couple MPH of CHE and low spin. He also called it the best sounding driver he has ever tried.
Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
Bettinardi QB8
Srixon Q-Star Tour

22

#533 provx

provx

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22573
  • Joined: 12/08/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

I agee on the sound best feeling sounding driver ive ever hit as well
Ping G400 Max  9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind 60* kb wedge
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB balls

23

#534 moorebaseball

moorebaseball

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 515356
  • Joined: 10/29/2018
  • Location:Utah
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

This driver is looking super solid. So far it looks more impressive than what the "big boys" have released for less money which is always nice! I wonder how the F9 will compete against the PING 410???

24



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors