Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Snake Eyes S&W - Thank You Stu!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TimV

TimV

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1881

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

This is the set that will go out tomorrow to play at Delray Beach GC...  http://www.delraybeachgolfclub.com/
The SE 19 degree Quick Strike is set up just a little shorter than a modern 3 Wood to play as a 4 Wood. The Snake Eyes S&W MB1: 3 iron is set at 39 1/2" and dropping a 1/2" down thru the 10 iron, MP 52-07, and Vokey 258-08. I will be playing a brass milled face Answer style Slotline Putter. I shafted the Snake Eyes heads (generously sent by Stu) with TT Extra Lite .355 taper tips with Sensicore and gripped them with jumbo Karacal wrap style grips.
Assuming that these perform as expected (and I will work to see that they do) I plan on selling both my Mizuno Cimarrons and Ping G10's as complete full sets with bag here locally to get a start on funding the G700 purchase I want to make.
I will also continue playing the 67/68 Spaldings, 71/72 WS, and occasionally the 60/61 WS. I am keeping the Palmer Tru-Matic and lil'David Slinger sets as loaners should any of my erstwhile vintage playing WRXer friends make it this far south.
Pics below.
Keep Swinging,
Tim

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vintage:
60-61 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t MacGregor Tourney Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Signature Brass Putter

67-68 Spalding Top Flite Professional 2-PW & Palmer FTD SW  w/t Cobra Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, T.P.M. 12 Putter

Classic:
71-72 Wilson Staff Button Backs 2-PW & R61 Sandy Andy SW w/t Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver and 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney SAT 5 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter

Modern Classic:
'1995' Snake Eyes S&W Forged 3-10 Irons, Hubby Habjan Scotch Blade 2 Iron, Mizuno MP 52-07, Titleist 258-08 Vokey, w/t TaylorMade R5 Dual 10.5 degree Driver, Snake Eyes Quickstrike 19 degree 4 Wood, Brass Anser Style Slotline Putter

Modern:
2016 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Forged 4-GW Irons, Wilson Harmonized 55 degree SW, w/t TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0: 10.5 degree Driver, 18 degree 4 Wood, 21 degree Hybrid. Tour Edge CNC Milled Feel III Putter

For S&G:
lil' David Slingers 2-PW w/t Tracks USA 10 degree Driver, 15 degree 3 Wood, and Brass Rammer 3000 USA Putter
*Ridiculous offset on all of these. You have to see it to believe it!  

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 and only...
(You can join but you have to get the tattoo)

Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 scomac2002

scomac2002

Inside the Starters' Hut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109841
GolfWRX Likes : 15060

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

That Snake Eyes hybrid reminds me of my Nickents.    The shafts remind me of the TT multi-step lite that I had in a set of Adams A4's back in the day that played particularly well.  Nice set of clubs you've built there, Tim.  :good:
Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM R7 425 11.5°
Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°

TM '09 Rescue 25°
TM Burner Plus 6-PW

TM Zip 56°
TM White Smoke Big Fontana

#3 birly-shirly

birly-shirly

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62323
GolfWRX Likes : 2425

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:12 AM

Nice job Tim and Stu!

Can't believe the Cimarrons are going up for sale though. I've heard only great things about those original Snake Eyes heads, but that doesn't mean they're going to feel like the Mizzies.

#4 TimV

TimV

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1881

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

Oh H_ll Ya!
What an awesome feeling combination of heads, shafts, grips. Shot around 81 my first time out with them.
(Didn't keep score but know I had an even split of par and boogie.)
B.S. : The Mizuno Cimarrons are awesome but as understanding as my wife is she's still only going to let me have so many sets without giving me grief. I figure the Mizuno set will be a relatively easy sell and I need to start funding my G700 purchase.
Keep Swinging,
Tim
Vintage:
60-61 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t MacGregor Tourney Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Signature Brass Putter

67-68 Spalding Top Flite Professional 2-PW & Palmer FTD SW  w/t Cobra Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, T.P.M. 12 Putter

Classic:
71-72 Wilson Staff Button Backs 2-PW & R61 Sandy Andy SW w/t Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver and 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney SAT 5 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter

Modern Classic:
'1995' Snake Eyes S&W Forged 3-10 Irons, Hubby Habjan Scotch Blade 2 Iron, Mizuno MP 52-07, Titleist 258-08 Vokey, w/t TaylorMade R5 Dual 10.5 degree Driver, Snake Eyes Quickstrike 19 degree 4 Wood, Brass Anser Style Slotline Putter

Modern:
2016 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Forged 4-GW Irons, Wilson Harmonized 55 degree SW, w/t TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0: 10.5 degree Driver, 18 degree 4 Wood, 21 degree Hybrid. Tour Edge CNC Milled Feel III Putter

For S&G:
lil' David Slingers 2-PW w/t Tracks USA 10 degree Driver, 15 degree 3 Wood, and Brass Rammer 3000 USA Putter
*Ridiculous offset on all of these. You have to see it to believe it!  

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 and only...
(You can join but you have to get the tattoo)

Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

#5 BIG STU

BIG STU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 27828

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

They look good in that bag better than in the old Lynx Staff bag in the corner of my shop collecting dust and rust. Glad you adopted them and gave them a good home. Footnote--- I think the shafts out of the Snake Eyes are going into MP-68s. More than likely going to pull the Sensicore High Launch out of my beloved worn out VIPs and put them in the 58 Diamondbacks. I do know after this morning me and heavy stiff Pro Pel 2 shafts are done. I hit balls this AM with the Diamondbacks and my back is killing me. Talked to Bear this morning in NY and he told me I was gonna mess myself up with those old heavy stiff shafts. He seems to think those 68s will be one heck of a set with those matched R-300s in them. I know those 82 VIPS with the Hogan Apex #2 shafts are as smooth as a Mother's Love and my back does not hurt. I know if I really want to go way back vintage golf the Precisions do not have real stiff heavy shafts and neither do my 925 Armours

Edited by BIG STU, 14 July 2018 - 02:51 PM.

Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 11 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

#6 PALS-SSA

PALS-SSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24670
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

Had a set of those back in the day and got my first ace with the 8 iron.  But, they had to eventually get sold.  Too much offset for me and didn't feel as good as some other forgings of that vintage.  

That said, I still have a set of the EV wedges in my vintage bag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors