Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Whippy TempoMaster

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Whippy TempoMaster (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinon Count!

1. 5 (Best) (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. 4 (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. 3 (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GwrxMod

GwrxMod

Tour Winner

• Marshals
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:33 AM

The Whippy TempoMaster is used at every level of golf. It is used on all of the different professional tours all the way to the beginner. Why do pro’s use it? Because it reinforces the proper techniques in their swing with every shot they make. Why should a beginner use it? Because it is the best way to learn how to swing the club head and to stay away from the hitting instinct that is so easily developed. Why should a regular golfer use it? Because The Whippy gives them the opportunity to build on what they already know about their own swing but have had a hard time applying that knowledge in order to improve his/her own game.

whippydriver.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 golftitleist

golftitleist

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35598
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:54 PM

Having the driver smack you upside the head when you swing to fast is always nice  :blink: . Good training aid though, I use it quite a bit.

#3 FlyFish

FlyFish

FlyFish

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19815
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

I'm surprised that this training aid isn't more popular.  It's very useful for helping with tempo and transition.  The whippy shaft amplifies any swing faults that you have.  I have the original driver model, and you can crank this thing out there a ways once you get the hang of it.  

This training aide sure gets people watching you at the range though

I've never been smacked in the head by mine.

Edited by FlyFish, 31 December 2008 - 09:47 PM.

#4 wfwp

wfwp

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71884
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

Two years of use... Tempo and timing have improved dramatically.  Instant feedback during every phase of the swing is priceless.  I have the 6 iron and Putter.

#5 SizzleStix

SizzleStix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132549

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

This is, without a doubt, the best golf training aid ever.  However, IT won't improve your swing...YOU have to USE IT to improve your swing.  It takes patience, practice, and a lot of golf balls.  The "Tips and Drills" booklet (can be viewed by PDF at Tempomaster.com) is really great instruction.  If you follow Mr. Melvin's advise regarding learning to hit the club you will improve quickly.  If you try to immediately hit the ball hard and far you will give up and sell it.  Start small, start slow, and be patient...best thing you will ever buy.

#6 shige48

shige48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32872
  • Ebay ID:shige48

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

This is great training tool. My friends who are in the Asian tour are using it. Very difficult to hit, but like "SizzleStix" says, you need patient. This will imporve your swing.

Another alternative is to make your own with " UST mamimya Flex shaft". I found the shaft on ebay, http://www.ebay.com/...o&_osacat=0 and installed on my iron. It is not as difficult as whimpy TempoMaster and you get to use the iron head you normally use, also length and swing weight can be customized as well.

Edited by shige48, 10 July 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#7 Jon Robert

Jon Robert

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 163937
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I bought a 5 iron version today just because I accidentally grabbed it off the rack of clubs and the owner gave me a real good price.

I swung it a  half a dozen times to feel the completion of the back swing to realize that I don’t really have that problem.  The next 3 swings were to gauge impact position followed by 3 or 4 adjusted "lag" swings.  I instantly adjusted my lag to be perfect strikes where I was aiming. No fats no thins.  I could carve a straight line in the turf with successive swings.  I felt/adjusted my right hand behavior instantly.

Therefore I concluded at least for me that this training aid is worth every penny as a lag training aid.  Being that hitting the ball precisely where you want to is required for greatness I think I am in love with this aid.  
I suppose that the orange whip or similar aid would compare for back swing/smoothness training but with no club head it would not do for lag precision strike training.

The Whippy Tempomaster is a winner.

#8 rhh7

rhh7

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120997
  • Ebay ID:rhh7
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy a Whippy TempoMaster in Canada?

Thanks a million!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors