Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Do golf ball graphics make a difference to you?


34 replies to this topic

#31 slide13

slide13

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106478
  • Joined: 04/17/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:19 PM

Yes.   Graphical, typography, etc are all things I notice and influence how I feel using something.  Which can have a real world effect on performance. It’s all in my head, but much of golf is a head game anyway.

I like Titleist Pro V1.  Titleist has my favorite logo in golf, just clean and classic.  But they’re pricey so I’ve been looking at the more affordable options.  My problem is I think that Snell is probably a better ball, but Vice has nicer logo to my eye.  Silly but it’s a factor.

I will say I tried the TaylorMade Project (a) and it’s a nice ball!  Have had two free sleeves from scramble events I’ve played in.  While I really don’t like TaylorMade for some undeserved reason, I was okay playing that ball.  Great feel off the putter and a clean enough look.  They’re not quite cheap enough to make me buy them over Pro V but it’s a ball I can happily play. If they were down to $28 or so I’d probably play them.

Minimal: TEE EX10 Beta 13 / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Full: Titleist 913 D3 / 909F 15 / 909H 19 / Bridgestone J40 DPCs 4-PW / Vokey 52&56 / Piretti 60 / Piretti Bosa / Jones Utility

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:13 PM

View Postslide13, on 08 July 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Yes.   Graphical, typography, etc are all things I notice and influence how I feel using something.  Which can have a real world effect on performance. It’s all in my head, but much of golf is a head game anyway.

I like Titleist Pro V1.  Titleist has my favorite logo in golf, just clean and classic.  But they’re pricey so I’ve been looking at the more affordable options.  My problem is I think that Snell is probably a better ball, but Vice has nicer logo to my eye.  Silly but it’s a factor.

I will say I tried the TaylorMade Project (a) and it’s a nice ball!  Have had two free sleeves from scramble events I’ve played in.  While I really don’t like TaylorMade for some undeserved reason, I was okay playing that ball.  Great feel off the putter and a clean enough look.  They’re not quite cheap enough to make me buy them over Pro V but it’s a ball I can happily play. If they were down to $28 or so I’d probably play them.
  You can get last years version for $28 or less.  I think on Thursday’s the Dicks or GG flash sale has them 2 for $50.

Basically 2 dozen for the price of 1 dozen ProV1s
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

2

#33 Hit 'Em Straight

Hit 'Em Straight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480284
  • Joined: 08/27/2017
  • Location:South Jersey (Philly Burbs)
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 939

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

View PostCarl Spackler3, on 07 July 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

My logos are too heavy on one side , they seem to cause a nasty slice

I had the same issue.  But saved them for tee shots on scrambles and keep the logo facing the pin.  Automatic lasers at the hole.

Kidding aside, graphics make no difference to me.

3

#34 slide13

slide13

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106478
  • Joined: 04/17/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

View PostBreak81, on 08 July 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

You can get last years version for $28 or less.  I think on Thursday’s the Dicks or GG flash sale has them 2 for $50.

Basically 2 dozen for the price of 1 dozen ProV1s

Thanks, good tip, didn’t know that and will definitely check that out.  At that price I think it’s a great ball.

Tonight I just ordered 5 dozen Vice Pros though.  Haven’t tried one so sure hope I like them, but reviews are good enough that at $25/dz I figure they can’t be a bad buy. And well, I dig their logo, haha.  So at least I know I’ll like looking down on it.
Minimal: TEE EX10 Beta 13 / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Full: Titleist 913 D3 / 909F 15 / 909H 19 / Bridgestone J40 DPCs 4-PW / Vokey 52&56 / Piretti 60 / Piretti Bosa / Jones Utility

4

#35 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

View Postslide13, on 08 July 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostBreak81, on 08 July 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

You can get last years version for $28 or less.  I think on Thursday’s the Dicks or GG flash sale has them 2 for $50.

Basically 2 dozen for the price of 1 dozen ProV1s

Thanks, good tip, didn’t know that and will definitely check that out.  At that price I think it’s a great ball.

Tonight I just ordered 5 dozen Vice Pros though.  Haven’t tried one so sure hope I like them, but reviews are good enough that at $25/dz I figure they can’t be a bad buy. And well, I dig their logo, haha.  So at least I know I’ll like looking down on it.
  Vice Pro is a good ball for sure. The only negative for me was I thought it didn't play as well in windy conditions as the Srixons I also play.  VP is very much like the 2015 ProV1 IMO.  Great $2 golf ball

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5
  Chrome Soft Truvis / TF Gamer

5



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors