Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The Wine Thread


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21744

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

OK first things first, if you have this confused with "The Whine Thread" i will immediately refer to you to literally any thread in the Tour Talk Section.

Now that we are clear on that, i am talking about wine made from grapes. I started a thread many years ago here, but that was before i became really knowledgeable on what i liked and my tastes were all over the place.

I drink Red and White, but pretty much exclusively 2 regions

1) Pinot Noir's from Oregon. Love them.....My go to's here on the less expensive side are typically Erath Resplendant, Elouan, Rex Hill, Eola Barrel Select or Regular Eola.....And on the higher end Maison Roy, Bergstrom, Beaux Frere, Ken Wright, Colene Clemens, Maison L'Envoye.....Those are like 70-100 bucks here though so it's not a weekly thing.

2) Sauvignon Blanc's from New Zealand. I will not listen to anyone who says New Zealand does not make the best Sauvignon Blanc. In the summer these are great. I typically have 3-5 Matua Valley's in my house at any given time. I'm drinking a Babych right now. I have probably had 30-40 different ones so i can't list them all. For the money though i think Matua is one of the best wines on the market. I have literally never recommended it to someone and have them not like it. My wife loves Stoneleigh. On the pricier (for white anyway) side Cloudy Bay or Saint Clair are good too.

What do you guys drink?

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 18 degree w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey O-Works #7 Red Tank

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 gr8blueheronbird

gr8blueheronbird

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129494
  • Joined: 05/25/2011
  • Ebay ID:harrierdogsrbest
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

Rex Hill when I can. Its $32.00 a bottle but I know exactly where the grapes are grown. I like Pinot Noir. Under the radar and cheaper than most, Cameron Hughes Pinot Noir. Can catch some good value at $9.00 and $13.00 a bottle when you get the 20% off and free shipping. Check them out my friend.  You should enjoy. I need to check out the new Zealand wines. New wife and I may be planning a trip there very soon. Thanks for your insight.

2

#3 gr8blueheronbird

gr8blueheronbird

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129494
  • Joined: 05/25/2011
  • Ebay ID:harrierdogsrbest
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

My daughter and Son in law bought us a 2014 Vieux Telegraphe. I'm almost afraid to get near it($89.00 bottle). Any one have any experience with this one?

3

#4 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21744

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Is that the french one? Had to look it up. I've had a few french pinots but definitely not an expert. Sorry!

Were a bit limited by what we get here too. There's a government monopoly called the SAQ , and high taxes. So we don't have the best selection.

Ontario is a lot better. thankfully not a long drive

The Rex hill is nice though. I had one 2 weeks ago.

Edited by MtlJeff, 22 June 2018 - 08:19 PM.

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 18 degree w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey O-Works #7 Red Tank

4

#5 UofU02

UofU02

    Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
  • Joined: 02/22/2013
  • Location:Flyover Country
GolfWRX Likes : 1169

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

My wife and I are Malbec fans.  That means a lot of South American wines from Argentina and Chile.  Our favorite is the Uno Malbec.

Callaway Rogue 9.0*
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54* and 58*

5

#6 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 853

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:19 AM

We drink a lot of Spanish and Italian wines at home. Full bodied, heavy reds.
Ping G400Max 10.5° Mitsu Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60X
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
PXG 0317 18° Accra FX300H X-Flex
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Odyssey 2-Ball Slant Neck Custom

6

#7 scomac2002

scomac2002

    Inside the Starters' Hut

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109841
  • Joined: 06/22/2010
  • Location:The Great White North
GolfWRX Likes : 13417

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:15 AM

I like all styles of wine when done well and offering good value.  Rarely go for anything over $30, even for a special occasion.

Current favourites are:

Kloof Street Swartland Rouge; a Syrah blend from the Western Cape, South Africa $19.95

Roero Arneis Sabbie; a white Barolo from Piedmont, Italy $16.95

Cono Sur Bicicletta Pinot Noir Rosé, Chilé $11.00

Our son is in the industry and he is pretty handy at sleuthing out the great values, but availability is often limited.  It helps being close enough to Toronto to hit one of the LCBO rare wine stores.  We would never find these on our own shopping at the local outlets.
Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!


Titleist 913 D2 12° RIP Phenom 50R
Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°

TM '09 Rescue 25°
Ping i25 6-PW TFC 189 R

Cleveland CBX 54/12 Rotex
TM White Smoke Big Fontana
Bridgestone e5

7

#8 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21744

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

View PostUofU02, on 22 June 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

My wife and I are Malbec fans.  That means a lot of South American wines from Argentina and Chile.  Our favorite is the Uno Malbec.

Ive had Chilean whites just because there's a restaurant around here that has Errazuriz and caliterra. And they are fairly affordable restaurant wines. They are not my favorite but a pretty good compromise if no NZ options are available.

Errazuriz is pretty mild so hard not to like at least a bit

These are the sauv Blancs again though

Edited by MtlJeff, 23 June 2018 - 09:21 AM.

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 18 degree w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey O-Works #7 Red Tank

8

#9 UofU02

UofU02

    Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
  • Joined: 02/22/2013
  • Location:Flyover Country
GolfWRX Likes : 1169

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 23 June 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostUofU02, on 22 June 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

My wife and I are Malbec fans.  That means a lot of South American wines from Argentina and Chile.  Our favorite is the Uno Malbec.

Ive had Chilean whites just because there's a restaurant around here that has Errazuriz and caliterra. And they are fairly affordable restaurant wines. They are not my favorite but a pretty good compromise if no NZ options are available.

Errazuriz is pretty mild so hard not to like at least a bit

These are the sauv Blancs again though

Iím not a bit fan of whites outside of a summer Riesling or Moscato with a piece of white fish or shrimp.

South American Malbecs are interesting because the Malbec grape was kind of a filler used in French wines but the conditions of Aregentina and Chile were perfect for the grape and turned it into itís own wine.
Callaway Rogue 9.0*
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54* and 58*

9

#10 CEPick

CEPick

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83060
  • Joined: 05/16/2009
  • Location:Knoxville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 548

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

I like wine in a can. And I like when my GF drinks wine.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Trevorn

Trevorn

    Archie62

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14773
  • Joined: 05/14/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 22 June 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

OK first things first, if you have this confused with "The Whine Thread" i will immediately refer to you to literally any thread in the Tour Talk Section.

Now that we are clear on that, i am talking about wine made from grapes. I started a thread many years ago here, but that was before i became really knowledgeable on what i liked and my tastes were all over the place.

I drink Red and White, but pretty much exclusively 2 regions

1) Pinot Noir's from Oregon. Love them.....My go to's here on the less expensive side are typically Erath Resplendant, Elouan, Rex Hill, Eola Barrel Select or Regular Eola.....And on the higher end Maison Roy, Bergstrom, Beaux Frere, Ken Wright, Colene Clemens, Maison L'Envoye.....Those are like 70-100 bucks here though so it's not a weekly thing.

2) Sauvignon Blanc's from New Zealand. I will not listen to anyone who says New Zealand does not make the best Sauvignon Blanc. In the summer these are great. I typically have 3-5 Matua Valley's in my house at any given time. I'm drinking a Babych right now. I have probably had 30-40 different ones so i can't list them all. For the money though i think Matua is one of the best wines on the market. I have literally never recommended it to someone and have them not like it. My wife loves Stoneleigh. On the pricier (for white anyway) side Cloudy Bay or Saint Clair are good too.

What do you guys drink?
If you like Cloudy Bay, you should try Greywacke and Dog Point if you can find them. Kevin Judd, who was the original winemaker at Cloudy Bay left and set up Greywacke a few years ago while Ivan Sutherland and James Healy set up Dog Point. If you want to remortgage your house and try something special, buy some Dog Point Section 94 or Greywacke Wild. Both wines are barrel fermented sauvignon blanc's and a step up from their regular labels. Cloudy Bay have Te Koko which is made the same way. Away from Malborough, Palliser Estate in Martinborough in the lower North Island makes a really good Sauvignon Blanc that would be one of the best NZ Sauvignons year in, year out.

Malborough Pinot Noirs have come a long way in the past few years and are normally a bit better value that Central Otago or Martinborough so worth trying if you like their whites. Never tried Oregon Pinots so can't compare but tried many Santa Barbara area Pinots while there a couple of years ago and didn't taste anything that stood out as better than NZ Pinots.

May be even harder to find but Tasmania produces some really good Sauvignon Blancs as well. Actually bought some last year when we were there, which pleased the winemaker no end. "Sold some Sauvignon Blanc to a Kiwi" being yelled out across a crowded tasting room as we left isn't something a proud kiwi lives down in  a hurry.

11

#12 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21744

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

I have had dog point and remember liking it, but haven't seen it at an SAQ in 2-3 years now. Unfortunately we don't get all of them.

I've had some of the Pinot noir from New Zealand too, but I don't like them as much as Oregon
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 18 degree w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey O-Works #7 Red Tank

12

#13 mark m

mark m

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44392
  • Joined: 12/23/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 901

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

Hi Jeff,

Here is a bit of info that may find of interest:

Sauv Blanc:

The Marlborough region of NZ produces many good SB's. I assume you have tried Kim Crawford (huge seller), but probably prefer Matua? I worked for a wholesaler that sold both of those. We sold thousands of cases of KC. Long ago Kim sold his name to the producer (so he cannot use his own name) and he now makes a wine with his wife - I believe the label is called Loveblock SB. (I have not tried it.) You could try that one as well. Chile also produces some good value SB.

I would recommend a good "fine wine" shop where you can establish a relationship with one of these wine geeks who could help you select wines. Just tell him what you want to spend. Most have very affordable wines. Start with the lower priced wines! Work your way up. They have a ton of knowledge and you will learn a lot.

Sauv Blanc: What most look for in a good dry white wine (like SB) is good acid (which makes your mouth water), good minerality, and fruit. Now, one of the downsides with SB can be a "cat pee" nose. It's common. Some (like me) don't like. Some don't care and some actually prefer it. If you don't like it, I would highly recommend trying a few Bordeaux Blanc. Most of those are a blend of SB and Semillion. The French know what they are doing and you should have a large selection at stores in Montreal.

Pinot Noir: I also really like Pinot Noir. Probably my favorite for just drinking wine without a food pairing. Oregon makes some great ones and they tend to be more affordable than the California or French Burgundy. Chile also make some decent PN. And other countries are making some good stuff too - like Portugal and believe it or not - Germany (due to slightly warmer weather).

Hope this helps,
MM

Edited by mark m, 24 June 2018 - 07:59 PM.

Fit at Totally Driven:
Titleist 910D3 8.5 Oban Devotion 05Flex 75g
TM Aeroburner TP 3W - X Flex
TM R15 TP #3 - Fuji X Flex
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW - KBS C-Taper X
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 50/10
Cleveland RTX-3 56/11
Vokey SM6 60/08
Newport 2.5

13

#14 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 16858

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:13 PM

View Postmark m, on 24 June 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hi Jeff,

Here is a bit of info that may find of interest:

Sauv Blanc:

The Marlborough region of NZ produces many good SB's. I assume you have tried Kim Crawford (huge seller), but probably prefer Matua? I worked for a wholesaler that sold both of those. We sold thousands of cases of KC. Long ago Kim sold his name to the producer (so he cannot use his own name) and he now makes a wine with his wife - I believe the label is called Loveblock SB. (I have not tried it.) You could try that one as well. Chile also produces some good value SB.

I would recommend a good "fine wine" shop where you can establish a relationship with one of these wine geeks who could help you select wines. Just tell him what you want to spend. Most have very affordable wines. Start with the lower priced wines! Work your way up. They have a ton of knowledge and you will learn a lot.

Sauv Blanc: What most look for in a good dry white wine (like SB) is good acid (which makes your mouth water), good minerality, and fruit. Now, one of the downsides with SB can be a "cat pee" nose. It's common. Some (like me) don't like. Some don't care and some actually prefer it. If you don't like it, I would highly recommend trying a few Bordeaux Blanc. Most of those are a blend of SB and Semillion. The French know what they are doing and you should have a large selection at stores in Montreal.

Pinot Noir: I also really like Pinot Noir. Probably my favorite for just drinking wine without a food pairing. Oregon makes some great ones and they tend to be more affordable than the California or French Burgundy. Chile also make some decent PN. And other countries are making some good stuff too - like Portugal and believe it or not - Germany (due to slightly warmer weather).

Hope this helps,
MM

Nice, yes, I dont drink much white but when I do, sauv blanc is a preference and I enjoy the right combo of fruit and minerals. Hard to quantify the minerals but its like you can actually taste the stone/minerals that the water that fed the grapes and came to the wine.

I find I gravitate toward wines that I enjoy the "earth" of. Bordeaux, italian regions, the soil defines these wines.

Day to day, I just go with anything the compliments food well and has size with a balance of fruit and dryness.

But, I most enjoy the medocs and saint emilions if I have some very good food and want to spend some money.

14

#15 gr8blueheronbird

gr8blueheronbird

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129494
  • Joined: 05/25/2011
  • Ebay ID:harrierdogsrbest
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:50 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 22 June 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

Is that the french one? Had to look it up. I've had a few french pinots but definitely not an expert. Sorry!

Were a bit limited by what we get here too. There's a government monopoly called the SAQ , and high taxes. So we don't have the best selection.

Ontario is a lot better. thankfully not a long drive

The Rex hill is nice though. I had one 2 weeks ago.
It is from France. If you can find a 2012 Oregon Pinoit Noir, it will be very good as that was one of the best years for the grape.


15

#16 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Joined: 05/23/2017
  • Location:MO
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

I'm not really a big wine drinker... But for the last year or so I've been drinking the Baus Family Pinot Noir from Sonoma. I pay about $15 at a local store. One of the best values out there for me.
GO DAWGS

16

#17 Trevorn

Trevorn

    Archie62

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14773
  • Joined: 05/14/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

I drink pretty much everything. More of a red wine person than white though. Favourites would be Pinot Noir and Syrah.

Being in New Zealand, Central Otago has some great Pinots covering the full range of prices so always something to find that fits the budget. Wines that we buy consistently year in year out include Rockburn, Carrick, Peregrine, Valli and Grasshopper Rock. Hawkes Bay makes some really good Syrah and some favourites include Craggy Range, Te Mata, Elephant Hill and Trinity Hills. Still really enjoy the Bordeaux varietials though with most NZ wines being Merlot based as we don't consistently ripen Cabernet Sauvignon like Australia or Napa does.

Not so loyal with white wines and enjoy experimenting with new wines. Being loving Viognier for a few years now and this would be our go to white at the moment but still enjoy Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Gewurztraminer. Tried some NZ Albarino recently which was surprisingly good so bought some Spanish bottles as well, but not as nice!! I'm sure with a bit if research, I could find some better producers as it is a native Spanish grape.


We try and visit wine regions where we can on holiday as it's a great way to spend a day. If golf is included, it's a bonus. We spent a week in Tasmania last year and got to play golf at Barnbougle and Lost Farm and spent a few days travelling around the island visiting wineries. A memorable holiday and would definitely go back again.

Whatever happend Merlot in the US. Has it ever made a come back after the movie Sideways. I read somewhere that Merlot sales plummeted after this movie but never heard if this was temporary or permanment. Some of the best wines I've ever tasted have been Merlot dominant so it would be incredible if a movie could almost kill off a wine.

17

#18 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21744

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

View Postmark m, on 24 June 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hi Jeff,

Here is a bit of info that may find of interest:

Sauv Blanc:

The Marlborough region of NZ produces many good SB's. I assume you have tried Kim Crawford (huge seller), but probably prefer Matua? I worked for a wholesaler that sold both of those. We sold thousands of cases of KC. Long ago Kim sold his name to the producer (so he cannot use his own name) and he now makes a wine with his wife - I believe the label is called Loveblock SB. (I have not tried it.) You could try that one as well. Chile also produces some good value SB.

I would recommend a good "fine wine" shop where you can establish a relationship with one of these wine geeks who could help you select wines. Just tell him what you want to spend. Most have very affordable wines. Start with the lower priced wines! Work your way up. They have a ton of knowledge and you will learn a lot.

Sauv Blanc: What most look for in a good dry white wine (like SB) is good acid (which makes your mouth water), good minerality, and fruit. Now, one of the downsides with SB can be a "cat pee" nose. It's common. Some (like me) don't like. Some don't care and some actually prefer it. If you don't like it, I would highly recommend trying a few Bordeaux Blanc. Most of those are a blend of SB and Semillion. The French know what they are doing and you should have a large selection at stores in Montreal.

Pinot Noir: I also really like Pinot Noir. Probably my favorite for just drinking wine without a food pairing. Oregon makes some great ones and they tend to be more affordable than the California or French Burgundy. Chile also make some decent PN. And other countries are making some good stuff too - like Portugal and believe it or not - Germany (due to slightly warmer weather).

Hope this helps,
MM

Kim Crawford is a very common gift wine here. I'd bet it's one of the top 3-4 bottles in the entire Quebec market on the list of "what people bring to dinner parties". It's priced at 20$ so right in that range where people know you spend enough on it, and it's a known name. It's like the white version of Robert Mondavi Reds here. I've had it probably 50 times and i've probably only bought it 3-4 of those times LOL. It's a perfectly good wine, but yes i much prefer Matua or Stoneleigh as i find them a bit crisper and not as fruity, not sure how else to say it. I prefer Matua to Stoneleigh though. Tastes are so personal but i could drink only Matua the rest of my life and be fine.

We have a wine monopoly here called the SAQ, so unfortunately we don't have shops. It's government controlled.

Worst thing is you are held to what they order. One year they only ordered a few boxes of Cloudy Bay, they were sold by the first week of January and that was that. Another year they had one called "Le Petit Clos" that i liked and bought a box of....haven't seen it again in like 2-3 years
Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 18 degree w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey O-Works #7 Red Tank

18

#19 copperjeff

copperjeff

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187038
  • Joined: 06/18/2012
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:9000
GolfWRX Likes : 364

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:37 PM

Another poster mentioned albarino, I'll second the notion of giving that a try if you haven't. I've had a couple Spanish ones that I really enjoyed. Last one was a martin codax I believe. Solid wine, fair pricing.


Even though it's summer, ive gotta say I do love a big smack you in the mouth cab.

Nice thread Mtljeff!
Golfing Ginger
So glad I picked an outside activity...

19

#20 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21744

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

I'm drinking a Nobilo tonight. A new sauv they are stocking here from NZ. It's pretty meh. Good enough that I won't pour it down the sink though

Callaway Epic SubZero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 18 degree w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
Odyssey O-Works #7 Red Tank

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors