Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

US Kids Recap

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leezer99

leezer99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 847

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

Our home course once again proved to be one of the most difficult to score well on this past weekend.  There were a total of 107 players that shot a combined 1,579 over par.  Of the combined 1,278 holes played there were 46 birdies or better and 29 holes with a score of 10. Average winning score was 3.8 over par.

** US Kids played the course as a par 72 but it's actually a par 71. Hole 10 was played as a par 5 on the card but it's really a long par 4 uphill.  Of the 92 kids that played the 10th hole there were three 4's and two of those were from Girls 7U.

Quick and dirty stats below:

Posted Image

Best I can tell, there were 7 kids that call this course home that shot a combined 74 over (one girl shot -1 and one boy shot +32). Two of the seven won their flights.

I feel bad because these scores will drive kids away from playing our course in US Kids competitions but it has been in rotation for almost two years now (5 seasons).  The course is short (5,800 from the tips) but is very tight with laterals, barrancas that eat balls, small greens and lots of slope to consider on steep uphill / downhill holes. We call #10 Cardiac Hill because two guys have died walking up that hill.

I played the course in the morning before the tournament and told my buddy there wouldn't be more than 3 scores at even or better (nailed it!).

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors