Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tiger vs Phil for $10mil

Tiger Phil

212 replies to this topic

#181 3puttchamp

3puttchamp

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 505046
  • Joined: 06/18/2018
  • Location:Northern VA
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

View Postcdnglf, on 10 July 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostTexsport, on 08 July 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't think there's enough interest to raise $10 million.

Texsport

On what planet??  Tiger draws casual fans into watching the game.  You the WRX golf pro who knows everything there is to know about golf may not watch but my 70 year old dad who does not even speak english let alone watch golf will tune in because he likes Tiger Woods.

$10M might be possible, but it is pretty ambitious for a presumably one day exhibition with only 2 players.

The purse for most of the majors and the Players is about $10M (US Open is $12M). Those are real championships, with four days of coverage.
Tiger's own silly season event (also a 4 day tournament) has a $3.5M purse.

And you are comparing this to golf tournaments because?  This is not a golf tournament.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#182 cdnglf

cdnglf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139540
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1732

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:33 AM

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

View Postcdnglf, on 10 July 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostTexsport, on 08 July 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't think there's enough interest to raise $10 million.

Texsport

On what planet??  Tiger draws casual fans into watching the game.  You the WRX golf pro who knows everything there is to know about golf may not watch but my 70 year old dad who does not even speak english let alone watch golf will tune in because he likes Tiger Woods.

$10M might be possible, but it is pretty ambitious for a presumably one day exhibition with only 2 players.

The purse for most of the majors and the Players is about $10M (US Open is $12M). Those are real championships, with four days of coverage.
Tiger's own silly season event (also a 4 day tournament) has a $3.5M purse.

And you are comparing this to golf tournaments because?  This is not a golf tournament.

Because comparing it to other golf events makes more sense than "my Dad likes Tiger Woods".

Edited by cdnglf, 10 July 2018 - 08:34 AM.


2

#183 3puttchamp

3puttchamp

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 505046
  • Joined: 06/18/2018
  • Location:Northern VA
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

View Postcdnglf, on 10 July 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

View Postcdnglf, on 10 July 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostTexsport, on 08 July 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I don't think there's enough interest to raise $10 million.

Texsport

On what planet??  Tiger draws casual fans into watching the game.  You the WRX golf pro who knows everything there is to know about golf may not watch but my 70 year old dad who does not even speak english let alone watch golf will tune in because he likes Tiger Woods.

$10M might be possible, but it is pretty ambitious for a presumably one day exhibition with only 2 players.

The purse for most of the majors and the Players is about $10M (US Open is $12M). Those are real championships, with four days of coverage.
Tiger's own silly season event (also a 4 day tournament) has a $3.5M purse.

And you are comparing this to golf tournaments because?  This is not a golf tournament.

Because comparing it to other golf tournaments makes more sense than "my Dad likes Tiger Woods".

I think you are missing the point here.  My dad reference was to say that a Tiger and Phil match would draw casual fans.  Yes its gimmicky from a pure golf standpoint but the argument that this event will not raise X amount of dollars because the US Open purse is X amount is not an apple to apples comparison.  This is an exhibition putting two of this generations greatest golfers in a head to head made for TV match.  THIS IS NOT A GOLF TOURNAMENT.

3

#184 cdnglf

cdnglf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139540
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1732

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

View Postcdnglf, on 10 July 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

View Postcdnglf, on 10 July 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

View Post3puttchamp, on 10 July 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

On what planet??  Tiger draws casual fans into watching the game.  You the WRX golf pro who knows everything there is to know about golf may not watch but my 70 year old dad who does not even speak english let alone watch golf will tune in because he likes Tiger Woods.

$10M might be possible, but it is pretty ambitious for a presumably one day exhibition with only 2 players.

The purse for most of the majors and the Players is about $10M (US Open is $12M). Those are real championships, with four days of coverage.
Tiger's own silly season event (also a 4 day tournament) has a $3.5M purse.

And you are comparing this to golf tournaments because?  This is not a golf tournament.

Because comparing it to other golf tournaments makes more sense than "my Dad likes Tiger Woods".

I think you are missing the point here.  My dad reference was to say that a Tiger and Phil match would draw casual fans.  Yes its gimmicky from a pure golf standpoint but the argument that this event will not raise X amount of dollars because the US Open purse is X amount is not an apple to apples comparison.  This is an exhibition putting two of this generations greatest golfers in a head to head made for TV match.  THIS IS NOT A GOLF TOURNAMENT.

No need to shout. Sure, it will draw casual fans. Not so easy to see how it will draw $10M worth, since the biggest events in the game only pay out about that and have about 8x the number of broadcast hours.

What precedent is there to suggest that this hypothetical event could support a purse of that size?

Edited by cdnglf, 10 July 2018 - 05:22 PM.


4

#185 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 494

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

My goodness, Hank Haney is promoting this event like he's got a stake in it.  He is pushing the idea that this will be a pay-per-view event. Would you pay?  I pay for cable already, and this isn't even a competition. It is an exhibition of two middle-aged golfers past their prime, like the Skins Game shows were.

What it all shows me is how desperate the golf world is for a dominating force, not a group of frat boys wrapped up in a bromance of fame and money, slapping each other on the back without a care in the world, including the fire to dominate.

I am curious to see how Tiger and Phil would respond to the pressure of the faux match, but both are so secure in their own worlds, with their best years behind them, that this will be more of a warm and fuzzy show of two men wandering a green lap of luxury than the fight of the century.

Edited by Tim Schoch, 10 July 2018 - 09:54 AM.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G25 10.5* TFC-189 reg graphite
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Adams Idea A12 #4 Hybrid 21* VTS Proforce reg graphite
Ping G25 Blue Dot 5-U, graphite reg
Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10 and SM6 58/12
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, midsize Lamkin Classic grips

5

#186 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 18224

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

What's money to these guys? Especially if it's not their own. Have the revenue go to charity.

They should play for pure bragging rights and something that has great value to them personally.

Like, Phil has to put up his dinosaur head. If it's real, gotta be worth a couple of $MM and I think it was a gift from Amy.

Posted Image




And wonder what TW could put up of equal financial and sentimental value? He is notoriously cheap and doesn't seem very sentimental. But he must have something to put up.

So, the winner gets the losers loot.

Also, loser has to sit in a carnival dunk tank while the winner chips balls at the target til they go in!

Posted Image

Edited by bscinstnct, 10 July 2018 - 11:29 AM.


6

#187 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 4630

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

^^^^

Forget the money. If Phil loses he has to tell the whole truth about the stick tip/Billy Walters deal. If TW loses he has to give the honest play by play account of the fire hydrant/9 iron to the face



7

#188 MilkyButterCuts

MilkyButterCuts

    Darth Fader

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492318
  • Joined: 01/31/2018
  • Location:Salt Lake City
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

You and I know we're all going to watch this.

8

#189 mocokid

mocokid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128438
  • Joined: 05/10/2011
  • Location:central NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

this match should have been done 10 years ago when they hated each other's guts, now playing with someone else's $$, do they really care??

One is slightly over the hill but having a good year, the other well over the hill, one swing away from a wheelchair.

9

#190 Barfolomew

Barfolomew

    #worstWRXer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379468
  • Joined: 06/07/2015
  • Location:Cruisin Sunset
GolfWRX Likes : 408

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

I got $10 mill on Phil...

G30 LS
M2 BMW
XR 4 Hybrid
OnOffOnAgain Kuros
Cleveland Blob
Square Strike
SeeMore Butts

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#191 TheGulag

TheGulag

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436348
  • Joined: 08/12/2016
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

View PostBarfolomew, on 10 July 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

I got $10 mill on Phil...

I will take 10mil on Tiger with someone elses money.

View Posttatertot, on 12 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Bad day ... Like an arm fell off on the range and he decided to tough it out?

11

#192 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 494

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:57 PM

Of course we will watch, like we would watch any crazy sports exhibition. But I won’t pay extra for sure. Promoters are trying to make it important, which is laughable. No drama here and nothing to attract mote players.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G25 10.5* TFC-189 reg graphite
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Adams Idea A12 #4 Hybrid 21* VTS Proforce reg graphite
Ping G25 Blue Dot 5-U, graphite reg
Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10 and SM6 58/12
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, midsize Lamkin Classic grips

12

#193 PGArox

PGArox

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 5883

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

View Postmocokid, on 10 July 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

this match should have been done 10 years ago when they hated each other's guts, now playing with someone else's $$, do they really care??

One is slightly over the hill but having a good year, the other well over the hill, one swing away from a wheelchair.

This made me laugh.

13

#194 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Hong Kong
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1406

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostTim Schoch, on 10 July 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

My goodness, Hank Haney is promoting this event like he's got a stake in it.  He is pushing the idea that this will be a pay-per-view event. Would you pay?  I pay for cable already, and this isn't even a competition. It is an exhibition of two middle-aged golfers past their prime, like the Skins Game shows were.

What it all shows me is how desperate the golf world is for a dominating force, not a group of frat boys wrapped up in a bromance of fame and money, slapping each other on the back without a care in the world, including the fire to dominate.

I am curious to see how Tiger and Phil would respond to the pressure of the faux match, but both are so secure in their own worlds, with their best years behind them, that this will be more of a warm and fuzzy show of two men wandering a green lap of luxury than the fight of the century.

This is by far the worst idea since the Mayweather MacGregor fight. At least that was worth paying for because anytime someone hits Floyd, it makes me smile
Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik R
Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Odyssey O-Works Black 34"

14

#195 Naptime

Naptime

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504866
  • Joined: 06/16/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:31 AM

I think $10 million is pretty easy. The TV rights and cross marketing etc. When the Browns play the Steelers it's likely irrelevant to the Super Bowl, but fanboys will buy terrible towels and dog hats and all that stuff. Even on WRX there seem to be passionate factions for TW or FIGJAM. Willing to bet that site traffic would rise and the thread would go over 100 pages.

Edited by Naptime, 11 July 2018 - 06:32 AM.


15

#196 tsecor

tsecor

    Loading........

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129704
  • Joined: 05/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1160

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:51 AM

It would be great to see Phil hit a moving ball or improve his lie during this match

16

#197 TheGulag

TheGulag

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436348
  • Joined: 08/12/2016
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

View Posttsecor, on 11 July 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

It would be great to see Phil hit a moving ball or improve his lie during this match

But he has to do it when Tigers back is turned so he can act like he didn't do anything wrong or that it never happened. :pimp:

Edited by TheGulag, 11 July 2018 - 10:21 AM.

View Posttatertot, on 12 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Bad day ... Like an arm fell off on the range and he decided to tough it out?

17

#198 bluefishercat

bluefishercat

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376170
  • Joined: 05/16/2015
  • Location:Vermont
  • Ebay ID:bluefishercat
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

Nothing new, it's just for more money
https://www.youtube....h?v=_7URngrpvb8
Pete
Cleveland Classic XL 10.5
Taylormade Jetspeed 3HL
Callaway Heavenwood
Callaway X-16  4-PW
Callaway  50, 56, 60
Never Compromise Sub 30 S2

18

#199 mcputter

mcputter

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29978
  • Joined: 05/28/2007
  • Handicap:0.9
  • Ebay ID:rmholer
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:17 PM

I could care less about this match (I could also care more).

Unless they play for their own money, it's a carney sham(e).
Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!

19

#200 hogans71

hogans71

    Ain't no change in the weather, ain't no changes in me

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45116
  • Joined: 01/05/2008
  • Location:Chicago (Lincoln Park)
GolfWRX Likes : 4202

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

How bout they play for the 2019 PGA Tour season? Loser sits out the entire year...

THAT'S something...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#201 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 494

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

Not making it about money is a good idea. Like Funk's skirt when Annika out-drove him.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G25 10.5* TFC-189 reg graphite
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Adams Idea A12 #4 Hybrid 21* VTS Proforce reg graphite
Ping G25 Blue Dot 5-U, graphite reg
Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10 and SM6 58/12
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, midsize Lamkin Classic grips

21

#202 jmvargas

jmvargas

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59492
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:subic bay, philippines
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 1282

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

i think the promoters should really consider not making the money the main prize here..

something like one day on Tiger's yacht vs Phil caddying for a whole tournament,....or a donation to charity FROM THEIR OWN MONEY of  a minimum $1M....etc...

...any other ideas guys?
Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized  55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

22

#203 spud3

spud3

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119423
  • Joined: 12/27/2010
  • Location:Portland, OR
GolfWRX Likes : 903

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:19 AM

View Postjmvargas, on 12 July 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

i think the promoters should really consider not making the money the main prize here..

something like one day on Tiger's yacht vs Phil caddying for a whole tournament,....or a donation to charity FROM THEIR OWN MONEY of  a minimum $1M....etc...

...any other ideas guys?

See post #63 on page 3.  No money involved.
"take that, you miserable
little white swine!"

23

#204 ssfranny

ssfranny

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Joined: 03/13/2009
  • Location:Omaha,Ne
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 442

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

View PostEKELLY, on 06 July 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

This interests me about as much as the Nebraska Corn Hole Championship!.

Uhhh we dont have that championship.

Edited by ssfranny, 13 July 2018 - 12:57 AM.


24

#205 jmvargas

jmvargas

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59492
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:subic bay, philippines
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 1282

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:16 AM

View Postspud3, on 13 July 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

View Postjmvargas, on 12 July 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

i think the promoters should really consider not making the money the main prize here..

something like one day on Tiger's yacht vs Phil caddying for a whole tournament,....or a donation to charity FROM THEIR OWN MONEY of  a minimum $1M....etc...

...any other ideas guys?

See post #63 on page 3.  No money involved.



yes!!...

more ideas like this would be welcome..

in any case if it's just about money again....what else is new???

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized  55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

25

#206 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5271

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:22 AM

Loser has to wear this till next Masters (HYMYM quote)

Posted Image

26

#207 NPVWhiz

NPVWhiz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11443
  • Joined: 02/07/2006
  • Location:Southern Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:42 AM

I can find no money or financial element that makes this interesting.  There has to be an avoidance element involved.  It has to be something that neither of them want to do.  

I propose a craft beer and demo club summit where tiger and Phil attend and the loser has to give a TED like round review talk to explain how they lost while the other one adds color and commentary. Lots of color and commentary.
Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3   ------> Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s                
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX   
Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw ---------> Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.  
Vokey  SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5 ------------> Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
Scotty Golo

27

#208 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 3055

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

If it was on a boring night, I would probably watch.  Unless it was some kind of PPV, then no way.

28

#209 wjdpar1

wjdpar1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3643
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:13 PM

Not playing with their own money.

I'm not interested and won't watch.

29

#210 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1577

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

View Postmcputter, on 11 July 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

I could care less about this match (I could also care more). Unless they play for their own money, it's a carney sham(e).

its couldn't care less. it does not make any sense to say i could care less.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with Tiger, Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors