Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Differences between Ping Eye and Eye 2 woods

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pcastlouis

Pcastlouis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 506104
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

I recently bought a set of Ping Eye 2 irons and Eye 1,3,4,5 woods after taking a 10-year hiatus from the game.  Iíve searched on the forum, but I canít seem to find the difference(s) between the Eye and Eye 2 Woods.  The Ping archive also wasnít much help.  My father had a set of the Eye 2 Woods, but he doesnít even remember owning them.  Does anyone know the answer?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 hnryclay

hnryclay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85817
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:22 PM

I do not, but I doubt much if anything. Did you try club finder they have loft and lies usually on clubs.

#3 JShaw

JShaw

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80343
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

I also don't know what the difference is.  I do prefer my eyes to my eye2s, especially the driver.  I find I draw the eye2s too much.  Both sets have zz-lite shafts.

#4 TimV

TimV

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1666

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

An extra Eye.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:taunt:

Seriously, I've hit both and don't see / feel much difference.
Vintage:
60-61 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t MacGregor Tourney Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Signature Brass Putter

Classic:
71-72 Wilson Staff Button Backs 2-SW w/t Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver and 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney SAT 5 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter

Modern Classic:
Mizuno Grad MP 2 Iron, 84-85 Mizuno Cimarron 3-PW Blades & Mizuno RSF 90 BeCu w/t 10* Callaway Warbird Great Big Bertha Ruger Driver, Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead III 3 Wood, & Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 7 Wood, Brass Slotline Putter

Modern:
07 Ping G10 (YD) Draw Driver & 4 Wood, 3 & 4 Hybrid, 5-SW w/t Ping Anser Putter

Farcical:
lil' David Slingers 2-PW, I haven't put any woods or putter with these as I can't bring myself to play them.  

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 and only...
(You can join but you have to get the tattoo)

Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors