2019 PGA Tour Schedule
Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:14 PM
Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:36 PM
As it was the last time it was played in Australia.
Will the US pick the team after the Tour Championship or will players need to play in the fall to make the team for Captain Big Cat?
just say NO.... to practice swings
Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:49 PM
Well, you'd hope they set the team in stone after the Tour Championship because that makes good sense, but I don't put it past them to stretch it out into the fall to add drama and give the what-used-to-be-silly-season events a boost.
Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:02 PM
Agree. I'll be curious to see the changes to the TPC course that has been used by the Champions Tour that has seen very low scoring. I know they are lengthening it and tightening the fairways, but curious to see any new hazards added. I kind of wished they picked a different course. I know Hazeltine doesn't want a yearly tour stop, but I thought Windsong Farm could be an option. I've heard Olympic Hills wants a tour stop, but I'm guessing logistics (especially parking) would be tough there. An LPGA event there would be great.
Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:40 AM
Some general comments:
- Nothing exciting until Hawaii as before and that works for me. You kind of need a break.
- As before,slow rampup leading to the florida Swing when it all really starts, with the Trump Championship in Mexico as the bridge between the west coast and florida swing, an improvement
- The florida swing back to its former glory which is good, maybe the Valspar and Players should have been swapped to make Players the finale which would have seemed logical.
- Nothing much to say about the remainder of march and April, Masters is the big Orgasm which needs a bit of breath before and after. Houston was maybe better than San Antonio as the entree, I wonder how many will take part in San Antonio. It's a really exciting course from TV watching perspective, but not much like the Masters.
- May definitely needs PGA Champs. My only concern there is that the Memorial, which is a really exciting tournament is too soon after. Maybe.
- The summer upto The Open, pretty much the same with the respective Majors as the big events of the respective month.
- After the Open things will be a little quiter than before, especially next year with no big events outside the tours. No Majors. I think its good. There has been a logjam of all-the-best-there tournaments in the fall the last years, simply too much. And I think the Tour Championship will get back a little of its function of really ending the season as it had before.
All in all, it looks good to me!
Edited by Hankshank, 20 September 2018 - 02:46 AM.
Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:02 AM
3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/20 Blueboard
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW Tour V
Wedges: SM6 50F and 54S; SM5 60K DG
Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX Rossie Putter
Ball: Titleist AVX
Grips: Grip Master Leather
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users