Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anybody get their clubs stolen?


81 replies to this topic

#31 BNGL

BNGL

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472816
  • Joined: 06/26/2017
  • Location:Jupiter, Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 907

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

View Postbhj83, on 11 July 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

I had mine stolen out of my '05 Ford Escape in my driveway back in the day. I had a cover for the "trunk" area but a buddy and I had returned from the range and I dropped him off. To this day i'm not sure if he left the cover open and I didn't check it. Worked out okay with insurance though.

Now I have a '17 Honda Ridgeline that has an actual trunk in the truck bed and my bag fits in there perfectly. I still rarely ever leave them in the trunk even though thieves probably don't know about the trunk in a truck because of that one time that scarred me. Usually my clubs are now sitting safely in my garage unless I'm going to, or returning from the course.

Trunk in the truck bed? And it’s big enough for clubs?!? ABSOLUTELY GENIUS lol


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Rohlio

Rohlio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69345
  • Joined: 11/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

Had my car stolen with clubs in the trunk. Police recovered the car but not my clubs. My homeowners insurance covered my clubs. May want to check into it

2

#33 bhj83

bhj83

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180138
  • Joined: 05/10/2012
  • Location:Kansas City, KS
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

View PostBNGL, on 11 July 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

View Postbhj83, on 11 July 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

I had mine stolen out of my '05 Ford Escape in my driveway back in the day. I had a cover for the "trunk" area but a buddy and I had returned from the range and I dropped him off. To this day i'm not sure if he left the cover open and I didn't check it. Worked out okay with insurance though.

Now I have a '17 Honda Ridgeline that has an actual trunk in the truck bed and my bag fits in there perfectly. I still rarely ever leave them in the trunk even though thieves probably don't know about the trunk in a truck because of that one time that scarred me. Usually my clubs are now sitting safely in my garage unless I'm going to, or returning from the course.

Trunk in the truck bed? And it’s big enough for clubs?!? ABSOLUTELY GENIUS lol
Yep, it's the most practical truck out there for the average person that rarely needs to haul stuff but wants a truck for those mulch runs lol
TaylorMade '16 M1 Tour 8.5 Driver
Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
TaylorMade '17 M1 3 and 4 Hybrids
Srixon Z945 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Collection Balboa
Callaway Chrome Soft or Kirkland Signature 3 Piece Urethane
Shot Scope V2 Watch
Bushnell Tour V4 Slope Edition Rangefinder

3

#34 Carl Spackler3

Carl Spackler3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136528
  • Joined: 08/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 506

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:19 PM

Are you set with back up clubs. I can loan you some beat but very playable MP 32s for as long as you need
Titleist 915 D2
Ping G 3 W
Ping G 5W
Ping G25 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
Vokey 52-08 sm4
Vokey 56-14 sm6
Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)

4

#35 CheckJV

CheckJV

    Male Model

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93640
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

Post what city you are in and a description of your bag and clubs.  Social media like this board is a wonderful thing. No telling if someone in our group may stumble across your clubs at a pawn shop, etc.


5

#36 NoTalentLefty

NoTalentLefty

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204451
  • Joined: 09/24/2012
  • Location:Midwest
GolfWRX Likes : 1482

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Did any of this happen near big cities???
Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
6-GW Titleist AP1s
53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
58 degree SW Vokey SM6
Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip

6

#37 aliikane

aliikane

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113801
  • Joined: 08/29/2010
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

View PostCarl Spackler3, on 11 July 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Are you set with back up clubs. I can loan you some beat but very playable MP 32s for as long as you need

View PostCheckJV, on 11 July 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Post what city you are in and a description of your bag and clubs.  Social media like this board is a wonderful thing. No telling if someone in our group may stumble across your clubs at a pawn shop, etc.

View PostNoTalentLefty, on 11 July 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Did any of this happen near big cities???

@carl. Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I injured my finger pretty badly a couple weeks ago and can't play for a while. However, I got some clubs I can piece together. Not close to my stolen set but playable. The worst part is insurance won't cover the stolen clubs or any of the other stolen items. That sucks big time.


My setup: Titleist 913D2 w/ Aldila Rogue 110 X, Titleist 913fd 3 wood w/ Diamana White 82 S, Adams A7 hybrid with UST AXIV Black 85, Taylormade MB blades reshafted with TT DG AMT S300, Vokey 60.08 M-Grind, Vokey 56.10 M-Grind, Vokey 52.08 F-Grind, Taylormade TP Mullen putter, Gray Taylormade Flextech Lite Stand Bag,  Extra clubs: Rife Bellevue Putter, Titleist 714 CB PW (I had these in my back because I was testing stuff)

It was in the suburbs of San Jose, CA at a county park. Very safe area. Lots of people driving around and visibility. Very surprised it got broken into there. Ironically, a park ranger was there when I got back to my car.

Edited by aliikane, 11 July 2018 - 08:01 PM.


7

#38 naj959

naj959

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66497
  • Joined: 09/26/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:21 PM

Check your local Craigslist. You'll probably find your bag listed for 50 bucks.

8

#39 OLD_BONES

OLD_BONES

    Butte Strong ❤️

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 316443
  • Joined: 05/22/2014
  • Location:Chico, CA
  • Handicap:HIGH
  • Ebay ID:Par_Hunter
GolfWRX Likes : 649

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

I hate theives! Scum of the earth.

9

#40 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

    Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
  • Joined: 08/04/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 3987

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

In before the lock!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 SBH9458

SBH9458

    Go Army! Beat Navy!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 337505
  • Joined: 09/01/2014
  • Location:WV
GolfWRX Likes : 187

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

Karma will come for that thief.

11

#42 bhj83

bhj83

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180138
  • Joined: 05/10/2012
  • Location:Kansas City, KS
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

View Postaliikane, on 11 July 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostCarl Spackler3, on 11 July 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Are you set with back up clubs. I can loan you some beat but very playable MP 32s for as long as you need

View PostCheckJV, on 11 July 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Post what city you are in and a description of your bag and clubs.  Social media like this board is a wonderful thing. No telling if someone in our group may stumble across your clubs at a pawn shop, etc.

View PostNoTalentLefty, on 11 July 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Did any of this happen near big cities???

@carl. Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I injured my finger pretty badly a couple weeks ago and can't play for a while. However, I got some clubs I can piece together. Not close to my stolen set but playable. The worst part is insurance won't cover the stolen clubs or any of the other stolen items. That sucks big time.


My setup: Titleist 913D2 w/ Aldila Rogue 110 X, Titleist 913fd 3 wood w/ Diamana White 82 S, Adams A7 hybrid with UST AXIV Black 85, Taylormade MB blades reshafted with TT DG AMT S300, Vokey 60.08 M-Grind, Vokey 56.10 M-Grind, Vokey 52.08 F-Grind, Taylormade TP Mullen putter, Gray Taylormade Flextech Lite Stand Bag,  Extra clubs: Rife Bellevue Putter, Titleist 714 CB PW (I had these in my back because I was testing stuff)

It was in the suburbs of San Jose, CA at a county park. Very safe area. Lots of people driving around and visibility. Very surprised it got broken into there. Ironically, a park ranger was there when I got back to my car.
Why won't insurance cover any of it? When this happened to me, my auto insurance covered the damage to the car and my stereo that was stolen. Homeowners policy covered my clubs. I got lucky in that the insurance company at the time only charged 1 deductible if it was the same incident.
TaylorMade '16 M1 Tour 8.5 Driver
Cobra King F7 3-4W Blue
TaylorMade '17 M1 3 and 4 Hybrids
Srixon Z945 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Tour Preferred Collection Balboa
Callaway Chrome Soft or Kirkland Signature 3 Piece Urethane
Shot Scope V2 Watch
Bushnell Tour V4 Slope Edition Rangefinder

12

#43 btmoney

btmoney

    hack

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232629
  • Joined: 02/27/2013
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

In HS someone stole my new Hawkeye driver out of my car...been lucky with clubs since.
Although a couple years ago someone nabbed my carbon triathlon bike out of my car...thank GOD for homeowners insurance. Ended up with a newer bike

13

#44 KING246

KING246

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 368651
  • Joined: 03/29/2015
  • Location:California
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

I'm in Bakersfield but travel quite a bit. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Edit: Let me know what model TM MBs and grips etc.. I browse craigslist quite a bit throughout CA.

Edited by KING246, 11 July 2018 - 09:55 PM.


14

#45 aliikane

aliikane

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113801
  • Joined: 08/29/2010
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

View Postbhj83, on 11 July 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

View Postaliikane, on 11 July 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostCarl Spackler3, on 11 July 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Are you set with back up clubs. I can loan you some beat but very playable MP 32s for as long as you need

View PostCheckJV, on 11 July 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Post what city you are in and a description of your bag and clubs.  Social media like this board is a wonderful thing. No telling if someone in our group may stumble across your clubs at a pawn shop, etc.

View PostNoTalentLefty, on 11 July 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Did any of this happen near big cities???

@carl. Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I injured my finger pretty badly a couple weeks ago and can't play for a while. However, I got some clubs I can piece together. Not close to my stolen set but playable. The worst part is insurance won't cover the stolen clubs or any of the other stolen items. That sucks big time.


My setup: Titleist 913D2 w/ Aldila Rogue 110 X, Titleist 913fd 3 wood w/ Diamana White 82 S, Adams A7 hybrid with UST AXIV Black 85, Taylormade MB blades reshafted with TT DG AMT S300, Vokey 60.08 M-Grind, Vokey 56.10 M-Grind, Vokey 52.08 F-Grind, Taylormade TP Mullen putter, Gray Taylormade Flextech Lite Stand Bag,  Extra clubs: Rife Bellevue Putter, Titleist 714 CB PW (I had these in my back because I was testing stuff)

It was in the suburbs of San Jose, CA at a county park. Very safe area. Lots of people driving around and visibility. Very surprised it got broken into there. Ironically, a park ranger was there when I got back to my car.
Why won't insurance cover any of it? When this happened to me, my auto insurance covered the damage to the car and my stereo that was stolen. Homeowners policy covered my clubs. I got lucky in that the insurance company at the time only charged 1 deductible if it was the same incident.

Auto comprehensive insurance only covers thing that are connected to the car (stereo, glass, body, engine, etc.) So, personal items are not covered under auto comprehensive insurance.

It is not that insurance won't cover it. My bad wording. It is because my homeowner's policy deductible is high at $2000.00 that it won't really cover it.  Replacement costs are about $3000.00 but not sure what price they will end up giving me for all the stolen stuff. They may not give me close to 3000. Also, if I make a claim, my rates will go up substantially so not sure if it is worth it.

Renter's insurance is way better policy to for covering stolen property than homeowner's because deductibles are way lower and it is pretty inexpensive for insurance. My homeowner's deductible only goes down to $1000.00 deductible.

Edited by aliikane, 12 July 2018 - 12:50 AM.


15

#46 JDogg206

JDogg206

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401328
  • Joined: 10/31/2015
  • Location:Woodinville, WA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

Happened to me about 18 months ago. All custom built, plus everything else. Cart, shoes, clothing, shag bag etc. it sucked. But i was able to make a claim with my homeowners insurance and they wrote me a check for $5k and I was able to rebuild it all.
Vapor Fly Pro - Tour AD GP
Vapor Fly 3+ - Tour AD GP
Vapor Fly Pro 2 iron - Tour AD DI 105
Vapor Pro 4 - 9 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 130
Engage 47, 51, 55, 59 - Nippon Modus3 Tour 125 Wedge
Method 006 Prototype
RZN Tour Black

16

#47 Twism86

Twism86

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:18 AM

View PostSBH9458, on 11 July 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Karma will come for that thief.
Hopefully in the form of pain, lots and lots of pain.
TM AeroBurner 9.5*
TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
Odyssey White Hot RX #1
A bunch of random wedges

17

#48 Mukky

Mukky

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440390
  • Joined: 09/12/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 181

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostDrCRHop, on 11 July 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

View PostLagavulin62, on 11 July 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

View PostBob Cat, on 11 July 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

Will be sold for pennies on the dollar to get their next high.  $50 will be enough for the entire bag - sold.

Remember the CCC?  Bring it back, build more cells and incarcerate these animals.

Too many wolves allowed free to run among the sheep.  Only stiff penalties will curb this nonsense.  Until then it is only going to CONTINUE to get worse.


I agree. (CCC?)  

We all know what the root cause is and without getting political, at least we have someone who seems to care. Hopefully things will improve.

Here in the Houston area the population growth is just unbearable. Fishing gear is a real concern and you really have to be careful where you park. There is no secret of the profile for these thieves.

We all know the root cause?  Guess I'm not in the know, so, what is the root cause?  

I'll bite on your "not getting political".  How is "someone now that cares" going to change someone stealing golf clubs?  Do you mean that previously, local police didn't care and now they do?   Because, you know, this is a local issue - unless the "person who now cares" is going to make this a federal offense (which may happen since "someone that cares" sure does spend a lot of time on the course - much more than that "someone that cares" led everyone to believe he was going to).  

Do you mean, now, all of a sudden, things will change when it comes to stealing golf clubs?  If so, you truly are drinking the kool-aid.

Oh boy, this thread is going off the rails really quick

18

#49 SavageCy

SavageCy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 252574
  • Joined: 05/25/2013
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:5.8
  • Ebay ID:SavageCy
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:01 AM

That's my worst nightmare.
'17 M1 440 9.5* w Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
[size=3]'17 M1 15* w Hzrdus Black 6.0
716 T-MB 3 w AD 95X
716 T-MB 4 w C Taper Lite X
916AP2 5-9 w C Taper Lite X
SM6 46* SM5 51* 55* 59* w C Taper Lite X
8802 w SS Pistol GT 2.0/TM DJ Spider w SS Pistol GT 2.0/Studio Stainless Newport 2 w SS Pistol GT 2.0

19

#50 aliikane

aliikane

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113801
  • Joined: 08/29/2010
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:12 AM

Break-ins that steal your clubs or anything you value sure takes away your livelihood.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 NoTalentLefty

NoTalentLefty

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204451
  • Joined: 09/24/2012
  • Location:Midwest
GolfWRX Likes : 1482

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:36 PM

Here in the Midwest in corn country it’s not likely to happen but I’ve left a few clubs behind on a hole and never see it again. Someone bagged it instead of turning it in to the clubhouse. That may be finders keepers but that still sucks.
Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
6-GW Titleist AP1s
53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
58 degree SW Vokey SM6
Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip

21

#52 Poser

Poser

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144057
  • Joined: 10/25/2011
  • Location:Wake Forest, NC
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 342

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

I was in san diego for work then traveling to Hawaii for a golf vacation.  Had my clubs 2 drivers 2 new pair of golf shoes, range finder everything all in the travel bag in the back of the car.  Someone broke in and stole everything.  I landed in Hawaii the next day had to go straight to the golf store and buy everything new including a travel bag to get it all back home.  Sucked pretty damn bad.  I still miss the 3 wood

22

#53 smokedturkey

smokedturkey

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404708
  • Joined: 12/04/2015
  • Location:South Florida
  • Handicap:9.1
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

About 18 years ago I flew and packed my clubs to play on a trip.  Had to mail something so stopped into airport mail facility to seal it and post it.  Took a few extra minutes on way to baggage claim.  At the baggage carousal my suitcase was there but no clubs. The jerk security staff had no interest in looking at their monitor recordings, probably in on the theft.   Ever since I am always overly protective of my clubs.  Never leave them out of my site except when I have to go to the men's room while playing.  Even then it is a quick as possible. Never leave them in my car over night, only in car hidden out of site during the day I transport them while using them. If I travel and stay in a hotel, they come into the room.  Too expensive to replace.  Everything bought new to replace would be $4,000 or even more.  Don't need the headache if I can avoid it.
G400 10.5, Tour 65S
Or
Ping G  LST 10.5, KK Silver S

2016 M2 3HL Prolaunch Blue 65R
2017  M2 5W Stk S
Callaway XR 19* & 22* Stk Proj X 6.0 S
Srixon Z565 5-PW   950S
Cleve 588 RTX2 - 52 & 58
Odyssey O Works 3T or Odyssey Works Versa 9

Course optional, Pick Two: Cleve 588 RTX2 62* or XR 3 hybrid or M2 5W

23

#54 Even Further

Even Further

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295399
  • Joined: 02/06/2014
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:skratchalligatorz
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

An Ex of mine was in a car accident once. She got 2 sets of clubs stolen from the trunk. It was either the tow truck driver, or body shop. Straight lowlife people.

In Houston, I won't leave my clubs in my SUV. Someone I know in downtown Houston had their car window smashed because they had a blanket in the backseat. Thief busted the window just look under it.
Driver... Cobra LTD Elements Chrome+
Fairway... Adams Tight Lies (2013)
Irons... 4-P Wilson F5 Kuro Kage 85R
Wedge... Cleveland RTX-3
Putter... Odyssey DFX 6600 Super Stroke 2.0 XL

24

#55 tanker44

tanker44

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357941
  • Joined: 01/14/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

That is terrible.. I would absolutely lose my mind.  I’m super paranoid and take them in the house every night and always try to hide in backseat of truck.  Sorry man

Titleist 915D3 and 910D3 in rotation
Cobra F8+ 13.5*
Titleist 818H 19*
Callaway X Forged
RTX4 Raw 52/56/60
Cameron Newport 18'

25

#56 rufus mangler

rufus mangler

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16979
  • Joined: 07/26/2006
  • Location:Orlando
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:45 AM

Going through a divorce many years ago and had my apartment broken into. The only thing I had of any value were my Pings.

I actually thought they were waiting for me to replace them so they could take those too. That stuff gets in your head.
Titleist 910d3 8.5º or 905r 8.5º
Titleist 910f 15º
Titleist 910h 21º
Srizon Z745 4-PW
Titleist Raw 09 Vokey 50º, 54º, 58º
Odyssey WHP #7, or SC PP DelMar 3.5, or early 70's Acushnet BullsEye WFLO.
Hdcp 7

26

#57 Valtiel

Valtiel

    Trap Draw

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150887
  • Joined: 12/12/2011
  • Location:Scotts Valley, CA
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1181

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:16 AM

Its the worst feeling. I had my bag swiped from my car 3 years ago; Titleist 910D3, 906F2 13*, 906F4 18*, AP2 4-PW, Vokey wedges, Scotty Cameron putter. Everything custom like my current bag with aftermarket shafts, midsized grips, weakened lofts, upright lies etc etc. I quit playing for about a year and half after that. Insurance didn't cover it, nothing turned up on Craiglist or in local stores. I should have checked the local flea market as I bet someone just dumped it there for like $100.

At least everything I have now out performs what I had then, but that 5 wood was magic with my 103x Blueboard in it. That and the Scotty were to the two biggest losses in there for me.

I can tell you that the pain of it fades and there will always be that little twinge of anger, especially if anything was irreplaceable. With the amount of work i've put into my current bag I would probably drop the game for good if it was stolen.

Edited by Valtiel, 13 July 2018 - 06:20 AM.

Posted Image M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Posted Image 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
  Posted Image  XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X
| | Posted Image SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
Posted Image Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || Posted Image SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
Posted Image Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Posted Image V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
Posted Image MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
Posted Image MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0

Posted Image MP-59 4i-PW 27*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind
Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
Posted Image Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
Posted Image Santa Fe Bullseye shaft
                                                             WITB Thread

27

#58 Twism86

Twism86

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostValtiel, on 13 July 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

I should have checked the local flea market as I bet someone just dumped it there for like $100.

Not even sure if that would be the case these days. The internet makes it easy to sell stolen items but it also makes it easy for thieves to get a value on what they just nabbed. No doubt that they sell it for cheap to unload it quick but just a little research would give them enough info to increase their profit.
TM AeroBurner 9.5*
TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
Odyssey White Hot RX #1
A bunch of random wedges

28

#59 bullie76

bullie76

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121903
  • Joined: 02/08/2011
  • Location:Mississippi
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 734

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

I had a set stolen off my golf cart parked in my garage. Neighbor across the street did too. I left the door up after coming home from work but lowered it at sunset. Was stolen in the light of day. Pretty bold.
My senior bag.......
Taylormade M2(2016) 9.5* driver reg
Taylormade RBZ 13* 3 wood reg
Adams TL2 - FW 16* 4 wood & 3,4 hybrids reg
Ping G 6-pw(power lofts), i200 U wedge(49*).....CFS graphite reg
Ping Glide 54/58 ss reg
Ping Craz-E putter

29

#60 11forgedblades

11forgedblades

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32720
  • Joined: 06/24/2007
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

A few years ago I had my car stolen with my clubs among other things inside of it. Insurance paid for new clubs, but newer isn't necessarily better I'm learning. My car was later found with the things inside sold and car stripped. Someone reported to the police they saw the guy taking swings off the sidewalk in front of his apartment with my irons. When I heard that, it made me angrier than the car being to taken!lol

Edited by 11forgedblades, 13 July 2018 - 10:40 AM.

COBRA BIOCELL+ DRIVER
-matrix 6q3 stiff
TITLEIST 585 HYBRID 21*
-dynamic gold s300
COBRA FLY Z PRO 5-GW
-kbs tour 120 stiff
CLEVELAND TA 588 57*
-dynamic gold s300
BETTINARDI BABY BEN PUTTER
-33"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors