Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Wisconsin Classic Woods & Blades 2018

classic woods blades outing wisconsin

75 replies to this topic

#1 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469404
GolfWRX Likes : 872

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

Well, it looks like at least two of us will be meeting this Saturday morning for an 8:00 start at Beaver Dam Country Club.

For a 2018 "official" outing, I was thinking of scheduling it for this fall. The only other event I have scheduled is for mid September. Other than that my schedule is wide open.

So if you are interested, let me know here what your availability / interest level is.

As far as location, last year we held it at Old Hickory in Beaver Dam. I would like to find a course of similar age (1920's) somewhere near Lake Geneva, which would make it a little easier on the Illinois folks. Maybe some Michigan players would make the trip? Iowa? Minnesota? Continental US?

Also, last year we had about 8 players. It would be great if we could double that number this year. There has already been an offer of "great giveaways", and I am sure that there will be plenty of clubs to swap / trade / barter for. We had some great gifts given to us last year too. Baloo won a trophy for best round, as did HAB for "most clubs fit into a car by a human being ever". In all seriousness, the collection he arrived with was most impressive, and it was at this event that I obtained the Louisville Smart persimmon driver that is now my favorite.

So think about attending. If you are planning a trip to Wisconsin from anywhere, let us know and we'll try to work around your schedule. If possible, I'd like to pick a date by the end of July.

That's all for now!

My first attempt at a logo. Stock image. I added the text.
[attachment=4545596:wcwb logo sm.jpg]

Edited by Dcohenour, 13 June 2018 - 10:38 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 smorg

smorg

Tundra Transplant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243305
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:morgan141414
GolfWRX Likes : 327

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:33 AM

View PostDcohenour, on 13 June 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

Well, it looks like at least two of us will be meeting this Saturday morning for an 8:00 start at Beaver Dam Country Club.

For a 2018 "official" outing, I was thinking of scheduling it for this fall. The only other event I have scheduled is for mid September. Other than that my schedule is wide open.

So if you are interested, let me know here what your availability / interest level is.

As far as location, last year we held it at Old Hickory in Beaver Dam. I would like to find a course of similar age (1920's) somewhere near Lake Geneva, which would make it a little easier on the Illinois folks. Maybe some Michigan players would make the trip? Iowa? Minnesota? Continental US?

Also, last year we had about 8 players. It would be great if we could double that number this year. There has already been an offer of "great giveaways", and I am sure that there will be plenty of clubs to swap / trade / barter for. We had some great gifts given to us last year too. Baloo won a trophy for best round, as did HAB for "most clubs fit into a car by a human being ever". In all seriousness, the collection he arrived with was most impressive, and it was at this event that I obtained the Louisville Smart persimmon driver that is now my favorite.

So think about attending. If you are planning a trip to Wisconsin from anywhere, let us know and we'll try to work around your schedule. If possible, I'd like to pick a date by the end of July.

That's all for now!

Attachment wcwb logo.JPG
Count me in as long as it's not Sept 7-9.  Also plan on my neighbor playing as well.
Hogan Edge 1-SW, Apex 3
Hogan Edge GS 3-PW Apex 3
Hogan Apex ll, 3-9, Apex 4
Hogan Speed Slot 1,2,4
Hogan Rail Putter

#3 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

[attachment=4545606:wi2.jpg]

Looks like potential dates would be:

September 22 or 23, 29 or 30
October 6 or 7, 13 or 14

If you have any other suggestions, let us know.

#4 baloo

baloo

A Person

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140341
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 635

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

I think I can make any of the Saturdays work
Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf

#5 HoganApexBlades

HoganApexBlades

...Be the ball, Be the ball Danny...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249580
GolfWRX Likes : 1535

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Saturdays are good for me. Let's try to do it in September before the leaves fall.

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

#6 oldschoolrocker

oldschoolrocker

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126943
GolfWRX Likes : 4404

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

If yíall donít mind me meandering up your way I think my tired ole bones would be interested in seeing your neck of the woods.  Iím sure Iíll be hankering to get out of this Ďforesaken southern heat and humidity by that time.  My schedule is pretty much what I say it is these days, if I have enough advance notice.
BTW, where is Wisconsin?  I donít get north of the Mason/Dixon line much these days.

Edited by oldschoolrocker, 13 June 2018 - 04:43 PM.

#7 HoganApexBlades

HoganApexBlades

...Be the ball, Be the ball Danny...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249580
GolfWRX Likes : 1535

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

View Postoldschoolrocker, on 13 June 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

If yíall donít mind me meandering up your way I think my tired ole bones would be interested in seeing your neck of the woods.  Iím sure Iíll be hankering to get out of this Ďforesaken southern heat and humidity by that time.  My schedule is pretty much what I say it is these days, if I have enough advance notice.
BTW, where is Wisconsin?  I donít get north of the Mason/Dixon line much these days.

Randy,

You, STU and Augie were supposed come up here for a week of golfing NIRVAVA in northern IL/southern WI this summer, remember?
CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

#8 oldschoolrocker

oldschoolrocker

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

Alan,
  I fully intend to, and, am looking forward to the golf and ďin personĒ fellowship.
Randy

#9 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

Happy to hear this Randy!

#10 rwc356

rwc356

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29907
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostDcohenour, on 13 June 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Attachment wi2.jpg

Looks like potential dates would be:

September 22 or 23, 29 or 30
October 6 or 7, 13 or 14

If you have any other suggestions, let us know.

Saturdays are best for me as well. Would love to play!

Bob

Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Bigarch

Bigarch

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465696
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 674

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

I'll comment because I want to follow this and depending on if the date works out....who knows?
  • Driver - Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5* Fujukura Pro 60
  • Fairway - Adams Fairway Blue 16* Stock Slim Tech Stiff
  • Hybrid -  Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Fujikura S +.5"
  • 4-PW- Cleveland TA7 +1.25" FST 90 Stiff
  • Wedges - 52, 56, 60 Cleveland 588 RTX 588 Apollo MatchFlex +1"
  • Putter - Odyssey O-Works 7S - 35"

#12 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Certified Blade Chump

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 5224

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:58 AM

View PostBigarch, on 13 June 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'll comment because I want to follow this and depending on if the date works out....who knows?

I'll do same.  It's a bit far out for me to know if I can make it, but it sounds like it could be fun.
The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  Tour Edge XCG7 Beta, Fuji Motore F3 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
2h:  TM Stage2 Tour, NV105 S
2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
SW:  Acer XB 58*, DGS300 tipped
Testing:  4-SW Pinhawk SL irons, DGS400, 37" (oh my!), w/Maltby 60° LW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
(Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
   will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
Shoes by True Linkswear

#13 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

Excellent! That's 9 players so far!

Edited by Dcohenour, 14 June 2018 - 09:13 AM.

#14 TimV

TimV

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1952

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

You Guys are Driving Me Nuts!

Ok, perhaps it's more of a short putt.

Regardless I dearly wish I could join you but know it's not going to happen.
I'm extremely jealous but do wish you all the best and hope you have a great outing together!
Vintage:
60-61 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t MacGregor Tourney Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Signature Brass Putter

67-68 Spalding Top Flite Professional 2-PW & Palmer FTD SW  w/t Cobra Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, T.P.M. 12 Putter

Classic:
71-72 Wilson Staff Button Backs 2-PW & R61 Sandy Andy SW w/t Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver and 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney SAT 5 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter

Modern Classic:
'1995' Snake Eyes S&W Forged 3-10 Irons, Hubby Habjan Scotch Blade 2 Iron, Mizuno MP 52-07, Titleist 258-08 Vokey, w/t TaylorMade R5 Dual 10.5 degree Driver, Snake Eyes Quickstrike 19 degree 4 Wood, Brass Anser Style Slotline Putter

Modern:
2016 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Forged 4-GW Irons, Wilson Harmonized 55 degree SW, w/t TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0: 10.5 degree Driver, 18 degree 4 Wood, 21 degree Hybrid. Tour Edge CNC Milled Feel III Putter

For S&G:
lil' David Slingers 2-PW w/t Tracks USA 10 degree Driver, 15 degree 3 Wood, and Brass Rammer 3000 USA Putter
*Ridiculous offset on all of these. You have to see it to believe it!  

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 and only...
(You can join but you have to get the tattoo)

Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

#15 jplroper

jplroper

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288987
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

This sounds like a cool event, how good do you have to be to play in it and how old do your clubs need to be?

#16 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:24 AM

Hi! Any skill level is fine. Generally, "classic woods" means woods that are made of actual wood. Before the graphite era. Blades means forged irons, again, before graphite. There are no rules, but to be in the spirit of the gathering your clubs should be at least earlier than the 1990's.

This is a fun event, so we just get together to meet, enjoy fellowship, play golf, admire, swap, & trade gear, and maybe even let someone else hit your clubs for a shot or two. Last year, IIRC, Scott and I swapped clubs for the last two or three holes. That was fun!

Then we share a meal together, for those that can stay, at a local burger joint. I think this year the club swap will be after we play.

So there is no competition really, just a gathering of like minded people interested in playing 18 holes with vintage clubs.

If you need some guidance, just post what you got here and someone will chime in. :-)

If you can make it, you are welcomed to attend.

#17 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:49 AM

Regarding classic clubs to play:

I will be bringing along an extra set for someone to use if you do not have a set of clubs to play with that day. I am sure that with all of the clubs that were there last time, if this years gathering is equal to that, we could probably put together 10 sets. But if you are planning to attend, and can put together an extra set with bag to loan out on that day, please do so and let me know so I can get a count of extra "play sets". So we now have one extra set.

To borrow, all you need do is show up and provide your own golf balls, tees, etc.

Other sources: Ask around. Let friends and family know that you are interested in playing with vintage golf equipment. You would be surprised to see what is lurking in your parents or grandparents basement, garage, shed, barn, or storage unit. Most times you will get them for free. Last week I got two hickory putters just for bringing the subject up in conversation. So you never know.

You also do not need "collectable" clubs to play in a fun event. You can probably gather enough intel here to get a good idea of what you should be looking for. Wilson was a big name in the 1970's, as was MacGregor, Hogan, & Spalding. Yes there were others.

If you hit a regular flex shaft in your normal set, then it's probably best to stick with that in a vintage set. All you really need is a fairway wood or two, a long, mid, and short iron, a wedge and a putter. That will get you around most courses. Play the forward tees and you will have even more fun.

Start looking around for clubs with decent grips, and if you happen upon a vintage bag that's a bonus. Six or 7 clubs is really all you need. If you find a full set that too is a bonus. Be sure to post pics of your finds in the "Thrift Shop" thread. Have fun looking, it's all part of the appeal. Or just plan to attend and borrow a set. let me know if you plan to do that so we don't run out of clubs.

So to recap, I will be bringing one extra set to loan out that day. Anyone else? let me know.
:to_become_senile:

Edited by Dcohenour, 15 June 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#18 baloo

baloo

A Person

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140341
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 635

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:46 AM

I can bring an extra set of clubs as well if someone wants to play and doesn't have their own.
Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf

#19 BIG STU

BIG STU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 28319

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:35 AM

View PostTimV, on 14 June 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

You Guys are Driving Me Nuts!

Ok, perhaps it's more of a short putt.

Regardless I dearly wish I could join you but know it's not going to happen.
I'm extremely jealous but do wish you all the best and hope you have a great outing together!
HAB and myself have talked about the trip for a while I may not be able to make it this year. I may do it next year after hopefully I retire. Augie took over management and refurb on a golf course in the mountains of NC. But anyhow Tim we need to get together with Randy because we are sorta close geographically wise.
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

#20 BIG STU

BIG STU

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 28319

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:39 AM

View Postbaloo, on 15 June 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

I can bring an extra set of clubs as well if someone wants to play and doesn't have their own.
That is good of you. Now HAB will have enough stuff if he does like he did last year to equip half of the PGA Tour with classic sticks if some of them decide to show up. Now if any of you guys happen to be in the Myrtle Beach area and I know bring your modern stuff down but still want to play a vintage round you feel free to borrow vintage stuff from me--- as long as you like hitting Hogan or Macgregor

Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 TimV

TimV

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1952

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostBIG STU, on 17 June 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

View Postbaloo, on 15 June 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

That is good of you. Now HAB will have enough stuff if he does like he did last year to equip half of the PGA Tour with classic sticks if some of them decide to show up. Now if any of you guys happen to be in the Myrtle Beach area and I know bring your modern stuff down but still want to play a vintage round you feel free to borrow vintage stuff from me--- as long as you like hitting Hogan or Macgregor

My selection will differ but the same offer applies to any venturing to South Florida.
Anywhere between West Palm on the north end and Plantation on the south works for me.
I don't do Miami!  :stop:
Vintage:
60-61 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t MacGregor Tourney Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Signature Brass Putter

67-68 Spalding Top Flite Professional 2-PW & Palmer FTD SW  w/t Cobra Persimmon Driver & 4 Wood, T.P.M. 12 Putter

Classic:
71-72 Wilson Staff Button Backs 2-PW & R61 Sandy Andy SW w/t Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver and 3 Wood, MacGregor Tourney SAT 5 Wood, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter

Modern Classic:
'1995' Snake Eyes S&W Forged 3-10 Irons, Hubby Habjan Scotch Blade 2 Iron, Mizuno MP 52-07, Titleist 258-08 Vokey, w/t TaylorMade R5 Dual 10.5 degree Driver, Snake Eyes Quickstrike 19 degree 4 Wood, Brass Anser Style Slotline Putter

Modern:
2016 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Forged 4-GW Irons, Wilson Harmonized 55 degree SW, w/t TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0: 10.5 degree Driver, 18 degree 4 Wood, 21 degree Hybrid. Tour Edge CNC Milled Feel III Putter

For S&G:
lil' David Slingers 2-PW w/t Tracks USA 10 degree Driver, 15 degree 3 Wood, and Brass Rammer 3000 USA Putter
*Ridiculous offset on all of these. You have to see it to believe it!  

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 and only...
(You can join but you have to get the tattoo)

Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

#22 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

http://www.delbrookgolfclub.com/

To those who are considering attending the fall classic, please visit the link above and give me your thoughts. Scott, interested in a scouting trip?

#23 oldschoolrocker

oldschoolrocker

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

If that is respective of the ďratesĒ you guys have for a round up north, perhaps I need to take my happy butt and move.

#24 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:02 AM

Beaver Dam Country Club, by way of comparison, was $47 for 18 holes riding. I try to look for affordable courses. Old Hickory is getting a bit pricey at $61, imo. My home course, the Glacial nine, is $21.50 to walk, and the executive corse down the road is $13 for 9, last time I was there.

It would be nice if we could play both days when we gather. Just a thought for those so inclined.

#25 Fellaheen51

Fellaheen51

Go Green

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284154
GolfWRX Likes : 14601

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:07 AM

View Postoldschoolrocker, on 21 June 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

If that is respective of the "rates" you guys have for a round up north, perhaps I need to take my happy butt and move.

Most of the courses our small traveling group play are $30.00 or less, 18 holes with cart.  Weekday, senior rates.  Very nice public courses.  Rarely, do we pay much more than that.  A couple of the boys start grousing about the cost when it gets into the mid-30's.  Using the "on a fixed income" argument.  All we play are public courses, so one has to slog around with the 'unwashed'.  But the old boys in the mid-week morning crowd know how to play with pace.  Shoot and scoot golf, rarely exceeding 4 hours.  

Yesterday, green fees were $27.00.  A cool and quite comfortable 65* when we teed off at 10:00 a.m.  Just a light pullover for a few holes.  A leisurely 3:45 hour round.  Played like crap.  

Monitoring developments of this thread.  Would like to join in, but to far out to commit at this point.  Delavan, WI looks doable distance-wise (388 miles).  To many already booked engagements in October to make a golf trip though.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

#26 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

View PostFellaheen51, on 21 June 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

Monitoring developments of this thread.  Would like to join in, but to far out to commit at this point.  Delavan, WI looks doable distance-wise (388 miles).  To many already booked engagements in October to make a golf trip though.
That's good to know. It looks now, based on the feedback I have received thus far, that it will NOT be in October. Most likely one of the last two weekends in September.

For those that are traveling, is anyone interested in doing 18 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday morning before you drive home? We could do a "hickory" nine, a scramble or best ball, or match play. Whatever the group decides is fine with me. If we do a two day event, I will try to get a special room rate at one of the local motels, but we would need to have a decent sized group for that. Just thinking out loud here... Any thoughts?

Edited by Dcohenour, 21 June 2018 - 08:28 AM.

#27 HumbleGolfer

HumbleGolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459888
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:scotpeterse0
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Depending on date Iím in. Coming from West MI.

#28 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

View PostHumbleGolfer, on 21 June 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Depending on date Iím in. Coming from West MI.
What date works for you?

#29 HumbleGolfer

HumbleGolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459888
  • Handicap:14
  • Ebay ID:scotpeterse0
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

This far out Iíd say later in September or anytime in October. Iím somewhat flexible...

#30 Dcohenour

Dcohenour

Tommy Armour

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

Date announcement:

I would like to propose Saturday September 15th is the date for our outing with a rain date of Saturday September 29th.

Please respond here and let me know if you can make it on either of those two dates.

Unless I hear otherwise, Saturday September 15th is the date. Please check your calendar!
Here is the potential course. http://www.delbrookgolfclub.com
A scouting trip is in the planning stages for later in July.

If you are planning to attend, please make sure to get me your name either here or through PM.

Thanks!

Edited by Dcohenour, 26 July 2018 - 10:06 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Also tagged with classic, woods, blades, outing, wisconsin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors