Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Game Golf PRO

106 replies to this topic

#91 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 2165

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

The battery in the tags draining during practice is a major issue for me.  I like to practice a lot and with the past tags I'd use a drop of glue to prevent them from falling off.  The battery issue means I can't glue them and actually I have to unscrew them every time I want to practice which will make them more likely to fall off.  

I get the pre-order price was basically a pay off for those of us who are beta testing the product but these other non disclosed facts are real deal breakers.

Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#92 slowcelica

slowcelica

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 280535
  • Ebay ID:rjb22
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 28 January 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

The battery in the tags draining during practice is a major issue for me.  I like to practice a lot and with the past tags I'd use a drop of glue to prevent them from falling off.  The battery issue means I can't glue them and actually I have to unscrew them every time I want to practice which will make them more likely to fall off.  

I get the pre-order price was basically a pay off for those of us who are beta testing the product but these other non disclosed facts are real deal breakers.

They've updated the tags to turn off after 30 seconds if they cannot connect to the medallion, so you do not have to remove the tags when practicing.

#93 NoCaution

NoCaution

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359029
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:34 AM

Round number two with the Game Golf Pro is in the books, and...

I hate to admit it, but the stupid thing actually appears to work. I had zero app crashes, zero GPS drops, and zero false tags. Over the course of 18 holes, I only had two shots fail to register. I'm pretty sure one was because I hit a really gross chunked chip shot that the device probably registered as hitting the ground and not a ball (it was pretty ugly). The other missed tag was hit from WAY off the fairway, so I'm wondering if it only counts shots that are the Game Golf maps. I also tried out my plan of not using the putter tag at all today, and it worked pretty well. I hit all my shots, then putted out as usual. When I opened the app on the next tee it would ask me to "confirm putts", and I would just say how many. If I had time, I would edit them to the proper locations on the spot. Otherwise, I just cleaned up a few when I got home, which is pretty much what I've always done anyway. I've also been thinking about how to make a quick-release type of thing for the putter tag, so I can use it with my counter-weight putter grip without cutting off the screw bit. If anyone in the Portland area sees a guy hanging out in the hardware store with a putter grip for way longer than what seems normal later this week, come to say hi!

I'm still concerned about the battery issue. Of course, I also spaced on checking the levels when I was done playing, so I'll have to remind myself to do it next time. I figure that any major battery issues won't become too obvious until I've used it WAY more anyway. I know that the device itself has a one year warranty, but do they plan on extending that to two years for the battery tags? I wish they were more communicative with this kind of stuff.

So... My verdict after two rounds: I'm most likely going to keep it. I was SURE I would be seeking a refund, but after actually using it, I can't think of any reason not to keep it. So far it's performed about 95% as promised, and the remaining 5% seems fixable with firmware updates. My device was delivered on the 16th, so at worst I've got another 17 days to put it through the paces. As long as it continues to perform the way it has the last couple rounds, I think I'll be happy with it.
I'd certainly hate to be left out of the "WITB signature" thingy, so...

Cobra F8 Tour Length Driver 9.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
Cobra F8 3 Wood 14.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0, 3/4 inch short
Cobra F8 4 Hybrid 22° - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap Black F4, 1/2 inch short
Taylormade P790 5-AW Irons - KBS Tour FLT 120 S, 1/4 inch short
Edel 54°, 58°, and 62° Wedges - KBS Hi-Rev, with various mods and adjustments
Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
Bridgestone B330 RX Balls (or e6 if I start to lose too many that day)
Ogio Silencer bag for riding/pushcart or Jones Original bag for carrying
Bagboy Triswivel II for my fat @$$ to walk more
All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
Custom VW GTI plaid seat headcovers and towel
Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously

#94 3_Putt_Par

3_Putt_Par

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356899
  • Handicap:2 hi
GolfWRX Likes : 498

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:11 AM

Kudos for sticking with it NoCaution!

Personally, given what you have gone through to make it work, I would have sent it back.

One thing I did when I had a counter balanced putter and couldn't screw the tag into the putter grip was to take a wine cork (the synthetic foam ones work the best) and screw the tag onto that.  I'd put it in my pocket when I played and pull it out when I tagged my putts.
9* Ping G400 Max w/ Tour AD GP 7
14.5*   PRGR EGG HD w/ P9003
18*   Titleist 917F2 w/ Diamana BF 80
24*   Honma TW-U w/ Vizard IB 105
5-PW  Callaway Legacy Black (2011) w/ Modus3 125
52/08  OnOff 2015 Kuro Forged Wedge Black Finish
56/12  Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth w/ Modus3 125
60/08 Fourteen RM 21 w/ Modus 125 Wedge
Ever rotating 3 Putting implement of humiliation

#95 Gautama

Gautama

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282318
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:caad5al
GolfWRX Likes : 560

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

That's great news! I'm giving mine more time as well, they're sending a complete new set of tags, so really hoping it works in the end. I do love the idea of it.

"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom

#96 xdawg00

xdawg00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 508062
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:51 PM

In regards to the non-replaceable batteries, I've been hammering them about that and have dealt with a few different people.  I've been told that the batteries will be replaced within 2 years if they fail.  After that time period then "...you will have to pay to replace the tags and plastics once - after the the tags will have the new plastics and you will be able to change the batteries yourself."  So, not ideal but I could probably live with that. I'd just hope that they fail within 2 years, so I'd get the sensors replaced with the new ones under warranty.

However...

I played my first round with it and I just had way too many problems.  The medallion turned off mid-round, it maybe registered 3-4 of my putts (I wish I only had that many putts on the round), and missed a handful of shots.  I spent way too much time looking at my phone trying to see if it was tracking properly, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid by getting the Pro.  Also, I tried using the Apple Watch app, but it was pretty painful and slow to update/use.

I've asked multiple times for a refund under the 30-day guarantee, but have not heard anything back.  If I don't hear anything soon, I guess I'll be filing a dispute with my credit card company.

#97 larciel

larciel

I play for eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:53 AM

They asked me to send in pictures of the item. Dont understand why but after I sent the pic, I received free return label.

#98 jg1166

jg1166

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20018
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

Okay, I have been using the original Game Golf for a number of years and have really enjoyed and gained a lot from the insights I have been getting.  The old reality to ego model.  I just updated to the Pro, which was a bit of an issue being in Australia and their website and emails constantly advising me of the deal and then blocking Australia but that got sorted out.

So I have set it up and played my first round.  Thoughts at this point in time, the set up was a bit tedious but following the instructions it did work and there was not major issues, and in the first round it operated at about 95% there were a couple of missed shots but that was probably my fault as they were real chunks.  I will be keeping it as the old model with the tagging always bothered me and this removes that.

I will say that I was an early adopter of the original and there were teething problems, I went into the upgrade expecting teething problems with move to the PRO, it has gone through a level of Beta testing etc but like all software from an organisation of this size there will be bugs and some design gliches which can only be identified and rectified over time, Microsoft always release products with bugs and so does apple,, they may not be a prominent but I have a level of patience with this product as I can see the benefits model at the end will be worth the effort.

#99 slowcelica

slowcelica

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:16 AM

Anyone having any trouble getting their smart caddie code to work? I cannot get smart caddie to work at all, I have the code I'd at least like to use it once and decide if I like it or not.

#100 jg1166

jg1166

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20018
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

View Postslowcelica, on 07 February 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Anyone having any trouble getting their smart caddie code to work? I cannot get smart caddie to work at all, I have the code I'd at least like to use it once and decide if I like it or not.
No step through smart caddie part and select 3 game trial and then option to enter promo code and entered code and it worked fine

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#101 slowcelica

slowcelica

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:23 PM

Thanks that did not work for me, I’m guessing there is something wrong with my code.

#102 Gautama

Gautama

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

Well, 2 weeks ago they said they were sending me new tags...still no sign of them and no update despite my asking for one three times. Conveniently now outside of the return window too, they better not try to screw me on that deal.
"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

#103 Gautama

Gautama

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

View PostGautama, on 07 February 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

Well, 2 weeks ago they said they were sending me new tags...still no sign of them and no update despite my asking for one three times. Conveniently now outside of the return window too, they better not try to screw me on that deal.

They finally responded to let me know that Oops, sorry, they'd failed to ship them when they said they would fourteen days ago, but really they promise they'll ship next week.

What a cluster, I'm starting to despise this company.

#104 snagy2000

snagy2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
GolfWRX Likes : 686

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:40 AM

I followed their return policy and twice now I have been told their system is having issues with the return process and they can not help at this time. Enough is enough, taking it up with my CC company. If anyone thinks buying this product is a good idea, they are going to waste their money. It's a cluster f%$#...

#105 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,550 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
GolfWRX Likes : 4862

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

View Postsnagy2000, on 09 February 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

I followed their return policy and twice now I have been told their system is having issues with the return process and they can not help at this time. Enough is enough, taking it up with my CC company. If anyone thinks buying this product is a good idea, they are going to waste their money. It's a cluster f%$#...

Report it as fraud. If what you said is true, that is unacceptable. Can’t process refund because system is having an issue? To me, that sounds like they have no capital to send refunds to customers. Report it to credit card company immediately.

#106 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,550 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
GolfWRX Likes : 4862

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostGautama, on 09 February 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

View PostGautama, on 07 February 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

They finally responded to let me know that Oops, sorry, they'd failed to ship them when they said they would fourteen days ago, but really they promise they'll ship next week.

What a cluster, I'm starting to despise this company.

Well, just read this after I responded to refund post. Add your post and the refund post together and you get it sounds like Game Golf is about to go under.

#107 snagy2000

snagy2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
GolfWRX Likes : 686

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

View PostFrankensteins Monster, on 10 February 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

View Postsnagy2000, on 09 February 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Report it as fraud. If what you said is true, that is unacceptable. Canít process refund because system is having an issue? To me, that sounds like they have no capital to send refunds to customers. Report it to credit card company immediately.

I've got the emails from them which I provided the CC company. CC has me waiting 10 days to give them a chance to respond. Will update once resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors