Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

ddetts' Swing Journey - Monte clinic, 2019 bag set & AZ trip recap

Instruction Monte South Dakota Swing ddetts clinic

185 replies to this topic

#181 PepsiDuck

PepsiDuck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27419
  • Joined: 04/03/2007
  • Location:Northern Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 647

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

View Postddetts, on 10 February 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Also, here's sort of a pump/freezer type drill I've been doing as well.

......

I can tell I still have the flip release on some swings, it's hard for me to get used to that feeling of the right hand staying under.

This is exactly the drill I use as my preshot routine, similar to what Justin Rose does, from the top of the swing to ~P6.  My intent is to get the right elbow out to the ball to separate the arms from the body.  Two pumps from the top, then a swing to the finish.  Then I step up to the ball and swing.

One word of caution, and it's something I know Monte has talked about before on IG...don't look back at your hands to "check" positions...  I'm also curious, what is *your* intent or thought going from P4 to P6 in that pump drill...?

TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TaylorMade M2 (2017) Tour 15*  - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#182 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

View PostPepsiDuck, on 10 February 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

View Postddetts, on 10 February 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Also, here's sort of a pump/freezer type drill I've been doing as well.

......

I can tell I still have the flip release on some swings, it's hard for me to get used to that feeling of the right hand staying under.

This is exactly the drill I use as my preshot routine, similar to what Justin Rose does, from the top of the swing to ~P6.  My intent is to get the right elbow out to the ball to separate the arms from the body.  Two pumps from the top, then a swing to the finish.  Then I step up to the ball and swing.

One word of caution, and it's something I know Monte has talked about before on IG...don't look back at your hands to "check" positions...  I'm also curious, what is *your* intent or thought going from P4 to P6 in that pump drill...?

My big problem was arm over run in the backswing, which left arms trailing way behind body, and finally a hip stall with flip & dump of wrists.

So right now, I'm trying to feel my arms in front of me and connected and then just rotate and extend through impact.

A secondary feel is focusing on hand path and keeping my right arm under my left.
-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image Posted Image

2

#183 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 3971

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

Like the pump drill, DD.  

I've been doing something similar but my intent has been more to feel pressure build in my lead leg.  Anyways, depending on intent I like the pump drill to try and get different "feels"
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

3

#184 PepsiDuck

PepsiDuck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27419
  • Joined: 04/03/2007
  • Location:Northern Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 647

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:04 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 10 February 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Like the pump drill, DD.  

I've been doing something similar but my intent has been more to feel pressure build in my lead leg.  Anyways, depending on intent I like the pump drill to try and get different "feels"

Yea, itís very interesting between just the three of us, we all have completely different intents and feels associated with the pump drill.
TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
TaylorMade M2 (2017) Tour 15*  - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red

4

#185 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 3971

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostPepsiDuck, on 10 February 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 10 February 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Like the pump drill, DD.  

I've been doing something similar but my intent has been more to feel pressure build in my lead leg.  Anyways, depending on intent I like the pump drill to try and get different "feels"

Yea, it's very interesting between just the three of us, we all have completely different intents and feels associated with the pump drill.

I just hope one of us is doing it right ;)

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

5

#186 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:39 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 10 February 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

View PostPepsiDuck, on 10 February 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 10 February 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Like the pump drill, DD.  

I've been doing something similar but my intent has been more to feel pressure build in my lead leg.  Anyways, depending on intent I like the pump drill to try and get different "feels"

Yea, it's very interesting between just the three of us, we all have completely different intents and feels associated with the pump drill.

I just hope one of us is doing it right ;)

Me too! But really, is there a "right"? As long as the feel or intent is helping with the desired outcome while not causing other flaws or compensations I would think it's good.

It's definitely helping me slowly get more synced up and a bit more open at impact.
-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image Posted Image

6




Also tagged with Instruction, Monte, South Dakota, Swing, ddetts, clinic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors