Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Game Golf PRO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bmead21

bmead21

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30745
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

Looks like Game Golf is updating their product to be similar to Arccos.  No more manual tagging your swings.  Release looks to be in September for $299.

https://www.gamegolf...ducts/en-us/pro

Edited by bmead21, 11 July 2018 - 09:23 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6969

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

It was originally announced back in the winter.

Then it was put off until "summer".

Now they've just put it off again under "September".

Still not available for pre-order, just announced as coming soon. I would not hold my breath waiting on GG Pro.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

#3 larrybud

larrybud

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4325

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

I have the original GameGolf, and to me their website is still greatly lacking, no matter how they capture the data.

They sorely need a "trend" type report where I can see my trend of, say, averaging driving distance by month/year.   Either that or raw data export so I can run my own analytics.

Also, their strokes gained is terrible because it compares you to other players that use the unit.  I know a couple of other guys who have it, and they don't take the time to position the pin and their putts,so the SG putts is WAYYY off.  For example, if you had a 30 footer and forgot to tag the tap in, and you just add a shot, it automatically makes two putts of 15'.

#4 CactusGolf

CactusGolf

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,715 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75633
  • Handicap:3.0
  • Ebay ID:orangecactusgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 491

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

I have the original Game Golf and enjoy it, but wearing a unit and tapping does get old after a while.  I think I have 100+ rounds in the system since 2015.

Been looking at Arccos, but would prefer to stick with Game Golf because I have so much data uploaded.
Taylormade 2017 M1 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 65
Taylormade M2 15* Matrix Black Tie 6M4
Taylormade M2 18* Matrix Black Tie 6M4
Taylormade PSi 4-PW KBS Tour
Callaway MD3 50*/54*/58*
Nike Method Origin B2-01
Callaway Chrome Soft
WITB Link

#5 RSinSG

RSinSG

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 300931
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 2044

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:06 PM

I've been using the original GG for 3 years now. The raw data is very helpful to me, and I really don't get too caught up with their strokes gained or other matrixes. It tells me how far I hit each club and where my misses are. Tagging is such a part of my PSR that when I forget to charge the unit or don't take it I find myself tagging my belt anyways.

I too am waiting for the Pro version since I don't want to lose all the games/data I have. The Live version did not appeal to me but the Pro does.

Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
Ping G30 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
Ping Glide 60* LW
Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or) Scotty Cameron Fastback
Gamegolf

https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

#6 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 6969

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

I've always said that the GG and now Arccos units are just about ideal for finding out where your misses fall and how far you hit each club in the bag. And that's all they are ideal for.

As a serious golf-analytics tool for teasing apart the elements of your game and tracking trends or evaluating changes in your swing/stroke they are just too limited. Between not knowing where the hole is on the green, to having only a terribly crude idea of your situation (can't take trees into account? then no analysis possible on 90% of the courses in the world) to not being able to codify your intentions for other than stock full shots there are just too many holes in the data.

Ball started here. Ball ended up there. Here's how many yards between here and there. Later, rinse, repeat. The rest is at best just window dressing and at worst completely misleading.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors