Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Swing Speed of the Senior Gods


42 replies to this topic

#1 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:36 PM

IMG-7719.JPG

Not bad for age 66. 117 driver ss, measured today, for those like me with a smattering of eye disease. Ball cleared the back fence and reportedly hit an elk in Saskatchewan.  

For all you cynics and skeptics thinking, "I've seen this dude, can't break 95 on his best day, gotta be tech error," well how do you explain the cart girl sitting nearby who looked up from her phone for a moment?

Forever, I will tell you I have a SS of 117.  That 230 yard drive you think I just hit, I must need a stiffer shaft to really take advantage of my prodigious speed.  Just having a bad day today, but tomorrow, I'll be back in form.

Edited by wmblake2000, 12 July 2018 - 07:35 PM.

Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

What did I just read?  :)

2

#3 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10284

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

Can I buy pot from you?
Mizuno ST-180 10.5/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 60s
Callaway BBA 816 16/PX Evenflow Blue 75s
Mizuno Mp-54 3-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Srixon Z-Star

WITB

3

#4 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

Edited to remove the goofiest of my lame sense of humor.  

And no pot for sale today.  Those days are long gone except for the permanent damage done to world view.
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

4

#5 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10284

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 July 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Edited to remove the goofiest of my lame sense of humor.  

And no pot for sale today.  Those days are long gone except for the permanent damage done to world view.

Aw... :(

Mizuno ST-180 10.5/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 60s
Callaway BBA 816 16/PX Evenflow Blue 75s
Mizuno Mp-54 3-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Srixon Z-Star

WITB

5

#6 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 12 July 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 July 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Edited to remove the goofiest of my lame sense of humor.  

And no pot for sale today.  Those days are long gone except for the permanent damage done to world view.

Aw... :(

Just come visit in CA... plenty of weed for sale.  It's legal, people advertise consulting services to help you start your own pot business.
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

6

#7 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17511

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, but what did you shoot? :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

7

#8 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

Last time I measured SS was at local golf store - GC2.  Driver maxed out around 88. This was maybe 12-18 months ago.

Today, the real SS topped out at 96.  I only saw 95 one other time in my life, that was 25 years ago.  

Gym, stretching, Monte.  100 is possible.  

I am stoked. And LOVED seeing that 117.  Hilarious.  Immediately thought of that elk in Saskatchewan.  (The alternative idea was "a jackasz in Orange County")

View PostSean2, on 12 July 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Yeah, but what did you shoot? :-)

Hey, I hit an elk.  Isn't that enough shooting?
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

8

#9 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17511

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

Well, people always wondered whether William Blake was a mystic or a madman. :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

9

#10 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 6969

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

I have nothing to add except that I wanted to be a part of this thread. :)

Callaway GBB
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Callaway Steelhead 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Jones Utility
Ball, KSig or a bunch of ProV's I won in a charity scramble.  
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

View PostSean2, on 12 July 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Well, people always wondered whether William Blake was a mystic or a madman. :-)

Indeed.  That thin line, where delight bursts out of the seams and scatters in the wind.  I took a class in Blake's poetry in college and this old, Southern alcoholic with a smoker's raspy voice like thunder read Blake and I loved it.  I saw some of his woodcuts at the Huntington Library in LA.
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

11

#12 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:59 PM

View Postdlygrisse, on 12 July 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

I have nothing to add except that I wanted to be a part of this thread. :)

Excellent.  I should rename it, 'golf without all the dread; let your freak flag fly. Lunacy and frivolity welcomed and encouraged. No debating nothing about golf. Double negatives encouraged.'
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

12

#13 Kenny Lee Puckett

Kenny Lee Puckett

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379660
  • Joined: 06/08/2015
  • Location:Arizona USA
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2944

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

wmblake2000, whoa, whoa, whoa, that's enough of this "117 mph" stuff there sir. I'm contacting the commissioners office immediately. Starting you on random testing for PEDS. If you've been getting needle injected in the @ss by Jose Canseco just fess up to it now and they might go easier on you.








:D ;)
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be  video on course practice 5/2016

Ping G LST: Ping Tour 80
Ping Anser 4wd: Accra S3-80 RT
PXG 0317 Hybrid: Fujikura 8D07HB

Ping S55 4-PW: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
Ping Glide 2.0  50/54/58 SS: DG Tour Issue
Ping Anser F Ti-Pixel

Ping 703 Cord/Lamkin Players Cord/Pingman putter grip
Ping Sensor glove/Srixon 2017 Z-Star XV
Ping Hoofer 2016 bag

13

#14 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:15 PM

View PostKenny Lee Puckett, on 12 July 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

wmblake2000, whoa, whoa, whoa, that's enough of this "117 mph" stuff there sir. I'm contacting the commissioners office immediately. Starting you on random testing for PEDS. If you've been getting needle injected in the @ss by Jose Canseco just fess up to it now and they might go easier on you.








:D ;)

117, dude.

Live with it.

I am the man!

Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

14

#15 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412064
  • Joined: 02/13/2016
  • Location:New Orleans
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:27 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 12 July 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Can I buy pot from you?
For the win.

Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
Cleveland Smart Square Blade

15

#16 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

Ok, but here's what little serious there is in this nonsense. I really am 66.  I just saw over a year's time (or thereabouts) 8-10 mph increase in swing speed, equaling my speed when I was much younger.  

Gym. Stretch. Better swing mechanics.  And then trust.  

I'm just a little blown away.  I can't wait to get to the range again.  Can't play until Wednesday, but can't wait to play again.
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

16

#17 Lefthook

Lefthook

    Golf nerd

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101445
  • Joined: 01/06/2010
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 446

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:00 AM

So cool to beat the age. Enjoy!


17

#18 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17511

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:20 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 13 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Ok, but here's what little serious there is in this nonsense. I really am 66.  I just saw over a year's time (or thereabouts) 8-10 mph increase in swing speed, equaling my speed when I was much younger.  

Gym. Stretch. Better swing mechanics.  And then trust.  

I'm just a little blown away.  I can't wait to get to the range again.  Can't play until Wednesday, but can't wait to play again.

Your passion has been reignited...which at our age is a good thing. :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

18

#19 Obee

Obee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Joined: 01/09/2009
  • Location:Riverside, CA, USA
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 4316

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:21 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 13 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Ok, but here's what little serious there is in this nonsense. I really am 66.  I just saw over a year's time (or thereabouts) 8-10 mph increase in swing speed, equaling my speed when I was much younger.  

Gym. Stretch. Better swing mechanics.  And then trust.  

I'm just a little blown away.  I can't wait to get to the range again.  Can't play until Wednesday, but can't wait to play again.

What stretches???
PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)

19

#20 leekgolf

leekgolf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1950
  • Joined: 06/26/2005
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 July 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Last time I measured SS was at local golf store - GC2.  Driver maxed out around 88. This was maybe 12-18 months ago.

Today, the real SS topped out at 96.  I only saw 95 one other time in my life, that was 25 years ago.  

Gym, stretching, Monte.  100 is possible.  

I am stoked. And LOVED seeing that 117.  Hilarious.  Immediately thought of that elk in Saskatchewan.  (The alternative idea was "a jackasz in Orange County")

View PostSean2, on 12 July 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Yeah, but what did you shoot? :-)

Hey, I hit an elk.  Isn't that enough shooting?

Are you still doing the Drive 400 program?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 hybrid25

hybrid25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 728

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

California used to be a state I would dream of living in, now...
Do they still play golf out there? I mean, it's a difficult game, where instant gratification is pretty much impossible.

21

#22 Swingman420

Swingman420

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 506716
  • Joined: 07/08/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

Gods?  They must be crazy 😜.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=iv83ZzB7hqU

22

#23 mfm22

mfm22

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29840
  • Joined: 05/26/2007
  • Location:L.I. N.Y.
  • Ebay ID:MFM22
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

Love to hear more details on your exercise / stretching routine ....  

Looking for something for my achey  breaky  body feel better -  sitting at desk most of day has not helped my 60 + yr old body

23

#24 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 6987

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 July 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

View PostKenny Lee Puckett, on 12 July 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

wmblake2000, whoa, whoa, whoa, that's enough of this "117 mph" stuff there sir. I'm contacting the commissioners office immediately. Starting you on random testing for PEDS. If you've been getting needle injected in the @ss by Jose Canseco just fess up to it now and they might go easier on you.








:D ;)

117, dude.

Live with it.

I am the man!
It's kind of tough with the shadows but you missed the decimal point.

That says 11.7!!   :cheesy:
TM M3 440 10* Graphite Design AD IZ 6x
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
TM M2  5w 18* Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8S or Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Titleist Vokey 54*F  58*S
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

24

#25 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostObee, on 13 July 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 13 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Ok, but here's what little serious there is in this nonsense. I really am 66.  I just saw over a year's time (or thereabouts) 8-10 mph increase in swing speed, equaling my speed when I was much younger.  

Gym. Stretch. Better swing mechanics.  And then trust.  

I'm just a little blown away.  I can't wait to get to the range again.  Can't play until Wednesday, but can't wait to play again.

What stretches???

Leg chain, hips, back, shoulders. :30/every morning.

Hips are major focus. I stretch them in every direction - in, out, up, down. So much of the swing is a function of hip mobility.

View PostShilgy, on 13 July 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 July 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

View PostKenny Lee Puckett, on 12 July 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

wmblake2000, whoa, whoa, whoa, that's enough of this "117 mph" stuff there sir. I'm contacting the commissioners office immediately. Starting you on random testing for PEDS. If you've been getting needle injected in the @ss by Jose Canseco just fess up to it now and they might go easier on you.








:D ;)

117, dude.

Live with it.

I am the man!
It's kind of tough with the shadows but you missed the decimal point.

That says 11.7!!   :cheesy:

Why you basterd I’m gonna steal your woman and your dog.

Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

25

#26 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

View Postleekgolf, on 13 July 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 July 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Last time I measured SS was at local golf store - GC2.  Driver maxed out around 88. This was maybe 12-18 months ago.

Today, the real SS topped out at 96.  I only saw 95 one other time in my life, that was 25 years ago.  

Gym, stretching, Monte.  100 is possible.  

I am stoked. And LOVED seeing that 117.  Hilarious.  Immediately thought of that elk in Saskatchewan.  (The alternative idea was "a jackasz in Orange County")

View PostSean2, on 12 July 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Yeah, but what did you shoot? :-)

Hey, I hit an elk.  Isn't that enough shooting?

Are you still doing the Drive 400 program?

Essentially. I had to downsize it (kept getting injured - initial regimen was 2 hrs and I just wore down) but absolutely! Main change is I added yoga-poses and less pure mobility; also only do squat, dead lift, bench press, row and plank. All the speed training is with homemade light shafts.

But Drive 400 is the foundation and I will post these results in that thread because I really respect and support Rob and his efforts.

Edited by wmblake2000, 13 July 2018 - 11:29 AM.

Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

26

#27 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

Also Monte. Just learning to shallow added 3 mph. Generally more efficient mechanics.
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

27

#28 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3140

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostSean2, on 13 July 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 13 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Ok, but here's what little serious there is in this nonsense. I really am 66.  I just saw over a year's time (or thereabouts) 8-10 mph increase in swing speed, equaling my speed when I was much younger.  

Gym. Stretch. Better swing mechanics.  And then trust.  

I'm just a little blown away.  I can't wait to get to the range again.  Can't play until Wednesday, but can't wait to play again.

Your passion has been reignited...which at our age is a good thing. :-)

Sean, golf is one of those things I have a long term, sustained passion about. My son once said it seemed like a “life’s work” to him...
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

28

#29 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17511

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

View Postwmblake2000, on 13 July 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostSean2, on 13 July 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 13 July 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Ok, but here's what little serious there is in this nonsense. I really am 66.  I just saw over a year's time (or thereabouts) 8-10 mph increase in swing speed, equaling my speed when I was much younger.  

Gym. Stretch. Better swing mechanics.  And then trust.  

I'm just a little blown away.  I can't wait to get to the range again.  Can't play until Wednesday, but can't wait to play again.

Your passion has been reignited...which at our age is a good thing. :-)

Sean, golf is one of those things I have a long term, sustained passion about. My son once said it seemed like a “life’s work” to him...

I can relate to that. :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

29

#30 jonsnow

jonsnow

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426560
  • Joined: 05/24/2016
  • Location:Georgia
  • Handicap:10.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1398

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

View PostSean2, on 12 July 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Well, people always wondered whether William Blake was a mystic or a madman. :-)

Could be both. They're not mutually exclusive.

WITB:
Titleist 910D3 9.5
Sonartec SS07 14
Titleist 910H hybrid 18
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50,54,60
Cameron Newport 2
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors