Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Activate your lats


37 replies to this topic

#1 howellhandmade

howellhandmade

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240097
  • Joined: 03/22/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

Listening to Sirius golf radio this afternoon on the way to the course, I think maybe Inside the Ropes, when one of the commentators offered that most amateurs play from the front of their bodies (pecs, quads) while most pros play from the backs of their bodies. He said everybody had fun with Tiger's glutes not firing, but, just for grins, try playing with the thought of activating your lats.

I thought, what the hell, and played the front nine of my course in even par, two birdies, one double (after a flushed five iron flew the green and left an unstoppable pitch back down). Which might not be all that momentous except that I'm an 11, never shot close to par before. Every single impact felt solid and heavy, every iron flew more or less straight, wedges were dead on.. Now, it's quite possible that this feeling will evaporate tomorrow, but if I suck it won't be because I didn't activate my lats.

Maybe worth a try.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

The thread I started about swinging harder is a similar thought.  The other day I had a hard practice swing where it felt like I got a stretch in my lat.  

That has kind of been my swing thought the last two rounds and off the tee Iíve been much more powerful and accurate these last two rounds.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

2

#3 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

Front, Back... you have muscles.  Either use them or don't.  You can google an Anatomy diagram.  Strengthen and elastize them all for a better golf game.

3

#4 Saskwatch

Saskwatch

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109046
  • Joined: 06/05/2010
  • Location:Saskatchewan
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:jsk401
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:41 PM

View PostBB28403, on 03 July 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Front, Back... you have muscles.  Either use them or don't.  You can google an Anatomy diagram.  Strengthen and elastize them all for a better golf game.

And always remember to carry your invisible suitcases!
917D3 8.5º - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
915F 13.5º - Tensei Pro White 80TX
915F 18º - Tensei Pro White 80TX Proto
716CB 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130X
SM6 50º, 54º & 58º - KBS C-Taper 130X
Big T Blade 33"
ProV1x

On Tap:
716CB 2 Iron - KBS C-Taper 130X
915H 18º - Kuro Kage TiNi HY 90TX

4

#5 3eagles18

3eagles18

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40317
  • Joined: 10/03/2007
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:31 PM

View Posthowellhandmade, on 03 July 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Listening to Sirius golf radio this afternoon on the way to the course, I think maybe Inside the Ropes, when one of the commentators offered that most amateurs play from the front of their bodies (pecs, quads) while most pros play from the backs of their bodies. He said everybody had fun with Tiger's glutes not firing, but, just for grins, try playing with the thought of activating your lats.

I thought, what the hell, and played the front nine of my course in even par, two birdies, one double (after a flushed five iron flew the green and left an unstoppable pitch back down). Which might not be all that momentous except that I'm an 11, never shot close to par before. Every single impact felt solid and heavy, every iron flew more or less straight, wedges were dead on.. Now, it's quite possible that this feeling will evaporate tomorrow, but if I suck it won't be because I didn't activate my lats.

Maybe worth a try.

https://www.youtube....h?v=i97agu-MiXk

Read your post (thank you) and searched YouTube. Tried a few swings in my swing room. Hopped in my cart and out to the course under the moonlight. Felt great. Filled my divots and back home Can't wait to head to the range and play tomorrow. P.S. My wife thinks I'm nuts.


5

#6 howellhandmade

howellhandmade

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240097
  • Joined: 03/22/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:59 AM

View Post3eagles18, on 03 July 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

View Posthowellhandmade, on 03 July 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Listening to Sirius golf radio this afternoon on the way to the course, I think maybe Inside the Ropes, when one of the commentators offered that most amateurs play from the front of their bodies (pecs, quads) while most pros play from the backs of their bodies. He said everybody had fun with Tiger's glutes not firing, but, just for grins, try playing with the thought of activating your lats.

I thought, what the hell, and played the front nine of my course in even par, two birdies, one double (after a flushed five iron flew the green and left an unstoppable pitch back down). Which might not be all that momentous except that I'm an 11, never shot close to par before. Every single impact felt solid and heavy, every iron flew more or less straight, wedges were dead on.. Now, it's quite possible that this feeling will evaporate tomorrow, but if I suck it won't be because I didn't activate my lats.

Maybe worth a try.

https://www.youtube....h?v=i97agu-MiXk

Read your post (thank you) and searched YouTube. Tried a few swings in my swing room. Hopped in my cart and out to the course under the moonlight. Felt great. Filled my divots and back home Can't wait to head to the range and play tomorrow. P.S. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

I'm envious; that is exactly how I'd behave if I had a swing room and lived in a golf community that let me do that -- or owned my own golf course.

6

#7 Boris2016

Boris2016

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466356
  • Joined: 05/05/2017
  • Location:Berlin
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

If anyone has an ounce of sense, they will read this post again and again, and accept it as gospel.  You get more power and consistency from using the muscles to the rear of your torso, not the front.  I have known that from day one, my golf coach in college preached that.    Surprised, this is not common knowledge.

You can hit balls for hours and get lessons from every pro under the sun, if you are not using the right muscle groups, you are wasting your time.

This is a great post, one of the best.  Golf is so simple, it is made difficult so you will buy more miracle clubs and pay these so called golf instructors ridiculous fees.   It is hysterical.

This poster deserves a lot of credit.  He gets it, question is will you?

Boris

7

#8 white03

white03

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41466
  • Joined: 10/28/2007
  • Location:North Alabama
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

interesting, never heard much talk about lats in the golf swing

8

#9 mfm22

mfm22

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29840
  • Joined: 05/26/2007
  • Location:L.I. N.Y.
  • Ebay ID:MFM22
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:33 PM

Makes sense , lats  are huge in baseball swing.    I'd have to be sure to get weight left  otherwise it'd be OTT city

Edited by mfm22, 04 July 2018 - 07:44 PM.


9

#10 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:46 PM

Try doing a practice backswing where the only goal is getting the feeling of a stretch in the lat and then use that stretched feeling to start the downswing.  It feels like a powerful move - at least to me it does.

Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 moehogan

moehogan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63462
  • Joined: 08/16/2008
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 04 July 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Try doing a practice backswing where the only goal is getting the feeling of a stretch in the lat and then use that stretched feeling to start the downswing.  It feels like a powerful move - at least to me it does.

Stumbled on the BS loading and transition feels of the lead lat many years ago. The real light bulb for me was figuring out how the trail lat was also engaged by the winding of the trail arm in transition and the DS.

Edited by moehogan, 04 July 2018 - 09:29 PM.


11

#12 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

View Postmoehogan, on 04 July 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 04 July 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Try doing a practice backswing where the only goal is getting the feeling of a stretch in the lat and then use that stretched feeling to start the downswing.  It feels like a powerful move - at least to me it does.

Stumbled on the BS loading and transition feels of the lead lat many years ago. The real light bulb for me was figuring out how the trail lat was also engaged by the winding of the trail arm in transition and the DS.

Could you expand on this idea please?
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

12

#13 Teetoogrn

Teetoogrn

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27209
  • Joined: 03/28/2007
  • Location:Too Cold Illinois
  • Ebay ID:Teetoogrn
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

Isn't this basically the GG "let the left hip" start the downswing move?  I've started using that swing thought with a focus on side bend and my irons are straighter and more consistently hit flush.  I guess everyone has their own 'key' swing thought..

13

#14 moehogan

moehogan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63462
  • Joined: 08/16/2008
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 04 July 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

View Postmoehogan, on 04 July 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 04 July 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Try doing a practice backswing where the only goal is getting the feeling of a stretch in the lat and then use that stretched feeling to start the downswing.  It feels like a powerful move - at least to me it does.

Stumbled on the BS loading and transition feels of the lead lat many years ago. The real light bulb for me was figuring out how the trail lat was also engaged by the winding of the trail arm in transition and the DS.

Could you expand on this idea please?

The release of the stretched lead lat in transition helps get the DS going if one has the proper tilts.  By winding the right arm (for a righthander) CLOCKWISE in transition, the resultant external shoulder rotation unifies the upper right arm with the right upper torso and engages the right lat.  This enables the entire synced right side to deliver a body blow.


Edited by moehogan, 04 July 2018 - 09:30 PM.


14

#15 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

View Postmoehogan, on 04 July 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 04 July 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

View Postmoehogan, on 04 July 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 04 July 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Try doing a practice backswing where the only goal is getting the feeling of a stretch in the lat and then use that stretched feeling to start the downswing.  It feels like a powerful move - at least to me it does.

Stumbled on the BS loading and transition feels of the lead lat many years ago. The real light bulb for me was figuring out how the trail lat was also engaged by the winding of the trail arm in transition and the DS.

Could you expand on this idea please?

The release of the stretched lead lat in transition helps get the DS going if one has the proper tilts.  By winding the right arm (for a righthander) CLOCKWISE in transition, the resultant external shoulder rotation unifies the upper right arm with the right upper torso and engages the right lat.  This enables the entire synced right side to deliver a body blow.



Interesting.  Just reading what you wrote Iím going to have to give it a go because the concept isnít quite clicking with me.

Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

15

#16 Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

    Major? Winner?

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176066
  • Joined: 04/19/2012
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 485

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:02 AM

The dog looks at me like I'm crazy (he may be right) but here I am doing golf swings without a club in the living room. You guys may indeed be into something! Will need to take this to the range on the weekend. Feels very stable in the upper body but I need to work on the hip setup to make sure the tail bone is "tucked under" (like in yoga mountain pose - then bend down to the address) so that the hip doesn't move sideways.

Thank you! Look forward for a round of even par ;)
TM R11S 10.5 HZRDUS Yellow 65
TM R11S 5w Fujikura Speeder Evo II FW
[ Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95 || TM R15 3H ]
[ Callaway Apex Pro 3i || TM R15 4H ]

Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Cleveland 588 54,60
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

16

#17 mfm22

mfm22

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29840
  • Joined: 05/26/2007
  • Location:L.I. N.Y.
  • Ebay ID:MFM22
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

Moe

"The release of the stretched lead lat in transition helps get the DS going if one has the proper tilts.  By winding the right arm (for a righthander) CLOCKWISE in transition,"

This Clockwise rotation helps Flatten shaft and brings the right elbow into body ?

Edited by mfm22, 06 July 2018 - 08:47 AM.


17

#18 moehogan

moehogan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63462
  • Joined: 08/16/2008
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

View Postmfm22, on 06 July 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Moe

"The release of the stretched lead lat in transition helps get the DS going if one has the proper tilts.  By winding the right arm (for a righthander) CLOCKWISE in transition,"

This Clockwise rotation helps Flatten shaft and brings the right elbow into body ?

Exactly!

18

#19 Kenny Lee Puckett

Kenny Lee Puckett

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379660
  • Joined: 06/08/2015
  • Location:Arizona USA
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2804

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

this thread is going to result in a broken table lamp in some WRXer's living room.
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be  video on course practice 5/2016

Ping G LST: Ping Tour 80
Ping Anser 4wd: Accra S3-80 RT
PXG 0317 Hybrid: Fujikura 8D07HB

Ping S55 4-PW: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
Ping Glide 2.0  50/54/58 SS: DG Tour Issue
Ping ZING 2

Ping 703 +3 wraps/Pingman putter grip
Ping Sensor glove/Srixon 2017 Z-Star XV
Ping Hoofer 2016 bag

19

#20 Boris2016

Boris2016

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466356
  • Joined: 05/05/2017
  • Location:Berlin
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

I will say this again.  This is the best post to appear here in years.  You can take lesson and lesson, do drill after drill, and buy club after club,but if you are not using the right muscle groups, it is a waste of time.  Pros do swing from the back, and many amateurs swing from the front. I learned about the back from a golf coach in my college days and it stuck with me.  

Take what the original poster said very seriously.  This is something you will seldom here, and most golf instructors themselves do not know this or understand this.  Put this concept to work, you will see immediate results after a few swings, and then you will wonder why you never did this before


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Scottk

Scottk

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69932
  • Joined: 11/28/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

View Posthowellhandmade, on 03 July 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Listening to Sirius golf radio this afternoon on the way to the course, I think maybe Inside the Ropes, when one of the commentators offered that most amateurs play from the front of their bodies (pecs, quads) while most pros play from the backs of their bodies. He said everybody had fun with Tiger's glutes not firing, but, just for grins, try playing with the thought of activating your lats.

I thought, what the hell, and played the front nine of my course in even par, two birdies, one double (after a flushed five iron flew the green and left an unstoppable pitch back down). Which might not be all that momentous except that I'm an 11, never shot close to par before. Every single impact felt solid and heavy, every iron flew more or less straight, wedges were dead on.. Now, it's quite possible that this feeling will evaporate tomorrow, but if I suck it won't be because I didn't activate my lats.

Maybe worth a try.

Great stuff.  I am a low-mid single digit player.  I played yesterday and thought about your post.  I focused every shot on my left lat.  On the backswing, I would feel the stretch, then on the downswing, focus on that left lat.  I was flushing my irons.  I was even doing it on 50 yard pitches.  I believe it is a great swing thought because if I focus on firing my left lat, I accelerate through the shot and finish in a much better position.  Really improves impact position.  Thanks for posting it!  Play from the back, not the front.  Absolutely brilliant.

21

#22 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

This has been a great thread.  One of the better to come down the pike lately.  

The left lat swing thought along with swinging hard have given me some wonderful results this last week.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

22

#23 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119644
  • Joined: 12/31/2010
  • Location:SW UK
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

This is a good post, thinking this is why im so Poor at Left side bend in my backswing....i just turn and get flat with my arms.

Its so frustrating when I see a swing super deep and arms.

I'd assume lats are the stabiliser?

Edited by Daniel Eason, 11 July 2018 - 12:18 PM.

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

23

#24 Barfolomew

Barfolomew

    #worstWRXer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379468
  • Joined: 06/07/2015
  • Location:Cruisin Sunset
GolfWRX Likes : 347

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

Totally agree with ya OP.....Getting the back actively involved lets you turn and turn with power and accuracy....Hoffman is a good visual
G30 LS
M2 BMW
XR 4 Hybrid
OnOffOnAgain Kuros
Cleveland Blob
Square Strike
SeeMore Butts

24

#25 Singapore Joe

Singapore Joe

    Major? Winner?

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176066
  • Joined: 04/19/2012
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 485

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

Been working on this for a few range sessions and one round now. The range sessions for short/mid irons and hybrids/5wood are great, long irons not behaving that well. Not gaining much (read: any) distance but the accuracy sees immediate improvement. What I can tell from my shadow is that the head stays really still. The balls go dead straight now, and having been used to a specific shot shape I need to revise my aiming a fair bit. Only played one round and wa really tired (too much sports!) so the swing was poor. Will try again today after having a recovery day yesterday.

TM R11S 10.5 HZRDUS Yellow 65
TM R11S 5w Fujikura Speeder Evo II FW
[ Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95 || TM R15 3H ]
[ Callaway Apex Pro 3i || TM R15 4H ]

Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Cleveland 588 54,60
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

25

#26 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 336

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

I get the lat stretch on the backswing, what do you do on the downswing?

Also, Dan Whittaker once told me to stretch the lat going back and swing from the ground up, through the left side. Never did make it work. But, it sounds like it should.

26

#27 jamie

jamie

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2963
  • Joined: 07/17/2005
  • Location:Washington
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 313

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

How do you stretch the last?
PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G Stretch 13* Tour 80 X - PING G400 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I200 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING Cadence Ketsch TR CB 35"

27

#28 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 2119

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

View PostTanner25, on 11 July 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

I get the lat stretch on the backswing, what do you do on the downswing?

Also, Dan Whittaker once told me to stretch the lat going back and swing from the ground up, through the left side. Never did make it work. But, it sounds like it should.

Once I get the stretched feeling I try to feel like my contracting my lat to start the downswing.  Curious to hear what others do.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
Ping G15 - Looking to replace
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
23* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
5-PW Yururi Flat Back Raw (Black) - DGTI X100s
GW, SW Royal Collect Dual Bite - DGTI S400s
Lob Wedge - SM6 MGrind - DGTI S400
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

28

#29 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 336

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 11 July 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostTanner25, on 11 July 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

I get the lat stretch on the backswing, what do you do on the downswing?

Also, Dan Whittaker once told me to stretch the lat going back and swing from the ground up, through the left side. Never did make it work. But, it sounds like it should.

Once I get the stretched feeling I try to feel like my contracting my lat to start the downswing.  Curious to hear what others do.

Not sure what you mean, an unwinding of the lat?

29

#30 Hilts1969

Hilts1969

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378062
  • Joined: 05/28/2015
  • Location:Manchester
GolfWRX Likes : 254

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

Interesting topic but lacking any actual detail on how to do it.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors