Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

When odd things out of necessity just work....a 3 wood story

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1336

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:28 PM

I have a love hate relationship with 3 woods so lets start there :)

I have had an Adams Super LS for about a year now and while I have liked it over other 3 woods I have tried, it mostly stayed at home and I would just play driver / 2i.

I had a shaft sitting in my part bag and decided to see what would happen if I put it in the 3 wood. It was a regular flex House of Forged Patriot that I pulled from an Adams Launch lab forever ago.....being too lazy/cheap to pull or replace the grip, I decided I would just tip the heck out of it to get it to length. Then after starting that process I realized i would tip the .335 right out of the shaft :)

I ended up tipping it as much as I could with out losing the tip diameter I needed and butt cut the rest. I typically play my 3 woods at a shorter shaft so it currently plays at 42", after being too light I picked up a 14g weight for the head and went to the range.

Maybe I was just on that day but I have NEVER loved a 3 wood, only liked a few....but now I love this 3 wood.

So there you have it, some weird, odd tipping on a shaft far too soft to begin with had ended up working really really well.

Anyone else have odd stories like that?

Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - HZRDUS Yellow 65
Callaway XR Pro 3deep 14° - Project X LZ
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
Scotty Cameron X7M

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums