Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Is Anyone Gaming A PING Sigma G Tyne H?


72 replies to this topic

#31 icecat88

icecat88

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 387654
  • Joined: 07/24/2015
  • Location:south point
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:walsdavdavi
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Is it me or does the shaft on the H look little different down toward the bend toward the hossel


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

View Posticecat88, on 03 October 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

Is it me or does the shaft on the H look little different down toward the bend toward the hossel

Not quite sure I understand what you're trying to say...it's just a straight shaft into a plumber's neck...correct?

2

#33 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1714

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:37 PM

If anyone wants a black nickel Tyne H in very good shape I'll add it to my ad. :)

Edited by nsxguy, 03 October 2018 - 09:13 PM.

Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Ping G20 5-P, DG S300

Titleist 816 AP-1 5-P+W2, DGS300
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58* SW & 64* LW

Scotty Select Newport 2 (today)

Titleist AVX

3

#34 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 923

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostDHarry, on 03 July 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has one of these in their arsenal or in their bag? This putters feels great and I am surprised that it does not get as much love as the the Spider Tours. I think the Tyne H feels just as good, has a great roll and feels a little more stable. I am debating pulling the trigger on one of these.

Harry

I have the double bend tyne and think it could be a contender for the best putter I’ve owned.  I’ve owned quite a number of incredible putters...
Ping G400 Max 9, Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade M3 3HL, Tensai Blue 7X
Callaway Apex 20, KK 8X
TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
Ping Tyne, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

4

#35 icecat88

icecat88

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 387654
  • Joined: 07/24/2015
  • Location:south point
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:walsdavdavi
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:21 AM

View PostKaTooM, on 03 October 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

View Posticecat88, on 03 October 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

Is it me or does the shaft on the H look little different down toward the bend toward the hossel

Not quite sure I understand what you're trying to say...it's just a straight shaft into a plumber's neck...correct?
no the plumber neck is the H model


5

#36 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:45 AM

View Posticecat88, on 04 October 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

View PostKaTooM, on 03 October 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

View Posticecat88, on 03 October 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

Is it me or does the shaft on the H look little different down toward the bend toward the hossel

Not quite sure I understand what you're trying to say...it's just a straight shaft into a plumber's neck...correct?
no the plumber neck is the H model

Aha! So that's why I was confused!

6

#37 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

No, but I'm about to be...

7

#38 Sean289

Sean289

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Location:London, England
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

This putter is proving bitter sweet for me. I hate admitting this but I have  gone through approximately 70 putters over the last 2 years. The Tyne H has been the best feeling one for me but I just cannot get used to the 370g headweight. I have to reluctantly switch to something else. It appears that there is a Tyne 4 with a flowneck coming in the Sigma 2 range. I am hoping that it will have a headweight of 360g or below but I am pessimist.
Driver: PING G400 Max
3 Wood: PING G30
5 Wood: PING G30
3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3
4-9: PING i
PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48º
GW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52º
LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60º
Putter: PING Sigma G Kinloch
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

8

#39 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

This putter is proving bitter sweet for me. I hate admitting this but I have  gone through approximately 70 putters over the last 2 years. The Tyne H has been the best feeling one for me but I just cannot get used to the 370g headweight. I have to reluctantly switch to something else. It appears that there is a Tyne 4 with a flowneck coming in the Sigma 2 range. I am hoping that it will have a headweight of 360g or below but I am pessimist.

Do you use a standard size grip?

I find all of the 360+ gram putters too heavy until I put a winn midsize pistol on them. That grip is 20g heavier than a standard Winn pistol. Makes a ton of difference. Try counter weighting your current grip...?

9

#40 Sean289

Sean289

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Location:London, England
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

View Postgetitdaily, on 08 October 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

This putter is proving bitter sweet for me. I hate admitting this but I have  gone through approximately 70 putters over the last 2 years. The Tyne H has been the best feeling one for me but I just cannot get used to the 370g headweight. I have to reluctantly switch to something else. It appears that there is a Tyne 4 with a flowneck coming in the Sigma 2 range. I am hoping that it will have a headweight of 360g or below but I am pessimist.

Do you use a standard size grip?

I find all of the 360+ gram putters too heavy until I put a winn midsize pistol on them. That grip is 20g heavier than a standard Winn pistol. Makes a ton of difference. Try counter weighting your current grip...?

I tried it with the stock PP60 pistol 50g, a standard Iomic 65g and the PING PP58 midsize 80g. It felt too heavy with alll of them.

Driver: PING G400 Max
3 Wood: PING G30
5 Wood: PING G30
3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3
4-9: PING i
PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48º
GW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52º
LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60º
Putter: PING Sigma G Kinloch
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

View Postgetitdaily, on 08 October 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

This putter is proving bitter sweet for me. I hate admitting this but I have  gone through approximately 70 putters over the last 2 years. The Tyne H has been the best feeling one for me but I just cannot get used to the 370g headweight. I have to reluctantly switch to something else. It appears that there is a Tyne 4 with a flowneck coming in the Sigma 2 range. I am hoping that it will have a headweight of 360g or below but I am pessimist.

Do you use a standard size grip?

I find all of the 360+ gram putters too heavy until I put a winn midsize pistol on them. That grip is 20g heavier than a standard Winn pistol. Makes a ton of difference. Try counter weighting your current grip...?

I tried it with the stock PP60 pistol 50g, a standard Iomic 65g and the PING PP58 midsize 80g. It felt too heavy with alll of them.

Well, if I didn't just buy 1 earlier today then I'd make you an offer...lol

11

#42 Sean289

Sean289

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Location:London, England
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

View Postgetitdaily, on 08 October 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

View Postgetitdaily, on 08 October 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

This putter is proving bitter sweet for me. I hate admitting this but I have  gone through approximately 70 putters over the last 2 years. The Tyne H has been the best feeling one for me but I just cannot get used to the 370g headweight. I have to reluctantly switch to something else. It appears that there is a Tyne 4 with a flowneck coming in the Sigma 2 range. I am hoping that it will have a headweight of 360g or below but I am pessimist.

Do you use a standard size grip?

I find all of the 360+ gram putters too heavy until I put a winn midsize pistol on them. That grip is 20g heavier than a standard Winn pistol. Makes a ton of difference. Try counter weighting your current grip...?

I tried it with the stock PP60 pistol 50g, a standard Iomic 65g and the PING PP58 midsize 80g. It felt too heavy with alll of them.

Well, if I didn't just buy 1 earlier today then I'd make you an offer...lol


Ha! No worries. Enjoy it. Itís the best rolling toe hang mallet out there right now IMHO.
Driver: PING G400 Max
3 Wood: PING G30
5 Wood: PING G30
3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3
4-9: PING i
PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48º
GW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52º
LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60º
Putter: PING Sigma G Kinloch
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

12

#43 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

View Postgetitdaily, on 08 October 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

View Postgetitdaily, on 08 October 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostSean289, on 08 October 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

This putter is proving bitter sweet for me. I hate admitting this but I have  gone through approximately 70 putters over the last 2 years. The Tyne H has been the best feeling one for me but I just cannot get used to the 370g headweight. I have to reluctantly switch to something else. It appears that there is a Tyne 4 with a flowneck coming in the Sigma 2 range. I am hoping that it will have a headweight of 360g or below but I am pessimist.

Do you use a standard size grip?

I find all of the 360+ gram putters too heavy until I put a winn midsize pistol on them. That grip is 20g heavier than a standard Winn pistol. Makes a ton of difference. Try counter weighting your current grip...?

I tried it with the stock PP60 pistol 50g, a standard Iomic 65g and the PING PP58 midsize 80g. It felt too heavy with alll of them.

Well, if I didn't just buy 1 earlier today then I'd make you an offer...lol


Ha! No worries. Enjoy it. Itís the best rolling toe hang mallet out there right now IMHO.

I hope so. All.i own are face balanced putters. Toyed around with a spider tour diamond and liked where the path was. But I like the Tyne shape more than the spider.

I tend to go outside to inside. Hoping the toe hang helps me get more inside to square to inside. I loved the way the face balanced tyne aligned. Best alignment putter I've ever owned.

Will.know soon

13

#44 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

Hmmm, initial putts toying around look really promising. Putter head is indeed coming more down the line to inside. Putting mine in play immediately tomorrow. Let's see how it does without any practice time...

14

#45 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

I just purchased a brand new one and it didn’t even go inside my golf bag. I was extremely disappointed that it didnt work for me. Looks amazing and rolls so pure but i never work well with plumbers necks. Time for BST

Ping G400 MAX 9.0 w/ GD GP 6TX
Mizuno MP18 FLI-HI 2iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Callaway X Forged 5-PW W/ Modus 130x
Callaway MD4 RAW 52/58/62 w/ DG TI X100
Bettinardi Queen Bee 8

15

#46 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostCharles.eichman, on 12 October 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

I just purchased a brand new one and it didnít even go inside my golf bag. I was extremely disappointed that it didnt work for me. Looks amazing and rolls so pure but i never work well with plumbers necks. Time for BST

It'll sell quickly. I've always preferred a plumber's neck. The stroke with this putter reminds me of my old scotty newport beach, but with better alignment, and more forgiveness.

16

#47 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:21 PM

Just ok today. Didn't have a chance to change the grip on the putter before playing so I played with the flatso that come on it...don't care for the grip. Like the putter tho.

17

#48 icecat88

icecat88

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 387654
  • Joined: 07/24/2015
  • Location:south point
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:walsdavdavi
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:47 PM

Tyne H here not a fan of the double bend G. Like the plumbers neck has odyssey v line fang ch but prefer the H over it

18

#49 agoodmanmbk

agoodmanmbk

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478200
  • Joined: 08/09/2017
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:15 PM

Just ordere a PING Tyne H 35" for $149.99 and hoping to get it by this weekend. Payed for expedited shipping and I play on Sunday

Edited by agoodmanmbk, 18 October 2018 - 02:17 PM.

In my OGIO Shredder stand bag:

Taylormade M2 Fujikura XLR8 Pro
Taylormade RBZ 3W Matrix Xcon 5
Taylormade RBZ 5W Matrix Xcon 5
PING i210 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56*/SS AWT 2.0
PING Vault 2.0 Stealth Voss
Taylormade TP5

19

#50 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just ordere a PING Tyne H 35" for $149.99 and hoping to get it by this weekend. Payed for expedited shipping and I play on Sunday

I think you're gonna like it!

IMO...the inserts on the Sigma G line of putters are the best sounding and feeling of all the newer inserts out in the market now. Granted, I havent tried them all but I've tried a bunch!

IMO the best insert of them all was the Terryilium insert on the SC Tei3 line of putters!

Edited by KaTooM, 18 October 2018 - 04:53 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 agoodmanmbk

agoodmanmbk

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478200
  • Joined: 08/09/2017
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just ordere a PING Tyne H 35" for $149.99 and hoping to get it by this weekend. Payed for expedited shipping and I play on Sunday

I think you're gonna like it!

IMO...the inserts on the Sigma G line of putters are the best sounding and feeling of all the newer inserts out in the market now. Granted, I havent tried them all but I've tried a bunch!

IMO the best insert of them all was the Terryilium insert on the SC Tei3 line of putters!

Wow that’s good to hear! I have the Vault 2.0 Voss but this Tyne H rolled great when I tested it. Trying to get something a litter more stable and to help with distance control. Hoping it fits the bill!
In my OGIO Shredder stand bag:

Taylormade M2 Fujikura XLR8 Pro
Taylormade RBZ 3W Matrix Xcon 5
Taylormade RBZ 5W Matrix Xcon 5
PING i210 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56*/SS AWT 2.0
PING Vault 2.0 Stealth Voss
Taylormade TP5

21

#52 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just ordere a PING Tyne H 35" for $149.99 and hoping to get it by this weekend. Payed for expedited shipping and I play on Sunday

I think you're gonna like it!

IMO...the inserts on the Sigma G line of putters are the best sounding and feeling of all the newer inserts out in the market now. Granted, I havent tried them all but I've tried a bunch!

IMO the best insert of them all was the Terryilium insert on the SC Tei3 line of putters!

Wow that’s good to hear! I have the Vault 2.0 Voss but this Tyne H rolled great when I tested it. Trying to get something a litter more stable and to help with distance control. Hoping it fits the bill!

Oh ok...yeah, I 'm assuming since you have Vault 2.0 you'll be very familiar with the sound/feel of the Sigma G insert.

22

#53 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just ordere a PING Tyne H 35" for $149.99 and hoping to get it by this weekend. Payed for expedited shipping and I play on Sunday

I think you're gonna like it!

IMO...the inserts on the Sigma G line of putters are the best sounding and feeling of all the newer inserts out in the market now. Granted, I havent tried them all but I've tried a bunch!

IMO the best insert of them all was the Terryilium insert on the SC Tei3 line of putters!

Wow thatís good to hear! I have the Vault 2.0 Voss but this Tyne H rolled great when I tested it. Trying to get something a litter more stable and to help with distance control. Hoping it fits the bill!

Oh ok...yeah, I 'm assuming since you have Vault 2.0 you'll be very familiar with the sound/feel of the Sigma G insert.

I've had a sigma g kushin and Tyne and now have a Tyne h. The Tyne h insert seems a touch firmer than the others.

23

#54 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1941

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

I know this maybe isn't the exact right place, but I've been looking for a tyne H in left hand. If anybody has one and is willing to make a deal PM me. Mods, you can remove this post if deemed inappropriate for this topic.
WITB
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SW - MD4 54/12W S200
LW MD4 58/12X S200 (Glide 2.0 & SM7 in test)
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Chrome Soft X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

24

#55 agoodmanmbk

agoodmanmbk

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478200
  • Joined: 08/09/2017
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:13 PM

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just ordere a PING Tyne H 35" for $149.99 and hoping to get it by this weekend. Payed for expedited shipping and I play on Sunday

I think you're gonna like it!

IMO...the inserts on the Sigma G line of putters are the best sounding and feeling of all the newer inserts out in the market now. Granted, I havent tried them all but I've tried a bunch!

IMO the best insert of them all was the Terryilium insert on the SC Tei3 line of putters!

Wow that’s good to hear! I have the Vault 2.0 Voss but this Tyne H rolled great when I tested it. Trying to get something a litter more stable and to help with distance control. Hoping it fits the bill!

Oh ok...yeah, I 'm assuming since you have Vault 2.0 you'll be very familiar with the sound/feel of the Sigma G insert.

I wasn’t using the TP5 that I usually play when testing the Tyne would you say that it should feel softer or about the same as the Vault 2.0?

In my OGIO Shredder stand bag:

Taylormade M2 Fujikura XLR8 Pro
Taylormade RBZ 3W Matrix Xcon 5
Taylormade RBZ 5W Matrix Xcon 5
PING i210 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56*/SS AWT 2.0
PING Vault 2.0 Stealth Voss
Taylormade TP5

25

#56 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostKaTooM, on 18 October 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

View Postagoodmanmbk, on 18 October 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just ordere a PING Tyne H 35" for $149.99 and hoping to get it by this weekend. Payed for expedited shipping and I play on Sunday

I think you're gonna like it!

IMO...the inserts on the Sigma G line of putters are the best sounding and feeling of all the newer inserts out in the market now. Granted, I havent tried them all but I've tried a bunch!

IMO the best insert of them all was the Terryilium insert on the SC Tei3 line of putters!

Wow that’s good to hear! I have the Vault 2.0 Voss but this Tyne H rolled great when I tested it. Trying to get something a litter more stable and to help with distance control. Hoping it fits the bill!

Oh ok...yeah, I 'm assuming since you have Vault 2.0 you'll be very familiar with the sound/feel of the Sigma G insert.

I wasn’t using the TP5 that I usually play when testing the Tyne would you say that it should feel softer or about the same as the Vault 2.0?

I'd say just a tad bit softer...it's still firm and positive IMO.

26

#57 icecat88

icecat88

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 387654
  • Joined: 07/24/2015
  • Location:south point
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:walsdavdavi
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

Curious for those gaming the H or G what length and grip are you guys using being a 370g head

27

#58 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 630

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:16 PM

View Posticecat88, on 20 October 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Curious for those gaming the H or G what length and grip are you guys using being a 370g head

33.5 and a winn dritac midsize pistol

28

#59 duffputter

duffputter

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44546
  • Joined: 12/27/2007
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:46 PM

I played the Tyne H (370g) @ 33" with a Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0. It was great feeling and balanced at the length and swing weight. I moved on from it but it was a great putter. I actually still have it and may list it on the BST.
Callaway Epic Subzero 9* Project X HZRDUS Handcrafted Yellow 6.0 76g
Cobra F7 3/4 13.5* Project X HZRDUS Red 62g S
Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5 19* Matrix Ozik Red Tie S
Titleist 716 CB 4-PW TT DG TI AMT X100
Titleist Vokey SM5 52*.10 F / 56*.08 S / 60*.04 L
Toulon Portland H3 custom 34"

29

#60 agoodmanmbk

agoodmanmbk

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478200
  • Joined: 08/09/2017
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

Just got off of the phone with PING checking on the status of my order still not arrived yet. but on another note they advised that they are no longer making the PING Tyne H Sigma G head anymore. You can only now get it second hand or if they were sent to an account of their's and hasnt sold yet. :fie:

In my OGIO Shredder stand bag:

Taylormade M2 Fujikura XLR8 Pro
Taylormade RBZ 3W Matrix Xcon 5
Taylormade RBZ 5W Matrix Xcon 5
PING i210 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56*/SS AWT 2.0
PING Vault 2.0 Stealth Voss
Taylormade TP5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors