Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Japan released Bridgestone J715 driver shafts question?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theothertwo

theothertwo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7986
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

Hi, I am just wondering if the Tour Ad shaft in the Japanese Bridgestone J715 driver is the real thing as the ones that go for over $300.  Does anyone know the specs of this shaft?  It just says Graphite Design Tour Ad - Bridgestone.

Thanks.

BB Alpha DBD 816 Driver, Callaway Alpha 816 BB 16* 4 wood, J15H 21* and 23* Hybrid, Bridgestone J40 CB 5-PW Irons, Bridgestone WC 52 and  58 wedges, Slighter Seattle Putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 wam78

wam78

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 377098
  • Handicap:NA
  • Ebay ID:wamorton7811
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

I'm not quite what they are worth, but I have the B5 version that came with GD Tour AD MJ.  Pretty high end shaft!  I went to my local club builder after I purchased it to make sure it was the right shaft for my swing which it was at the time.  He said I should hold on to it because even if it wasn't it was a very high end product.  Take it for what it's worth.

Not to hijack the thread, but what your thoughts on those j15 mb's?  I'm really thinking about purchasing a set, but never hit and them.  Thinking hard about going back to blades because I just love playing them.

#3 theothertwo

theothertwo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7986
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

View Postwam78, on 12 July 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

I'm not quite what they are worth, but I have the B5 version that came with GD Tour AD MJ.  Pretty high end shaft!  I went to my local club builder after I purchased it to make sure it was the right shaft for my swing which it was at the time.  He said I should hold on to it because even if it wasn't it was a very high end product.  Take it for what it's worth.

Not to hijack the thread, but what your thoughts on those j15 mb's?  I'm really thinking about purchasing a set, but never hit and them.  Thinking hard about going back to blades because I just love playing them.

Thanks, I believe the GD Tour AD MJ is an upgrade as opposed to the Made For Bridgestone Tour Ad.  As far as the J15 MB, they are the best looking clubs I've ever seen.  They are almost identical in size to my old J33 CBs and the soles are about the same size.  With the right shaft, they are excellent clubs and about as forgiving as my J33 CBs.  I tend to like smallish clubs with thinner soles.  For some reason, the wider soles makes me hit my shots fat.  I tried the Zrixon Z-565s for forgiveness but could not get used to them after almost 10 years playing the J33 CBs.  I am getting used to the J15 MBs and if you like blades or compact clubs, you will like them.  Nice forged feel and very solid.

Hope that helps.
BB Alpha DBD 816 Driver, Callaway Alpha 816 BB 16* 4 wood, J15H 21* and 23* Hybrid, Bridgestone J40 CB 5-PW Irons, Bridgestone WC 52 and  58 wedges, Slighter Seattle Putter

#4 wam78

wam78

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 377098
  • Handicap:NA
  • Ebay ID:wamorton7811
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

Thanks.  Appreciate the feedback.  I was playing the j015 cb most recently and before that mp15’s.  Just have an affinity for blades as I learned to play on mp14’s.  Recently have become a Bridgestone fan as I’ve become more and more familiar with their products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors