Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Son, 11, consistently scores better in front 9 than back 9

33 replies to this topic

#31 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2025

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

View PostBig Ben, on 03 July 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

There was nothing in the OP's original post that mentioned nutrition. You are entitled to raise your children as you see fit. The question for a 11yr old child was why his score was off on the back nine, I'm saying he or she is 11 and why even care if he is enjoying the activity. Different perspectives my comment was a little harsh for that I apologize.

Do your kids play golf?

I asked my kids instructor at the time, two years ago the same exact question the OP posed.  I found it odd that he could be so good on the front and then start losing it on the back.  He would be right around even par until around hole 14.  He didn't have the ability to finish the round.  Would always end up with a double and a couple of bogeys on the last 4-5 holes.  Would be frustrated and angry at the way he played.  First question his instructor asked was what was his diet like the day of the tournaments.  I told him and he told me his mid was becoming fatigued.  Cut out the sugars and lets adjust the diet.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2025

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostFade to Black, on 03 July 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Fatigue is likely the answer.

Quick question: is he playing the same 18 hole course?

If so, is it possible that the back 9 is just more difficult?

OP already answered the question in the thread.  It was mental fatigue due to nutrition.

#33 joey2aces

joey2aces

not as smart as most but not as gullible either

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 266330
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5218

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

cigar and a beer at the turn.
Rogue 10.5* Atmos Black TS 6 / AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s

M2 4h AD DI 8s
718 TMB 5-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

WITB Link

#34 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostBig Ben, on 03 July 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

There was nothing in the OP's original post that mentioned nutrition. You are entitled to raise your children as you see fit. The question for a 11yr old child was why his score was off on the back nine, I'm saying he or she is 11 and why even care if he is enjoying the activity. Different perspectives my comment was a little harsh for that I apologize.

Not sure about you but at 11 is when you start to really notice these things because they start to play a lot more holes. Everyone struggles with fatigue and the kids need to learn to overcome it.

Pushing yourself to go father is not just golf but in every other sport and life. It also called learning to do hard work and that something that you have to learn in life those that donít usually donít do well in life.

When it comes to nutrition it is very important. Wonder why places like google offer free lunches and energy drinks for employees. They learned employees make better choices when they have good nutrition.  Golf is no different and a tired and hungry player will make stupid mistakes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors