Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Where do you enter contests? Won anything?


45 replies to this topic

#1 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

Where do you guys usually enter contests?  Is there a central thread or site that keeps them easy to enter?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Medic

Medic

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Joined: 07/08/2011
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:9.1
GolfWRX Likes : 8003

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

Believe it or not this is the only place I have entered contest. And in 2016 I won - got to meet the fine folks that run this place and travel up to Detroit. The Gear Trials was a life highlight to be sure. Amazing people. Amazing experience. And nothing but golf!
Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

2

#3 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

View PostMedic, on 03 July 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Believe it or not this is the only place I have entered contest. And in 2016 I won - got to meet the fine folks that run this place and travel up to Detroit. The Gear Trials was a life highlight to be sure. Amazing people. Amazing experience. And nothing but golf!

Nice!  That sounds like a blast

3

#4 Medic

Medic

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Joined: 07/08/2011
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:9.1
GolfWRX Likes : 8003

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

View PostBB28403, on 03 July 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

View PostMedic, on 03 July 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Believe it or not this is the only place I have entered contest. And in 2016 I won - got to meet the fine folks that run this place and travel up to Detroit. The Gear Trials was a life highlight to be sure. Amazing people. Amazing experience. And nothing but golf!

Nice!  That sounds like a blast

Hard to even describe. The GolfWrx guys hit us with so much swag it was overwhelming. A private room at the Ford Hotel - just a wonderful stay in a little slice of automotive history. Incredible meals. And every driver imaginable with perfect fittings to insure great results. Made some great new friends. And just had an absolute blast. From beginning to end.
Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Apex CF16 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Slate 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Odyssey Versa 9 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

4

#5 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 503

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

I literally have never won a thing my entire life in a Random Raffle of any real value and then this fall I won a Precision Pro NX7 Pro Range Finder here on Golf WRX

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges  Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

5

#6 TheBIIgCat

TheBIIgCat

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246615
  • Joined: 04/22/2013
  • Location:SC
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 323

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

I won a cobra hybrid also. I never enter things unless it is here
Driver- Ping GMax with 70 gram Tensei Pro Orange<br />3-Wood- 13.5 910 FD with Kuro Kage Xt 70 <br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 3-PW ) Srixon 945,745,545 raw heads with OTi 105x shafts-Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 TVD Vokey ( Steelfibers )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

6

#7 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,647 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7877

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:41 PM

I won four dozen Snell balls in their giveaway.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

7

#8 kdog25

kdog25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85277
  • Joined: 06/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 610

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

I enetered the Masters contest the year Danny Willett won. I had the most points. I got nothing. Not even a hamburger. Or a milkshake.

8

#9 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 2048

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names
Your current ID shows you've been here since 5/24/18. How could you claim the same members here win contests here over and over? What was your previous WRX name? For somebody that "only" joined here 7 or so weeks back you seem to act like you know plenty about WRX. Care to provide examples of what you claim?

9

#10 squishyy

squishyy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95354
  • Joined: 09/27/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 277

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

View Postgrm24, on 07 July 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names
Your current ID shows you've been here since 5/24/18. How could you claim the same members here win contests here over and over? What was your previous WRX name? For somebody that "only" joined here 7 or so weeks back you seem to act like you know plenty about WRX. Care to provide examples of what you claim?

Hey! Heís just secretly trying to get his post count up to access the BST. Shhh*

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Kuro Kage TiNi 60
Taylormade M2 15* // Graphite Design AD GP 7s
Cobra F6+ 17.5* // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52* // Nippon WV 125
Titleist Vokey SM 58* // Nippon WV 125
Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 JBirdUt

JBirdUt

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180076
  • Joined: 05/09/2012
  • Ebay ID:J.r.1968
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

Won an adidas golf shirt from World Golf tour, an online golf game. Nothing big but still smile when I wear it.

11

#12 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostJBirdUt, on 07 July 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

Won an adidas golf shirt from World Golf tour, an online golf game. Nothing big but still smile when I wear it.

Gotta love that SOYG

Stuff Only You Get

Lol

12

#13 dcfball88

dcfball88

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436716
  • Joined: 08/15/2016
  • Location:DC
  • Ebay ID:maconlax31
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

View Postgrm24, on 07 July 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names
Your current ID shows you've been here since 5/24/18. How could you claim the same members here win contests here over and over? What was your previous WRX name? For somebody that "only" joined here 7 or so weeks back you seem to act like you know plenty about WRX. Care to provide examples of what you claim?

I would like to know more about this.

13

#14 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

    Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
  • Joined: 08/04/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 3901

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

I won a Callaway range finder here a few years back. Still using it!

14

#15 jreid19

jreid19

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496112
  • Joined: 03/13/2018
  • Location:South Buffalo
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:22 AM

I won one of the Titleist DFT US Open hats on here a few weeks back

Edited by jreid19, 08 July 2018 - 12:22 AM.


15

#16 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 671

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

About 2 months ago carlsgolfland.com emailed me that I had won a $150 gift card there.  That was cool!
Sun Mountain Three.5
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo
Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Studio Select Newport '08
Srixon Q Star Tour

16

#17 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 08 July 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

About 2 months ago carlsgolfland.com emailed me that I had won a $150 gift card there.  That was cool!

How did you enter that?  That’s really cool!

17

#18 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 2048

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 08 July 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 07 July 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names
Your current ID shows you've been here since 5/24/18. How could you claim the same members here win contests here over and over? What was your previous WRX name? For somebody that "only" joined here 7 or so weeks back you seem to act like you know plenty about WRX. Care to provide examples of what you claim?
This is about the 3rd or 4th time you've come at me with the same comment and accusations. You do know you are able to read topics as a guest/visitor without actually being registered right? Is it wrong for me to read over various topics and notice things like that? Jeez, come to think of it I have seen your screen name on a scathing retort a time or two as well. You just like to instigate don't you? If you don't like a comment I made then just write it off, I don't know why you feel you need to play witch Hunter. Get off my back, I don't give free rides
It's real simple. Provide proof that shows the same people winning WRX contests all the time as you've claimed. You made the claim now prove it.

Edited by grm24, 08 July 2018 - 09:38 PM.


18

#19 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 2048

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 08 July 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 08 July 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 08 July 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 07 July 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names
Your current ID shows you've been here since 5/24/18. How could you claim the same members here win contests here over and over? What was your previous WRX name? For somebody that "only" joined here 7 or so weeks back you seem to act like you know plenty about WRX. Care to provide examples of what you claim?
This is about the 3rd or 4th time you've come at me with the same comment and accusations. You do know you are able to read topics as a guest/visitor without actually being registered right? Is it wrong for me to read over various topics and notice things like that? Jeez, come to think of it I have seen your screen name on a scathing retort a time or two as well. You just like to instigate don't you? If you don't like a comment I made then just write it off, I don't know why you feel you need to play witch Hunter. Get off my back, I don't give free rides
It's real simple. Provide proof about that shows the same people winning WRX contests all the time as you've claimed. You made the claim now prove it.

Lol gtf out of here, are you kidding me? I don't need to do anything for you! If want to do the leg work go ahead. I'm sorry this topic had hit home so hard for you.
Why would I do work for something YOU claimed? Are you really that dense? You accuse WRX of holding contests with the same people winning all the time. You're asked to prove it and unsurprisingly you refuse to do so. Typical troll behavior. Keep making yourself look worse with each successive post.

Edited by grm24, 08 July 2018 - 09:53 PM.


19

#20 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 2048

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:36 PM

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 08 July 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

"ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names"

Well I didn't realize you couldnt read so here you go. My exact post.
Never accused wrx of any wrong doing, I said I see familiar names that lead me to believe multiple wins.

Semantics.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 671

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:37 PM

View PostBB28403, on 08 July 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

View Postbrew4eagle, on 08 July 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

About 2 months ago carlsgolfland.com emailed me that I had won a $150 gift card there.  That was cool!

How did you enter that?  Thatís really cool!
Don't know, probably when I bought something from there online
Sun Mountain Three.5
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo
Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Studio Select Newport '08
Srixon Q Star Tour

21

#22 blink3665

blink3665

    #TwistFaceExperience

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
  • Joined: 07/02/2011
  • Location:Seattle
GolfWRX Likes : 1933

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:22 AM

I have entered a bunch of contests.  I'm signed up for 50 bazillion websites that get sent to a junk mail address.  Then they send me more contests to enter so more places can send me junk mail.  Ive never won anything of those, but I keep entering.

Then there was this one time I won that trip to The Kingdom...  #TwistFaceExperince. 😉
Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
Cleveland RTX4 49/54* mid, 58* xlow  -0.75" - 2* flat
TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt
WITB Link

22

#23 Rapatt95

Rapatt95

    wow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406840
  • Joined: 12/27/2015
  • Location:Pa
  • Handicap:lol
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:43 AM

I never win anything in my life, but I’ll never forget logging on here and checking my messages, learning I won the Hogan irons in my signature.

I had to read the message probably 100 times before replying just trying to make sure it was legit. Haven’t won anything before or since, but when talking on the phone with my mom after I found out I won, she said to enjoy it, because stuff like that happens maybe two or three times in life. Anyway, enter the contests in here, actual people actually win, to that I can attest
Callaway XR16 9* Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Cobra T-Rail 19* 3H Aldila Tour Green ATX75x
Ben Hogan PTx 22*-46* C-Taper Lite 115x (Thank you GolfWRX and Ben Hogan!)
Vokey SM5 50* 58* DG Wedge
Ping iWi Anser

23

#24 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,647 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7877

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:55 AM

View Postblink3665, on 09 July 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

I have entered a bunch of contests.  I'm signed up for 50 bazillion websites that get sent to a junk mail address.  Then they send me more contests to enter so more places can send me junk mail.  Ive never won anything of those, but I keep entering.

Then there was this one time I won that trip to The Kingdom...  #TwistFaceExperince. 😉

Wasn't there a winner of this trip that didn't see the congratulatory email soon enough, didn't respond, and then someone else got chosen?

Man, that would be a kick in the balls.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

24

#25 Rapatt95

Rapatt95

    wow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406840
  • Joined: 12/27/2015
  • Location:Pa
  • Handicap:lol
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 09 July 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

View Postblink3665, on 09 July 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

I have entered a bunch of contests.  I'm signed up for 50 bazillion websites that get sent to a junk mail address.  Then they send me more contests to enter so more places can send me junk mail.  Ive never won anything of those, but I keep entering.

Then there was this one time I won that trip to The Kingdom...  #TwistFaceExperince. &#4322825;

Wasn't there a winner of this trip that didn't see the congratulatory email soon enough, didn't respond, and then someone else got chosen?

Man, that would be a kick in the balls.
Hopefully the shoe doing the kicking had twistface

Callaway XR16 9* Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Cobra T-Rail 19* 3H Aldila Tour Green ATX75x
Ben Hogan PTx 22*-46* C-Taper Lite 115x (Thank you GolfWRX and Ben Hogan!)
Vokey SM5 50* 58* DG Wedge
Ping iWi Anser

25

#26 radiman

radiman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Joined: 05/30/2008
  • Location:Moorhead, MN
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 910

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names

There's giveaways and then there is reviews. You probably notice familiar names when it comes to reviews. I don't think those are random unless specified. I think they want members who have a track record of providing solid feedback and community interaction doing the reviews. For example, there seems to be a select group that review the new True Temper shafts. Same group of guys, but they do a good job providing feedback and launch data.
Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD TP 6X
Srixon F65 15 Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

26

#27 jholz

jholz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151611
  • Joined: 12/19/2011
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 393

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

I enter the giveaways and volunteer for gear trials etc. if they are giving away something that I might actually use. I also tend to avoid the contests that ask you to do anything more than post in the thread. In other words, I don't put my name in for all of them.

Like the OP, I do get the sense that for some giveaways, and particularly the gear trials, that the WRX folks do curate the winners a bit. But, having seen some of the ridiculous problems/controversies that emerged around some of the giveaways - particularly the Callaway trips - I think they have a reason to be cautious.

That being said, I did win a new driver from a giveaway this spring, and it was pretty sweet.
Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

27

#28 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 376

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

I won a GolfWRX umbrella a few years back.. it must be a curse as I never won anything again. :swoon:

There was another giveaway True Temper did a few years back for a set of Starwars themed wedge shafts. I got selected but the email came to me while I was on vacation and I didn't see it until a couple of months later while cleaning out my indox. Emailed them back asking if it's too late and the lady said "no, I have them right here".  That was so nice of them!
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

28

#29 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 376

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

View Postradiman, on 09 July 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names

There's giveaways and then there is reviews. You probably notice familiar names when it comes to reviews. I don't think those are random unless specified. I think they want members who have a track record of providing solid feedback and community interaction doing the reviews. For example, there seems to be a select group that review the new True Temper shafts. Same group of guys, but they do a good job providing feedback and launch data.

True Temper does have a set group of reviewer (myself included) so you would see the same user names in those threads many many times.

GolfWRX also have a lot of other giveaway type of reviews where people are randomly chosen each time, for things like clubs, shafts, range finders, balls, shoes and training gears. I have no idea if the winners have won multiples. With the number of giveaways, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some winners did win multiple times. All I know is that it wasn't me. LOL But it's all good.
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

29

#30 radiman

radiman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Joined: 05/30/2008
  • Location:Moorhead, MN
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 910

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

View Postmister2cool, on 09 July 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

View Postradiman, on 09 July 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

View PostAjax2017Dj2004, on 06 July 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

ive seen the giveaway winners and i feel like it's the same members over and over again. given I've only put in for handful myself, but if you look back at past giveaways i see a lot of familiar names

There's giveaways and then there is reviews. You probably notice familiar names when it comes to reviews. I don't think those are random unless specified. I think they want members who have a track record of providing solid feedback and community interaction doing the reviews. For example, there seems to be a select group that review the new True Temper shafts. Same group of guys, but they do a good job providing feedback and launch data.

True Temper does have a set group of reviewer (myself included) so you would see the same user names in those threads many many times.

GolfWRX also have a lot of other giveaway type of reviews where people are randomly chosen each time, for things like clubs, shafts, range finders, balls, shoes and training gears. I have no idea if the winners have won multiples. With the number of giveaways, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some winners did win multiple times. All I know is that it wasn't me. LOL But it's all good.

Oh I get it.  There are a ton of giveaways.  Over the past 10 years, I have won 2 clubs from Q&A giveaways, a set of colored golf gloves, and got the chance to review the MCC +4 Align grips last year.  I consider myself fortunate.  I would love to get the chance to do some more in depth reviews.  But, I realize my limitations.  I don't have access to a LM like many others which really limits the kind of content I can contribute.  Combine that with a 5-6 month golf season and it makes it hard to really get good info to the community.  

At the end of the day, there are a ridiculous amount of freebie opportunities on this site.  Just glancing at the first page of the Tour and Pre-Release sub forum you will typically see 2 or 3 giveaways active.  Even the amount of free trips that have been given away have been pretty impressive.  Love this site for the content.  The giveaways are just an added bonus!

Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD TP 6X
Srixon F65 15 Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors