Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone know a good instructor in the Rio Grande Valley (S. Texas)?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pmata814

pmata814

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383292
  • Joined: 06/30/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask anyways.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1156

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

View Postpmata814, on 11 July 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask anyways.
Would also like to know this. Loretta Young is a local pro that is a member at McAllen CC. Some in our ladies group have taken lessons from her and were very complimentary.  Loretta is currently competing in the inaugural US Senior Women's Open.  I have never taken a lesson from her so no personal experience to relay.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/ UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 w/True Temper XP95 R-Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper XP95 R-Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

2

#3 Fort Worth Pro

Fort Worth Pro

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58263
  • Joined: 06/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 1424

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

Rudy Gonzales at Laredo CC is excellent.

3

#4 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1156

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostFort Worth Pro, on 12 July 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Rudy Gonzales at Laredo CC is excellent.
Bit of a drive from the RGV, but good to know.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/ UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 w/True Temper XP95 R-Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper XP95 R-Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

4

#5 pmata814

pmata814

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383292
  • Joined: 06/30/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 12 July 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

View Postpmata814, on 11 July 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask anyways.
Would also like to know this. Loretta Young is a local pro that is a member at McAllen CC. Some in our ladies group have taken lessons from her and were very complimentary.  Loretta is currently competing in the inaugural US Senior Women's Open.  I have never taken a lesson from her so no personal experience to relay.

Have u heard anything about the golf pro there: Mike Perez? I tried to schedule a lesson with him last year but he was never available.


5

#6 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1156

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

View Postpmata814, on 12 July 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 12 July 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

View Postpmata814, on 11 July 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask anyways.
Would also like to know this. Loretta Young is a local pro that is a member at McAllen CC. Some in our ladies group have taken lessons from her and were very complimentary.  Loretta is currently competing in the inaugural US Senior Women's Open.  I have never taken a lesson from her so no personal experience to relay.

Have u heard anything about the golf pro there: Mike Perez? I tried to schedule a lesson with him last year but he was never available.
No.  Sorry.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/ UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 w/True Temper XP95 R-Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper XP95 R-Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

6



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors