Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Is the Masters lottery “random”?

84 replies to this topic

#61 broth518

broth518

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1867
  • Ebay ID:nikegolfer518
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

I am 0 for 12 as well. I feel like people who get selected should not be able to get them for 5 years and let the rest of us go.

I do like a lot of people feel like its rigged

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 manku

manku

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425594
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

My guess is there are thousands who apply with the sole purpose of scalping the tickets.

There may not be an easier 1K+ to be made on this planet.

#63 bamagolf

bamagolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85352
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

I'm like 1 for 20 something. I got 3 for Tuesday in 08 when the app process was still on snail mail. Fortunately I know a guy and have been 8 times since then.
Bag 1:

Ping G25 9.5*
TM RBZ 15*
Callaway GBB Heavenwood
Callaway XR OS 5H, 6H, 7H
Callaway Apex CF16 7-A
Callaway MD4 56* W Grind
Callaway MD4 60* X Grind
Odyssey Rossie White Hot Pro

Bag 2:

Ping G5 9*
Cleveland Launcher Titanium 15*
Ping Eye 2, 2-L
Ping Pal 2 BeCu

Bag 3:

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (original)
Callaway S2H2 3W, 5W
Founders Club Forged 200 Series 3-PW
Cleveland 588 56*, 60*
Acushnet Bullseye

#64 Spinedoc2304

Spinedoc2304

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392354
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

So I’m 0 for 5 since my friend had his ticket yanked from him ( which was in my name) by a Pinkerton guard in the middle of a scalping transaction on our way out to the parking lot.
Think I’m banned for life?

#65 bladehunter

bladehunter

I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 17561

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:00 PM

View PostSpinedoc2304, on 05 July 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

So I'm 0 for 5 since my friend had his ticket yanked from him ( which was in my name) by a Pinkerton guard in the middle of a scalping transaction on our way out to the parking lot.
Think I'm banned for life?

does the Pope ride in the popemobile? yeppers...you all is probably on the list

Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
  **Testing **  Tour Issue TM GAPR 2 iron w/ Graphite Design ADDI 105X
Miura LE 1957 Small blade   3-pw  Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw 54  60 M  Modus 130S
TM Red TI Slant neck Spider ..34"  full sight line

#66 rockinar

rockinar

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63491
GolfWRX Likes : 1094

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:26 AM

I'd like to regretfully inform ANGC that I did not want to go anyways.........AGAIN.

#67 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 4630

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

View PostSpinedoc2304, on 05 July 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

So I’m 0 for 5 since my friend had his ticket yanked from him ( which was in my name) by a Pinkerton guard in the middle of a scalping transaction on our way out to the parking lot.
Think I’m banned for life?

Yeah.

#68 sefus12

sefus12

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92725
GolfWRX Likes : 702

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:11 AM

I'm still waiting for my email to tell me I continue to be 0-for-the-century on this lottery.
Nike CT 2.0 w/Kuro Kage TiNi 60x
TM Rocketballz Tour 13*
Titleist 913h 17* w/D+ 92s
TM Rocketbladez Tour w/KBS Tour S
Odyssey Rossie FB1
Titleist Vokey SM4 Wedges

#69 Naptime

Naptime

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504866
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

While this is probably not the best thread for a random sample, I suspect that most golfers aren't really trying to get Masters tickets.  Not saying they wouldn't go if someone gave them Sunday tickets with travel and hotel included.  I've seen major golf (but not the Masters) in person and watched it on TV.  Much prefer TV.  No crowds, no drunks, no traffic or parking hassles, relax on a comfy chair in the AC, save a ton of $$ on travel and hotels, and I see more of the action than I would on site, etc.  Attending on a Monday or Tuesday feels like paying and hassle to watch a World Series batting practice session...

#70 sefus12

sefus12

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92725
GolfWRX Likes : 702

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

View PostNaptime, on 06 July 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

While this is probably not the best thread for a random sample, I suspect that most golfers aren't really trying to get Masters tickets.  Not saying they wouldn't go if someone gave them Sunday tickets with travel and hotel included.  I've seen major golf (but not the Masters) in person and watched it on TV.  Much prefer TV.  No crowds, no drunks, no traffic or parking hassles, relax on a comfy chair in the AC, save a ton of $$ on travel and hotels, and I see more of the action than I would on site, etc.  Attending on a Monday or Tuesday feels like paying and hassle to watch a World Series batting practice session...

Make the trip to Augusta and you would probably feel differently.  It's truly incredible to be in the Masters atmosphere at Augusta.

Nike CT 2.0 w/Kuro Kage TiNi 60x
TM Rocketballz Tour 13*
Titleist 913h 17* w/D+ 92s
TM Rocketbladez Tour w/KBS Tour S
Odyssey Rossie FB1
Titleist Vokey SM4 Wedges

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 AB1620

AB1620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426892
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:40 AM

You've obviously never been.  I went for the first time this past year and I would every year for the entire week until I die if I could.

#72 Naptime

Naptime

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504866
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostAB1620, on 06 July 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

You've obviously never been.  I went for the first time this past year and I would every year for the entire week until I die if I could.

Correct that I've never been to ANGC.  Have seen Jack, Arnie, Lee, Chi Chi etc. in tournament rounds at various other events back in the day.  While it was nice to have done it a few times, I always looked forward to leaving early to beat traffic and watching the end on TV later.

#73 North Texas

North Texas

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
GolfWRX Likes : 2320

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:08 AM

2 for 8 here.

Had someone on here offer me $2,000 each for 2 of my Wednesday tickets one year but I had already promised them to our best friends. No regrets.

The other year I won tickets for the Monday round that got rained out where they closed the course at 10 am. Two weeks later I received an email from the Masters telling me that I would receive a complete refund and that I would automatically get tickets for the following year. I assumed Monday again but was surprised when they sent tickets for Wednesday.

The wife and I have been extremely fortunate to have attended 6 of the last 8 years for the Wednesday and Thursday rounds thanks to my son whose company gets tickets every year.

Edited by North Texas, 06 July 2018 - 10:10 AM.

#74 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Handicap:7.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4977

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:24 AM

Call it funny or just a coincidence, the OP is the same guy that supports yelling at golf events.  

And he didn't get tickets?
And he's wondering about random selection?

They know who is naughty and who is nice.  
They know.

#75 BiggErn

BiggErn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
GolfWRX Likes : 713

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

I would actually prefer a Monday or a Tuesday badge.

#76 manku

manku

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425594
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Everyone I know who has gone, even non golf fans, say it's great.

The Masters is brilliant in keeping concessions and ticket prices low...it generates an enormous amount of goodwill, and patrons probably end up spending so much at the merchandise tent that they end up making more than if they charged regular prices for tickets and food.

I would have a really hard time not putting my tickets on Stubhub if I won...with the proceeds, I could head up the coast and have a really fun weekend at Pebble instead!

#77 stickner

stickner

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409286
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 316

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostFerguson, on 06 July 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Call it funny or just a coincidence, the OP is the same guy that supports yelling at golf events.  

They know.

I support logic and not hypocrisy.

If making a loud noise (cheering) is not acceptable when a golfer is in the middle of, or about to hit a shot, then it should NEVER be acceptable to make any loud noise.

Why does the nearby player you can see deserve the courtesy of silence, yet the player 200 yards away in an adjacent fairway doesn't?

As far as yelling something idiotic after a player hits, sometimes I find it hysterical, sometimes I find it ridiculous. Either way why does it bother you? If it's not profane and the "offender" is not some out-of-control drunk, why does it matter?

BA BA BOOOEY!!!!!

#78 AB1620

AB1620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426892
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

Naptime,

You don't go to see the "stars".  You go to see the most incredible golf course in the world.  I always heard the stories about how you can't put it into words just how beautiful the place is and quite frankly I didn't believe the hype.  Well it didn't just live up to it, it exceeded it.  I like to think that if there were ever a heaven on earth it would be that stretch of 12, 13, 14 when the Azaleas are in full bloom.

Edited by AB1620, 06 July 2018 - 11:40 AM.

#79 Rangeballz

Rangeballz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328401
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

While I agree somewhat with those that prefer to watch on TV (for the actual competition), I just want to see the course, have some reasonably priced concessions, and blow some serious cash on Masters swag.

#80 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Handicap:7.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4977

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:34 PM

View Poststickner, on 06 July 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

They know.

If making a loud noise (cheering) is not acceptable when a golfer is in the middle of, or about to hit a shot, then it should NEVER be acceptable to make any loud noise.

Why does the nearby player you can see deserve the courtesy of silence, yet the player 200 yards away in an adjacent fairway doesn't?

As far as yelling something idiotic after a player hits, sometimes I find it hysterical, sometimes I find it ridiculous. Either way why does it bother you? If it's not profane and the "offender" is not some out-of-control drunk, why does it matter?

BA BA BOOOEY!!!!!

Did you get tickets?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 bladehunter

bladehunter

I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 17561

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

View Poststickner, on 06 July 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

They know.

BA BA BOOOEY!!!!!

youre avatar pic fits...   hypocrisy indeed....
Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
  **Testing **  Tour Issue TM GAPR 2 iron w/ Graphite Design ADDI 105X
Miura LE 1957 Small blade   3-pw  Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw 54  60 M  Modus 130S
TM Red TI Slant neck Spider ..34"  full sight line

#82 mattw387

mattw387

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415702
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

View PostNaptime, on 06 July 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostAB1620, on 06 July 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Correct that I've never been to ANGC.  Have seen Jack, Arnie, Lee, Chi Chi etc. in tournament rounds at various other events back in the day.  While it was nice to have done it a few times, I always looked forward to leaving early to beat traffic and watching the end on TV later.

Good! Better odds for us! North Texas and I actually sat next to each other last year during the par 3, unbeknownst to each other at the time.

I’m heading back this year for Friday’s round. Hope to see you again Tex!

Edited by mattw387, 07 July 2018 - 05:41 AM.

#83 PeanutsDaddy

PeanutsDaddy

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133046
GolfWRX Likes : 23029

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

I'm undoubtedly in the small minority of WRXers who will never enter the lottery, and have no interest in attending.

Better odds for those who wish to attend.  

Cobra King F7 9*
Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)
Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)
Wishon 775hs 3 - 5
Wishon 560 - 6 - 7
Wishon 575mmc 8 - PW
Mac Custom Grind GW + LW (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

#84 Skhacker

Skhacker

The Minimalist Golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356255
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 546

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

0 for 16

#85 Skifly150

Skifly150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189386
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

batting .000 here as well....... however I'm gonna keep swingin'!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors