Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ugliest Scotty


35 replies to this topic

#1 Twism86

Twism86

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

Finally found a Scotty Cameron putter for sale near me with a decent price, however it is hideous and I cant ever see myself putting with this thing. My apologies to anyone who likes this style......

https://cnj.craigsli...6617822928.html

https://www.scottyca...wport-2-detour/

Looks like they only make it for two years, so it must not have been too popular.

On a side note, how is it hunting for lets say < $100 Scottys? The Newports growing on me, I would love to have one but I love bargains and getting something way below value. It seems like most people know what they have.

Edited by Twism86, 02 July 2018 - 01:37 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Rory4Pres

Rory4Pres

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363997
  • Joined: 02/25/2015
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Handicap:high
GolfWRX Likes : 371

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

Seems like a perfect reason to buy a Scotty you don't like to me.

2

#3 Rory4Pres

Rory4Pres

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363997
  • Joined: 02/25/2015
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Handicap:high
GolfWRX Likes : 371

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

Why not just buy an average/poor conditioned scotty of a model you want off ebay?  Condition will lower the price, then at least you like what you are getting and condition shouldn't effect how it rolls.

3

#4 Twism86

Twism86

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

View PostRory4Pres, on 02 July 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Why not just buy an average/poor conditioned scotty of a model you want off ebay?  Condition will lower the price, then at least you like what you are getting and condition shouldn't effect how it rolls.
Looking right now.....

4

#5 harmoor72

harmoor72

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385876
  • Joined: 07/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:harmoor725
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

I have seen these Detour's with the funky centerpiece removed and a copper insert made for them so they end up  looking like a Buttonback. May be worth a try if you could get the Detour cheap enough.

Driver: Ping K15 10.5*
Wood: Callaway FT-i Squareway 18*
Hybrids: Ping K15 4H/23* 5H/27*
Irons: Cobra King F7 One-Length 5-SW
Wedge: Cobra King One-Length 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Squareback No.1

5

#6 Spooky67

Spooky67

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134659
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 779

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:21 PM

The Detour is quite “unique” looking. The Futura line has its detractors too, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

6

#7 Baitkiller

Baitkiller

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359765
  • Joined: 01/27/2015
  • Location:SW Fl.
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

I dunno, I have bought 2 scotties and 1 Betti from the used rack at PGASS for a bit more and bit less than $100 condition depending. None are that ugly. My sons Cali looks like he frames houses with it but thats his fault.
Turn over damnit!
Krank 9*  Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

7

#8 dbdors

dbdors

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139771
  • Joined: 09/23/2011
  • Location:Houston, Clear Lake area
  • Ebay ID:dbdors
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:44 PM

Spry Evo makes a nice looking insert for the Detour.  I've bought TM inserts from him.  This might be a nice project.  Remove the OEM insert, send it to BOS for polish and black oxide finish, black or white paint fill and then install the copper insert and black elastomer.  Could be sweet.
https://www.spryevo....cameron-detour/

Edited by dbdors, 02 July 2018 - 10:11 PM.


Woods: Ping G30 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60 Tour S, 3W (set to 15.5), Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Hybrids: Ping G30 3H, 4H, Aldila Rogue Black 85 Hybrid stiff
Irons: TM 2017 M2, 5-PW, KBS Tour 105 stiff
Wedges: Mizuno T7 Blue Ion, 50.07, 54.12, 58.12, KBS 610 Wedge, Stiff
Putters: Piretti Bosa Black Oxide, SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft/Srixon Zstar, Titleist AVX all in yellow
Bag/Cart: Ping Hoofer Stand Bag (coming soon)/Clicgear 3.5+
Accesories: Garmin G8/Bushnell Tour V4

8

#9 Twism86

Twism86

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:41 AM

View Postdbdors, on 02 July 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

Spry Evo makes a nice looking insert for the Detour.  I've bought TM inserts from him.  This might be a nice project.  Remove the OEM insert, send it to BOS for polish and black oxide finish, black or white paint fill and then install the copper insert and black elastomer.  Could be sweet.
https://www.spryevo....cameron-detour/

I can across those but at over $100 they are a bit pricey. If I was determined to own a Scotty I could go this route with that craigslist one I found but if Im investing $200 I might as well put that towards one I would really want instead of a compromise.

9

#10 Ghostwedge

Ghostwedge

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433482
  • Joined: 07/20/2016
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostBaitkiller, on 02 July 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

I dunno, I have bought 2 scotties and 1 Betti from the used rack at PGASS for a bit more and bit less than $100 condition depending. None are that ugly. My sons Cali looks like he frames houses with it but thats his fault.
" looks like he frames houses with it " that is a great visual.
Well done... lol.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 AKHx03

AKHx03

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467342
  • Joined: 05/12/2017
  • Location:San Antonio
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:Punchy50
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

View Postharmoor72, on 02 July 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

I have seen these Detour's with the funky centerpiece removed and a copper insert made for them so they end up  looking like a Buttonback. May be worth a try if you could get the Detour cheap enough.

I’ve seen these too and they actually look really good with the conversion.
2016 TaylorMade M1 9.5° HZRDOUS Black 6.5
Bridgestone J33 3W 15° Purple Ice 75FX
Titleist 716 T-MB 3i Tour Issue X100
Titleist 716 T-MB 4i Tour Issue X100
JPX 900 Tour (5-PW) DG X100
Vokey SM6 50° Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 54° Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 58° Steel Gray
Evnroll ER2 34” 355g

Just in case:
2017 TaylorMade M2 10.5° HZRDOUS Black 6.5
Ping TiSi Tec 3W 14°
SC Studio Stainless Newport 2 34”
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34”

11

#12 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1162

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostTwism86, on 03 July 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

View Postdbdors, on 02 July 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

Spry Evo makes a nice looking insert for the Detour.  I've bought TM inserts from him.  This might be a nice project.  Remove the OEM insert, send it to BOS for polish and black oxide finish, black or white paint fill and then install the copper insert and black elastomer.  Could be sweet.
https://www.spryevo....cameron-detour/

I can across those but at over $100 they are a bit pricey. If I was determined to own a Scotty I could go this route with that craigslist one I found but if Im investing $200 I might as well put that towards one I would really want instead of a compromise.

In fairness, it sounds like your only two criteria at the moment are:
1) Putter must say Scotty Cameron
2) Sale price needs to be $100 or less

Why not figure out what you want (headshape, weight, lie angle, etc.) then use that information to dictate your search?

Provided you find someone locally to beadblast the head (after you DIY the disassembly and smooth out the dings with sandpaper, then put it back together at the end), you're basically getting a mint Newport 2 Buttonback for ~$250.  While a bit above your pricepoint, IMO that is a value you just won't find anywhere else.  Really not much material, elbow grease, and technical knowledge required for a job like this, and there's plenty of old threads around here concerning this exact mod.

If you're committed to getting deals, you have to be willing to put in a little extra effort... :derisive:
Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

12

#13 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4864

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

makes for a great door stop.
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

13

#14 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1162

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

Here's a pretty good walkthrough of the process:

www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1561758-my-detour-2-refinish-a-diy-buttonback/

OP actually fabbed his own insert from bar stock... thankfully you can get the pre-sized insert from Spry, however for those intrepid DIY'ers out there, there's always the hard way!

P.S. in searching for this thread I found that these putters - there's an NP 2 and an NP 2.5 shown in the thread - were sold on BST (by the refinisher, Cardoza) about 6 months ago.

Edited by smeech8000, 03 July 2018 - 02:55 PM.

Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

14

#15 Twism86

Twism86

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

View Postsmeech8000, on 03 July 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostTwism86, on 03 July 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

View Postdbdors, on 02 July 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

Spry Evo makes a nice looking insert for the Detour.  I've bought TM inserts from him.  This might be a nice project.  Remove the OEM insert, send it to BOS for polish and black oxide finish, black or white paint fill and then install the copper insert and black elastomer.  Could be sweet.
https://www.spryevo....cameron-detour/

I can across those but at over $100 they are a bit pricey. If I was determined to own a Scotty I could go this route with that craigslist one I found but if Im investing $200 I might as well put that towards one I would really want instead of a compromise.

In fairness, it sounds like your only two criteria at the moment are:
1) Putter must say Scotty Cameron
2) Sale price needs to be $100 or less

Why not figure out what you want (headshape, weight, lie angle, etc.) then use that information to dictate your search?

Provided you find someone locally to beadblast the head (after you DIY the disassembly and smooth out the dings with sandpaper, then put it back together at the end), you're basically getting a mint Newport 2 Buttonback for ~$250.  While a bit above your pricepoint, IMO that is a value you just won't find anywhere else.  Really not much material, elbow grease, and technical knowledge required for a job like this, and there's plenty of old threads around here concerning this exact mod.

If you're committed to getting deals, you have to be willing to put in a little extra effort... :derisive:

Im really just looking for almost any of the Newports for a good deal, preferably one with an insert and not just a pure milled face. However, I wont turn down a milled Newport!


15

#16 rgiff096

rgiff096

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500406
  • Joined: 04/28/2018
  • Location:Fort Wayne, IN
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

The detour is hideous.

16

#17 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1162

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:26 AM

View Postrgiff096, on 04 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

The detour is hideous.

Posted Image
Posted Image



Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

17

#18 Skhacker

Skhacker

    The Minimalist Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356255
  • Joined: 01/03/2015
  • Location:Saskatchewan
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 452

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

View Postrgiff096, on 04 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

The detour is hideous.
Depends how you look at it
IMG_1530811947.036730.jpg IMG_1530811956.379752.jpg

18

#19 Twism86

Twism86

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500570
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

That copper insert is not bad. Now if I was able to add an alignment line after doing that, It would be really nice!

19

#20 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1162

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostTwism86, on 05 July 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

That copper insert is not bad. Now if I was able to add an alignment line after doing that, It would be really nice!

Masking tape + nail polish = cheap alignment line

Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 dbdors

dbdors

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139771
  • Joined: 09/23/2011
  • Location:Houston, Clear Lake area
  • Ebay ID:dbdors
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

 Skhacker, on 05 July 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

 rgiff096, on 04 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

The detour is hideous.
Depends how you look at it
IMG_1530811947.036730.jpg IMG_1530811956.379752.jpg
did you do the black oxide yourself or was it sent to someone?  Looks good.

Woods: Ping G30 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60 Tour S, 3W (set to 15.5), Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Hybrids: Ping G30 3H, 4H, Aldila Rogue Black 85 Hybrid stiff
Irons: TM 2017 M2, 5-PW, KBS Tour 105 stiff
Wedges: Mizuno T7 Blue Ion, 50.07, 54.12, 58.12, KBS 610 Wedge, Stiff
Putters: Piretti Bosa Black Oxide, SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft/Srixon Zstar, Titleist AVX all in yellow
Bag/Cart: Ping Hoofer Stand Bag (coming soon)/Clicgear 3.5+
Accesories: Garmin G8/Bushnell Tour V4

21

#22 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1162

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

 dbdors, on 06 July 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

 Skhacker, on 05 July 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

 rgiff096, on 04 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

The detour is hideous.
Depends how you look at it
IMG_1530811947.036730.jpg IMG_1530811956.379752.jpg
did you do the black oxide yourself or was it sent to someone?  Looks good.

I agree - most likely a DIY Caswell's (stainless blackener).
Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

22

#23 dbdors

dbdors

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139771
  • Joined: 09/23/2011
  • Location:Houston, Clear Lake area
  • Ebay ID:dbdors
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

 smeech8000, on 06 July 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

I agree - most likely a DIY Caswell's (stainless blackener).
Yes, looks like Caswell's which is why I asked.

Edited by dbdors, 06 July 2018 - 11:11 AM.


Woods: Ping G30 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 60 Tour S, 3W (set to 15.5), Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Hybrids: Ping G30 3H, 4H, Aldila Rogue Black 85 Hybrid stiff
Irons: TM 2017 M2, 5-PW, KBS Tour 105 stiff
Wedges: Mizuno T7 Blue Ion, 50.07, 54.12, 58.12, KBS 610 Wedge, Stiff
Putters: Piretti Bosa Black Oxide, SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft/Srixon Zstar, Titleist AVX all in yellow
Bag/Cart: Ping Hoofer Stand Bag (coming soon)/Clicgear 3.5+
Accesories: Garmin G8/Bushnell Tour V4

23

#24 tocino

tocino

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150197
  • Joined: 12/06/2011
  • Location:Bay Area, California
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

I actually don't mind how the detour np2 looks. The futura on the other hand.... lol however i would like to state that i'd use a brick attached to a broom handle if it would guarantee i'd make 90% of my shots from 15 ft and in. Looks are always a plus but you can't argue with results

24

#25 Skhacker

Skhacker

    The Minimalist Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356255
  • Joined: 01/03/2015
  • Location:Saskatchewan
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 452

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

Yes it's Caswells for stainless.


25

#26 Ghostwedge

Ghostwedge

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433482
  • Joined: 07/20/2016
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:36 PM

 smeech8000, on 05 July 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

 rgiff096, on 04 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

The detour is hideous.

Posted Image
Posted Image



i have come across the Detour for cheap over the years and always passed. I wonʻt the next one after seeing these customs. Sharp looking and well done. That video of The Heavy is nasty.... doesnʻt get any better than some rock/soul/funk. Good stuff.

26

#27 FlyOver

FlyOver

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494204
  • Joined: 02/20/2018
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

 rgiff096, on 04 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

The detour is hideous.

I bought this detour for $88 and had it shipped to PJ Putters in the UK to have refinished and an copper insert made.  He does as good or better job than BOS and I have had several putters refinished at BOS.
www.theputterroom.com

Attached Thumbnails

  • 47E85C54-DCC9-4804-A2B6-EF5C250BD824.jpeg
  • 89362FF2-D5CE-4B3E-9875-6B19846C4EDB.jpeg
  • 5C8B9033-093B-4C4A-93DD-06F6F4569CE2.jpeg

Edited by FlyOver, 06 July 2018 - 07:49 PM.

Ping G400 LST 8.5 degrees-Even Flow Black 6.0 65 grams shaft
Callaway Epic Sub Sero 15 degrees-Aldila Rogue Max stiff flex
Titliest 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
Mizuno FliHi 5-6 irons-Nippon Modus 105
Mizuno  MMC 7-PW-Nippon Morus 105
Titliest Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
Titliest Vokey 58* K Grind
Titliest Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec 34 inch 340 gram putter

27

#28 Ghostwedge

Ghostwedge

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433482
  • Joined: 07/20/2016
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

Flyiver@ that is a sweet custom.
We have a new leader in the clubhouse....

28

#29 FlyOver

FlyOver

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494204
  • Joined: 02/20/2018
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:26 AM

 Ghostwedge, on 07 July 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

Flyiver@ that is a sweet custom.
We have a new leader in the clubhouse....

If the Detour is modified right, it can resemble the Scotty 10th Anniversary Terrylium putter (pic below) that fetches over $1,250 on EBay.  Both were released the same year and the only difference I see is the little notch by the topline hosel.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 584BBEE3-4C95-4E67-97F0-126ABABEED12.jpeg
  • 3D667EF3-ADAD-43CD-9973-CEA3D0218C6D.jpeg

Edited by FlyOver, 11 July 2018 - 01:15 AM.

Ping G400 LST 8.5 degrees-Even Flow Black 6.0 65 grams shaft
Callaway Epic Sub Sero 15 degrees-Aldila Rogue Max stiff flex
Titliest 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
Mizuno FliHi 5-6 irons-Nippon Modus 105
Mizuno  MMC 7-PW-Nippon Morus 105
Titliest Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
Titliest Vokey 58* K Grind
Titliest Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec 34 inch 340 gram putter

29

#30 bigcountry1219

bigcountry1219

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499516
  • Joined: 04/18/2018
  • Ebay ID:flyhightix
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

The Futuras are by far the ugliest. Not sure why anyone likes those things.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors