Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* - - - - 1 votes

WRX selling practices? I said I'll buy for asking then turns around and sells to another after...


76 replies to this topic

#1 Barfolomew

Barfolomew

    #worstWRXer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379468
  • Joined: 06/07/2015
  • Location:Cruisin Sunset
GolfWRX Likes : 407

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

Hey Guys!  So I said I would buy some new balls for asking price today PMd for paypal addy....but he wasnt on and he responds half hour later but I was only on for 10 mins after.... I get home from gym and he sold them already.  Now I have many years of forum experience softball/cars/camera etc... and normally the seller gives the buyer a reasonable amount of time to pay for them specially if they have good feedback like me.

Whats the etiquette on wrx cause I thought it wasnt cool.  People dont just hang out online waiting hours for responses so gotta give people time to pay etc... when a price is agreed upon or says I'll take for asking.

Thanks!

G30 LS
M2 BMW
XR 4 Hybrid
OnOffOnAgain Kuros
Cleveland Blob
Square Strike
SeeMore Butts

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 tuckman

tuckman

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276833
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

It always goes to the first one to pay.

Always.



2

#3 adizero

adizero

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344021
  • Joined: 10/10/2014
  • Location:SW Ohio
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:tom6897
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:55 PM

I typically Let the seller know I only check my mail on the hour and will pay ASAP after receiving their payment address. Never had a sale go bad using multiple sites.
Nike Covert 2.0 10.5*
Callaway Fusion 13.5*
KZG Forged II M CB 3-PW Rifle 5.5 +1"
Cleveland T/A 900 Forged  52*, 56*, 60*
Ping Anser 35" (2001)
OGIO Sport "Stinger SKV" bag
TaylorMade TPx, Callaway Chrome+, Srixon Q-Star Tour

3

#4 ntwusc

ntwusc

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105538
  • Joined: 03/29/2010
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Ebay ID:ntwusc
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:25 AM

First one to pay gets the item. Flakes abound on this and other forums.

4

#5 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

I feel your pain OP but if he sent you ppal address and he sold it an hour later then I have to side with the seller. Must be a hot item. You should've anticipate his reply anytime.


5

#6 PALS-SSA

PALS-SSA

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24670
  • Joined: 01/28/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

There are no rules here.  It's ironic, since this game is supposed to be about honor and integrity.  You'd think that telling someone that they have a deal would result in payment.  Unfortunately, people back out all the time.

6

#7 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 3,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:NH native stuck in Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:6.1

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

View Posttuckman, on 12 July 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

It always goes to the first one to pay.

Always.

Always.

As someone who's bought/sold a lot on here, just telling a seller "I'll take it, send Paypal address" means nothing. I've had so many people back out in cases like that its not even funny. And usually it means letting other potential buyers walk away while you're waiting on the guy who eventually backs out on you.

In this case it seems to me the seller responded in a reasonable amount of time. Dont mean to be too harsh but honestly OP, if you really wanted the item, you probably should have waited the extra twenty minutes to go to the gym.
M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW - Steelfiber 110s
TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

7

#8 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17492

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:30 AM

View PostBarfolomew, on 12 July 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Hey Guys!  So I said I would buy some new balls for asking price today PMd for paypal addy....but he wasnt on and he responds half hour later but I was only on for 10 mins after.... I get home from gym and he sold them already.  Now I have many years of forum experience softball/cars/camera etc... and normally the seller gives the buyer a reasonable amount of time to pay for them specially if they have good feedback like me.

Whats the etiquette on wrx cause I thought it wasnt cool.  People dont just hang out online waiting hours for responses so gotta give people time to pay etc... when a price is agreed upon or says I'll take for asking.

Thanks!

If I am the seller, and there is an offer and acceptance, then I feel bound to honor that...even if a better offer comes up later.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

8

#9 SBH9458

SBH9458

    Go Army! Beat Navy!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 337505
  • Joined: 09/01/2014
  • Location:WV
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:37 AM

View PostSean2, on 13 July 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

View PostBarfolomew, on 12 July 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Hey Guys!  So I said I would buy some new balls for asking price today PMd for paypal addy....but he wasnt on and he responds half hour later but I was only on for 10 mins after.... I get home from gym and he sold them already.  Now I have many years of forum experience softball/cars/camera etc... and normally the seller gives the buyer a reasonable amount of time to pay for them specially if they have good feedback like me.

Whats the etiquette on wrx cause I thought it wasnt cool.  People dont just hang out online waiting hours for responses so gotta give people time to pay etc... when a price is agreed upon or says I'll take for asking.

Thanks!

If I am the seller, and there is an offer and acceptance, then I feel bound to honor that...even if a better offer comes up later.

I agree, Sean. And have done just that. If I accept the offer, then I work with the buyer to receive payment within a reasonable amount of time. I’ve turned down higher offers after I’ve accepted an offer because I think that’s the right way to go, and what I’d hope for from a seller when I am the buyer. That said....if someone strings you along, selling to someone else after fair notice is also appropriate.

9

#10 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17492

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:46 AM

View PostSBH9458, on 13 July 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

View PostSean2, on 13 July 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

View PostBarfolomew, on 12 July 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Hey Guys!  So I said I would buy some new balls for asking price today PMd for paypal addy....but he wasnt on and he responds half hour later but I was only on for 10 mins after.... I get home from gym and he sold them already.  Now I have many years of forum experience softball/cars/camera etc... and normally the seller gives the buyer a reasonable amount of time to pay for them specially if they have good feedback like me.

Whats the etiquette on wrx cause I thought it wasnt cool.  People dont just hang out online waiting hours for responses so gotta give people time to pay etc... when a price is agreed upon or says I'll take for asking.

Thanks!

If I am the seller, and there is an offer and acceptance, then I feel bound to honor that...even if a better offer comes up later.

I agree, Sean. And have done just that. If I accept the offer, then I work with the buyer to receive payment within a reasonable amount of time. I’ve turned down higher offers after I’ve accepted an offer because I think that’s the right way to go, and what I’d hope for from a seller when I am the buyer. That said....if someone strings you along, selling to someone else after fair notice is also appropriate.

I think this is the best way to go about it.

Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 595

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:17 AM

I know from listing a few items recently.  It's not uncommon to have multiple offers come in within a few moments of each other.

I usually read them all before responding.  If one is committing right there and asking for PayPal and others are counter offering or asking for more info.  I'm going to accept the one that committed.  Even if it came in within 20 to 30 minutes of others.  

I had someone get upset at me last year as he didn't believe he wasn't the first to reply.  

I of course reply to all inquiries letting them know I've accepted another offer.

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2, 13 July 2018 - 07:40 AM.

PING G400 MAX 10.5 Fujikura Pro 2.0 65g R
Titleist F2 917 18* Diamana 60g S+
Titleist 816 H1 21* Diamana S+
PING G400 4-P Nippon Modus Tour 105 R
Titleist SM7 50.8, 54.8 and 58.12
Odyssey EXO #7 35"

11

#12 Bad9

Bad9

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94897
  • Joined: 09/21/2009
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:9.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1890

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:56 AM

From the sellers point of view you could have been one of the many flakes that populate the BST. There are probably dozens if not hundreds of examples given about how sellers have given their PP addy only to never hear from the "buyer" again. Unless he said pay me by 3pm and its yours and sold them to someone else at 2:30pm then I have no issue with him selling them to someone else. This is especially true, if I understand your timeline correctly, that he sent you his PP info and you saw his message(which he can see that you read) and then you went dark for some period of hours.
Ping 400 SFT 12°/Alta CB 55 r flex
Ping G 5w/Alta 65 r flex
Maltby KE4 ST-H 20°Xcaliber FW r flex

Maltby KE4 ST-H 24°Xcaliber FW r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
Maltby DBM 6-G/Xcaliber r flex
Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06

12

#13 nogamejames

nogamejames

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86437
  • Joined: 06/23/2009
  • Location:Bay area California
  • Ebay ID:jamesa666666
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:23 AM

I will give the buyer and hour or so then go down the line. If it is a buyer with a decent feedback score I will give them a little longer, these stars should mean something. The flaking issue has gotten really bad the last couple years.
WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot 19* Voodoo VS8
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
52,56,60: Nike Engage Square KBS Tour V
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

13

#14 payerasjl

payerasjl

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444444
  • Joined: 10/21/2016
  • Location:MIA-CLO
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:32 AM

no ticky, no laundry.
CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
Get scratch or die trying

14

#15 nogamejames

nogamejames

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86437
  • Joined: 06/23/2009
  • Location:Bay area California
  • Ebay ID:jamesa666666
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:46 AM

View Postpayerasjl, on 13 July 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

no ticky, no laundry.

You're fired! (in fed ex logo)


WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot 19* Voodoo VS8
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
52,56,60: Nike Engage Square KBS Tour V
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

15

#16 wkuo3

wkuo3

    RELEASE

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20890
  • Joined: 10/24/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 612

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:53 AM

Not totally clear of the whole timeline of correspondence between the seller and the OP.

The devil is in the detail....... and if the seller believe he treats everyone fairly, he should receive payment pronto after account info was exchanged. I had also had buyers said I'll take it and then never hear from them for a long time.  A simple promise to buy does not bond the deal together.  It's the sequence of communication and the execution of the promises from the communication counts.

If the buyer said I'll take it, the seller should send payment info as soon as possible ( otherwise explained ), then the buyer should send funds immediately thereafter ( otherwise communicated to the seller of why not, and the seller could accept the delay or not ).

As in most of the contractual dispute rules in the past, any notices from either of the parties changes the the body of the whole contract....including past agreement and such.  Keep it simple stupid and keep it clear.
Never assume anything unless clarified by both sides.

I will take it.......pp sent... payment sent , thx...... payment received thx.....tracking #......received thx.....

Edited by wkuo3, 13 July 2018 - 07:53 AM.


16

#17 joekelli

joekelli

    A member of the exclusive "Kingdom 14"

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63983
  • Joined: 08/23/2008
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
  • Ebay ID:joekelli300
GolfWRX Likes : 335

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:58 AM

Sounds kind of messed up. If someone has agreed to buy I will put Sale pending on the thread and then give them some time to pay. If no payment I will send a PM and give them a chance to respond. If they do not respond in an hour or two I will then offer to the next in line.

I understand that some people have jobs that they can not be online during the day. But I must say if you are one of those people you need to state that when you agree to purchase. Just put in your message that you do want the item but can not get back on line until x:xx time to make the payment. I think most sellers would be cool with that?!
Ping G LS Tec 9* Oban Devotion 75x
Callaway Epic 15*  Oban Devotion 75x
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* Tour green 75-X
TaylorMade RSi2 5-pw  CTAPER 130X
TM EF spin 52, 56 & 60
Putter- TM JD Spider s
Machine M2A converter
Ball-  Kirkland Signature or TM TP5 x
WITB Link

17

#18 Albatross85

Albatross85

    The straightest hitters in golf don't hit it straight

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 268050
  • Joined: 08/02/2013
  • Location:St. Louis, MO
  • Handicap:+2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1630

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

First to pay gets it. Period. No reason to get butthurt. Why would a seller risk losing a sale if someone doesnt pay? Once an ad gets to the 2nd page on bst, it's less likely to sell.
Cobra F8+ 8* Tensei Pro White 70TX proto 44.5" D4
TM Tour Issue 16' M2 14.5* Tensei Pro White 80TX proto 42.75" D4
Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi #2 17.5* Handcrafted HZRDUS 105 6.5 39.75" D2
Titleist 712U 4 iron C-taper S+ 125
Wilson FG Tour V6 5-Pw PX LZ 6.5 +3/8" D3.5 off 46* PW
SM6 50.12F PX LZ 6.5 + 3/8"" D6
SM6 56.08M Raw DG TI Onyx S400 +1/4" D7
Vokey TVD TX3 Black 61.09M DG TI Onyx S400 +3/8"" D7
Odyssey Tour Only Jailbird Versa Plumbers Neck w/ White Hot Pro insert
Bridgestone Tour B XS
WITB Link

18

#19 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3703

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:12 AM

If I had a dollar for every person that messaged me “I’ll take it! What’s your PayPal?”, then disappeared, I wouldn’t need to sell my used golf equipment to fund new purchases.
Driver: TaylorMade M2 ('16) 10.5° Matrix Speed Rulz C-Type Proto
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 15
° Diamana D+ 70 Limited
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 18° (19.5° small head) Red Tie 8Q3
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 23° OG Ozik Altus
Irons: Srixon 545 5-pw Recoil 110
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48
°, 54°, 58° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Bosa Prototype raw
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

19

#20 magnus7319

magnus7319

    A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65254
  • Joined: 09/09/2008
  • Location:Syracuse, NY
  • Handicap:+2.2
GolfWRX Likes : 503

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

First to pay. Always. Dozens and dozens of times I've had the "I'll take it - what's your paypal?"

Typically if I'm buying something, and send someone a message, I'll try to be online, or on mobile, refreshing the PM pretty often until I get a reply.

Unfortunately, as a seller, you just don't know who will be the guy who gets the paypal address and sits on it or who sends payment immediately.

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
Some driving iron for my home Links course
Titleist Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2 or Pings
A Vokey wedge or 2
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Damenace613

Damenace613

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345633
  • Joined: 10/21/2014
  • Location:Sunny San Diego
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:34 AM

I was a potential buyer this week where the seller sent out the PayPal to multiple folks and I was a split second too slow. Was I bummed? A little, but he refunded the funds right away and we moved on.

A while back I was in the similar situation where I was the seller and there were multiple buyers. The first person who said "I'll take it!" didn't pay first so it was sold to someone else. They then proceeded to leave me negative feedback on my profile. I was able to dispute with the mods and it was removed. It's definitely "first to pay" in my book.
Taylormade M2 (2016) Atmos TS Black
Taylormade M1 (2016) 3HL Aldila Black
Callaway Apex 3H Kuro Kage HB 80
TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

21

#22 justincredible04

justincredible04

    Justincase1004

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60545
  • Joined: 07/15/2008
  • Location:Idaho
  • Ebay ID:justincase1004
GolfWRX Likes : 495

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

First to pay is always that answer...

However, there was one deal that was super hot and I swear that I responded within less than a minute of it posting one time and the seller said it was already sold...I'm still pretty skeptical about that one. I think at the risk of sounding like he made a mistake with pricing, he ended up just saying it was sold. Oh well.

22

#23 justincredible04

justincredible04

    Justincase1004

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60545
  • Joined: 07/15/2008
  • Location:Idaho
  • Ebay ID:justincase1004
GolfWRX Likes : 495

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

View PostDamenace613, on 13 July 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

I was a potential buyer this week where the seller sent out the PayPal to multiple folks and I was a split second too slow. Was I bummed? A little, but he refunded the funds right away and we moved on.

A while back I was in the similar situation where I was the seller and there were multiple buyers. The first person who said "I'll take it!" didn't pay first so it was sold to someone else. They then proceeded to leave me negative feedback on my profile. I was able to dispute with the mods and it was removed. It's definitely "first to pay" in my book.

Dang, that's pretty lame. It's like if someone says they'll take it and waffles...and then gets mad at the seller for not holding their item wants to leave negative feedback? For what? No transaction took place. If I could leave negative feedback for all the WTB posts I respond to with exact specs and price negotiations that "did not" take place I'd run out of negative feedback to leave lol.

23

#24 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Fairfield TWP
GolfWRX Likes : 3443

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

I always put in my ads "will not hold, first to pay gets item" and that was done since when I first started listing items I would get the "I'll take it whats paypal - then crickets".  I would note in my ad "pending sale" as well.

I even reached out to a few sellers with tons of feedback to get their opinion on this.  The consensus was to take the approach of not holding and selling to the first person who pays.

Ive been on the short end as well, paying for an item but someone beat me to it.  I was refunded.

Ive had to refund when I get payment from 2 parties.  I offer an apology and explanation to the person I am refunding.

OP, if you wanted the item that bad, you gotta hang around the PC and see the deal thru.  Thats the only way.  Flakes have made it that way.
LTD Pro - Elements Chrome+ 6f4
Rogue SZ 3W - Diamana LTD S+ 80s
Callaway UT 19* - UST Utility Proto 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds -  Rifle 6.0
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
Srixon Z Star XV

24

#25 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Fairfield TWP
GolfWRX Likes : 3443

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostDamenace613, on 13 July 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:


A while back I was in the similar situation where I was the seller and there were multiple buyers. The first person who said "I'll take it!" didn't pay first so it was sold to someone else. They then proceeded to leave me negative feedback on my profile. I was able to dispute with the mods and it was removed. It's definitely "first to pay" in my book.

Lame.  Glad you got it sorted out.

LTD Pro - Elements Chrome+ 6f4
Rogue SZ 3W - Diamana LTD S+ 80s
Callaway UT 19* - UST Utility Proto 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds -  Rifle 6.0
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
Srixon Z Star XV

25

#26 Adbeach321

Adbeach321

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404664
  • Joined: 12/03/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:04 AM

First to pay.  I got burnt by this once as well, sucks but it's the fairest way.

26

#27 magnus7319

magnus7319

    A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65254
  • Joined: 09/09/2008
  • Location:Syracuse, NY
  • Handicap:+2.2
GolfWRX Likes : 503

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

View PostLord Helmet, on 13 July 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

I always put in my ads "will not hold, first to pay gets item" and that was done since when I first started listing items I would get the "I'll take it whats paypal - then crickets".  I would note in my ad "pending sale" as well.

I even reached out to a few sellers with tons of feedback to get their opinion on this.  The consensus was to take the approach of not holding and selling to the first person who pays.

Ive been on the short end as well, paying for an item but someone beat me to it.  I was refunded.

Ive had to refund when I get payment from 2 parties.  I offer an apology and explanation to the person I am refunding.

OP, if you wanted the item that bad, you gotta hang around the PC and see the deal thru.  Thats the only way.  Flakes have made it that way.

Perfectly explained!
M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
Some driving iron for my home Links course
Titleist Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2 or Pings
A Vokey wedge or 2
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

27

#28 Damenace613

Damenace613

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345633
  • Joined: 10/21/2014
  • Location:Sunny San Diego
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostLord Helmet, on 13 July 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

View PostDamenace613, on 13 July 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:


A while back I was in the similar situation where I was the seller and there were multiple buyers. The first person who said "I'll take it!" didn't pay first so it was sold to someone else. They then proceeded to leave me negative feedback on my profile. I was able to dispute with the mods and it was removed. It's definitely "first to pay" in my book.

Lame.  Glad you got it sorted out.

Yeah, I was being courtesy because he gifted the payment. I still have my original message. For a fun read from March 2017:

(Name removed), I'm surprised that you would provide negative feedback. You are fairly new to this forum but it's always been first to pay not first to message. There are too many flakes that say they want it but never end up paying. I also gave you valuable advice in terms of gifting payment. I could've kept the payment because you theoretically gave me cash for no reason but I was honest enough to send you the payment back immediately. You can look at my previous feedback that I handle all transactions as if I were on the other side. I've reported the feedback to get it removed so we'll see what feedback is given.
Taylormade M2 (2016) Atmos TS Black
Taylormade M1 (2016) 3HL Aldila Black
Callaway Apex 3H Kuro Kage HB 80
TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

28

#29 cadman88

cadman88

    Advanced Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114210
  • Joined: 09/02/2010
  • Location:Buffalo / Rochester, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 447

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but if I'm selling something I don't put my PayPal information on the listing, I just don't like too. But if I have a couple of people asking to purchase an item, I will always go by who sent the first PM.. and I will tell the second one there is one person in front of them, and that I have given the first person notice there is another party interested and state a time line that the first person has remaining to send funds. I guess I can understand the "first to pay" thinking, but I don't find it too taxing to send all parties interested a message where they stand.
Taylormade M3 12°, Tensei Blue 60x (45" D2, 272 CPM's)
Taylormade M3 3HL, Tensei Blue 75x (43" D3.5 276 CPM's)
Taylormade M3 3/19° Rescue, Tensei Blue 80HYs (40.75" D3 275 CPM's)
Taylormade M3 4/21° Rescue, Tensei Blue 80HYs (40.25" D3 278 CPM's)
Taylormade P770 5-PW, AW Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400
Taylormade MG 54°-11° SB, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Hi-Toe 60°, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 35"

29

#30 alfie

alfie

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40738
  • Joined: 10/12/2007
  • Ebay ID:babybruce21
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:29 AM

View Posttuckman, on 12 July 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

It always goes to the first one to pay.

Always.

^^^ This! Whether it's right or not, unfortunatelly it seems that's the standard rule, specially online...   ^^^


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors