Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adjusting or reshafting plumber's neck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nocarts83

nocarts83

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464896
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:38 AM

At least according to retail putter manufacturers, I am a huge weirdo who likes face balanced anser/blade style putters.  Over the last 2 decades, it seems like there were less than 5 models specifically designed like that.

I had been gaming a Newport Notchback that I had reshafted with a single bend shaft to be face balanced and have generally loved it.  However, I recently picked up a Ping Anser Milled 5 from 2011.  I love the neck...my stroke and alignment are significantly better with that than the notchback.  Unfortunately, I like the feel of the deeper milling pattern on the Cameron (it's from the 2014 era) better.

So all that leads to the question....how hard and expensive would it be to get a putter adjusted to have a neck similar to that Anser 5?  I like that, instead of having a real giraffe neck it actually slants a little toward the center of the head in order to get the balance rather than to make the neck straight vertical, but crazy long like the old Cameron long neck from the late 90's.

I can think of 2 options:
1)  Completely reshaft...but does that mean finding (another) one of these bigfoot putters that rarely exist and cutting off the shaft?
2)  Get one that has a longer neck, like the Toulon H2 or H9 and get it bent or somehow adjusted toward the center to change the hang from ~20 degrees to 0?  I asked a local guy that does club work and he thought bending wouldn't work.

Any thoughts would be helpful!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 6338

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Most heads that were designed for a bent (single or double) shaft could likely be retrofitted with one of these:

https://www.golfwork...osels/p/gw0138/

#3 liljim

liljim

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453270
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

View Postnocarts83, on 14 June 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

At least according to retail putter manufacturers, I am a huge weirdo who likes face balanced anser/blade style putters.  Over the last 2 decades, it seems like there were less than 5 models specifically designed like that.

I had been gaming a Newport Notchback that I had reshafted with a single bend shaft to be face balanced and have generally loved it.  However, I recently picked up a Ping Anser Milled 5 from 2011.  I love the neck...my stroke and alignment are significantly better with that than the notchback.  Unfortunately, I like the feel of the deeper milling pattern on the Cameron (it's from the 2014 era) better.

So all that leads to the question....how hard and expensive would it be to get a putter adjusted to have a neck similar to that Anser 5?  I like that, instead of having a real giraffe neck it actually slants a little toward the center of the head in order to get the balance rather than to make the neck straight vertical, but crazy long like the old Cameron long neck from the late 90's.

I can think of 2 options:
1)  Completely reshaft...but does that mean finding (another) one of these bigfoot putters that rarely exist and cutting off the shaft?
2)  Get one that has a longer neck, like the Toulon H2 or H9 and get it bent or somehow adjusted toward the center to change the hang from ~20 degrees to 0?  I asked a local guy that does club work and he thought bending wouldn't work.

Any thoughts would be helpful!

I'm not sure about option 1 but with option 2 you have to keep in mind the hosel cup/ shaft interface.  Bending it that much might have an adverse affect on that area.  Another option could be sending the anser 5 to someone like Tom Slighter and have the face re milled like the Cameron putter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors