Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Dynamic Gold 105 .370 vs .355 Flex

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 achappy

achappy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7129
  • Ebay ID:achappy
GolfWRX Likes : 132

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

The parallel versions of the original Dynamic Gold are weaker than the taper tip.  I don't remember how much but it was pretty significant. I had to play X100s in the parallel versions.    I was wondering if it's the same for the 105g versions?

I'm asking because I recently built a hybrid with a .370 DG105 shaft and wasn't sure about flex so I hardstepped it once.  I really like the shaft and it feels close to the 130G version. I plan on reshafting my Srixon 745s but of course will go with .355 and wasn't sure how the flex will transfer.  If they are similar in flex then I will hardstep once as well.

Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Red
Mizuno MP-650 Speeder VC 8.0s
Ping Eye2+ 2I
Srixon 745 DGS300 3-PW
Callaway Jaws 52*, 58*
Mizuno MP-T105

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Howard Jones

Howard Jones

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100881
GolfWRX Likes : 3267

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

I dont know the 105 firts hand, but the difference is always larger in the short end...

A despending wgt shaft is most of the time, a const wgt shaft for a #1 iron we tip trim for each club shorter.

Since const wgt has thicker shaftwalls as we go shorter, but our #1 iron remains the same, we get a different shaft wgt and flex progression.

Desc.wgt cpm progression is 4CPM while for const, about 5.4 so the slope is steeper on const, wgt.

In the long end, flex gets closer as we get closer to the #1 iron who whould be equal, so in your case, let net cut wgt and hosel spec make the choicee for you, flex should not be your worry here

#3 achappy

achappy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7129
  • Ebay ID:achappy
GolfWRX Likes : 132

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:20 AM

View PostHoward Jones, on 12 July 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

I dont know the 105 firts hand, but the difference is always larger in the short end...

A despending wgt shaft is most of the time, a const wgt shaft for a #1 iron we tip trim for each club shorter.

Since const wgt has thicker shaftwalls as we go shorter, but our #1 iron remains the same, we get a different shaft wgt and flex progression.

Desc.wgt cpm progression is 4CPM while for const, about 5.4 so the slope is steeper on const, wgt.

In the long end, flex gets closer as we get closer to the #1 iron who whould be equal, so in your case, let net cut wgt and hosel spec make the choicee for you, flex should not be your worry here

Thank you!!  This is exactly the information I was looking for.
Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Red
Mizuno MP-650 Speeder VC 8.0s
Ping Eye2+ 2I
Srixon 745 DGS300 3-PW
Callaway Jaws 52*, 58*
Mizuno MP-T105

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors