Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cameron Concept X putter

Scotty Cameron

91 replies to this topic

#61 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Joined: 07/04/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 702

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:05 PM

View Postspiffdogxl, on 27 July 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

It's like the putter equivalency of a Honda Civic with a body kit.

Nicely done. It does look like they built a putter and then added on to it. I did not think it looked any better in person. I wouldnít pay $100 for it. The Wilsons and Clevelands look better. I rolled it for 15 minutes and moved on. Kind of a so what reaction.

[size=3]Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 bogeypro

bogeypro

    The Original Bogeypro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,889 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:AL
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

Saw one in store and got to roll putts.  

Itís ugly and the insert feels too soft.  Scotty has officially run out of ideas for his otr stuff.  Iím a long time Scotty fan looking for a home.
Titleist 917 D3 driver NV blue 70s
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood Diamana S+ 70s
Titleist 818 H2 3 hybrid Atmos Blue 8s
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw PXi 6.0 or 716 CB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey 50f/56m
Scotty Newport 33" with 10 gram weights

2

#63 Fourpar18

Fourpar18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62108
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:29 AM

I have one on the way...will report back!
Taylormade M3
Taylormade M4
Honma TW-U 18
Honma TW-U 21
Honma TW 737 4-10
Honma TW 50
Callaway MD Forged 56
Calaway MD  Forged 60
Toulon Atlanta

3

#64 fundustrial

fundustrial

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512198
  • Joined: 09/10/2018
  • Location:NYC
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

I rolled a 01 yesterday; was super excited and ready to pull the trigger but seeing it in person and rolling it was not blown away. It's a much bigger blade than I was expecting (in terms of length), and was not a huge fan of the feel from insert. Stability was great though, and the grey finish does look awesome.

4

#65 Rory4Pres

Rory4Pres

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363997
  • Joined: 02/25/2015
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Handicap:high
GolfWRX Likes : 450

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

In 1 year, I imagine these concept putters will sell for $250-350 on the used market.  That premium price will be absorbed mostly by the original buyer.


5

#66 dgarland

dgarland

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55926
  • Joined: 05/16/2008
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

That is the DeLorean of putters.
Taylor Made M1 Driver
Callaway X Hot Pro 3 Wood
Callaway X  Hot Pro 2H & 4H
Callaway X-14 Pro 5-PW
Callaway MD3 50 & 54
Callaway PM Grind 58
Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

6

#67 009

009

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71822
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:38 AM

Rolled a plumber's neck when they first came out.  Didn't like the look at address.  The way the wing tips face outward makes the blade look too long.   If the wings were flipped and the tips faced inward, I think it would look better.

7

#68 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:10 AM

Picked up the slant neck CX-02, played five rounds with it and love it! I can see where pure blade users might gag when they see my putter :-) but I'm a mallet player who needs a bit of toe flow (like my DJ Spider ). I love the roll, feel and results. After a few rounds, "wings" are simply white noise and are not a factor or even noticed. I'm not a SC Fanboy by any stretch. That said I've not had a moment of buyers remorse. IMHO You can't roll ANY putter in a store or on any surface except real grass on a green to judge feel, etc. Thru the years I've bought and sold several Circle T's with and without the insert face and mine feels and performs as good as any of them. I could not care less of these never make it to bigger production runs. I'm just happy to have one :-).
536C82AC-EB2C-467E-9BF4-C1CA8262153B.jpeg

Edited by Steelhead, 19 September 2018 - 04:05 PM.

G400 Max - 9*<br />Ryoma F3 - 15*<br />Ping G400 - 19*<br />Ping G700, 4 thru Gap<br />Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*<br />Scotty Cameron  Concept X CX-02

8

#69 Fourpar18

Fourpar18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62108
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

So recieved the 01 today and my initial thoughts were whoa!  Not what I was expecting but also not as bad as I was hearing!  Disclaimer; I have not put with it on green or the course...tomorrow!  My initial thought while rolling it on my carpet it wow!  Itís soft and the color scheme looks so damn good.  If you are a mallet and sometimes blade guy/girl then this is the putter for you.  

More to come tomorrow...

P.S.
I donít think I would have spent $600 for it out of pocket but getting it for $400-500 would be a good number.  If you can get one on trade (like I did) even better.
Taylormade M3
Taylormade M4
Honma TW-U 18
Honma TW-U 21
Honma TW 737 4-10
Honma TW 50
Callaway MD Forged 56
Calaway MD  Forged 60
Toulon Atlanta

9

#70 Fourpar18

Fourpar18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62108
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:42 PM

Yesterday was my first round with the Concept CX-01 and all I can say is 25 putts!   I started on the putting green and as soon as I put the putter on the ground next to the ball I was like...whoa!  Strange looking is the word for the putter and then I started putting with it; soft and speed control were AWESOME!  The putter doesn't feel like a marshmallow but isn't a rock either, a perfect combination of both.  The thing that I like the most is the consistency of pace and roll!  My last few putters have had a huge skip, bounce, and roll after hitting it, this one just rolls.  My friend even commented that my ball wasn't skipping anymore with this putter...he has seen me use four putters this year (lol).  

Now, to the wings...

It has been commented on that the "wings disappear/melt" while lining up a putt...absolutely true!  While I was lining putts up during my round it didn't bother me as much as I thought, they weren't a distraction at all.  I putted well but I did miss a few on the inside and outside of middle and the ball still made it to the hole and a few trickled in!  The color scheme was the best feature of these club, the black face and dark bronze (i think) looks very good and the head cover is nice too!  My only concern with the color is the black face and how it will hold up with sandy greens, I am anal when it comes to that stuff.

Round 2 tomorrow and I will report back then!  So far, I am VERY IMPRESSED with this putter!

Taylormade M3
Taylormade M4
Honma TW-U 18
Honma TW-U 21
Honma TW 737 4-10
Honma TW 50
Callaway MD Forged 56
Calaway MD  Forged 60
Toulon Atlanta

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 1148

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

I'm still ready to try this with an open mind. The original Futura wasn't received well and I ended up having a lot of success with it.
Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Adams Speedline Fast12 LS 9.5°
Titleist TS2 16.5°
Mizuno CLK 19°
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P
Mizuno T7 52°, Titleist SM7 58°
Titleist Pro Platinum Mid Sur

11

#72 Fourpar18

Fourpar18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62108
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:57 AM

Round #2:

Well a little more putts this round but I still love the feel and speed control!  If you are looking for a blade putter or a blade person, this is the putter for you!
Taylormade M3
Taylormade M4
Honma TW-U 18
Honma TW-U 21
Honma TW 737 4-10
Honma TW 50
Callaway MD Forged 56
Calaway MD  Forged 60
Toulon Atlanta

12

#73 gioria126

gioria126

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 462098
  • Joined: 04/05/2017
  • Location:Taiwan
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:59 AM

View PostFourpar18, on 21 September 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yesterday was my first round with the Concept CX-01 and all I can say is 25 putts!   I started on the putting green and as soon as I put the putter on the ground next to the ball I was like...whoa!  Strange looking is the word for the putter and then I started putting with it; soft and speed control were AWESOME!  The putter doesn't feel like a marshmallow but isn't a rock either, a perfect combination of both.  The thing that I like the most is the consistency of pace and roll!  My last few putters have had a huge skip, bounce, and roll after hitting it, this one just rolls.  My friend even commented that my ball wasn't skipping anymore with this putter...he has seen me use four putters this year (lol).  

Now, to the wings...

It has been commented on that the "wings disappear/melt" while lining up a putt...absolutely true!  While I was lining putts up during my round it didn't bother me as much as I thought, they weren't a distraction at all.  I putted well but I did miss a few on the inside and outside of middle and the ball still made it to the hole and a few trickled in!  The color scheme was the best feature of these club, the black face and dark bronze (i think) looks very good and the head cover is nice too!  My only concern with the color is the black face and how it will hold up with sandy greens, I am anal when it comes to that stuff.

Round 2 tomorrow and I will report back then!  So far, I am VERY IMPRESSED with this putter!

Just curious, have you tried those "standard" Scotty Cameron 2016~2017 Select putters? I was told Concept X has exactly the same insert so I'm wondering if the feel is also the same.
Btw what putters have you used for the year prior to Concept X?

Edited by gioria126, 24 September 2018 - 11:03 AM.


13

#74 4rheel

4rheel

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
  • Joined: 10/26/2006
  • Location:OC, California
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:08 AM

View PostSetTheBarrHigh, on 22 September 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

I'm still ready to try this with an open mind. The original Futura wasn't received well and I ended up having a lot of success with it.

Very similar feel to the old Futura putters.  Springy aluminum face with consistent distance control.  You'll like it if you liked the original Futura putter.  Wish they had an option to switch the insert to SS or better yet, GSS.

14

#75 bogeypro

bogeypro

    The Original Bogeypro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,889 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:AL
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostFourpar18, on 23 September 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Round #2:

Well a little more putts this round but I still love the feel and speed control!  If you are looking for a blade putter or a blade person, this is the putter for you!

How can you say that with a straight face?!  That thing is huge and hideous.  Nowhere near what a blade user would want.

Titleist 917 D3 driver NV blue 70s
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood Diamana S+ 70s
Titleist 818 H2 3 hybrid Atmos Blue 8s
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw PXi 6.0 or 716 CB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey 50f/56m
Scotty Newport 33" with 10 gram weights

15

#76 Fourpar18

Fourpar18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62108
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

It my opinion, blade users should give it a try especially if they are looking for a little more forgiveness.
Taylormade M3
Taylormade M4
Honma TW-U 18
Honma TW-U 21
Honma TW 737 4-10
Honma TW 50
Callaway MD Forged 56
Calaway MD  Forged 60
Toulon Atlanta

16

#77 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2542

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

I rolled one in the store today. My first reaction was to how big it is. The blade length is bigger than I expected, and with how far the wings extend out, itís huge. Not a fan.
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

17

#78 FlyOver

FlyOver

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494204
  • Joined: 02/20/2018
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:52 PM

View Postgioria126, on 24 September 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

View PostFourpar18, on 21 September 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yesterday was my first round with the Concept CX-01 and all I can say is 25 putts!   I started on the putting green and as soon as I put the putter on the ground next to the ball I was like...whoa!  Strange looking is the word for the putter and then I started putting with it; soft and speed control were AWESOME!  The putter doesn't feel like a marshmallow but isn't a rock either, a perfect combination of both.  The thing that I like the most is the consistency of pace and roll!  My last few putters have had a huge skip, bounce, and roll after hitting it, this one just rolls.  My friend even commented that my ball wasn't skipping anymore with this putter...he has seen me use four putters this year (lol).  

Now, to the wings...

It has been commented on that the "wings disappear/melt" while lining up a putt...absolutely true!  While I was lining putts up during my round it didn't bother me as much as I thought, they weren't a distraction at all.  I putted well but I did miss a few on the inside and outside of middle and the ball still made it to the hole and a few trickled in!  The color scheme was the best feature of these club, the black face and dark bronze (i think) looks very good and the head cover is nice too!  My only concern with the color is the black face and how it will hold up with sandy greens, I am anal when it comes to that stuff.

Round 2 tomorrow and I will report back then!  So far, I am VERY IMPRESSED with this putter!

Just curious, have you tried those "standard" Scotty Cameron 2016~2017 Select putters? I was told Concept X has exactly the same insert so I'm wondering if the feel is also the same.
Btw what putters have you used for the year prior to Concept X?

IMO, the Concept X has more forgiveness, because the sole of the putter has an aluminum bottom plate.  I havenít removed the plate, but I assume itís hollow....thus more MOI and weight moved to the wings.
Ping G400 LST 8.5 degrees-Handcrafted Even Flow Black 6.0 65 grams shaft
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 degree-Even Flow Blue 6.0 65 grams shaft
Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
Mizuno MP 18s FliHi 4-6 irons-Nippon Modus 105
Mizuno MP 18s MMC 7-PW-Nippon Modus 105
Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
Titleist Vokey SM6 58* K Grind
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec 34 inch 340 gram putter
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Detour Mod with copper insert, 34 inch 340 gram putter
Titleist yellow AVX ball

18

#79 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:10 AM

View Postgioria126, on 24 September 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

View PostFourpar18, on 21 September 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yesterday was my first round with the Concept CX-01 and all I can say is 25 putts!   I started on the putting green and as soon as I put the putter on the ground next to the ball I was like...whoa!  Strange looking is the word for the putter and then I started putting with it; soft and speed control were AWESOME!  The putter doesn't feel like a marshmallow but isn't a rock either, a perfect combination of both.  The thing that I like the most is the consistency of pace and roll!  My last few putters have had a huge skip, bounce, and roll after hitting it, this one just rolls.  My friend even commented that my ball wasn't skipping anymore with this putter...he has seen me use four putters this year (lol).  

Now, to the wings...

It has been commented on that the "wings disappear/melt" while lining up a putt...absolutely true!  While I was lining putts up during my round it didn't bother me as much as I thought, they weren't a distraction at all.  I putted well but I did miss a few on the inside and outside of middle and the ball still made it to the hole and a few trickled in!  The color scheme was the best feature of these club, the black face and dark bronze (i think) looks very good and the head cover is nice too!  My only concern with the color is the black face and how it will hold up with sandy greens, I am anal when it comes to that stuff.

Round 2 tomorrow and I will report back then!  So far, I am VERY IMPRESSED with this putter!

Just curious, have you tried those "standard" Scotty Cameron 2016~2017 Select putters? I was told Concept X has exactly the same insert so I'm wondering if the feel is also the same.
Btw what putters have you used for the year prior to Concept X?
Came from a DJ Spider. Sound/feel not like the 16/17s IMHO. These are much better. Another round in and love the roll. No better or worse results than with my Spider ( I putt pretty good with either) but feel and looks are better for me.  Love it.  To each his own :-)
G400 Max - 9*<br />Ryoma F3 - 15*<br />Ping G400 - 19*<br />Ping G700, 4 thru Gap<br />Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*<br />Scotty Cameron  Concept X CX-02

19

#80 Fourpar18

Fourpar18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62108
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

We are having bad weather here so no golf this week/weekend but will report back soon.

Taylormade M3
Taylormade M4
Honma TW-U 18
Honma TW-U 21
Honma TW 737 4-10
Honma TW 50
Callaway MD Forged 56
Calaway MD  Forged 60
Toulon Atlanta

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 4rheel

4rheel

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
  • Joined: 10/26/2006
  • Location:OC, California
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

Here are some comparison pics to my favorite Cameron (notchback) putter.  Looked a lot bigger at first but not so bad now.  Distance control is great but just having a tough time getting used to the aluminum, springy feel.

CX02_topline.jpg
CX02_quarter.jpg
CX02_face.jpg
CX02_sole.jpg

21

#82 Vanderslam9

Vanderslam9

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489608
  • Joined: 12/28/2017
  • Location:Illinois
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

 Fourpar18, on 24 September 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

It my opinion, blade users should give it a try especially if they are looking for a little more forgiveness.
Why not try a wide body blade first like a Bettinardi SS28, or Odyssey 1W? This putter has the lines going in all the wrong ways, would not be able to focus on the target.
Ping G30 Driver
Tour Edge Exotics 3W
Tour Edge Exotics Driving Iron
Bridgestone J15 4-PW
Fourteen Wedge (52, 56, 60)
Ping Ketsch

22

#83 Golfer4Life

Golfer4Life

    2018 Player of the Year

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41635
  • Joined: 11/01/2007
  • Location:Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.
  • Ebay ID:hrfdez1966
GolfWRX Likes : 955

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:49 PM

Now that I look at those pictures looks like a Newport or Newport 2 with wings.  Thanks for sharing those pictures, now I can honestly say, no thanks.

Edited by Golfer4Life, 02 October 2018 - 08:50 PM.

PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......

Equipment:

A bag full of PXGís
Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009

ďCheck your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct TeesĒ

23

#84 Opinder

Opinder

    Advanced

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 511378
  • Joined: 08/30/2018
  • Location:AB, Canada
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:07 PM

Remind,

Hermes Greek god winged hat

Posted Image

24

#85 4rheel

4rheel

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
  • Joined: 10/26/2006
  • Location:OC, California
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

It's bizarre, I really like the balance of this putter but having some issues consistently pushing my putts.  I think I'm seeing the toe wing line in my peripheral and subconsciously trying to line it up through impact. If I can't get over this, off it goes.


25

#86 Tom034

Tom034

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218469
  • Joined: 12/30/2012
  • Location:Paris
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

Really like the look of it, I'm a mallet player so these really got my attention. Just wanted to know from the people who've been playing with it, does it feel heavier compared to a pure blade? I'm thinking that the wings take a bit away from the feeling

26

#87 4rheel

4rheel

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
  • Joined: 10/26/2006
  • Location:OC, California
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

No, it doesn't feel heavier, kind of a hovering feeling you get with mallets style putters if that makes any sense.

27

#88 Tom034

Tom034

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218469
  • Joined: 12/30/2012
  • Location:Paris
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:38 AM

 4rheel, on 03 October 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

No, it doesn't feel heavier, kind of a hovering feeling you get with mallets style putters if that makes any sense.

Really need to give them a try but have a hard time letting go of my futura 6M :D

28

#89 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:30 AM

 Tom034, on 03 October 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Really like the look of it, I'm a mallet player so these really got my attention. Just wanted to know from the people who've been playing with it, does it feel heavier compared to a pure blade? I'm thinking that the wings take a bit away from the feeling
I am coming from a Spider Tour. No, the wings do not take from the feeling. The wings simply are white noise to me now. I believe the new sole plate, however it’s built, just may...cause the sound/feel to be really good for my taste. Six rounds in and am averaging 2 strokes less per round and more importantly I can’t wait to get to the green to roll this thing...
G400 Max - 9*<br />Ryoma F3 - 15*<br />Ping G400 - 19*<br />Ping G700, 4 thru Gap<br />Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*<br />Scotty Cameron  Concept X CX-02

29

#90 Walkerdb7

Walkerdb7

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248047
  • Joined: 04/29/2013
  • Location:Chicago
  • Ebay ID:Walkerdb7
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

 cvhookem63, on 17 July 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

The slant neck is interesting. It is basically a slant version of the knuckle neck.

Posted Image

So I am not very technical and lack knowledge around putters. I did a proper fitting today with a pro and a track man. I was shocked to learn that I was way off of what I would buy vs what I was fitted into.

I learned that I need "toe hang" and the pro recommended a high MOI putter with a pumber's neck. I instantly thought of these new scotty's after watching the marketing videos, it seems like the 02 with the joint neck is actually better for people who want toe hang? Is that correct?

Am i correct that these are online only and I Cannot demo them anywhere?

Edited by Walkerdb7, 02 November 2018 - 08:43 PM.

G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
Tour Exotics XG7 3W Fuel Tour
Tour Exotics XG7 Hybrid Fuel Tour
4i - G Crossover
5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with Scotty Cameron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors