Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping i200 Irons - No more custom orders??

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tommyj

Tommyj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:26 PM

Had an iron fitting last week and wanted to place a custom order for i200 irons.  Was told that is no longer possible, even though you can still place custom orders for i-series e1 irons, customization also still available for G irons.  Called Ping for confirmation and was told yes, that's what it is.  Ping has never done this before, usually offering custom orders going back at least one, if not two generations.  Also seems strange given that i210 probably won't start delivering until sometime in August.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts on what they are trying to achieve?  I'm confused.

Edited by Tommyj, 14 June 2018 - 12:30 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 bigD77

bigD77

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76059
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

View PostTommyj, on 14 June 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Had an iron fitting last week and wanted to place a custom order for i200 irons.  Was told that is no longer possible, even thought you can still place custom orders for i-series e1 irons, customization also still available for G irons.  Called Ping for confirmation and was told yes, that's what it is.  Ping has never done this before, usually offering custom orders going back at least one, if not two generations.  Also seems strange given that i210 probably won't start delivering until sometime in August.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts on what they are trying to achieve?  I'm confused.

How custom are you trying to go?  I placed an order 9 days ago that were red dot, -1/4, modus 105x, and they delivered yesterday...didnt bat an eye.

#3 tmax77

tmax77

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 256
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

My opinion...just trying to have better control of inventory levels would be my guess...look at IE1 as an example there are a ton of people on here that love that iron yet even though it is cheaper price they still have more than adequate inventory of a product that was reduced 18 months ago...I25 inventory levels stayed pretty high as well long after it was reduced.

again IMO...don't think there is any funny business, it was just that popular and ran out a little faster than they thought, no need to order more now with replacement coming in just over a month

View PostbigD77, on 14 June 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Had an iron fitting last week and wanted to place a custom order for i200 irons.  Was told that is no longer possible, even thought you can still place custom orders for i-series e1 irons, customization also still available for G irons.  Called Ping for confirmation and was told yes, that's what it is.  Ping has never done this before, usually offering custom orders going back at least one, if not two generations.  Also seems strange given that i210 probably won't start delivering until sometime in August.

How custom are you trying to go?  I placed an order 9 days ago that were red dot, -1/4, modus 105x, and they delivered yesterday...didnt bat an eye.

yours was probably one of the few last sets...I got the email last thursday night about no more heads
Under construction....

#4 Tommyj

Tommyj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:37 PM

Standard custom order: 5-UW, black dot, LZ 5.5, Tour Velvet grip, standard length and loft.  No custom orders period, case closed.  You got in just in time.  Just seems odd to do that before the i210 is actually available.  There's probably so little difference in the i210 that they are going to force people into buying that instead of getting a good deal on the i200.

#5 pollock21

pollock21

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264812
  • Handicap:7.6
  • Ebay ID:triscuit2144
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

Can you really blame Ping here? I’m sure all of their production has shifted to the new model, why invest capital in inventory for an obsolete model? Especially when most people would rather wait for the new ones anyway. It’s a tough break, but my guess is you will see more used sets pop up for good prices leading up to and after the new model release.

Taylormade M1 9.5 Oban Devotion 6
Taylormade M2 15* HZRDUS 75
Titleist 913h 21 101 D+
Mizuno MP-59 DG X100
SM5 M 54 S400
Fourteen LE-10 60 S400
Scotty GoLo

#6 Wooderson

Wooderson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5371
  • Handicap:19.5
GolfWRX Likes : 920

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

I'm going to venture that when the price dropped they sold a lot of these and ate up their inventory faster than they expected.
Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
Ping G30 14.5° TFC 419F Stiff
Callaway GBB 18° Diamana Ka'li Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21° Rogue Black Stiff
Titleist 818 H1 25° Tensei Pro White Stiff
Ping G400 6/7 Ping i200 8-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland CBX 50
° DG 115 Stiff
Ping Glide ES SW
Ping Eye2 LW
Piretti Potenza II

#7 Oknows

Oknows

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332809
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

I was told on Monday that they were no longer taking orders.
Ping G400 MAX at 8* w/ Diamana W 70x
Callaway Epic SZ 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75
Ping G 17.5 w/ Tour 80
Titleist 816 H1 23*
PING i210 5-GW w/ PX LZ 6.5
Callaway MD3 56* w/ DG s400
Callaway MD3 60* w/ DG s400
SeeMore Si5
Srixon Z Star XV

#8 nova6868

nova6868

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
  • Handicap:2.1
  • Ebay ID:nova6868nova
GolfWRX Likes : 1883

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Well there goes my plan for new irons...

#9 Belmont148

Belmont148

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
GolfWRX Likes : 562

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

Got my set in just in time, and then followed up with a matching UW one day before the cut off. I didn't even know they were going to do that, just got lucky. Picking up the UW tonight.
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
Cobra F7 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
MD Forged 56* S200
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

#10 Edaw68

Edaw68

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309951
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 925

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

Man, I ordered a set last week through TGW.  Hopefully I beat the cutoff.  I didn't get anything super fancy, standard stiff shaft black dot, just different grips.  The status is still processing.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 wacky wombat

wacky wombat

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482992
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

Had an iron fitting last week and wanted to place a custom order for i200 irons.  Was told that is no longer possible, even though you can still place custom orders for i-series e1 irons, customization also still available for G irons.  Called Ping for confirmation and was told yes, that's what it is.  Ping has never done this before, usually offering custom orders going back at least one, if not two generations.  Also seems strange given that i210 probably won't start delivering until sometime in August.

This happened to me last Saturday during my fitting as well; they said i200 could not have custom orders anymore.

Fitter's guess was due to the impending release of the i210.

#12 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

Major Winner

• 1,537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 602

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

Mine was one of the last custom i200 orders. Fitter told me they were selling like hotcakes the two weeks after the price drop so I jumped on it. I went ahead and ordered 4 iron through U to grab a complete set. Green dot, plus 1/2 inch, power specs, DG 120 shafts. They arrived last week.

Still mint condition i200ís on the secondary market and those can be adjusted by Ping if you send them in.
Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 3 wood, 15 degrees, Aldila Tour Green stiff shaft
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 816 H1 hybrid, 19 degree set to 20, Diamana Blue 60S shaft

Miura CB57 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125 stiff shafts, soft-stepped
Ping i200, 4-PW, power spec lofts, Dynamic Gold 120 stiff shafts
Mizuno S5 50-degree gap wedge, Nippon 1150 stiff shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw, 58-degree wedge, X grind, DG S200 shaft
Edel Rogue putter (thick blade), 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip
Argolf Avalon (small, semi-circle mallet) 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip.

#13 Goggles Piasano

Goggles Piasano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 506298
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:02 AM

Mine just came in a few weeks ago, now I feel really lucky, and am super happy  1/2" over, white dot, x100 shafts, power spec lofts, etc... and I got them at $200 off for the set.  I assumed at the time a new mode,was coming out as Ping never allows sales.  I hit everything, and i mean everything (Titleist, Mizuno, Wilson, Callaway, Taylormade, and more).  I really wanted to like the Titleist T-MB's.  I think they are the  most beautiful club out there, but they craped out for me on the short irons.  I also was excited about all the new hollow irons (Taylormade, Mizuno and Ping) but none worked well for me either.

The local shop lets you hit whatever you want with a driver's license and I buy all my clubs via trial and error with off the rack spec clubs first.  The pings won hands down .... again, and are the best irons I have ever hit.  Long and higher than my i15s before the custom fit.  I already hit the ball very high so the power spec option made sense for me.  This is my third set of Ping's after suffering with Wilson Staff blades 25 years ago then I discovered  Ping Zings > Ping i15 > Ping i200.

Before I committing on the final purchase, I was Trackman fitted pitting i200s vs the iBlades, and let the numbers reveal the victor without my brain or emotions clouding the choice.  I went in to the fitting thinking I was going to go with the iBlades but after the test the choice was clear. I loved the looks of these clubs but truth be told I must say the new i210's are even nicer looking - great job by Ping and anyone who might have missed out on the i200's an want a custom fit; aside from $200, you won't lose much waiting for the i210's.  I assume they will play and feel 95% the same.

Although a Trackman fit is expensive the local shop give a partial credit for a club purchase, and i would never consider buying another set without it.  The difference the shafts make is immense, and I never would have guessed extra stiff was in play for me until the test the distance and dispersion pattern was markedly superior.  

The bottom line is if you were sold on the i200's I highly recommend not compromising by getting a factory spec black dot with std lengths and the stock stiff shaft.  The i210s look fantastic and maybe you have to wait another month or two, but there is no substitute for a custom build set to your specs.  The extra $200 is well worth 2-3 less handicap points you'll gain in the end.

Enjoy!

BTW - do a search for Rick Shiels on you tube - I love watching his reviews.  take a look at both the "2017 top 10 Irons" video as well as the "top 10 2018 irons" video that coincidentally came out today.  Last year he carried iBlades in his bag.  He is entertaining and very informative.  I can;t wait for his i210 review, but suspect that won't be coming until the fall months at best.

#14 Socrates

Socrates

How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

• 8,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
  • Handicap:4ish
GolfWRX Likes : 3575

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:52 AM

Yes they have.  You've just never encountered it before.  Ping has enough heads but will reserve stock for those who need replacement clubs (lost,  damaged or warranty) for a period of time.  I210's are to be released very soon, so all orders will be for those.  It does take a little time on the production floor to eliminate a line and get the staff up to speed on any changes.

If at a point in time Ping finds they have more heads on hand than may be needed for warranty work, you may find you can order a set.  Which is why you can still place orders for some legacy sets.
Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"
MCC Align Midsize

#15 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

Major Winner

• 1,537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 602

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:23 AM

View PostGoggles Piasano, on 03 July 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

Mine just came in a few weeks ago, now I feel really lucky, and am super happy  1/2" over, white dot, x100 shafts, power spec lofts, etc... and I got them at $200 off for the set.  I assumed at the time a new mode,was coming out as Ping never allows sales.  I hit everything, and i mean everything (Titleist, Mizuno, Wilson, Callaway, Taylormade, and more).  I really wanted to like the Titleist T-MB's.  I think they are the  most beautiful club out there, but they craped out for me on the short irons.  I also was excited about all the new hollow irons (Taylormade, Mizuno and Ping) but none worked well for me either.

The local shop lets you hit whatever you want with a driver's license and I buy all my clubs via trial and error with off the rack spec clubs first.  The pings won hands down .... again, and are the best irons I have ever hit.  Long and higher than my i15s before the custom fit.  I already hit the ball very high so the power spec option made sense for me.  This is my third set of Ping's after suffering with Wilson Staff blades 25 years ago then I discovered  Ping Zings > Ping i15 > Ping i200.

Before I committing on the final purchase, I was Trackman fitted pitting i200s vs the iBlades, and let the numbers reveal the victor without my brain or emotions clouding the choice.  I went in to the fitting thinking I was going to go with the iBlades but after the test the choice was clear. I loved the looks of these clubs but truth be told I must say the new i210's are even nicer looking - great job by Ping and anyone who might have missed out on the i200's an want a custom fit; aside from $200, you won't lose much waiting for the i210's.  I assume they will play and feel 95% the same.

Although a Trackman fit is expensive the local shop give a partial credit for a club purchase, and i would never consider buying another set without it.  The difference the shafts make is immense, and I never would have guessed extra stiff was in play for me until the test the distance and dispersion pattern was markedly superior.  

The bottom line is if you were sold on the i200's I highly recommend not compromising by getting a factory spec black dot with std lengths and the stock stiff shaft.  The i210s look fantastic and maybe you have to wait another month or two, but there is no substitute for a custom build set to your specs.  The extra $200 is well worth 2-3 less handicap points you'll gain in the end.

Enjoy!

BTW - do a search for Rick Shiels on you tube - I love watching his reviews.  take a look at both the "2017 top 10 Irons" video as well as the "top 10 2018 irons" video that coincidentally came out today.  Last year he carried iBlades in his bag.  He is entertaining and very informative.  I can;t wait for his i210 review, but suspect that won't be coming until the fall months at best.

+1. Love the fit on my i200ís. Green dot, plus 1/2 inch and power spec, gold grip. (I only want slightly larger grips as I cannot hit a consistent draw with midsize grips.) I am getting excellent distance and performance. They feel so nice at impact with the DG 120 shaft. Definitely a club longer with nice high flight. The 4 iron goes 210 for me and that is usually how far I hit a 3 hybrid. My favorite attribute is you can catch them a little thin and they still go.

The 210 is very similar with a larger and softer elastomer insert. May feel slightly softer than the 200. I actually do not like it when clubs feel too soft so not a big factor to me. The ball and grips are a factor there. The 200 with a Chromesoft X or Snell MTB Red feels perfect.

Looks wise, the back of the 200 looks better to me but both are clean and attractive, just different. Fitting is worth it, so if I had to buy the 210 to get fitted, I would. The 2 degrees upright and shaft made a big difference.

Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 3 wood, 15 degrees, Aldila Tour Green stiff shaft
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 816 H1 hybrid, 19 degree set to 20, Diamana Blue 60S shaft

Miura CB57 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125 stiff shafts, soft-stepped
Ping i200, 4-PW, power spec lofts, Dynamic Gold 120 stiff shafts
Mizuno S5 50-degree gap wedge, Nippon 1150 stiff shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw, 58-degree wedge, X grind, DG S200 shaft
Edel Rogue putter (thick blade), 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip
Argolf Avalon (small, semi-circle mallet) 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip.

#16 CaseyDan

CaseyDan

Advanced

• 441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 368313
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 369

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:53 PM

Interested to hear what you think of the 105x. Interested in this shaft but canít find one to demo or even a set or single used omicron to purchase.
TaylorMade M2 Tenesi Pro White 60s
Callaway XR 16 Blueboard 70s
Callaway Apex CF16 3 Iron PXi 5.5
Callaway Apex MB Raw PX 5.5
Vokey SM7 52.12F Raw
TaylorMade 58* Hi-Toe
Cameron & Crown Newport

#17 Edaw68

Edaw68

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

For those of you who custom ordered, how long did it take to get your clubs?

#18 Frisco Kid

Frisco Kid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209807
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostEdaw68, on 03 July 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

My order took about 9 days.  I ordered mine -.5, red dot with Modus 105R.
Ping G30 Driver Tour 65 R
Ping G30 3 Metal TFC419 R
Ping G30 5 Metal TFC419 R
Ping I200 4-P Modus 105 R
Ping Glide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, 58SS CFS
Ping G Sigma Tyne Putter
Ping DLX Cart Bag

#19 Edaw68

Edaw68

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

View PostFrisco Kid, on 03 July 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

Thanks. I’m at three weeks. Think I’ll call the dealer.

#20 pkshooter

pkshooter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24765
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

Does anyone know if you already have a set of i200s (5-pw) with a custom shaft option, will Ping allow you to order a single club (like 4 iron) with matching specs to your previous custom order.  Also, if you loose a club and want to order a replacement, can you still do that with the custom specs?  I know in the past it has been yes to both.  Hoping that is still the case.

Edited by pkshooter, 04 July 2018 - 08:48 AM.

Ping i25 9.5* Diamana Ahina
Ping i25 15* PWR75 Tour Stiff
Ping G25 20*, 23* Hybrid TFC Stiff
Ping G 5-UW N.S. Pro Modus3 105
Ping Glide 54*WS, 58*ES CFS Wedge
Ping Anser Milled
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 eerogolf

eerogolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41874
  • Ebay ID:eerogolf
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

Miss the old days. In 1994 I was able to order a brand new Karsten I and Eye 5 iron for my collection. They have there own casting facility in Phoenix. Now they cast everything in China I guess.

#22 Joelsim

Joelsim

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504220
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:17 PM

They couldn’t keep up with demand for the G400 at launch, and given those plus the G700, the new i500 and i210 as well as new forged wedges...probably a capacity thing.
Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5Ē
Ping G400 13.5 3-Wood Regular Alta CB 42Ē
Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
Cleveland CBX 52
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
Bettinardi Studio Stock #3

#23 Socrates

Socrates

How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn?

• 8,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
  • Handicap:4ish
GolfWRX Likes : 3575

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:34 PM

View PostEdaw68, on 03 July 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm probably thinking that you are SOL and they don't want to tell you.  I'm betting you get an i210.
Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc
Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Scotty X7M Dual 38"
MCC Align Midsize

#24 Belmont148

Belmont148

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
GolfWRX Likes : 562

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

If you are at 3 weeks I think you missed the cutoff. I ordered my UW on 6/4 and was told 2 days later that they couldnít custom order any more. My UW came in 8 days after I ordered it with matching serial#.
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
Cobra F7 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
MD Forged 56* S200
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

#25 Crooksc17

Crooksc17

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441900
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:Crooksc17
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

View Postpkshooter, on 04 July 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Does anyone know if you already have a set of i200s (5-pw) with a custom shaft option, will Ping allow you to order a single club (like 4 iron) with matching specs to your previous custom order.  Also, if you loose a club and want to order a replacement, can you still do that with the custom specs?  I know in the past it has been yes to both.  Hoping that is still the case.

Yes. I called Ping a few weeks ago and was told that replacement clubs are still able to be ordered but they arenít taking full set orders any longer

#26 Edaw68

Edaw68

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

View PostSocrates, on 04 July 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostEdaw68, on 03 July 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm probably thinking that you are SOL and they don't want to tell you.  I'm betting you get an i210.

Well that won’t break my heart. But saving some money would have been nice.

#27 Edaw68

Edaw68

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

Well mine are on the way after a call to customer service, who the called ping. Shipped the day after my call. I suspect they might have just been lost in the shuffle if I hadn’t called.  Probably also helped that I didn’t get a shaft upgrade, just grips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors