Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Swing critique

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RRstein82

RRstein82

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221265
  • Handicap:7.6
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

Any commentary, suggestions, etc. welcome.  Based on a tip I read on here last week, I've been working on fixing my extremely inside takeaway and flat backswing.  It's coming along but clearly a work in progress.  So far I've noticed much better consistency of strike, and the ability to hit down without having to flip through impact.  

Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/i-T71IxIfcs

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 RattlesnakeRon

RattlesnakeRon

Student of the Game

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393004
GolfWRX Likes : 655

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

Video is “unavailable”

#3 RRstein82

RRstein82

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

Ah, sorry.  Should be good to go now.

#4 RattlesnakeRon

RattlesnakeRon

Student of the Game

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393004
GolfWRX Likes : 655

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

Pretty good move, no more inside takeaway. Shallowing in transition a bit, too.

You’re a bit open to path at P6 which probably makes you too handsy to square the face. Might try to get hands a little deeper at the top, over your heels, then add a little left wrist flexion ( or stronger grip) to get the face angle same as your spine angle at P6 so you can just turn thru with no hand action.

Posted Image

#5 FourTops

FourTops

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500886
  • Handicap:5.7
GolfWRX Likes : 722

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

Did you move closer to the ball to get the more upright back swing?   You look almost too close to the ball at address....just IMO.

#6 RRstein82

RRstein82

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

View PostFourTops, on 13 July 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Did you move closer to the ball to get the more upright back swing?   You look almost too close to the ball at address....just IMO.

Nope, set up is the same (at least as far as I know...).  My feeling is that I'm taking the club outside the target line in order to come way in to out.  Always thought that what I was doing when I wanted to hit a fade, but turns out it was just this swing.  Might explain why I hit double crosses every time I tried to fade the ball...

View PostRattlesnakeRon, on 13 July 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

You’re a bit open to path at P6 which probably makes you too handsy to square the face. Might try to get hands a little deeper at the top, over your heels, then add a little left wrist flexion ( or stronger grip) to get the face angle same as your spine angle at P6 so you can just turn thru with no hand action.

Posted Image

Thanks.  I see what you mean.  That might contribute to the feeling of not being comfortable on the downswing.  Will try to get the club a little more square to closed coming down.

#7 FourTops

FourTops

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

View PostRRstein82, on 13 July 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Nope, set up is the same (at least as far as I know...).  My feeling is that I'm taking the club outside the target line in order to come way in to out.  Always thought that what I was doing when I wanted to hit a fade, but turns out it was just this swing.  Might explain why I hit double crosses every time I tried to fade the ball...

Posted Image

Thanks.  I see what you mean.  That might contribute to the feeling of not being comfortable on the downswing.  Will try to get the club a little more square to closed coming down.

I struggled with your issue...flat...laid-off back swing...my fix was to take the club back outside target line on the back swing....but that was not good either because I ended up creating a "figure 8" loop-type back/down swing.  In practice, I suggest putting an alignment stick or club 45 degrees to your takeaway.  Take the club back on that line...but the trick is to rotate up and allow your right wrist to put the club into position.  This is hard to explain...but your right hand works more "up" as you rotate back, countering the potential for a flat back swing, so if you froze at the top...your right hand would "face" down range on the practice range, or like you could face your palm at the guy in the next hitting bay.

Edited by FourTops, 14 July 2018 - 12:05 AM.

#8 bogeypro

bogeypro

The Original Bogeypro

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1584

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

Posted Image

from this point in the downswing, just turn turn turn turn...  Your hips need to be more open through impact.  Looking really good.  I like the short backswing and the flattening.  Just get to turning through impact.
Taylormade M1 440 tour driver
Taylormade M1 3 wood (2017)
Titleist 818 H2 3 hybrid Atmos Blue 8s
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw PXi 6.0 or 716 CB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey 50f/56m
Scotty Newport 33" with 10 gram weights

#9 FourTops

FourTops

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

View Postbogeypro, on 14 July 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

from this point in the downswing, just turn turn turn turn...  Your hips need to be more open through impact.  Looking really good.  I like the short backswing and the flattening.  Just get to turning through impact.

Well stated..."from there....turn turn turn".  It's so easy to "stop" or "slow" the body as the club approaches the ball.  I use an impact bag to practice that because the impact bag never "lies"....lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors