Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Play CS truvis but looking for a diff ball


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cj4501

cj4501

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201969
  • Joined: 09/07/2012
  • Location:DES MOINES, IA
  • Ebay ID:johnsoncris
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

I like the truvis on the cs is pretty much why I play them. Looking for a cheaper ball in yellow to try,  any suggestions.  Hdc 25 and driver ss is 98-101. Play c taper lite in irons.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 cfmgolf

cfmgolf

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74758
  • Joined: 02/07/2009
  • Location:Southern OH
  • Handicap:5-9
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

Srixon v star would be a good one to try. I go back and forth between the two. We are similar in driver speed and iron shafts.
Callaway Rouge SZ 9* w/ Aldila Rouge Silver S
Callaway Epic 4/5W
Cobra Fly Z 3/4H w/ Aldila Tour Green 85S
Ping G700 4-U w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX 3.0 52*
Cleveland RTX 3.0 56*
Odyssey O Works

2

#3 cj4501

cj4501

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201969
  • Joined: 09/07/2012
  • Location:DES MOINES, IA
  • Ebay ID:johnsoncris
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

Might give those a try,  never hit a srixon ball

3

#4 cj4501

cj4501

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201969
  • Joined: 09/07/2012
  • Location:DES MOINES, IA
  • Ebay ID:johnsoncris
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

Was kind of interested in top flight gamer or d2

4

#5 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

View Postcj4501, on 11 July 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

Was kind of interested in top flight gamer or d2

The D2 Feel in yellow is a nice ball. I prefer a slightly softer ball. But, in the summer they are perfect. They are always running two fers and bogos on these too. Plenty good reviews on the gamers, also in yellow. With the gamersofts off the shelf. We can only hope a new version will come out in yellow.

Edited by Tanner25, 11 July 2018 - 08:49 PM.


5

#6 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
  • Joined: 04/12/2012
  • Location:New Hampshire
GolfWRX Likes : 6615

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:20 AM

By primary ball is the CS (truvis) - but when I want to use a less expensive ball I'll fall back on the Bridgestone e6 soft.

Edited by Stuart G., 12 July 2018 - 04:22 AM.


6

#7 ChadR7371

ChadR7371

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 485608
  • Joined: 10/30/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

I'm the same way, I love the truvis pattern, but the cost bump for the graphene was too much for me.

I found a stencil that I use to mark the ball in two halves.  It does leave marks on the clubs, but it comes off with some soap and hydrogen peroxide.  I see it as free impact tape.  :)

https://www.shapeway...-pattern-marker

I use these markers, as they bleed less than the sharpies and Industrial marker (Markal brand) I tried:
https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

------

As for balls, I've been liking the Lime/Green Vice Pro Soft because the matte finish holds the marker better than other balls.  I like the Titleist Tour Soft better than the Bridgestone E6, so Tour Softs are what I'll buy if I'm traveling.

With good stencil spacing, I can usually keep an even pattern in the two halves, preserve the ball logo, ball number, and the putting line.  Here's a few different styles I've done:

Posted Image

7

#8 lil'mike

lil'mike

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Joined: 08/14/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

I too prefer the CS but also like a cheaper ball when I find them like the recent Srixon deal's where I got some Z-Star's and Z-Star XV's both in yellow.  Both are good balls and I like the XV the best out of those two.  Another good ball is the B330 RX which I also like in yellow.

8

#9 NorthMNgolfer

NorthMNgolfer

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416672
  • Joined: 03/20/2016
  • Location:Ham Lake, MN
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

The Vice Pro Soft so far for me as played very close to the 2017 Chrome Soft.  I have a couple rounds in with them and they are the closest ball yet I have found.  They are a hair softer I feel off the soft wedge shots and putter (Gives them a bit more of a spring feel then a CS) but if you like the soft feel I think you will like this ball.

If your an Amazon person you can get a dozen of the Vice Pro Soft for $34.99 with Prime free shipping (same price as their website single pack).  I did this just to test them out as I didn't want to commit to 5 dozen up front and have a ball I didn't like.  After trying them for a couple weeks I ordered 5 dozen last night for the $25 a dozen deal.

If you happen to be coming north to Minneapolis I'd be more then happy to catch up with you so you can test them out.  LOL
My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - Diamana D+ 72s
Nike VR Pro 18 Hybrid - Project X Blue
Taylormade M1 4h
Ping i25 Irons - 4-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 54*
Callaway PM grind 60*
Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak

9

#10 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 642

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

View PostChadR7371, on 12 July 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

I'm the same way, I love the truvis pattern, but the cost bump for the graphene was too much for me.

I found a stencil that I use to mark the ball in two halves.  It does leave marks on the clubs, but it comes off with some soap and hydrogen peroxide.  I see it as free impact tape.  :)

https://www.shapeway...-pattern-marker

I use these markers, as they bleed less than the sharpies and Industrial marker (Markal brand) I tried:
https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

------

As for balls, I've been liking the Lime/Green Vice Pro Soft because the matte finish holds the marker better than other balls.  I like the Titleist Tour Soft better than the Bridgestone E6, so Tour Softs are what I'll buy if I'm traveling.

With good stencil spacing, I can usually keep an even pattern in the two halves, preserve the ball logo, ball number, and the putting line.  Here's a few different styles I've done:

Posted Image
I have tried the stencil - while it works well, the balls look like crap after 4-5 holes since the ink will smear from a good strike on the ball. I don't care about ink transfer to the club, but a perfectly good ball will look like it has 36 holes of use before you hit the turn.

For that reason I don't think I will use the stencil too much in the future, unless I find a marker to wear the paint is less effected.

  ** Edit - I just noticed you found a marker that bleeds less. I will go by the art store near my work and pick one up to try.

Edited by Break81, 14 July 2018 - 07:03 PM.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 ChadR7371

ChadR7371

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 485608
  • Joined: 10/30/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

View PostBreak81, on 14 July 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

I have tried the stencil - while it works well, the balls look like crap after 4-5 holes since the ink will smear from a good strike on the ball. I don't care about ink transfer to the club, but a perfectly good ball will look like it has 36 holes of use before you hit the turn.

For that reason I don't think I will use the stencil too much in the future, unless I find a marker to wear the paint is less effected.

  ** Edit - I just noticed you found a marker that bleeds less. I will go by the art store near my work and pick one up to try.

I got through 12 holes the other day with a Vice Pro Plus and it had minimal smearing.  There's obviously some transfer both ways, but it's pretty minor.  The Marki markers and matte finish golf balls hold really well.  My first attempts with Sharpie looked like I was hitting an Octopus.

If the day ever comes where I don't go through 2 or 3 balls per round, then I might bump back up to the original TruVis

11

#12 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 642

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

If somebody is looking for a cheaper version of the chrome soft and don’t mind playing a white ball they should take a look at UFli Speed . Cheap and performs very well for price
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

12



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors