Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Need a New Ball

31 replies to this topic

#31 BeerPerHole

BeerPerHole

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459940
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

OK, had a bit of an epiphany tonight. I got out on our course in the evening with few people out there (high heat today). I practiced with hitting 2 or 3 balls each hole. I recently had a buddy from our club say, "You gotta hit the front of our greens". I took that to heart. And, tonight I inserted the Q Star Tour into my practice. This was very interesting, because I can drive that ball a long way compared to my normal Z Star XV. the Q Star went very long and straight, in comparison. The impact was that I was left with substantially shorter approaches. the Q Star runs out about 50% longer after hitting the green. But, overall, the ball played much better for me. So, a ball that is less spinny actually performs better for me on our challenging course with hard greens. Tonight, for whatever reason (more water and a little more growth) our greens were a reasonable speed (probably an 8 or 9 vs the recent 11s or 12s we've been seeing). Anyway, I thought I'd share. And, I appreciate the input on this thread.

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
20-year old Mizuno 5 Wood
Srixon Z Star XV & Snell MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 strug'-a-ling

strug'-a-ling

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 390258
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

I get Pro V1s as gifts and play them.

When I buy my own, they're much less expensive Top Flite Gamers.

Since they stopped making wound balls, which I hated, I don't notice the difference between any of the brand name balls to be honest.

Perhaps  a better player might.

Edited by strug'-a-ling, 16 July 2018 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors